Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/19/2008 8:13:41 PM EDT
That supports the war on drugs?

So what if we are "losing",what do people think would happen if drugs were legalized? Take the current problum we have with drugs and multiply it by 10. Who gives a flying fuck how much it cost the US government to wage this war, it is keeping these scum bags behind bars where they belong.

What do these people think would happen if people were permitted to freely use dangerous drugs? Crime would go up 10 fold. To think there are people out there that want to legalize methamphetamine, crack and heroin

I say make drug laws tougher and build more jails.

....better keep your doors locked.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
in on a potentially long thread with gazillions of personal attacks and mudslinging.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]

just roll a joint and load your guns, funs getting ready to start
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
People that want to use drugs use them whether they are illegal or not.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The only way to make a significant dent on the war on drugs is to invade and occupy South America. Even then, drugs always find a way. It's a futile war IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That supports the war on alcohol?

So what if we are "losing",what do people think would happen if alcohol were legalized? Take the current problum we have with alcoholand multiply it by 10. Who gives a flying fuck how much it cost the US government to wage this war, it is keeping these scum bags behind bars where they belong.

What do these people think would happen if people were permitted to freely use dangerous alcohol? Crime would go up 10 fold. To think there are people out there that want to legalize beer, wine and spirits

I say make alcohol laws tougher and build more jails.

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
in on a potentially long thread with gazillions of personal attacks and mudslinging.

This

Rosenrot, I'm with ya.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
YEP.

Think back to Prohibition.  A lot of good that did us.  Only made the problem worse.

I'm no drug supporter.  The only drug I touch is alcohol and that's VERY RARELY.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I liken it to Prohibition, and believe the de-criminalization of drug use would have the same effect on the black market for drugs as it did on alcohol.

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll start by saying I don't do illegal drugs.  I think the "war on drugs" is a tremendous waste of money.  To me it's the same thing as prohibition, what good did that do?  
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So what if we are "losing",what do people think would happen if drugs were legalized? Take the current problum we have with drugs and multiply it by 10. Who gives a flying fuck how much it cost the US government to wage this war, it is keeping these scum bags behind bars where they belong.

What do these people think would happen if people were permitted to freely use dangerous drugs? Crime would go up 10 fold. To think there are people out there that want to legalize methamphetamine, crack and heroin

How do you feel about alcohol?
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
uhhh..........wait...........what?

ibtphh(in before the pot head hippies)
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

and while we're at it, tobacco and caffeine?

Hell, any vending machine is a potential drug market!
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not true. People use drugs because they know they will more then likely get a slap on the hand if caught. Lock them up for ten years and I bet they think twice next time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#14]
If you were really serious about ending the drug war with a win, and stopping drug traffic, the DEA wouldn't be trying to stop shipments, they'd be capturing them, lacing them with something fatal, then sending it on down the distribution chain.

People would get the hint real quick and demand would fall off to nothing.

But we're not serious about ending the drug war, we're serious about keeping the budgets and bureaucracies that have been created by it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree but disagree at the same time.

Part of me wonders why I care so much about drugs.  If someone does drugs in their home, behind closed doors, and doesn't hurt anyone - why should I care?  They're (again) not hurting anyone but themselves.  They're not stepping on anyone else's rights so why should I step on theirs?

Then the other part of me says "But Nick, you know that no one just stays in their home and does drugs often."  I think about all the people whose rights were trampled to get those drugs here.  I think about the stupid shit people do while on drugs that affects others.  How would you field sobriety test for pot, meth, crack, cocaine, etc?  How could you regulate it?  What is an acceptable "blood pot" content (for lack of a better term)?

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
in on page 1!!!!

forecast calls for a

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true. People use drugs because they know they will more then likely get a slap on the hand if caught. Lock them up for ten years and I bet they think twice next time.

We better build a lot of damn prisons then , and a lot of money also.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Alcohol can not be compared to dangerous drugs such as meth. When people use these dangerous drugs they themselves become dangerous, the same cannot be said with alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alcohol can not be compared to dangerous drugs such as meth. When people use these dangerous drugs they themselves become dangerous, the same cannot be said with alcohol.

Right.  No one who ever uses alcohol ever becomes dangerous.

I know people with injuries or lost loved ones who may disagree.

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#20]
During 18 years teaching high school I saw the tragic effects of parents drug use and saw it up close and personal.  Drug defective humans are drug defective forever and if the defects are mutagenic then defectiveness is passed on to subsequent generations.

Marijuana defectiveness is a huge problem.  A free and democratic (not democrat) society can't exist if a substantial portion of it's population is drug defective, especially if they have the vote.

We don't need a war on drugs we need massive deportation of those who don't or can't behave well.  Central Asia ain't half full yet.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Not a proponent, but your logic is flawed.
There are many countries that have legalized and their crime did not "go up 10 fold".
Much of the "crime" you speak of is directly related to the ILLICIT drug trade in this country.
I have always had too much to lose, life wise, to consider using drugs, and the whole addict thing is NOT a turn on to me, but I think it is ridiculous when there are non-violent recreational drug users in jail with stiffer sentences than violent offenders......
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I liken it to Prohibition, and believe the de-criminalization of drug use would have the same effect on the black market for drugs as it did on alcohol.

