Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 397
Posted: 2/7/2009 1:51:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: crashburnrepeat]
I have been feeling pretty tired the last few months,  also have noticed a change in the way my muscle mass changes in response to working out along with a slight drop in libido. It's still there but not the same as before.  So I asked my neighbor who's a doc and he wanted to run some tests.

I came back with low testosterone and very low Vit D.  Testosterone was only 160 when he said it should be 400-800 and 400 was considered low.

he said it's likely related to stress and my travel schedule and work which lately has been insane.  Also not sleeping well.

He outlined a couple of options.  1 is a testosterone gel but he said that's a lifetime option. Once you start, you can't stop.  that doesn't sound good.

another one is something called "novarel" or HCG.  He said it helps stimulate your body to produce it's own.  This sounds like a better option since it sounds like I can come off it if my schedule goes back to normal or I start getting some sleep..

I'm not sure though. Anyone else gone through this?  it's not bad,  I feel fine I just don't feel quite "normal".  Any reason not to use the Novarel/HCG stuff?

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Superluckycat:
You can pharma grade straight from India.  You think drugs are still manufactured in the US?
View Quote

Ha fair point. I just don’t know where to look.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RouxGaRoux:
Been on Cabergoline for a few months no but with no affect.
My doc just started me on a Clomiphene compound this week.  

Regular Test is 650 range but my SHBG is in the 60s so my Free T is low.
View Quote
Why are you on caber?   Did you have high prolactin?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WilmingtonHKFan:

Info on this? My only concern is getting pure, real stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Order HCG from overseas

Info on this? My only concern is getting pure, real stuff.
Optum rx

$119 10000iu delivered with needles.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

It has been mentioned multiple times and is supposed to have fewer side than regular clomiphene but so far no one in this thread has posted their personal experience with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Enclomiphene for raising T levels. Anyone here try this stuff?

It has been mentioned multiple times and is supposed to have fewer side than regular clomiphene but so far no one in this thread has posted their personal experience with it.

I have, but not sure on which page it can be found.

Dr said I didn't qualify for TRT and felt this would be a better option.

After the first week it had the negative affect.
Actually unable to perform while on it. Never experienced it this bad even if I went out drinking a case a beer.
Stopped and next weekend back in action.

Totally unexpected as it gets great reviews.

Still think its worth a try for anyone not wanting to jump right into TRT.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#5]
After days of back and forth with my doctor (a super well renowned hospital), and them trying to send me all over the place for HCG, turns out my local CVS stocks it.
View Quote
@WilmingtonHKFan

Can you give more info about the RX? Is it called HCG or something else? I've been getting Pregnyl from them but, it's expensive as shit. Also, how much are you paying?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M4Real:
@WilmingtonHKFan

Can you give more info about the RX? Is it called HCG or something else? I've been getting Pregnyl from them but, it's expensive as shit. Also, how much are you paying?
View Quote

Pregnyl is hcg and the only source of it really I think. No more compounding

Unless you go overseas which I don't know about and not sure I trust.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have any insight if at these levels I'm looking at primary or secondary and should be trying to optimize naturally via adjusting LH, FSH, and SHGB or pursue trt?

Albumin 4.91 g/dlEstradiol 23.6 pg/ml
FSH 3.17mIU/mL
Hematocrit 41.2%
LH 2.58 mIU/mL
SHBG 28.7nmol/L
Free T 0.09ng/mL
Total T 4.14ng/mL

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:09:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chromekilla] [#8]
Anyone have any insight if at these levels I'm looking at primary or secondary and should be trying to optimize naturally via adjusting LH, FSH, and SHGB or pursue trt?

FSH 3.17mIU/mL
Hematocrit 41.2%
LH 2.58 mIU/mL
SHBG 28.7nmol/L
Free T 0.09ng/mL
Total T 4.14ng/mL

View Quote

Total t of 414 ng/dl. (you will want to use that math it is most common range folks cite).
Free t of 9 ng/dl.
I am not a doctor, but your FSH/LH look in range, but low.  Primary hypo will have these around 3-4 times the numbers you have cited here.  
Free t also looks low, which flags my attention.

