Posted: 10/9/2016 6:14:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault]
Upper:
- Colt AF/Armalite M4 if rebuilt off SPR
- Colt Keyhole M4
- Keyhole Forge M4 black or FDE if full upper built by PRI

Barrel:
- Custom spun Heavy/SPR profile mid-gas from unknown blank
- Special Noveske 16" Recon, mid-length gas with custom heavier (~.742") profile in front of gas block for Ops Inc 12th Model, FDE coated (likely Duracoat, could be GunKote or Cerakote)

Gas Block:
- PRI .750 Black

BCG:
- Colt's M16 or other M16 contract replacement

Handguard:
- Precision Reflex 3rd Generation CF FF Handguard, rifle length, FDE [or Black if doing a full black upper but non-Noveske barrel]

CH:
- PRI Gas Buster M84 with military latch, black [Later pattern, no "welded" latch hotdog]
- Badger Ambi CH

Muzzle Device:
- Ops Inc 12th Model Brake and collar, and 12th Model suppressor

Scope Rings:

W/PRI Recce Rail:

- A.R.M.S. #22 Medium

- OPS rings

- Nightforce A107

- Badger 30mm Unimount

No Recce Rail

- LaRue LT-104

- A.R.M.S. #22 High

- Nightforce A203 (XX High) Or A110 (X High)

Bipod:
- Harris BRM-S with PodLoc
* A.R.M.S. #32
* KAC RAS bipod adapter
* LaRue LT-130 QD bipod adapter

- Atlas direct rail mount bipod BT-10
- LaRue LT-706/ Harris BRM-S combo
- VersaPods with ARMS #42 mount [claw or rubber feet]

BUIS:
- Black PRI [rarely if used if at all]
- ARMS #40 Standalone rear

Lower

Rcvr:
- Colt's or GM Hydramatic M16A1 (Anniston Depot markings on some)

Grip:
- A2
- Magpul MIAD
- Tango Down
- Ergo
- Sierra SPR

Trigger:
- Accuracy Speaks Full Auto Match
- KAC Adjustable F/A 2-stage
- Geissele SSF

Selector:
- DPMS Ambidextrous full-auto (old gen, ca 2000-2003 timeframe)
- Standard M16 style

Buttstock:
- ACE SOCOM Carbine or Rifle length - Gens 1-3
- SOPMOD Gen 1 or 2 [black or tan]
- Magpul
* ACS
* PRS
* CTR

Optics:
- Leupold 3-9x36 M3 TS-30A2 Illum Mildot
- Mk4 MR/T 2.5-8x36 M2 (with or without TS-30A2markings), Illuminated MilDot OR TMR reticle
- Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40 LR, M3 turrets, Illuminated Mil-Dot reticle
- FDE Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40, M2 turrets, Illuminated TMR (ala M110)
- S&B Short-Dot
- Bushnell SMRS 1-8
- Leupold Vari-X III LR M3 with Premier Reticles Gen 2 MilDot conversion [in LT-104 Mount]

Notes:

There are 3 rough iterations of the Mod H:

1)First handful were built at SOTIC armory directly by MSG Holland and another gentleman, using COTS parts ordered from Brownells etc. The one we can see closely had a black Colt Keyhole forged upper, black PRI Gen III handguard rifle length, and a black PRI Recce Rail. The barrel was unmarked, with a heavy/SPR profile, mid-gas, and OPS profile, and coated black. Only 2 of this type have been photographed, one of which may have actually had a Noveske barrel.

2)The second, larger grouping of Hollands were rebuilds of original SPRs. These can be distinguished as they all have FDE Gen III handguards, and retained the upper and lowers from the SPRs, often identified in that the upper and lower have matching worn rattlecan paint but the handguard is unpainted. Often the optics, suppressor, etc matched the upper/lower. These had the Noveske FDE barrels. Non rattlecanned ones you can identify by their uppers being Colt AF forgemark or Armalite (haven't seen one, but likely in the mix).

3)The third iteration apparently were assembled by Precision Reflex, with them supplying new parts for the entire upper. These had Keyhole forge contract uppers coated in FDE, FDE Gen III handguards, FDE Noveske barrels, contract M16 BCGs. These likely were supplied with the Recce Rails, maybe with PRI back-up irons as well (though apparently rarely even used).

