Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/3/2008 8:50:03 AM EDT
From an email/campus wide Text Alert:

This message has been approved by John R. Carnaghi, Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration, for distribution to all students, faculty and staff.

*FSU ALERT!* Suspicious Package in parking garage #1 - Woodward Avenue. Building evacuated. Officials are on scene investigating. Avoid the area. See website, www.fsu.edu for details.

I'm guessing it is a homeless guy who dropped his backpack.

ETA-

Florida State University police are investigating a bomb threat at FSU garage No. 1, which was reported about noon today.
Advertisement

FSU police say there is a briefcase near a sign with “bomb” written on it.

A parking services employee saw the briefcase on a white Izuzu with a temporary tag, said Lt. James Trumbower. It is parked in the southeast corner of the fourth floor of the garage. The employee called police.

The Bomb Squad and the Tallahassee Fire Department are on scene with FSU police. They have evacuated the parking garage, which is across the street from the Student Union.

Woodward Avenue leading into the parking garage is blocked off.

Check Tallahassee.com for updates.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
OMG OH TEH NOES
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I might have skipped class, if I didn't have so many absences.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
It is not terrorist related!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Contents of bag:
1 algebra for dummies book
6 profolatics
1 half liter of Smirnoff vodka
1 dirty Nole's shirt
3 packets of McDonalds ketchup
1 glass pipe/used
1 pair of sandles

Stoned Effer left bag on car after smoking some pot before class

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#5]
We need to lock down the forum.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Now that would be tricky, a real bomb disguised as a backpack, but with a sign that identifies it as a bomb.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Do not invite the wrath of Dave_A.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL!
Shutting down part of the state for a bag?Well is you can scare people that easy guess what theres going to be more and more people doing this same shit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Been with an FSU PD officer all morning and they have not put out any sort of 'call in' of the troops for sure. My guess is the homeless guy and backpack is likely correct but they do a very good job on thw whole and have a pretty squared away agency. They had patrol rifles years ago when others were just talking about it and thrie firearms trainijng is excellent...not that it would matter all that much if a bomb really was there, of course, but no agency can afford to take the chance that such a suspicious package is harmless.

I think the text alert is a good idea, regardless of how unlikely of a threat this actually is.  What they really need to do is let me ccw on campus.  Oh well, I'll be out of here in a few weeks anyway.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
LOL!
Shutting down part of the state for a bag?Well is you can scare people that easy guess what theres going to be more and more people doing this same shit.

I should probably change the title, it is just part of FSU, not the state of Florida itself.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#12]
what's an IZUZU?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#13]
My mom tells stories about how when she was in college, people would call in bomb threats all the time so they could skip class, especially if there was an exam they hadn't studied for.

I've been going to school for five years now and not one day off from class over a bomb threat.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I know if I ever wanted to kill innocent people with a bomb, I'd make sure to write "bomb" on whatever container I put the bomb in.

That way they know you're serious.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
what's an IZUZU?

A car company that used to be partly owned by Chevroray.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I know if I ever wanted to kill innocent people with a bomb, I'd make sure to write "bomb" on whatever container I put the bomb in.

Super Serial!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Somebody didn't study for a test... that's what this boils down to.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Bowden's casket has finally arrived!

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is Dave_A?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Lame.

I was thinking it was Urban Meyer who sent an inappropriate recruiting spam text message to the wrong set of numbers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#22]
OU has implemented or is still in the process for the text alert for such events that occur.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lame.

I was thinking it was Urban Meyer who sent an inappropriate recruiting spam text message to the wrong set of numbers.

I win

thanks for trying though
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lame.

I win

thanks for trying though

You can pick up your prize, a free pair of Jhorts and some size 10 orange and blue crocs at the UF spring game.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Proud supporter of the Noles and even though Bobby Bowden has had a rough past couple of years he's still an awesome coach.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#26]
You sure it just wasn't what the football players stole this time?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#27]
*FSU ALERT!* ALL CLEAR - Package Harmless

This message has been approved by John R. Carnaghi, Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration, for distribution to all students, faculty and staff.