You are going to want 3 labs minimum before you make a decision here.

I'd recommend you pull additional laps with more specific criteria.  
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
CBC
Lipid Panel
Testosterone Free and Total
Estradiol Sensitive
DHEA-S
TSH
PSA
LH
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin
IGF-1
Thyroid Add-On Test Panel (Full thyroid screening includes FT3, FT4, Reverse T3, Thyroid Antibodies) -
Semen Analysis -
Cortisol
Prolactin
DHT
Hemoglobin A1C
Fasting Insulin
Vitamin D3
Vitamin B12
Ferritin
C-Reactive Protein
Homocysteine Plasma
FSH

How is your body weight? Do you pickup heavy shit and put it down? Hows your diet/sleep? Natural stuff, or do you drink pop garbage boxed food etc?

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:26:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HappyCamel] [#9]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

Total t of 414 ng/dl. (you will want to use that math it is most common range folks cite).
Free t of 9 ng/dl.
I am not a doctor, but your FSH/LH look in range, but low.  Primary hypo will have these around 3-4 times the numbers you have cited here.  

CBC
Lipid Panel
Estradiol Sensitive
DHEA-S
TSH
PSA
LH
IGF-1
Thyroid Add-On Test Panel (Full thyroid screening includes FT3, FT4, Reverse T3, Thyroid Antibodies) -
Semen Analysis -
Cortisol
Prolactin
DHT
Hemoglobin A1C
Fasting Insulin
Vitamin D3
Vitamin B12
Ferritin
C-Reactive Protein
Homocysteine Plasma
FSH

How is your body weight? Do you pickup heavy shit and put it down? Hows your diet/sleep? Natural stuff, or do you drink pop garbage boxed food etc?

View All Quotes

FSH 3.17mIU/mL
Hematocrit 41.2%
LH 2.58 mIU/mL
SHBG 28.7nmol/L
Free T 0.09ng/mL
Total T 4.14ng/mL

Free t of 9 ng/dl.

CBC
Lipid Panel
Estradiol Sensitive
DHEA-S
TSH
PSA
LH
IGF-1
Semen Analysis -
Cortisol
Prolactin
DHT
Hemoglobin A1C
Fasting Insulin
Vitamin D3
Vitamin B12
Ferritin
C-Reactive Protein
Homocysteine Plasma
FSH

I'm early 30s. 145, 5'11". I do no pick shit up and put them down. Going to be doing that. Diet is better than 99% of the population, all whole foods, eat out maybe once a month. IF and Keto since probably 2011. I drink water and seltzer. Drink a good amount of alcohol too but cut back the past month and I do not feel the least bit different. Sleep is actually great since my daughter was born. Probably around then when I started to wonder if my T was fucked up. Used to stay up till around 2 am. Now fucking exhausted and pass out after dinner around 830. Wake up around 530. Maybe wake up once around midnight. I have a very high stress job and that will never change. Between the lack of energy, lower libido the past 6mos (wife looks the same as she did when I met her freshman year of college, it ain't her), mental fog, more speech poverty, complete lack of motivation, stress management ,I began to wonder. I still look like this from a decade ago in college but about 5-10lb more fat, just the midsection.

Really didn't want more blood work just cause of time and expense but I know if may be necessary. If I got on the sauce I'd have to look into banking sperm which isn't cheap, just as insurance. Daughter is 2, one on the way, and we'd like up to 5 kids.

Eta: yeah my total didn't seem absolutely terrible, free was low, but SHBG didn't seem high enough to warrant targeting that to raise free.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Enclomiphene for raising T levels. Anyone here try this stuff?

