Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/13/2024 1:40:01 PM EDT
Seeing more and more discussions about this topic over the past year and find it pretty interesting.

Curious if anyone here has gone down the rabbit hole?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:41:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NAM] [#1]
Attachment Attached File

Sure, it's voluntary. You're free to not pay if you don't want to; you'll also get a free visit from the feds.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
What?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The federal court system is a particularly nasty place to learn about what happens if you don’t pay your federal taxes. If you thought the mafia went after debt collection in a brutal, barbaric manner, the federal government makes them look like kindergarten children.

18Z50…….
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
No, taxes are not voluntary.

https://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

Hasn't been updated in a while but "taxes are voluntary" is not a new dodge.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask Wesley Snipes about that
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The premise is that we've all (for generations) unwittingly signed a legal contract agreeing to voluntarily enter their system and donate the money and give up your constitutional rights in exchange for certain privileges.

From what's being discussed, there is no law that the IRS or anyone can point you to that says your required to pay federal income tax on living wages earned in exchange for your time. The Supreme court has shot it down anytime they have tried to make it law so therefore, it still remains voluntary.

Because it's a contract that you signed (in complete ignorance), if you just decide to stop filing as many have tried then you're in breach of the contract which then legally allows them to bring the full weight of the courts down upon you.

In order to get out of this contract and regain your constitutional rights, you have to go through some sort of revocation paper pushing exercise, dot all the I's and cross all the T's.

I find it all pretty fascinating and it certainly gives much more meaning to "the matrix"
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LWT:
The premise is that we've all (for generations) unwittingly signed a legal contract agreeing to voluntarily enter their system and donate the money and give up your constitutional rights in exchange for certain privileges.

From what's being discussed, there is no law that the IRS or anyone can point you to that says your required to pay federal income tax on living wages earned in exchange for your time. The Supreme court has shot it down anytime they have tried to make it law so therefore, it still remains voluntary.

Because it's a contract that you signed (in complete ignorance), if you just decide to stop filing as many have tried then you're in breach of the contract which then legally allows them to bring the full weight of the courts down upon you.

In order to get out of this contract and regain your constitutional rights, you have to go through some sort of revocation paper pushing exercise, dot all the I's and cross all the T's.

I find it all pretty fascinating and it certainly gives much more meaning to "the matrix"
View Quote
Do whatever you like, but all of the above is nonsense
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
View Quote

This is definitely the #1 bot response anytime this subject is broached
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ohio_Bill:
View Quote

Having that opinion definitely makes it easier to wake up and go to work every day...I'll give you that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's an interesting essay  on the subject.

According to the author, "voluntary compliance" means you're the one taking the initiative to self assess and pay your taxes due instead of the .gov assessing everyone and telling them what they owe - not that you don't owe anything if you don't want to pay.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Ask Wesley Snipes.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:16:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_314] [#14]
I've heard it called a 'voluntary' tax system occasionally over the years.  Mostly by .gov officials.

You do have a choice, pay 'voluntarily' or they take it along with a whole lot more and maybe throw your ass in the slammer.

Part of the reason they started withholding was people would owe their total tax bill at the end of the year and not have a spare dollar to pay it.  

Voluntary.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Having that opinion definitely makes it easier to wake up and go to work every day...I'll give you that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ohio_Bill:

The "contract" notion is one of many tax protester fallacies.

Debunked here

But feel free to handle your taxes however you like.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Ultimately, regardless of the merits of your arguments, there's really only one question that matters... Who has a monopoly on violence? That's who wins the argument.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Several years ago I had a guy school me about the constitutional "right to travel" which is kind of in this same ball park.

All of the licensing, taxes, fee's etc that the DMV levies is legally intended for vehicles that are on the road actively engaged in business - commerce. Not the average citizen driving 5 miles to work or to the grocery store.

It was the first I had ever heard of it and remember feeling the same as I do now about the federal taxes, what?? Huh??. He was talking a lot of constitutional legalese and it all flew over my head. When I went to leave the establishment I was in, he followed me out and got into his vehicle that was parked about 30 feet in front of mine. As I glanced up, I noticed that his vehicle didn't have a state issued license plate; just a placard on the back that read "PRIVATE" in all caps.

I thought, wow...this dude wasn't BS'ing. Obviously, this guy knew something I didn't and was able to leverage it. Same goes for many things in this world. The fed tax is a sore subject, but there are people just like Mr. PRIVATE that claim to have revoked themselves from this voluntary system.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Federal Income Tax is always "voluntary,"
when you're being held at gunpoint.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#20]
Several years ago I had a guy school me about the constitutional "right to travel" which is kind of in this same ball park.

All of the licensing, taxes, fee's etc that the DMV levies is legally intended for vehicles that are on the road actively engaged in business - commerce. Not the average citizen driving 5 miles to work or to the grocery store.

