Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
@Kitties-with-Sigs sorry for the stress i am about to put on your analysis paralysis.

todays home depot specials include a bunch of portable air conditioners.

https://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Used a haier 8k window unit. Bought 2 from Home Depot years ago. The one we set up was for the master bedroom that was about 15 x 20 worked well. Being in Las Vegas we didn’t have much humidity and the unit kept the room at about 80 in the summer. Also I think we paid 400 bucks for each one
Ymmv
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FDC:

I've got a 12K Midea sitting in my amazon shopping cart.

They're rated well.

I'll probably buy it next month or maybe June when I not spending money on frivolous stuff like furniture and guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FDC:
Originally Posted By mPisi:
I was really looking at the u-shaped window units, I liked the idea since they allow the window to be almost down.  Has anyone tried them?

I've got a 12K Midea sitting in my amazon shopping cart.

They're rated well.

I'll probably buy it next month or maybe June when I not spending money on frivolous stuff like furniture and guns.

I bought this and installed it a couple weeks ago.  It's the only AC I have in a 1400 sq foot house.  Got it from Home Depot.

Sucks the humidity out within an hour and very slowly drops the temp.  If I turn it on before it gets warm inside, it will keep the house around 70 when it is in the 80s outside.  

It is very quiet for a window shaker.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I got this one, my room when I was a single guy with roommates was above the garage. Facing West. In Las Vegas. Thankfully my room had the attic access so I made a foam cutout so I could vent the hot air up there. It was a life saver. Considered selling/tossing when we moved. Glad I didn't as the a/c went out for a few days and this worked wonders. Kept the room at a comfy 67deg all night.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-400-4-sq-ft-portable-air-conditioner-graphite-gray/5890349.p?skuId=5890349

Shows not available but I'm sure LG has a newer model.

Hope that helps.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top