Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2009 6:58:47 AM EDT
****** Please make a statement that Bank of America understands MONEY!  Close your accounts do not lend money from them and stop doing all business with them. They are not a Bank of America. They do not deserve to have the name of AMERICA as part of their brand. You the people of America just bailed out this despicable corporation to a tune of 45 billon dollars and this is how they treat fallen fellow American. Make Bank of America understand who they service - Not Me.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A South Carolina Bank of America branch is drawing criticism Thursday after an employee reportedly ordered the removal of American flags placed to honor a fallen Marine over fears that people would be offended.

The Palmetto Scoop received one eyewitness email claiming that the branch manager at Bank of America’s Gaffney branch at 1602 West Floyd Baker Blvd. “told a citizen who was preparing the route for a U.S. Marine killed in action in Afghanistan by placing small American flags along the roadway that the flags might upset some of her customers.” Said the outraged tipster, “[The branch manager] took them down and made the citizen go in to get them if she didn’t want them thrown away.”

The flags were part of the funeral procession of Lance Corporal Christopher Fowlkes, 20, who died last week after an explosion in Afghanistan’s Helmand province.

WSPA-TV has also received similar tips about the “flag flap.”

A teller at the branch confirmed to TPS that the branch manager had been there around the time of the incident but had left for the day.

Bank of America released a statement apologizing for the incident and celled it a misunderstanding.

“We want to ensure the community knows how deeply proud we are of the men and women who have sacrificed so much in service to our country,” the statement said. “The bank does fly the American Flag at our locations throughout the country and flags were displayed in front of our banking center in Gaffney the evening prior to our dedicated Marine returning home.”

UPDATE: WCBD in Charleston reports that Bank of America said the incident was a “miscommunication in corporate policy.” That raises the question, which policy would require employees to remove American flags that are part of a funeral procession for a fallen Marine?
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not doing a thing because of some asshole in South Carolina.

Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have not figured out by not that BOA is shit, just wait.

There are only two types of people:

those that have dealt with BOA, and hate them.

And those that will deal with BOA and then hate them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#4]
unfortunately, the military uses BOA for travel cards.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:19:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not to defend the idiot branch manager, but BOA said there is no such corporate policy and they apologized for the confusion.

+1

I'm not going to change how I do business with a giant corporation based on a stupid judgment by one low-level manager.

well then maybe you should quit your business with them do to, #1 they are one of the largest banks giving home loans to ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, #2 they also give ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS credit cards that also have no ssc#!!! so i as an AMERICAN BORN AN BREED HERE have to jump thru hoops w/ good credit to get a home loan and a credit card, and someone who BROKE A FEDERAL LAW TO BE HERE get it w/ nothing but just a job and thats it?????     FUCK B-OF-A and ANYONE that supports them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#8]
you might think differently if that was you family member or friend.

BOA action whether at the branch level or corporate level is still despicable. I am get tried of hearing this crap from corporations in America. These bastards begged for a bailout from the American and this is the repect we get. Ignorance at any level still effect the bottom line so let the chip fall were they are.
F%&* this POLITICAL CORRECT B.S.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I hate B of A corporate and love my local branch.

This doesn't really change my opinion of them. Nobody in my local branch would have done that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#10]
One bad employee does not influene my opinion of a large corporation like Bank of America.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I closed my BoA accounts recently.

The last straw was when I was making a deposit via the ATM and it literally ate my money. It only gave me partial credit for the cash deposit. I went and complained inside the next day and they all looked at me like I was crazy, thinking the ATMs are infallible. I had to file a report with their claims and after a while, I did get my money back, but what a pain!

Another time I discovered a bunch of fraudulent charges on the checking account (Almost $1000 in flowers. Yes flowers.). Reported it, filed claims report, and waited over a month before I was credited back my money. It then took several more weeks to get them to remove the overdraft fees. I called back probably 20 times a day (I am not exaggerating) to get them to remove the fees.