Photos

I would like to give a special thanks to 18E3V and Nikiel09 for the information about the "Holland" program that they have given over the years in the MK12 thread.  I would also like to thank HaveBlue83 and the other members  who helped in creation of this thread
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By uniform64:

These dials should be interchangeable with each other correct?

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By northcoastwizard:

https://i.ibb.co/1sGkbKg/20230916-123935.jpg

Weird. Even the windage font sizing is different.

These dials should be interchangeable with each other correct?

Thanks

Yes
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Scope came in yesterday, went to zero today.

Manage to get one good group

Link Posted: 9/23/2023 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Zeroed the dials and notice there was no zero stop. Is this normal for this model?
Thanks

Link Posted: 9/23/2023 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Zeroed the dials and notice there was no zero stop. Is this normal for this model?
Thanks

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53208572048_6446763bc2_b.jpg
View Quote

Yes. I've got examples of both.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you Sir!
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Just waiting on a G SSF or SSP or High Speed National Match with Match springs for that ultra light pull...........

Link Posted: 9/27/2023 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
Just waiting on a G SSF or SSP or High Speed National Match with Match springs for that ultra light pull...........

https://i.imgur.com/MqFk7cr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7ttRk8L.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SAxEAoG.jpg
View Quote

Better order some paint while you're waiting.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote

Monica Plz....................I've got the Krylon, Aervoe Field Drab and all the Rustolem colors she will be sprayed....................
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Monica Plz....................I've got the Krylon, Aervoe Field Drab and all the Rustolem colors she will be sprayed....................
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Coming together somewhat, not quite there.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PantherONE] [#11]
I red all of the 110 sites now 🤪. Pretty interesting. Getting into the Mod H stuff. Wantet one already for a while, just last year i got the offer for a M27 IAR and so the mk12 had to wait. Also happy there are new optics options now, because the older ones are really hard to get etc.

Only what i wonder the barrel twist. Here is going back and forth with 1/7 and 1/8. What i understand the original profile is 1/7.7 what means 1/8 would be closest thing. Most pic 1/7 due they want shoot more heavy rounds thru it ? Do i understand that right ?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Pic bump

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By PantherONE:
Only what i wonder the barrel twist. Here is going back and forth with 1/7 and 1/8. What i understand the original profile is 1/7.7 what means 1/8 would be closest thing. Most pic 1/7 due they want shoot more heavy rounds thru it ? Do i understand that right ?
View Quote

I think the Noveske barrels were 1/8 twist.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:31:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz] [#14]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PantherONE:

I'm 99% they were 1:7

There was a dude on the CRA page who was trying to get enough people for a batch run a few years ago. Noveske would only do it if we had enough people. The effort fizzled out, but I remember being excited about it, and in my research found they were indeed 1:7.

Wes Grant at MSTN had Noveske 18" with OPS 12th years back, they were 1:8 (outstanding barrels). But other than that, I remember it was a fruitless dick tease to try and find a Noveske 1:7 in 16", 1:7, with the OPS 12th profile.

Edit: I write this now finally having a lathe... I wonder if Noveske sells a 16" 1:7 with a thick profile that a guy could turn down to OPS 12th profile spec.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:11:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheSogster] [#15]
16"Recon/18" SPR might work. I had my white oak SPR turned down for the OPS 12th I looked into modifying one of the lightweight barrels I had but there was no way. I'm not sure how standard the SPR profile is across manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:35:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ankratz:
I'm 99% they were 1:7
View Quote

I don't claim to be a SME. Just glad someone else was able to chime in.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

There was a dude on the CRA page who was trying to get enough people for a batch run a few years ago. Noveske would only do it if we had enough people. The effort fizzled out, but I remember being excited about it, and in my research found they were indeed 1:7.
View Quote

Word around the campfire is that they're going to run a batch.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JuanPing:

Word around the campfire is that they're going to run a batch.
View Quote

Guy on IG sent his original Noveske Mod H barrel to them so they could get the specs and produce a run.  