Damn. Well. I’ll  Keep searching
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm early 30s. 145, 5'11". I do no pick shit up and put them down. Going to be doing that. Diet is better than 99% of the population, all whole foods, eat out maybe once a month. IF and Keto since probably 2011. I drink water and seltzer. Drink a good amount of alcohol too but cut back the past month and I do not feel the least bit different. Sleep is actually great since my daughter was born. Probably around then when I started to wonder if my T was fucked up. Used to stay up till around 2 am. Now fucking exhausted and pass out after dinner around 830. Wake up around 530. Maybe wake up once around midnight. I have a very high stress job and that will never change. Between the lack of energy, lower libido the past 6mos (wife looks the same as she did when I met her freshman year of college, it ain't her), mental fog, more speech poverty, complete lack of motivation, stress management ,I began to wonder. I still look like this from a decade ago in college but about 5-10lb more fat, just the midsection.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/401569/IMG_20160607_171845-2345933.jpg

Really didn't want more blood work just cause of time and expense but I know if may be necessary. If I got on the sauce I'd have to look into banking sperm which isn't cheap, just as insurance. Daughter is 2, one on the way, and we'd like up to 5 kids.

Eta: yeah my total didn't seem absolutely terrible, free was low, but SHBG didn't seem high enough to warrant targeting that to raise free.
View Quote

Fuck I'd be stoked to look like that.
Honestly, I'd tell you gym time.

Also a lower stress job will do wonders for your health. Pulling prolactin and cortisol would be good, but honestly unless you are stacking weight I'd not suspect that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#12]
@WilmingtonHKFan

View Quote

I haven’t picked it up yet, but it’s for Pregnyl and CVS confirmed that with GoodRX it should be 277
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#13]

I haven't picked it up yet, but it's for Pregnyl and CVS confirmed that with GoodRX it should be 277
View Quote
OPTUMRX $119 delivered with syringes.  Last time I ordered
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:
View All Quotes

I haven't picked it up yet, but it's for Pregnyl and CVS confirmed that with GoodRX it should be 277
50k IU from ReliableRX for about $130, enough for a year for most people
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes

What is the usual dose for HCG? The prescription I had before insurance cancelled it seemed pretty low and now I can't find the vial/label I had before.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#17]
10k iu mixed with 5ml water.

500 iu 2 or 3 times a week is about typical.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#18]

I haven’t picked it up yet, but it’s for Pregnyl and CVS confirmed that with GoodRX it should be 277
View All Quotes
@WilmingtonHKFan

My cvs is 170$ for pregnyl with good rx
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

What is the usual dose for HCG? The prescription I had before insurance cancelled it seemed pretty low and now I can't find the vial/label I had before.
View All Quotes

It's going to be highly variable depending on your medical provider and purpose of treatment
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#20]
It's going to be highly variable depending on your medical provider and purpose of treatment
View All Quotes

The two "medical providers" (doc and his PA) I've had over the last 5 years have been all over the map. They started off by indicating the HCG was to maintain fertility and to prevent testicular atrophy while on TRT. Then there was the big HCG shortage and they forgot about that part of my prescriptions. Once I get re-settled into a more permanent home with a house, I'm going to start looking for a good "men's health" doctor since "regular" docs are largely clueless and/or white coated automatons.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Ct1:

My cvs is 170$ for pregnyl with good rx
View Quote

Yep $187 shipped for Pregnyl to me.

I feel like it used to be around $120...
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#22]

The two "medical providers" (doc and his PA) I've had over the last 5 years have been all over the map. They started off by indicating the HCG was to maintain fertility and to prevent testicular atrophy while on TRT. -It is...

Then there was the big HCG shortage and they forgot about that part of my prescriptions. Once I get re-settled into a more permanent home with a house, I'm going to start looking for a good "men's health" doctor since "regular" docs are largely clueless and/or white coated automatons.
View Quote

You can do Defy medical where you are right now...
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:42:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rustler] [#23]
Anyone else notice decent fat loss and muscle gain without much change in diet and exercise?  I did free weights once or twice a week and my diet isn't great. It'd be pretty good if I didn't drink coke but it's my one vice I ain't letting up.

Picture on the left is first day of TRT.  Picture on the right is about 4-5 months in.  

I'm at 7 months now but haven't taken a new picture.  I've gone down 1.5-2 belt sizes since the picture on the right but look the same.  

Started heavy lifting yesterday.  So I'm excited to see go how that goes.  My numbers were a lot higher than I expected and I wasn't even pushing hard.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Rustler:
Anyone else notice decent fat loss and muscle gain without much change in diet and exercise?  I did free weights once or twice a week and my diet isn't great. It'd be pretty good if I didn't drink coke but it's my one vice I ain't letting up.

