Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/25/2009 2:16:27 PM EDT
http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0909/Ensign_receives_handwritten_confirmation_.html?showall

September 25, 2009
Categories: Senate

Ensign receives handwritten confirmation

This doesn't happen often enough.

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.

Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."

The note was a follow-up to Ensign's questioning at the markup.

By Carrie Budoff Brown 11:40 AM

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure which is appropriate.

or  or    or  
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Good.  No sense in beating around the bush.  The quicker the water gets hot, the quicker it boils over.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
So, the Health Care stuff is going to be handled/enforced by the IRS?
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes, but it's not a tax.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to run up the on this one; for no other reason than it seems like the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
All I have to say is 2010.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]
So, um, like, while you are in jail, do you have free health care?

Might be cost effective for the homeless to go uninsured, get put in jail, and they will have healthcare, in addition to their three hots and a cot.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Only two things in life are sure: Death and government healthcare.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yes.  Everybody should pause and let that sink in.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#13]
did they ever stop to think that if someone could afford a $25,000 fine, that the person would already have a health care plan?

this sounds like a plan to just lock away the peasants.  Us peasants can't revolt if we're all in jail.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Good. No sense in beating around the bush. The quicker the water gets hot, the quicker it boils over.

I think I like this line of thinking regarding this specific topic.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

did they ever stop to think that if someone could afford a $25,000 fine, that the person would already have a health care plan?

this sounds like a plan to just lock away the peasants.  Us peasants can't revolt if we're all in jail.

Almost like requiring a 200.00 tax stamp on a (then) 5.00 shotgun that had been sawn off, huh.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Yup...almost there...
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#17]
So is the $1,900 per violation, per year, per month, or what?

Say for an average joe:

Works, receives paycheck less 'insurance', files paperwork to prove that he's 'insured', maintains records, or he is arrested/fined for tax evasion.

That's sounds a lot like a tax to me.

BTW

Unemployment rates...

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

or  or    or  

try

I will not be taxed on existing as an American.  Fuck you, and fuck your Citizenry Tax.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Never forget:  they're just lookin out for ya!

HH
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Best to have the illegal, backwards, fucked up shit be handled by the most illegal unconstitutional government agency there is.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  Everybody should pause and let that sink in.

I would like to sink something in.....and that is all I will say. <MAJOR COC VIOLATION>
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Best to have the illegal, backwards, fucked up shit be handled by the most illegal unconstitutional government agency there is.  

In Before Dave_A quotes Romans 13, and tells us to support the elected representatives.  

Romans Chapter 13, verses 1 through 7, from the Authorized King James text:

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor."

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry.  I'll liquidate everything and move to the ass end of nowhere'sville, Utah before I pay that tax.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Can we pay in lead?
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

or  or    or  

None of the above.

The correct smiley is among the animated selection, though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

or  or    or  

None of the above.

The correct smiley is among the animated selection, though.

I may have had up the animated smiley, but then thought better of using it as it might be a CoC violation.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0909/Ensign_receives_handwritten_confirmation_.html?showall
September 25, 2009

Categories: Senate
Ensign receives handwritten confirmation
This doesn't happen often enough.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/rugerp345/PPM110_document_2.jpg
Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.
Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."
The note was a follow-up to Ensign's questioning at the markup.
By Carrie Budoff Brown 11:40 AM

The 'fee' is a tax...
It's being enacted under the power to tax, and failure to pay punished as tax evasion....

As usual, BHO's pants are on fire...

(I am somewhat enjoying being off of active duty, and being legally entitled to call the POTUS a liar, rather than prohibited from doing so)

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about the IRS in it's current form.....

By way of the 16th Ammendment, the IRS is one of the most constitutional things the Feds do today - it's not a 'commerce clause' stretch, it's an enumerated power...

WITH THAT SAID

A $1900 'fee-tax' is a DIRECT tax that is NOT an income tax...

So the 16th does not apply, and it would have to be apportioned to the states...

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can we pay in lead?

Only if you air-mail it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about the IRS in it's current form.....

By way of the 16th Ammendment, the IRS is one of the most constitutional things the Feds do today - it's not a 'commerce clause' stretch, it's an enumerated power...

WITH THAT SAID

So the 16th does not apply, and it would have to be apportioned to the states...

not sure if serious...
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WITH THAT SAID

not sure if serious...

Very serious...

The income tax is absolutely, positively Constitutional - it has it's own ammendment...

Anyone who told you otherwise is a fool...

However, the 'Insurance Fee' is NOT an income tax... So it is not exempted from apportionment...

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#33]
this, and the state mandating you have car insurance, must be real nice for the insurance companies.....this qualify as protectionism ya think?
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WITH THAT SAID

not sure if serious...

You must be new here.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
<COC Violation>

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
this, and the state mandating you have car insurance, must be real nice for the insurance companies.....this qualify as protectionism ya think?

Except with car insurance, you are NOT reqired to have it if you do not have a vehicle. That, and one can shop for car insurance across state lines making it competative. Besides insurance companies, and us for that matter will NOT benifit in any way, shape, or form from a gov't takeover of health care.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<COC Violation>

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
<COC Violation>

< ditto >
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

or  or    or  

Neither is.

This should be more appropriate

Quite honesty, this is coerced tyranny.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There's a WHOLE LOT going on today that isnt illegal or unconstitutional ..........and yet still should be forcefully ended ASAP!!

The US Internal Revenue Service can suck moist farts from my white Yankee ass !!!

FUCK THEM HEATHEN COCKSUCKERS !!

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#41]
If this is true I expect to see fires on the horizon in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a WHOLE LOT going on today that isnt illegal or unconstitutional ..........and yet still should be forcefully ended ASAP!!

The US Internal Revenue Service can suck moist farts from my white Yankee ass !!!

FUCK THEM HEATHEN COCKSUCKERS !!

Dave_A is calling in some "snake and nape" on your position.

Oh and Fuck the IRS, FUCK OBAMA, FUCK CONGRESS.  GOD BLESS THE CONSTITUTION AND THE BILL OF RIGHTS !

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#43]
FOAD motherfuckers!

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#44]

I really beleive this is coming.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#45]
The Feds better hope their insurance policy covers lead posioning if they even think about enacting such a thing let alone trying to collect.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<COC Violation>

< ditto >

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Does the Federal Government have the Constitutional authority to charge fees on being a citizen?  Not income tax.  I don't have to pay that if I don't work.  This health care fee is due for everyone.

What if I don't pay it for my kids?  Will they go to jail as well?  How does that work?  A 16 year old is required to file taxes if they work, and can probably get busted for tax evasion (I don't know?).  Can they get busted for not paying their healthcare fee?
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or
or
or

try

I will not be taxed on existing as an American. Fuck you, and fuck your Citizenry Tax.

The real question is- What are you going to do about it?  Obama's not worried about that animated icon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh,that would be the BATF.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#50]
If any law is passed that requires a person to either maintain health insurance or suffer punishment, I will cancel my health insurance on the day that provision goes into effect and send a certified letter by US Mail to President Obama informing him of this fact.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top