The economies, manufacturing, distribution, ... are ENTIRELY different from alcohol.  Alchohol could succeed in decriminalization, taxation, and licensing because it was already set up for centralized production and distribution.  Recreational drug use will simply not work the same way.

If people don't believe me, take a serious look at bootlegging and at the illegal tobacco trade.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't have anything against drugs or drug use
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you comparing alcohol to dangerous drugs? I sure hope not, that would be foolish.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You should good chance if your home or car is ever  broken into and robbed
it was for drugs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you comparing alcohol to dangerous drugs? I sure hope not, that would be foolish.

Statisticly alcohol is the most dangerous drug of all.

Id like to point out that I HATE drugs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Take the current problum we have with drugs and multiply it by 10.

Why?

99% of folks who don't do drugs won't run the fuck out and buy meth if it became legal.

I don't do drugs and still wouldn't if they became legal.

Just like I don't smoke and even if the tobacco companies started sending free cigarette packs to my house I still wouldn't smoke because I know its freaking harmful.

10x my ass.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The economies, manufacturing, distribution, ... are ENTIRELY different from alcohol.  Alchohol could succeed in decriminalization, taxation, and licensing because it was already set up for centralized production and distribution.  Recreational drug use will simply not work the same way.

If people don't believe me, take a serious look at bootlegging and at the illegal tobacco trade.

So you're telling me some jacked up meth head hillbillies can figure out a way to cook it with OTC products and distribute it under the table in a country with nationwide law enforcement agencies who consider drug busts to be the ultimate accomplishment, but some MBA with a startup idea for synthesizing a "clean" guaranteed product couldn't possibly come up with a profitable business plan when he doesn't even have to worry about a no-knock at 3am?
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#31]
The war on drugs decreases the supply of drugs but not so much the demand. Consequently, the price of drugs increases and drug dealing becomes a lucrative trade. Legalize drugs and the supply increases and the price decreases, and most of the people that are causing problems now will be out of a job.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If you were really serious about ending the drug war with a win, and stopping drug traffic, the DEA wouldn't be trying to stop shipments, they'd be capturing them, lacing them with something fatal, then sending it on down the distribution chain.

But we're not serious about ending the drug war, we're serious about keeping the budgets and bureaucracies that have been created by it.

QFTMFT.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should good chance if your home or car is ever  broken into and robbed
it was for drugs.

You understand that if it were legal or not they will still break into you car to get your stuff.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know how many alcohol related deaths occur a year ?
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Educate me. Apparently Im a fool.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So let me ask you this, would you rather be in a room full of drunks or people under the influence of cocaine?

I rest my case.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're saying alcohol doesn't make people dangerous, and you're calling me foolish?

I'm not comparing the effect alcohol has on a body to heroin.  I'm comparing the results of dangerous actions taken by people under the influence of the legal drugs everybody is OK with and the illegal ones they are not.

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, and nobody ever made any bad alcohol either...
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

That is GENIUS!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

So let me ask you this, would you rather be in a room full of drunks or people under the influence of cocaine?

I rest my case.

Ehhhem...

Coke heads...  They will be strait in 30 minutes
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I rest my case.

I've been in both.  This is a pretty dumb question since everyone reacts differently.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I rest my case.

Both have the capacity to be violent. The coke heads have a greater risk of their heart giving out though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I rest my case.

You would lose your your case.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Back on topic because I'm not justifying why crack is more dangerous then beer
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right. I never have seen a person drunk do any of the following...

Fight
Pull guns on another person over being called a "boy"
Try to kill someone over simple misunderstandings
Drive head on into a tree doing 80mph
etc

I could go on all day long. The point is just about any drug, legal or otherwise, can have adverse effects on particular people. Sometimes these effects are minor, such as munchies, and other times far far worse, such as death. Have you ever listened to the super fast talking disclaimers on pharm. commercials? Half of that shit (side effects) sounds worse than anything you would get from a illegal drug.

There is no sense is allowing some drugs while banning others. Humans have been using drugs since humans found drugs. Period. There is no stopping it. Ever. The best you can accomplish is to regulate it from a safety standpoint. Much like what is already done via the FDA.

Anything short of that is asking for a futile "war on some drugs" that will waste man power, money, freedom, and life.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If you're not going to stick around and defend your arguments then just close this retarded thread.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I rest my case.

Cocaine, it doesn't make you violent and stupid like drunks...
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're not going to stick around and defend your arguments then just close this retarded thread.

O I'm going to stick around, I'm just going to ignore stupid people with stupid questions.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

O I'm going to stick around, I'm just going to ignore stupid people with stupid questions.

Since it was my question, youre saying Im stupid?
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda like we all should have done with your original post.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top