Picture on the left is first day of TRT.  Picture on the right is about 4-5 months in.  

I'm at 7 months now but haven't taken a new picture.  I've gone down 1.5-2 belt sizes since the picture on the right but look the same.  

Started heavy lifting yesterday.  So I'm excited to see go how that goes.  My numbers were a lot higher than I expected and I wasn't even pushing hard.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/167167/IMG_9302_jpeg-3188379.JPG
View Quote
There's a study involving 4 groups where two groups took Test and A) Didn't work out, and B) Worked out.  The other two groups didn't take Test and C) Didn't work out, and D) Worked out.

The group who took test and didn't work out (A) gained more lean mass than the group that didn't take test and worked out (D).

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#25]
37 year old male.  185 lbs. Training for a marathon. I have been running 50+ miles a week. I am on week 15. Using a tape my belly still measures the same, 37.5”.

I have increased my speed a little. My heart is definitely getting stronger. I have been using a local sports nutritionist and have switched to 6 meals a day.  Prior to the nutritionist I was intermittent fasting, no carbs, got down to 169 lbs and basically had a six pack but my wife said I looked like a skeleton (muscle wise).  I also devolved a case of runners knee which I think the lack of muscle played a part in that injury.

Got my t tested. Was at 204, re check was at 400 so dr called me and said I’m good.

Nutritionist recommended 2tx. Says having an estrogen blocker is important.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Trod7308:
37 year old male.  185 lbs. Training for a marathon. I have been running 50+ miles a week. I am on week 15. Using a tape my belly still measures the same, 37.5".

I have increased my speed a little. My heart is definitely getting stronger. I have been using a local sports nutritionist and have switched to 6 meals a day.  Prior to the nutritionist I was intermittent fasting, no carbs, got down to 169 lbs and basically had a six pack but my wife said I looked like a skeleton (muscle wise).  I also devolved a case of runners knee which I think the lack of muscle played a part in that injury.

Got my t tested. Was at 204, re check was at 400 so dr called me and said I'm good.

Nutritionist recommended 2tx. Says having an estrogen blocker is important.

Thoughts?
View Quote
Endurance training can tank your T.  What is 2tx and why would you need an estrogen blocker if you aren't on test?  Or are for that matter?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Where is everyone getting their labs ordered through? Pretty expensive though the clinic I use.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Endurance training can tank your T.  What is 2tx and why would you need an estrogen blocker if you aren't on test?  Or are for that matter?
View Quote

2TX’s innovative and evidence-based formula is driven by the premier patented ingredient Testafuranol™ and Testofen™

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

The two "medical providers" (doc and his PA) I've had over the last 5 years have been all over the map. They started off by indicating the HCG was to maintain fertility and to prevent testicular atrophy while on TRT. -It is...

Then there was the big HCG shortage and they forgot about that part of my prescriptions. Once I get re-settled into a more permanent home with a house, I'm going to start looking for a good "men's health" doctor since "regular" docs are largely clueless and/or white coated automatons.

I used to a long time ago. But, I dropped them when they refused to send my prescription to my pharmacy rather than having to order it thru them. No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Rustler:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/167167/IMG_9302_jpeg-3188379.JPG
View Quote

I just started 5x5 about a week or 2 ago and I can already tell the difference with my pants getting looser.  I am at the highest weight I have ever been though so I should shed weight pretty fast
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Trod7308:

2TX’s innovative and evidence-based formula is driven by the premier patented ingredient Testafuranol™ and Testofen™

View Quote

I'd quit that bullshit it's likely poison.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#32]

I'd quit that bullshit it's likely poison.
View Quote

Not on anything as of right now.  It’s a supplement from vitamin store.