That was back in April though.  Haven’t heard anything since.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

Guy on IG sent his original Noveske Mod H barrel to them so they could get the specs and produce a run.  

That was back in April though.  Haven't heard anything since.
View Quote
I was told about a month ago first batch would be going through superior defense
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
I was told about a month ago first batch would be going through superior defense
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Subpar:

That was back in April though.  Haven't heard anything since.

I'll believe it when I see it. This has been nothing but a dick tease since 2016 :)

Fingers crossed (again)

COME ON NOVESKE, STOP BEING RAD AND GIVE ME HOLLAND BARREL! (PS - Love you guys)
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 1:40:21 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

I'm not a fan of SupDef and how they release/sell stuff. I can already imagine people wanting to pick them up just to flip them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#22]

I'm not a fan of SupDef and how they release/sell stuff. I can already imagine people wanting to pick them up just to flip them.
View All Quotes

Remember those CAR N-1 stocks?
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 4:10:22 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I wasn’t aware that SupDef sold anything besides  the occasional overhyped/overpriced trinkets and apparel.

Him and Noveske teaming up actually makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 8:27:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#24]
Hey Gents, to the ones that are running the Ace Gen 3 Socom stock, did you notice a slight wobble after tightening down the screw on the Gusset..?? Any way to fix that..?? I can get another full rotation on the buffer tube in order for it to not wobble, but it’ll bottom out/touch the buffer retainer pin, and the buffer tube will not be centered
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
Hey Gents, to the ones that are running the Ace Gen 3 Socom stock, did you notice a slight wobble after tightening down the screw on the Gusset..?? Any way to fix that..?? I can get another full rotation on the buffer tube in order for it to not wobble, but it’ll bottom out/touch the buffer retainer pin, and the buffer tube will not be centered
View Quote

Do a few wraps of teflon tape on the receiver extension threads to tighten things up. Mine had the infamous wobble until I reassembled it with 3-4 wraps of teflon tape. This is apparently a known fix back used back in the day, per posters on here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 9:15:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#26]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Do a few wraps of teflon tape on the receiver extension threads to tighten things up. Mine had the infamous wobble until I reassembled it with 3-4 wraps of teflon tape. This is apparently a known fix back used back in the day, per posters on here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
Hey Gents, to the ones that are running the Ace Gen 3 Socom stock, did you notice a slight wobble after tightening down the screw on the Gusset..?? Any way to fix that..?? I can get another full rotation on the buffer tube in order for it to not wobble, but it'll bottom out/touch the buffer retainer pin, and the buffer tube will not be centered

More like 5-7 layers LOL. just did mine last week. I almost went to electrical tape. Piss poor, they cut the threads on the extensions....I'll say incorrectly. There is no chordial width left at the major Dia (sharp tips) and there's slop. Def class 2 not 3 fit. Sigh. When I was cutting down rifle lengths for guys, I purposefully used a good lower and cut the threads just enough to have a nice snug fit. Worked great.

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Novekse mod h barrels are live on supdef. $600. No fde .
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 12:18:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#28]
View Quote

@LsuJon

Any idea how big a run they did?  We can get the bitches FDE lol but foooook I just spent $1100 on 2 CLE Barrels I'm a need a minute and I just can't see it being anymore accurate than the Douglas already is............
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 1:38:52 AM EDT
[#29]

@LsuJon

Any idea how big a run they did?  We can get the bitches FDE lol but foooook I just spent $1100 on 2 CLE Barrels I'm a need a minute and I just can't see it being anymore accurate than the Douglas already is............
View Quote

When I checked earlier it let me add 74 to the cart, cutoff at 75.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Imagine paying $600 for a barrel
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:00:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#31]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
View Quote

Awe come on blue the Douglas is $500 whether it come from CLE or PRI.  I want but just don’t see it being any better than my Douglas

BTW I’m gonna be hollaring at ya in the next week or so I got A.R.M.S projects
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

It does include gas tube and block
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

It does include gas tube and block
View Quote
Maybe that helps offset the not being FDE?