It was the first I had ever heard of it and remember feeling the same as I do now about the federal taxes, what?? Huh??. He was talking a lot of constitutional legalese and it all flew over my head. When I went to leave the establishment I was in, he followed me out and got into his vehicle that was parked about 30 feet in front of mine. As I glanced up, I noticed that his vehicle didn't have a state issued license plate; just a placard on the back that read "PRIVATE" in all caps.

I thought, wow...this dude wasn't BS'ing. Obviously, this guy knew something I didn't and was able to leverage it. Same goes for many things in this world. The fed tax is a sore subject, but there are people just like Mr. PRIVATE that claim to have revoked themselves from this voluntary system.
View Quote
Just because they believe their nonsense doesn't make it true.

Nor does it protect them from the legal consequences of their misguided ideology.

I can't tell if you're a troll looking for a reaction, or if you're really buying the crap these guys peddle, but what you're describing is "sovereign citizen" ideology.

If you're earnestly wondering about the legal legitimacy of these ideas, check out how it fares in court.
Court Cam: Top 5 Sovereign Citizen Moments - Part 2 | A&E

Or on the street... This guy was driving with his "i don't need a license plate" like your buddy, and pulled his "i am not the paper i am the living man" nonsense with the cops and ended up going out in a hail of gunfire.

Doesn't seem like much "leverage."

Bodycam footage shows fatal Utah police shooting

It's all fine and good to be "revoked from the voluntary system" as long as you don't get audited, just like anyone else who doesn't pay their taxes where the IRS can only audit like 2% of all tax filings in a given year. But once they know you owe them, no ideology is going to save you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I am not a bot and why do you start a thread that has been done before by your own admission?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
I can't tell if you're a troll looking for a reaction, or if you're really buying the crap these guys peddle, but what you're describing is "sovereign citizen" ideology.
View Quote

Neither, I've just been noticing more and more people discussing/shedding light on the subject and was genuinely curious what others here may know or think about it.

The past 5 years has been a wild ride and at this point nothing would shock me anymore.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:38:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#23]

Neither, I've just been noticing more and more people discussing/shedding light on the subject and was genuinely curious what others here may know or think about it.

The past 5 years has been a wild ride and at this point nothing would shock me anymore.

View Quote
there's no "light being shed" on the subject.

The talking points are old and tired. Literally - they purport to call back to the early days of the US, archaic statutes, and the framers' intentions. They are not based on sound jurisprudence, legal theory, or case law, but rather low IQ regurgitations of misguided interpretations of various obscure statutes. Adherents fall into a couple groups, generally in my experience, like flat earthers -

- either they know it's bunk but they like the attention and it makes them feel special to talk rubes in circles with lots of convoluted and clever-sounding sophistry, or
- the naive rubes that fall for anything, especially if it makes them feel good and they can't quite understand it but it's delivered with a lot of confidence.

Seriously - if you're sincere and curious, and you're looking for actual light to be shed on the subject, check out the link provided by another poster earlier in the thread. It goes into a lot of detail about the various legal claims and their source, and then explains why they don't hold up with specific legal citations from established US case law.

https://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html#contract
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#24]
All of what you described are Sovereign citicizen talking points.

All of it is utter and complete non-sense
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Do not ever go to tax court when they ask. Tell them you want a trial in a federal court with a jury of your peers.

After four years of trying to trick me into going to tax court and me refusing, they settled. I owed 60k with penalties and interest. They accepted 28k.

The constant threats from the IRS was going to destroy my marriage. Otherwise I would not have paid.

My defense was that I informed them every year that I was not paying federal income tax and they ignored me until the bill was 60k. If I was required to pay, why didn't the IRS come after me when I told them I was not going to pay the very first year.

I even posted about it here and got many of the same responses you have received. Everyone here complains about .gov but are unwilling to stop funding them. As a result the government will continue to grow and become more tyrannical.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#26]
No taxation without representation!

Income tax should be 0%.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:20:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#27]
Originally Posted By thebrain:

My defense was that I informed them every year that I was not paying federal income tax and they ignored me until the bill was 60k. If I was required to pay, why didn't the IRS come after me when I told them I was not going to pay the very first year.

I even posted about it here and got many of the same responses you have received. Everyone here complains about .gov but are unwilling to stop funding them. As a result the government will continue to grow and become more tyrannical.

View Quote
That'snothowanyofthisworks.jpg
That isn't a legal defense that would protect you from paying the taxes or penalties.

If I send a letter to "the federal government" telling them I'm going to rob a bank every time i plan to rob one and no one responds until I've robbed a few banks, that doesn't somehow get me off the hook.

And we complain but are unwilling to stop funding them because we don't want to get killed, go to jail or ruin our marriages or lives generally.... just like you, who ended up paying as well.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Do not ever go to tax court when they ask. Tell them you want a trial in a federal court with a jury of your peers.