Only issue I’m having is can’t lose my belly fat.  I eat pretty darn good. Run 50+ miles a week. Strength train my 1 day off of running. Sleep at least 6-8 hours a night.  Body fat is stagnant at about 18% since January.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Hit 8.5% body fat the other day at the gym using their reader.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Having super high blood pressure all of the sudden. Anyone experienced? I’m in the 160’s systolic
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Hit 8.5% body fat the other day at the gym using their reader.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32522/435386716_8179429012086379_6752014381464-3189857.JPG
View Quote

That's awesome. I hope to be there again one day
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By tex7488:
Having super high blood pressure all of the sudden. Anyone experienced? I’m in the 160’s systolic
View Quote

*Sometimes* due to high estradiol and water retention.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

What do you eat and what's your weight?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#38]
What is an E blocker?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
What is an E blocker?
View Quote

Estrogen blocker.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:54:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tex7488] [#40]
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:

I’m 6’1 190. I eat a steak and sushi from the grocery store for lunch everyday. Home cooked meal for dinner. No breakfast. Only drink water during day.

Took an E blocker, which I only do every couple months, and made it worse. Doesn’t feel like water retention.

Only other change after 7 months of T is recently started minoxidil topical but that should lower BP.
Can’t get an appt with defy for follow up for 2 more weeks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#41]

I’m 6’1 190. I eat a steak and sushi from the grocery store for lunch everyday. Home cooked meal for dinner. No breakfast. Only drink water during day.

Took an E blocker, which I only do every couple months, and made it worse. Doesn’t feel like water retention.

Only other change after 7 months of T is recently started minoxidil topical but that should lower BP.
Can’t get an appt with defy for follow up for 2 more weeks.
View Quote

Possibly dehydration. I'm not a doctor and you should talk to one instead of me. But I'd start with water and electrolytes. Shitty sleep affects my blood pressure too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#42]
One Q and also an update for those needing HCG. CVS has it at $149 for 10k iu with GoodRx.

The Q: with HCG and TestC, I’m looking at 4 shots a week subQ. Do yall rotate injection sites for subQ? I have 27g insulin needles so they’re nice and small. I have a problem pinching an inch on stomach so the injection spot there won’t vary much. I was thinking maybe do one week stomach, next week love handles? Or I may just be overthinking this and 4x/week stomach is no issue.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#43]
One Q and also an update for those needing HCG. CVS has it at $149 for 10k iu with GoodRx.

The Q: with HCG and TestC, I’m looking at 4 shots a week subQ. Do yall rotate injection sites for subQ? I have 27g insulin needles so they’re nice and small. I have a problem pinching an inch on stomach so the injection spot there won’t vary much. I was thinking maybe do one week stomach, next week love handles? Or I may just be overthinking this and 4x/week stomach is no issue.
View Quote

Over thinking.

But also left side of stomach, right side of stomach. Left thigh, right thigh etc.

Advantage of subq is you are not creating scar tissue from spiking your muscles like im.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone else get hard itchy lumps from SubQ?  The first couple shots are OK then it's like I get an allergic reaction.  Had to go back to IM.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone else get hard itchy lumps from SubQ?  The first couple shots are OK then it's like I get an allergic reaction.  Had to go back to IM.
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
See if you can get a scrip that uses a different carrier oil than whatever you're currently getting. Everyone is different
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
A few studies point to it being able to stabilize T levels.
Doc offered a trial for free and I don't have any of the negative side affects so I'm trying it out for a while.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Doc offered a trial for free and I don't have any of the negative side affects so I'm trying it out for a while.
View All Quotes

You will if you crash your prolactin.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, shit….I knew I’d need this thread one day.

37 years old. Just got my results and I’m at 274.

I’m under a ton of stress. 5 month old, work law enforcement and we’re under staffed; I’m a supervisor so it’s nonstop. I also take care of my elderly parents and their estate.

Tell me what to do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Well, shit….I knew I’d need this thread one day.

37 years old. Just got my results and I’m at 274.

I’m under a ton of stress. 5 month old, work law enforcement and we’re under staffed; I’m a supervisor so it’s nonstop. I also take care of my elderly parents and their estate.

Tell me what to do.
View Quote

Navigate within the last two pages and pull the labs panel I suggested.274 is damn low, but maxed stress can cause that. Do you hit gym? Are you fat? How's your diet? How's your sleep? I bet not good.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 397
Top Top