Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1 of 1567)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1567
Posted: 3/16/2014 2:38:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot]
When discussing the Mk 18 / CQBR program, we can divide the history and discussion in to two distinct categories: 1) The weapon system itself / upper receiver supplied and 2) the group of accessories deployed on said weapon systems (SOPMOD).

----------

Mk 18 Mod 0 / CQBR

The M4 carbine and M16 are not ideally suited for all missions, so it was proposed that the modularity of the M16 series would allow a user to replace the upper receiver of an existing weapon with one more suitable to the task. One of two proposed special mission receivers that were planned for inclusion into the SOPMOD Block II kit, the CQBR has taken off on its own. Like the proposed Special Purpose Receiver, the Close Quarters Battle Receiver has been more or less taken on by the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division (often referred to as NSWC-Crane or just "Crane") as its own project following the CQBR's removal from the SOPMOD program. Just as the Special Purpose Receiver morphed into the Special Purpose Rifle, and was type-classified as Mk 12 Mod 0/1, the complete CQBR-equipped carbine has been type-classified as the Mk 18 Mod 0.

The purpose of the CQBR remains to provide operators with a weapon of submachine gun size, but firing a rifle cartridge, for scenarios such as VIP protection, urban warfare, and other close quarters battle (CQB) situations. The CQBR is designed to provide improvement over previous AR-15/M16-type weapons in this category. The CQBR is usually issued as a complete weapon system, and not just an upper receiver. The CQBR was once only available to Naval Special Warfare units, but the Mk 18 Mod 0 has become general issue for Visit, Board, Search, and Seizure (VBSS) missions and, as of 2006, for NCIS agents deploying to active combat zones.[citation needed] The Mk 18 is also used by the Coast Guard's Tactical Law Enforcement Teams, Maritime Safety and Security Teams, and Maritime Security Response Team and the United States Navy's Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Operators.

Wikipedia has a good article with sources on the original CQBR/Mk 18 Mod 0 and its development.

----------

SOPMOD

The SOPMOD Program Management Office at NSWC Crane, IN, provides standardized, versatile weapons accessories to meet needs across SOF mission scenarios. These accessories increase operator survivability and lethality by enhanced weapon performance, target acquisition, signature suppression, and fire control.

The CQBR itself was originally part of the SOPMOD program as an accessory replacement upper receiver for the M4. However it was eventually separated out into its own project.

SOPMOD accessories for the M4/CQBR originally included things like the KAC RIS/RAS, SOPMOD stock, KAC M4QD suppressor, AN/PEQ-2 illuminator/laser, ECOS-N red dot, ACOG, etc

The SOPMOD program has gone through multiple minor and major evolutions throughout its lifetime. The most significant is commonly defined as "Block II" and included the introduction/replacement of accessories that met the updated needs of operators. The most visually significant "Block II" accessory is probably the replacement of the KAC rail/FSB with the  Daniel Defense RIS II free float rail with low-profile gas block. Other updates include things like the Surefire SOCOM sound suppressor, EOTech RDS (553/SU-231 & EXPS 3-0/SU-231a), LA-5/PEQ ATPIAL, etc

----------

Link to docs and photo albums

Presentation on CQBR from Crane
 Operator's Manual for Mk 18 Mod 0
 SOPMOD Program Overview presentation from Crane
 Photo Album of Mk 18 Mod 0
 Photo Album of CQBR with SOPMOD Block II accessories

----------

Because of the long history of both the CQBR/Mk 18 and SOPMOD programs, it's common to find weapons with various mixed configurations in the field, all depending on what time and unit the weapon system belongs to. Below are a few examples with descriptions to illustrate this.

Example of a Mk 18 Mod 0 in as-issued configuration including: M16A1 surplus lower receiver, SOPMOD buttstock, KAC RIS, KAC M4QD flash hider, Aimpoint Comp M2 in Wilcox mount, LMT rear fixed sight, CQD rear sling plate.

NSW Operator CQBRs with original SOPMOD accessories including KAC M4QD sound suppressor and AN/PEQ-2 IR Illuminator/Laser.

Member of a Combat Camera team with a CQBR with KAC RAS and M4QD flash hider but with other updated accessories from the "Block II" SOPMOD kit including SU-231a (EOTech EXPS 3-0), EOTech G33 Magnifier, LA-5/PEQ ATPIAL, Insight WMX-200.

Good example of "early" CQBR with SOPMOD Block II accessories including SU-231 (EOTech 553) and SU-233 (Insight M3x weaponlight).