After four years of trying to trick me into going to tax court and me refusing, they settled. I owed 60k with penalties and interest. They accepted 28k.

The constant threats from the IRS was going to destroy my marriage. Otherwise I would not have paid.

View Quote
Do you continue to not pay your taxes still?

Until the irs comes and makes you again, i mean?

Or do you pay what you owe every year since you settled?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#29]
That isn't a legal defense that would protect you from paying the taxes or penalties.

If I send a letter to "the federal government" telling them I'm going to rob a bank every time i plan to rob one and no one responds until I've robbed a few banks, that doesn't somehow get me off the hook.

And we complain but are unwilling to stop funding them because we don't want to get killed, go to jail or ruin our marriages or lives generally.... just like you, who ended up paying as well.

View All Quotes

That's covered by Dan too (along with dozens of other fallacies).

https://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html#rescind

You can't "revoke your consent to pay taxes"
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

That is not a win, essentially you took a plea deal
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#31]
....From what's being discussed, there is no law that the IRS or anyone can point you to that says your required to pay federal income tax on living wages earned in exchange for your time. The Supreme court has shot it down anytime they have tried to make it law so therefore, it still remains voluntary.
View Quote

Horseshit.
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2105.pdf
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#32]
You have to renounce your citizenship then you are free to do what you want.
But I believe after that happens you have to exit the country in a certain time frame.
I could be wrong but that's the way I remember it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
You have to renounce your citizenship then you are free to do what you want.
But I believe after that happens you have to exit the country in a certain time frame.
I could be wrong but that's the way I remember it.

View Quote

Uh, no.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I heard if you post on facebook that you don’t give them permission to use your personal information that it also opts you out of paying federal, state, and local taxes
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Not paying taxes...a legal form of protest?  I had this idea before...truly when they take everything from you, you will be free.
I hate the fact that I fund people that hate me.
If it's a contract? They sure as shit haven't kept up on their end of the deal. Is that contract now solvent? I think how the income tax, federal reserve amd a majority of our laws...have sketchy not so legitimate backgrounds as we have been lead to believe. Yet here we are, paying a tax on everything.
It's not so much the money for me...it's the time I lost.making it. Time I could have spent with loved ones...like my car
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Ask Wesley Snipes.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

Horseshit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:
....From what's being discussed, there is no law that the IRS or anyone can point you to that says your required to pay federal income tax on living wages earned in exchange for your time. The Supreme court has shot it down anytime they have tried to make it law so therefore, it still remains voluntary.

Horseshit.
The "wages are not taxable because they are an exchange for (x)" is another oldie that has been shot down many times
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Mudpie1313:
Not paying taxes...a legal form of protest?  I had this idea before...truly when they take everything from you, you will be free.
I hate the fact that I fund people that hate me.
If it's a contract? They sure as shit haven't kept up on their end of the deal. Is that contract now solvent? I think how the income tax, federal reserve amd a majority of our laws...have sketchy not so legitimate backgrounds as we have been lead to believe. Yet here we are, paying a tax on everything.
It's not so much the money for me...it's the time I lost.making it. Time I could have spent with loved ones...like my car
View Quote
A form of protest perhaps. But not a legal one.

Similarly, murdering government officials as a "form of protest" because they haven't held up their end of the "contact"  would be met with comparable legal protections. ie none.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#39]
A friend of mine read some book and it was riddled with information about how private remuneration wasn't a "wage" and wasn't taxable,  was exempt, blah, blah. So, this friend filled out exempt W2s. Didn't have any withholding, did everything this book said. Paid no federal tax. Filed state tax based on 1040. Paid no state tax. After like 5 years the state said "WTF?".

Audited. Charged. Convicted  on state charges of tax evasion.

Then the Feds did the same thing.

We're not talking about a 6 or 7 figure household. Ended up this couple were both felons, luckily they allowed one to take probation and the other 1 year of house arrest. The penalties were more than the taxes. 4 years later the penalties are paid off and they can start paying off the actual taxes so they can lift the tax lien on their home.

The entire ordeal has cost them over $100k between lawyers, penalties, and taxes when they tried to avoid about 1/4 of that.

Don't do it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:50:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#40]
Originally Posted By Homesteader375:
A friend of mine read some book and it was riddled with information about how private remuneration wasn't a "wage" and wasn't taxable,  was exempt, blah, blah. So, this friend filled out exempt W2s. Didn't have any withholding, did everything this book said. Paid no federal tax. Filed state tax based on 1040. Paid no state tax. After like 5 years the state said "WTF?".

Audited. Charged. Convicted  on state charges of tax evasion.

Then the Feds did the same thing.

