User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 50
Posted: 9/15/2009 6:00:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for starting ver. 3.0   I have learned a lot in the previous threads, from both the Baghdad Bobs, and the Doom-n-Gloomers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]

TRG
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
In on 1
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Placeholder...and in on 1.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]
In on 1
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
In on 1
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't you hear?  The recession is (likely) over!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank God, I've been waiting for  part 3.  I hope it doesn't end the same way as one and two.  Anybody who's seen the ending please don't spoil it for me.

Just kidding, these are very good threads.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I accidentally on page one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it bad yet?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#13]
In on, what...  75?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had to power down the logic engine.  It just won't run right anymore.  I try, and sparks fly.  Nothing but grinding gears.  Not worth this pain, so I will not use it.  It does look nice in the corner though.

I'll be watching though.  

I'm sure sooner or later, I'll have to jump in to point at stupid when I see it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#15]
this is worth repeating ....

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/guest-post-economic-megatrends-will-drive-our-future

nicely written imo...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#16]
just cause I like the pain...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've had to power down the logic engine.  It just won't run right anymore.  I try, and sparks fly.  Nothing but grinding gears.  Not worth this pain, so I will not use it.  It does look nice in the corner though.

I'll be watching though.  

I'm sure sooner or later, I'll have to jump in to point at stupid when I see it.

Have you heard that the recession is all over with?

Ack!  

That's tasty bait!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did hear that.

I also lol'd.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#21]
A girl I went to high school with is the Sales Manager for the Home, Seasonal, and Juniors departments at Dillard's.  I haven't talked to her in a few years, but this was her Facebook status update tonight:

...one would think I love my job considering how much and how hard I work...heading back to Dillard's after working 10 hrs straight...setting up Christmas, yes I said Christmas.

Seriously?  Christmas?
It is September 15th, and I thought it was odd when the local grocery store had pumpkins sitting outside.

....Christmas?  Already?  Really?

I need to link her to a few Denninger articles on why they are probably trying to sell for Christmas already.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#23]
In on 1 of epic pt III!!!

I have some money in the market now but I will be pulling it out friday. I want to get a jump on the October crash of 2009
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
just cause I like the pain...

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#26]
In again.

Thanks for re-restarting it.

Kudos to America-First for starting it in the first place.

HH
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Let's add a little content to page one.

Read on

So I wonder ... these banks think that it's a good idea to raise most of their CC holder's rates to 30% when they miss a payment or for no particular reason ... isn't that cause more to simply default knowing that they can't keep up when the rate is normal let alone when it goes to 30? It seems the banks are CAUSING even more defaults.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#29]
In!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]
In!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#32]
You know the first one ended prematurely too.

Still 50 pages to go
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
this is worth repeating ....

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/guest-post-economic-megatrends-will-drive-our-future

nicely written imo...

Yes I'm one of the ADD people. Cliff notes please
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#34]
tag/in on one etc.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have some money in the market now but I will be pulling it out friday. I want to get a jump on the October crash of 2009

Based on what? A hunch?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#36]
in on 3.0 pg 1

Pmc
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#37]

IBTME
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What a load of crap.   When will the BS stop?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#40]
this is not a tag..........
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#41]
In on 1 (of the third variety).
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on what? A hunch?

Info and opinions. What are you going on? Really, and respectfully?

From Jim Sinclair:
Size and major risk have                                 been confirmed for those with the eyes to see                                 and the ears to hear. It is exactly what I have                                 been                                 teaching.

Translation:

Unless                                 financial contracts have standards there is no                                 way to clear them.
Unless financial                                 instruments have accurate means of daily                                 valuation, there is no way to clear them.
OTC                                 derivatives outstanding from 1991 to 2008 have                                 no standards.
OTC derivatives outstanding                                 from 1991 to 2008 have no sound means of true                                 valuation in any time frame, certainly not from                                 day to day.

With this being the                                 incontrovertible set of                                 facts:

The Bank for                                 International Settlements is for the first time                                 proposing the world's central banks take over                                 the financial risk of the entire mountain of                                 more than one quadrillion one hundred and forty                                 four trillion dollars (valuation before the                                 change to "value to maturity" method valuation                                 of nominal value of OTC derivatives) of OTC                                 derivatives created from 1991 to                                 2008.

The reason is simple. This                                 unchanged in size mountain of weapons of mass                                 financial destruction as still sitting there                                 ready to explode in the second chapter of the                                 greatest double dip depression of 2007 -                                 2009.

Can you blame China for                                 simply saying no to Western crack cocaine                                 finance?
Now do you understand why China is                                 buying raw materials, entering joint ventures                                 and purchasing energy and raw material companies                                 while utilizing their dollar instruments for                                 payment?

Central Banks Must                                 Coordinate Clearinghouse Oversight, BIS                                 Says
By Abigail                                 Moses

Sept. 13 (Bloomberg)                                 –– Central banks should coordinate global                                 oversight of derivatives clearinghouses and                                 consider offering them access to emergency funds                                 to limit systemic risk, according to the Bank                                 for International Settlements.

Regulators are                                 pushing for much of the $592 trillion market in                                 over-the-counter derivatives trades to be moved                                 to clearinghouses which act as the buyer to                                 every seller and seller to every buyer, reducing                                 the risk to the financial system from defaults.                                 The drive was spurred by the collapse of Lehman                                 Brothers Holdings Inc. and the rescue of                                 American International Group Inc., two of the                                 biggest credit-default swaps traders.                                

"The crisis has                                 exposed the need for international coordination                                 of the oversight of systemically important"                                 clearinghouses, BIS analysts Stephen Cecchetti,                                 Jacob Gyntelberg and Marc Hollanders wrote in a                                 report published today. An important and                                 unresolved question is whether clearinghouses                                 "should have access to central bank credit                                 facilities and, if so, when," they wrote.                                

JPMorgan Chase &                                 Co., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and 13 other                                 derivatives dealers last week told the Federal                                 Reserve Bank of New York they will submit 95                                 percent of new credit-default swaps trades to                                 clearinghouses. They made similar commitments                                 for interest-rate derivatives.

Intercontinental                                 Exchange Inc., owner of the largest                                 credit-default swap clearinghouse, said last                                 week it will make it easier for hedge funds and                                 other bank clients to access its service to                                 guarantee trades starting next month.                                

More...

What would this do exactly?

Is it like a financial reset?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Wow, still going!

Okay, here's a question from a someone who is trying to understand, why is gold at a record close of $1,005 today? I thought (very untrained) that gold was an inverse indicator, i.e. if the economy was good then gold was fairly low priced. And that if gold was on an upward trend then usually inflation was on the way up and the economy on the way down, was that just a theory?

In my business I am seeing deflationary trends caused by a tightening market, more people competing for less work is driving the price down; no massive new increases in productivity driving the price, people are just lowballing. Is that happening economy wide?

Why are they saying the recession is over? What do they base that on?

And finally, what is a Kondratieff Wave and Winter? I saw it on the marketticker.com

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Been waiting for Part III to drop this...

The Greatest Sucker's Rally In History, Play By Play

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#46]
In on 1
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#47]
i'll play
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#48]
in, I guess, what now?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#49]
i have 42 gold coins i bought back in 1998 and 2001. I had stolen one from my father back in 1988 and pawned it for beer and gas money. later in life i bought him another out of guilt and fell in love with them. every paycheck i bought 1 at the coin shop, about 300 bucks back then. I stashed them away in a safety deposit box in 2002. Have not seen them since. i may go get them out tomorrow and sell the fuckers. what say the hive. 40K could get me a very nice home in Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I have enjoyed the other threads on this topic.  Please keep this going.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top