Example of a more "modern" CQBR with SOPMOD Block II accessories including the updated SU-231a (EOTech EXPS 3-0) and Insight WMX-200 weaponlight.

Many times certain configurations are common within certain branches/groups. Here a Marine Raider is seen with a CQBR with an AN/PEQ-16 (USMC issued vs. the LA-5/PEQ SOCOM issued ATPIAL) and KAC NT4 suppressor (vs. the current Surefire SOCOM suppressor).

----------

Building a clone

If you're interested in building a "clone" of a Mk 18 or CQBR equipped M4A1, here is a basic parts list to use as a guide and get you started. This list is not exhaustive and see the * note above regarding personalized accessories.

| Mk 18 Mod 0                      | M4A1 CQBR Block I                   | M4A1 CQBR Block II                                      
Lower Receiver         | Mil-spec forged A1               | Mil-spec forged A2                  | Mil-spec forged A2                                      
Stock                  | Gen 1 SOPMOD (Black)             | M4, CAR, SOPMOD, CTR & others       | M4, CAR, SOPMOD, CTR & others                            
Pistol Grip            | A1                               | A2, ERGO & others                   | A2, ERGO & others                                        
Rear Sling Plate       | CQD                              | CQD                                 | CQD                                                      
Upper Receiver         | Mil-spec forged M4 profile       | Mil-spec forged M4 profile          | Mil-spec forged M4 profile                              
Barrel                 | 10.3"                            | 10.3"                               | 10.3"                                                    
Rail                   | KAC RIS                          | KAC RAS                             | DD Mk18 RIS II (FDE)                                    
Rear BUIS              | LMT Fixed                        | LMT Fixed, MATECH, & others         | MATECH, KAC 300m, & others                              
Front Sight            | A2 FSB                           | A2 FSB                              | KAC 99051 BUIS (Taupe)                                  
Front Sling Attachment | FSB Sling Swivel                 | FSB Sling Swivel                    | CQD                                                      
Muzzle Device          | KAC M4QD                         | KAC M4QD                            | SureFire FH-556-RC                                      
Supressor              | None                             | KAC QDSS NT4                        | SureFire SOCOM556-RC (FDE)                              
LAM                    | None                             | PEQ-2                               | LA-5                                                    
Weaponlight            | SureFire M962                    | SureFire M952, M962                 | Insight M3X (Tan), Insight WMX200 (Bronze)              
Optic                  | Aimpoint Comp M2 in Wilcox Mount | Aimpoint Comp M2 in QRP Mount, ACOG | EOTech 553 (Tan), EOTech EXPS3-0 (Tan), ELCAN 1-4x (FDE)

----------

Link to previous threads

Previous Mk 18 / CQBR Thread Part I
 Previous Mk 18 / CQBR Thread Part II
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:48:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Kinda cool that an m4 is hanging around at an airport waiting for a flight

And that thing is a mixmaster. Just how they all are.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

NGAL and thennnnn the shittiest white light.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

NGAL and thennnnn the shittiest white light.
View Quote

Of all the lights you could pick that’s the one?

Okay.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Finally found one
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Chikenmastr:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475009/IMG_0319_jpeg-3116435.JPG

Finally found one
View Quote

I’ll take it! Jk congratulations let me know if you find anymore lmao
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:51:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Chikenmastr:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475009/IMG_0319_jpeg-3116435.JPG

Finally found one
View Quote

What is market?  I have quite a few lol
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm curious to know what the current going rate is for one too. Lol
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Around 750 for fixed NAVSEA ones double for rotational NAVSEA
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell I just want an FDE fixed one!
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:45:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WittyTiger] [#10]
Anyone know the going rate for a Wilcox M68 mount?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By WittyTiger:
Anyone know the going rate for a Wilcox M68 mount?
View Quote

In a moment of weakness, I just sold one attached to an M2 for 350.00
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BULLDAWG_556:

In a moment of weakness, I just sold one attached to an M2 for 350.00
View Quote

Damn!

I haven't looked for a few months, but last one I saw was listed for $180 on the EE
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:54:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#13]
View Quote

@bradpierson26

What block are you going for?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:46:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WittyTiger] [#14]
Got the 249F installed today! Anyone have one of the older non logo versions? Could only get a quarter turn out of it. Pinched the washer pretty decent but think it’s shouldering out.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tanodized:
While we're busy being pedantic can we also nitpick the latest GT video? I tremendously appreciate him and his content, although some of the technical anachronisms presented really make me squirm. Especially when the majority of viewers will proceed to parrot those errors as historical truth without a second thought. I don't blame GT either, this stuff is incredibly difficult to research and fact check with all the aforementioned hearsay mucking things up. With that being said, here's where I take issue...