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

@SecretSquirell  

Remind this man how we make things FDE
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#35]
I picked one up. Good timing with my current projects
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#36]

@SecretSquirell  

View All Quotes

@SecretSquirell  

Rattle rattle
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Awe come on blue the Douglas is $500 whether it come from CLE or PRI.  I want but just don’t see it being any better than my Douglas

View All Quotes

Same boat here.  The price is high but that's become cloning across the board anymore it seems.  But already having a Douglas I can't justify it in my head.  Guess I could sell my douglas along with the gas block that apparently comes with the noveske.  I dunno.  Not too appealing for me personally.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Ended up buying one of the noveske releases. I currently have around 1500 rds through my Douglas and have enough 77grn on hand to shoot a barrrel out so what the hell

There are probably 25+ pages of people in this thread trying to find old Noveske barrels so you might want to get one while they exist
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 3:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#40]

Awe come on blue the Douglas is $500 whether it come from CLE or PRI.  I want but just don't see it being any better than my Douglas

BTW I'm gonna be hollaring at ya in the next week or so I got A.R.M.S projects
View Quote
*Disclaimer: I'm 40, graying, and I'm annoyed with noveske*

Bro u realize I'm currently on my mostly shot out $150 WOA from 2015, and my backup is a $200 Bison and they are both sub moa.

I'm totally not a barrel snob. I have accepted that I'll get endless flack for not guzzling the Noveske peen.  

I got a few sets people want done. I gotta get on them. Luckily for everyone I don't ask clone prices for my work. I'm not about that life. Really bothers me when companies jack up prices and the damn parts aren't even right.

Shout out to JT and double Star for NOT SCALPING US on the ace deal. THANK YOU JT, I bought TWO just because u rock.

/Shade
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 5:29:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#41]
*Disclaimer: I'm 40, graying, and I'm annoyed with noveske*

Bro u realize I'm currently on my mostly shot out $150 WOA from 2015, and my backup is a $200 Bison and they are both sub moa.

I'm totally not a barrel snob. I have accepted that I'll get endless flack for not guzzling the Noveske peen.  

I got a few sets people want done. I gotta get on them. Luckily for everyone I don't ask clone prices for my work. I'm not about that life. Really bothers me when companies jack up prices and the damn parts aren't even right.

Shout out to JT and double Star for NOT SCALPING US on the ace deal. THANK YOU JT, I bought TWO just because u rock.

/Shade
View Quote

Lolololol bruh I’m 49 and just lost my first foot of eyesight!!  The struggle is real

And agreed with the shout outs also to include Operation Parts on those KAC RAS’s they kept it real
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#42]

@LsuJon

View Quote
Run of 100.

Also wonder if the gas block they come with is pinned like the rest of noveske barrels
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
$200 for the barrel blank, machine work, and FDE Cerakote.
$400 for the SupDef name/hype.    
Just like $250 douche gym bags.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Run of 100.

Also wonder if the gas block they come with is pinned like the rest of noveske barrels
View Quote

Fuck I hope not!  It better be just as pictured (that is if one were to order one )
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Fuck I hope not!  It better be just as pictured (that is if one were to order one )
View All Quotes
Run of 100.

Corey confirmed they are dimpled so that's good
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Run of 100.

Very Nice!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#47]
I had asked the question on other groups, with regards these Noveske h barrels, that sup def is selling, who actually made the ar blank. Noveske basically came in after hours at Pac Nor and finished their barrels. Pac Nor had the fire and is in the process of rebuilding, so the barrel isn't gonna be the same.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By tamboi:
I had asked the question on other groups, with regards these Noveske h barrels, that sup def is selling, who actually made the ar blank. Noveske basically came in after hours at Pac Nor and finished their barrels. Pac Nor had the fire and is in the process of rebuilding, so the barrel isn't gonna be the same.
View Quote

A quick search says Pac Nor has been up and running for 3 years now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 6:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smiml7] [#49]
Anyone have a pic of how a PVS 30 sits in front of a 2.5-8x36 or 3.5-10x40 mk4?  Trying to decide which optic to go with.  I’d like to keep a flip up front sight mounted if possible. The objective on the PVS might prevent that from happening with either scope.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Aaaaand Sup Def is out of stock.

I am actually really surprised they all went this fast.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 116
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top