I took my money to a bank that wants my business. Without the people's money, they wouldn't be a bank.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

WCBD in Charleston reports that Bank of America said the incident was a “miscommunication in corporate policy.” That raises the question, which policy would require employees to remove American flags that are part of a funeral procession for a fallen Marine?

That's a pretty easy one, the policy that prohibits soliciting, distributing literature, or posting bills on BoA property.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#13]
They bought my mortgage from our builder 2 months ago.  Sorry, I am stuck using them for the next 30 years, unless you want to pay my closing costs on a re-fi...
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#14]
La Raza supporters, That was it for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not since Oct 08.  Now we deal the abortion that is Citibank.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yep but I thought we just recently switched to a new contractor.

Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Clark Howard despises BoA.  Clark Howard is a tool, but a smart tool at that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#18]
It is best to use small community banks they are happy to help the people in the community.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Clark Howard despises BoA.  Clark Howard is a tool, but a smart tool at that.

So you are the Brightest Tool in the Bag

Are you a Flashlight?

Link Posted: 9/22/2009 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It is best to use small community banks they are happy to help the people in the community.

+1

Link Posted: 9/22/2009 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not to defend the idiot branch manager, but BOA said there is no such corporate policy and they apologized for the confusion.

+1

I'm not going to change how I do business with a giant corporation based on a stupid judgment by one low-level manager.

well then maybe you should quit your business with them do to, #1 they are one of the largest banks giving home loans to ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, #2 they also give ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS credit cards that also have no ssc#!!! so i as an AMERICAN BORN AN BREED HERE have to jump thru hoops w/ good credit to get a home loan and a credit card, and someone who BROKE A FEDERAL LAW TO BE HERE get it w/ nothing but just a job and thats it?????     FUCK B-OF-A and ANYONE that supports them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are an "AMERICAN BORN AN BREED HERE", why do I get the impression that English is your second language?

So, you are saying that they lend money to people who can't provide valid identification or a SSN, have no collateral, and since they work for cash under the table, can't prove income? Whatever it is that you are smoking, you need to stop before you do any more damage.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I quit doing business with them years ago because they are simply a horrible bureaucracy and doing business with them is a royal hassle.

However, I was speaking with a couple of Patriot Guard riders last weekend.  They rode from the airport to Gaffney in the procession and talked to some of the folks around town (Gaffney, that is, where the Marine was from and where the BOA branch is).  Apparently, there was already some bad blood between the branch manager and the lady who was setting up the flags.  The Patriot Guard guys were hesitant to blame BoA itself as they knew the story behind these two ladies' ongoing feud.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I hate Bunch of Assholes.  I will never do business with them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Dislike BoA to begin with over the whole accounts for illegals thing.  But, don't really have a choice since they took over countrywide's loans.

'sides, sounds like it was one asshat vs a corp thing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#25]
IMHO.......

There are MANY reasons not to like B of A.  

Such as.........

Ken Lewis, CEO.  "Lying to shareholders" over the Merrill Lynch purchase and bonuses.
Buying Countrywide.
Taking money from the US Taxpayers and paying bonuses to employees.
Going short term over long term with their thinking.
"Helping" illegals establish credit in America.
Treatment of long time customers with.........changing CC agreements to "better" their position and/or increasing fees to make up for their losses.

And, just because they use the word "America" in their name............doesn't get them a free pass either.

So, here it is...........IF, B of A goes under.  The American Taxpayer looses.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/22/2009 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#27]
I am from this area... i have good news!  

http://www.wyff4.com/news/21050257/detail.html

GAFFNEY, S.C. ––  The controversy about the placement of American flags to honor a fallen Marine from Gaffney could cost Bank of America some local government deposit money, and perhaps much more.

Monday night, the Cherokee County Council voted 5 to 1 to withdraw county money from any accounts held by Bank of America.

Councilman Quay Little said that totals more than $500,000, but that number could skyrocket. If all county officials close their accounts, Bank of America would lose more than $1.5 million in customer funds, Little said.

The controversy erupted last Wednesday when the body of a fallen Marine, Lance Cpl. Christopher Fowlkes, was brought back to Gaffney.