We're not talking about a 6 or 7 figure household. Ended up this couple were both felons, luckily they allowed one to take probation and the other 1 year of house arrest. The penalties were more than the taxes. 4 years later the penalties are paid off and they can start paying off the actual taxes so they can lift the tax lien on their home.

The entire ordeal has cost them over $100k between lawyers, penalties, and taxes when they tried to avoid about 1/4 of that.

Don't do it.
View Quote
But for those 5 years, you know he was proselytizing his amazing "secret they don't want you to know" and telling everyone who would listen that his method works "... just look at me! I haven't paid taxes in years! And the government hasn't said anything!"

I wonder how many people walked away from a conversation with him thinking like OP, "wow...this dude wasn't BS'ing. Obviously, this guy knew something I didn't and was able to leverage it!"

Or all the people telling him the book was stupid, the ideology is wrong, and the strategy simply won't work, who I'm sure he ridiculed and dismissed as closed
-minded idiots too integrated into "the system" to see the light...

It always works until it doesn't.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I have payroll taxes deducted every week. I have my deduction set up so that I owe and time of filing.

If I owe more than I think is fair while using the standard deduction I itemize. If I have to itemize I charge a generously for my time. It can be a lot of work to read all the tax law to figure out what can be itemized "legally". And my labor is not cheap.

I have not had to itemize since Trump took office. This year was close but I paid a lot of tuition cost which lowered my bill. 14k in tuition cut 3k from a 4k tax bill.

I am not an arfcom millionaire.  I made under 150k last year.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Robbing a bank is immoral.

Me telling an an inherently immoral government to fuck off is my right and duty as a free human. When you understand that you might finally grasp what the founding father felt.

Get off your knees. The Constitution as originally written had provisions to fund government in a moral manner.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:23:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Homesteader375] [#43]
But for those 5 years, you know he was proselytizing his amazing "secret they don't want you to know" and telling everyone who would listen that his method works "... just look at me! I haven't paid taxes in years! And the government hasn't said anything!"

I wonder how many people walked away from a conversation with him thinking like OP, "wow...this dude wasn't BS'ing. Obviously, this guy knew something I didn't and was able to leverage it!"

Or all the people telling him the book was stupid, the ideology is wrong, and the strategy simply won't work, who I'm sure he ridiculed and dismissed as closed
-minded idiots too integrated into "the system" to see the light...

It always works until it doesn't.
View Quote

I told him " if it was that simple, the Rockefellers, Trumps, and Kennedys of the world wouldn't be paying taxes"

You know who didn't evade taxes and become a prohibited person? This guy.

ETA: texted my buddy. The book was The Great Income Tax Hoax: Why You Can Immediately Stop Paying This Illegally Enforced Tax by Irwin Schiff. Fun fact, the author died in prison while serving time for tax evasion or something like that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Me telling an an inherently immoral government to fuck off is my right and duty as a free human. When you understand that you might finally grasp what the founding father felt.

Get off your knees. The Constitution as originally written had provisions to fund government in a moral manner.

View Quote
There are plenty in this country that would say refusing to "pay your fair share" is immoral. Others think that taxes are inherently immoral. So what is immoral is subjective based on what your morals are.

And it's not the subject being discussed anyway.

Now, in terms of what's legal or illegal is a different matter. And it IS what we've been talking about.

And in that context, both bank robbery and tax evasion are on equal footing. Just ask Al Capone.

You can morally object all you want, but breaking the law because you think the law is immoral will still land you in jail.

Which you know. That's why you paid your taxes when the IRS called you out on it, and you continue to pay them.

Don't tell me to get off my knees like you're not knelt down right next to me where we both just taxes to avoid fines and prison.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:47:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samsound] [#45]

View All Quotes

What's #2? "Ask Al Sharpton about that"?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:03:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#46]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#47]
I could do dirt roads and hunt and garden,

without the girl next door coming here from Boston

because she brings Boston with her.

I need to put a snake in her window.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Taxation is theft. That’s why I won’t pay any tax on my Disability checks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#49]
There are plenty in this country that would say refusing to "pay your fair share" is immoral. Others think that taxes are inherently immoral. So what is immoral is subjective based on what your morals are.

Now, in terms of what's legal or illegal is a different matter. And it IS what we've been talking about.

And in that context, both bank robbery and tax evasion are on equal footing. Just ask Al Capone.

You can morally object all you want, but breaking the law because you think the law is immoral will still land you in jail.

Which you know. That's why you paid your taxes when the IRS called you out on it, and you continue to pay them.

Don't tell me to get off my knees like you're not knelt down right next to me where we both just taxes to avoid fines and prison.  

View All Quotes

Please define " fair share "

If you can the please define " income "

If I live 100% off grid grow my own food knitting my own clothes, build my own furniture and so on. How much of that labor is taxable as income? What would be my fair share for tax purposes?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:23:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: King_Mud] [#50]
I think you misunderstand the terms.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top