Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2009 6:41:25 PM EDT
'Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The University of Chicago Medical center hired her in 2002 to run "programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting."

In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly twice what her husband made as a Senator.

Oh did we mention that her husband had just become a US Senator? He sure had. Requested a $1 Million earmark for the UC Medical Center, in fact. Way to network Michelle!

But now that Mrs Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth $317,000?

We can think of only one explanation: Senator Roland Burris's wife wasn't interested.

––-The Editors of National Review, writing in the Magazine's Feb 9 issue.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
New material for the libs at work, Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
old news, nobody cared then and they wont now.

fuck obama.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
...and you are surprised.  Our country is corrupt.  It's as bad as a banana republic.  We just usually put a nice face on things.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
old news, nobody cared then and they wont now.

fuck obama.

I care. But my outrage is temporarily overloaded. I will be angry about this later, when I have the energy.

Oh, and FUCK Obama!
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
They (Obama's) are the epitome of Chicago Corruption...But how can you blame someone for taking advantage of being able to fucking rape the people of this country while being praised and worshiped for doing so..?

The United States is over as we have known it...it is only a matter of when the American people realize it as fact and not just talk..

The leaders now are taking advantage of being able to do the same fucking thing while 51% of the country bends over and applies their own form of lube for their ass rapping..

49% are waiting for the the shit to hit the fan before lighting the country on fire with a flame which will only be put out by the blood of tyrants and elites ..

There are a LOT of American patriots who are drowning in their own hatred for what this country is being put through..They will make a move for the air of freedom once again...It is just down the road!

BTW...FUCK OBAMA and The Corrupt Whore
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, a politicians wife getting paid an exorbitant amount of money. Ground breaking!
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Not only did she get $317k per year, but Barack got her out of the house for a good part of the day.  That alone is a perk worth at least $1,000,000 per year.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2009 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The University of Chicago Medical center hired her in 2002 to run "programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting."

The fact that such a token, useless, politically correct  position even exists, never mind the amount they paid her to fill it, really says a lot about how far down we've gone as a country.  There'd probably be a lot less costs to pass on to insurance holders and self pays if that plague was eradicated from the American medical system.  Hospitals are where sick people go to get well.  They're not supposed to be safe harbors where people with degrees in mass communications, women's studies, and 13th century poetry can go to get jobs in HR where they sit around all day and try to think up ways to justify their existence, like programs focusing on staff diversity and making sure they hire enough minorities.  Fucking turds.  If you want to make helth care more affordable, throwing those useless fucks on the street will go a long way towards helping.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 2/15/2009 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Old news and nobody cares when it regards the One
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#12]
BTT for more Michelle Obama bashing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 6:03:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

'Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The University of Chicago Medical center hired her in 2002 to run "programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting."

In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly twice what her husband made as a Senator.

Oh did we mention that her husband had just become a US Senator? He sure had. Requested a $1 Million earmark for the UC Medical Center, in fact. Way to network Michelle!

But now that Mrs Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth $317,000?

We can think of only one explanation: Senator Roland Burris's wife wasn't interested.

Those are actual "job" responsibilities? Are you fucking kidding? What hollow, fluffy horseshit....and for $317,000?

Whoever says reparations have yet to be paid just aint paying attention.

Link Posted: 2/16/2009 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Just wait till we get "Nationalized Health Care". Can you imagine how corrupt that will be? WOW
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#15]
taggage...................
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#16]
That's how politics work in Chicago.  They're both in it up to their eyeballs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just wait till we get "Nationalized Health Care". Can you imagine how corrupt that will be? WOW

Somehow I think all the money in the "stimulus" bill for this will just filter away somewhere. They will have to do studies, focus groups, opinion polls and then suddenly they'll have spent all that money with nothing to show for it.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Well I guess Beraki cannot tell anyone how beautiful she used to be........................
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Where's that pic of her where it looks like she's wearing a "cod piece" that would Batman's look tiny....

Looking but cant find it yet...  this will have to do until then:

Link Posted: 2/16/2009 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BpDNdb-o2MU/SZYMfxzeMhI/AAAAAAAAAgc/5mY0Y8khOeI/s400/Picture+12.jpg
Well I guess Beraki cannot tell anyone how beautiful she used to be........................

with a face like that she needs to put her ankles behind her ears and learn to walk backwards
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
...and you are surprised.  Our country is corrupt.  It's as bad as a banana republic.  We just usually put a nice face on things.

...and if we don't watch it, it will turn into the Weimar Republic.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That pretty much sums it up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#23]
No thanks to the OP for posting this. You ruined my somewhat good mood and elevated my blood pressure even more by bringing this up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#24]
That's fucked up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm just envisioning her walking in to a plush office each day and looking at a day planner with blank pages, save for 11:00-2:30 lunch meetings, and the most incredible assortment of bullshit meetings a salaried executive could ever hope for. I'll bet many a day ended and she laughed all the way home.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just envisioning her walking in to a plush office each day and looking at a day planner with blank pages, save for 11:00-2:30 lunch meetings, and the most incredible assortment of bullshit meetings a salaried executive could ever hope for. I'll bet many a day ended and she laughed all the way home.

Yea, but now THE FUCKING JOKE IS ON US!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2009 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wow, a politicians wife getting paid an exorbitant amount of money. Ground breaking!

Good thing the republicans dont do this kind of shit
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First defending ACORN, now making excuses for Michelle Obama and her corrupt sinecure.

What a piece of work you are.  Go back to DU.

Link Posted: 2/16/2009 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#30]
would i be yelled at for saying i'd hit it, even if i throw in a fuck obama?

cuz not considering anything else, i find her sort of attractive. Sure she's probably a bigger commie than hillary, but i find her cheek bones striking enough to give her consierge (sp?) service, as it were.

Link Posted: 2/16/2009 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I just mentioned this in passing in a post a day or two ago and have been thinking how interesting if that McD worker had asked the kenyan if he could get him one of those $300K jobs his wife got.   ha
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First defending ACORN, now making excuses for Michelle Obama and her corrupt sinecure.

What a piece of work you are.  Go back to DU.

Never defended acorn, thats just as baseless as you defending La raza
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top