A woman claimed the Bank of America branch along the procession route would not allow her to place American flags in the Marine's honor on the bank's lawn. She said the bank manager removed them from the property. (Full Story)

Bank of America calls what happened a miscommunication about the company's flag policy.

Fowlkes died of injuries sustained in an explosion in Afghanistan. He is the first U.S. serviceman from Cherokee County to die in action since the Vietnam War.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#28]

As I have said before...

Google ACORN Bank Of America and you will find a page on BofA's page where they are bragging about working with ACORN.  Further digging finds millions in donations.

Dropped my account there last year.  I sent them a message as to why, but got back some BS response from someone who skimmed my email and responded with something not even close to on subject.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

If you are an "AMERICAN BORN AN BREED HERE", why do I get the impression that English is your second language?

So, you are saying that they lend money to people who can't provide valid identification or a SSN, have no collateral, and since they work for cash under the table, can't prove income? Whatever it is that you are smoking, you need to stop before you do any more damage.

He left California and is now (pretending to be??) an illiterate Texan.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Did you throw him out?
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#31]
My dad's been a customer of Bank of America since the 70s when it was North Carolina National Bank.
I have the same checking account with them that we opened when I was little and they went by Nations Bank.
No complaints so far. ATMs and banks practically anywhere in the U.S. is hard to beat.
I'd say it's an isolated incident.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

OH LOOK, another illegal alien loving obama supporter. and maybe my spelling isnt the best, but at least im on the right side of things as you are not.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#33]
They just took over my home loan from TBW.

Do I have a choice?
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 1:08:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you throw him out?

Yep, even we have some standards, be they ever so low, he still couldn't make and you guys got him.

Didn't the first five times this story came up end up agreeing that going on to somebody else's private property and posting things or leaving things without their permission, and then getting mad when they told you to remove it was a little twisted logic.  If they had asked and were told NO, then maybe getting miffed, but not asking before placing political objects on other's property without permission was not a good place to start when throwing a hissy fit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#35]
i went through hardees one day and the master sarg ordered a low carb thickburger and they gave him shit not knowing what he meant but i aint gonna boycott hardees for that....

im gonna boycott them for consistently fucking up my ham n cheese.....

bastards....

and eta

shit like this does not make them fly the flag because they honor it, it makes them fly it for the same reason van helsing carried a crucifix, to ward off attack....

they either give a fuck or they dont, you cant make them....
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you throw him out?

Yep, even we have some standards, be they ever so low, he still couldn't make and you guys got him.

Didn't the first five times this story came up end up agreeing that going on to somebody else's private property and posting things or leaving things without their permission, and then getting mad when they told you to remove it was a little twisted logic.  If they had asked and were told NO, then maybe getting miffed, but not asking before placing political objects on other's property without permission was not a good place to start when throwing a hissy fit.

I do believe the parkway for sidewalk to street is village or city public property.

This is about disrespect of a fallen fellow Human Being and Corporate Policies of callousness and legal liabilities. Some family is hurting and does not need the additional stress from ignorant indivduals that does not have any sense of a morals or respect for another.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Not anymore.

Link Posted: 9/23/2009 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you throw him out?

I do believe the parkway for sidewalk to street is village or city public property.

This is about disrespect of a fallen fellow Human Being and Corporate Policies of callousness and legal liabilities. Some family is hurting and does not need the additional stress from ignorant indivduals that does not have any sense of a morals or respect for another.

Well if you had read all the previous postings of this, maybe just maybe you would have found out that they had in fact posted things on the private property not public property.  Or ore you talking about the ignorant and uncaring person that went on to private property without permission of the property owner to make a political statement?
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#39]
So..one of the biggest companies in the world and you expect me to say "fuck off" because of a low-level no body bank manager?

Not going to happen.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

OH LOOK, another illegal alien loving obama supporter. and maybe my spelling isnt the best, but at least im on the right side of things as you are not.

Obvious troll so obvious

Link Posted: 9/23/2009 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Why would BofA have anything against solder, its keeps their computers running and such, or is this the new new eco friendly crappy solder?

or did you mean Soldier

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top