At 1:30 p.m., the FSU Police Department issued an "all clear" and said they had resolved the incident at Parking Garage No. 1. A local 17-year-old high school student returned to his car and accompanied police as they searched the briefcase that had aroused suspicion. There was nothing inside. He told them that a message that seemed to suggest a destructive device was inside was actually his nickname, "A-Bomb." Officers allowed those who work in the building to return to their offices and held traffic so that drivers parked in the garage could quickly exit. Surrounding streets were cleared, and the campus returned to normal status.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#29]
They evacuated UNF in Jacksonville last week over a suspicious package.

Turned out to be an art students art project.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
He told them that a message that seemed to suggest a destructive device was inside was actually his nickname, "A-Bomb."

ETA: Ban nicknames. It's for the children.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what's an IZUZU?

LOL
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Contents of bag:
1 algebra for dummies book
6 profolatics
1 half liter of Smirnoff vodka
1 dirty Nole's shirt
3 packets of McDonalds ketchup
1 glass pipe/used
1 pair of sandles

Stoned Effer left bag on car after smoking some pot before class

AFCOM book bag contents check:

In them you'll find: one .45-caliber automatic, two boxes ammunition, four days' concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination "Rooshin" phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings...

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
*FSU ALERT!* ALL CLEAR - Package Harmless

At 1:30 p.m., the FSU Police Department issued an "all clear" and said they had resolved the incident at Parking Garage No. 1. A local 17-year-old high school student returned to his car and accompanied police as they searched the briefcase that had aroused suspicion. There was nothing inside. He told them that a message that seemed to suggest a destructive device was inside was actually his nickname, "A-Bomb." Officers allowed those who work in the building to return to their offices and held traffic so that drivers parked in the garage could quickly exit. Surrounding streets were cleared, and the campus returned to normal status.

They finally found Alan Bomberg's briefcase.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Was it a Dillard's bag?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
My mom tells stories about how when she was in college, people would call in bomb threats all the time so they could skip class, especially if there was an exam they hadn't studied for.

I've been going to school for five years now and not one day off from class over a bomb threat.

I was evacuated twice when I was in college.

We had a computer lab in the basement of a building, they did experiments on Monkey's on the 3rd floor.  PETA used to call in bomb threats all the time.  At least everyone assumed it was PETA, including the cops.  They were pretty nonchalant about it back then, they responded, but they knew it wasn't real.

The second time the officer was pretty ticked off about it.  He found me when I was going to the Bathroom.  They figured noone was in the building (it WAS 3AM), since the doors were locked.  

Hey, I had a key!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was someone ordered to leave the "package" there?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is Dave_A?

He's a mental terrorist that frequents this site.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
what's an IZUZU?

LOL ROR
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Shouldn't all FL football players be in jail this time of year?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I might have skipped class, if I didn't have so many absences.  

I'm suprised they even make you show up at FSU
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I posted about a shooting threat at my college last week and it got one reply.....from my real life friend.

Further proof that Macomb, Illinois is on the edge of the universe.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is Dave_A?

He's a mental terrorist that frequents this site.

Now you've done it!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proud supporter of the Noles and even though Bobby Bowden has had a rough past couple of years he's still an awesome coach.

...and an awesome man, too.

HH
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow...A college kid played a prank on FSU...Never heard of that before.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Was it a Dillard's bag?

did it have shoes in it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 4:43:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was it a Dillard's bag?

did it have shoes in it?

least somebody got it
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Big deal. I'm at University of North Florida, and we got shut down last week. At the time, I predicted the package would be someone's lunch. I was wrong, it was some art student's project.
Why would Al Queda waste it's time blowing up some of it's biggest supporters?
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 4:48:28 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was it a Dillard's bag?

did it have shoes in it?

least somebody got it

oh, I got it....did anyone get my Dan Kendra reference?
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 5:11:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was it a Dillard's bag?

did it have shoes in it?

least somebody got it

oh, I got it....did anyone get my Dan Kendra reference?

yes

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top