At 6:30 and later at 14:45 , GT states the Mk18 Mod 0 barrel was originally cut down to 10.5" until later changed to 10.3" when Colt took over production of the complete weapon. This claim originates from an article written by former Colt employee Chris Bartocci, but here's the deal, I think he's wrong.

In Jeff Johnson's 2003 NDIA presentation, he outlines the development process of the CQB Receiver. The NSN for which was established the year prior.

https://i.imgur.com/YUfRIxg.png
https://i.imgur.com/gRAf2xN.png

This document along with every other source including the overwhelming mountain of photographic evidence would indicate that issued CQBR URG's and later Mk18 Mod 0 complete weapon systems were delivered with 10.3" barrels from the beginning. I'm certainly inclined to believe that 10.5" was a starting point in development of the system when Karl Lewis was assisting NSWC Crane. However, I don't believe any rifles were ever issued in that configuration.

But what about the 10.5" LMT uppers? Yes, what about them? Has anyone any proof of their existence? Please share. I'm extremely partial to the notion that LMT helped supply Mk18 barrels and uppers during this expansive and resource exhausting period of the GWOT. Unfortunately, finding documentation of their usage is like hunting for evidence of Bigfoot.

Which leads to my next problem with GT's video; the claim at 14:23 that, "a lot of different barrels have been used.."

We know the CQBR and Mk18 initially utilized cut down 14.5" M4 government profile barrels. These Crane produced cut-downs continued to be used on Mk18 Mod 1/CQBR Block II URG's absent the front sight post of course. Yet it wasn't until the dawn of the URG-I that we saw the first SOCOM profile Colt cut down barrels (from M4A1's.) *Note that FN produced 10.3" low profile SOCOMs were already in circulation.

https://i.imgur.com/XYQxFuT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jMTyuNS.png

The point here is there's no indication that Crane "ran out" of 10.3" government cut-downs from the time they produced the weapon until it was handed off to Colt. Nor is there any indication that SOPMOD cut-downs existed prior to 2016. But just when did Colt take over manufacturing anyway?

Well, thanks to the recent batches of surplussed Mk18 barrels dumped on the market we can start to formulate a timeline. I've been fortunate enough to get my hands on quite a few of them and this is what I've observed: All barrels date stamped prior to 2009 are Crane cut-downs easily identifiable by their exposed threads cut to 10.3" OAL. After which, all subsequent barrels are Colt produced in-house with parkerized threads made slightly longer to 10.35" OAL. None are CAGE coded. None are SOPMOD profile.

That rough time frame would conveniently coincide with the Afghan surge and Crane's primary focus shifting to Block II production. It would make sense for Colt to assume any remaining Block 1 fulfillment and follow-on support during this period.

Now then, in case I haven't made my argument clear... there's not a plethora of manufacturers and models for Mk18 Mod 0 barrels, just two. Either a 10.3" Crane chopped down government profile, or a Colt produced version of the same. That's it.

I can tell I'm getting long winded so I'll forgive the rest of GT's mistakes like calling his "RAS" rail a "RIS" or anything else I may have missed. Thanks for coming to my CLONE talk, rebuttals and countervailing evidence are appreciated as always.
View Quote

@tanodized

It was years ago I swear I saw an lmt marked 10.5” in use. Maybe my eyes and memory deceive me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:13:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#16]
Disregard
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#17]

@bradpierson26

View All Quotes

@bradpierson26

@fadedsun
Just an original mod0

80% clone lower arrived

Some build progress:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

@fadedsun
Just an original mod0

80% clone lower arrived

Some build progress:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184182/IMG_6404_jpeg-3122254.JPG
View Quote

Where does one procure an 80% Clone lower like that??? 👀
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

Where does one procure an 80% Clone lower like that??? 👀
View Quote

I tagged you in the GD thread and I’ll send you a PM
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:03:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#20]
Attachment Attached File

Upper and BUIS arrived. Sf4p coming. Kac rail coming.

Need to change the pg on my lower to an a2
And add a geissele ssa-e. Nobody will know until they shoot it  
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:30:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#21]

@fadedsun
Just an original mod0

80% clone lower arrived

Some build progress:

View Quote

Superb. 80% receiver thread link and what rear sling mount is that?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:25:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar] [#22]

View All Quotes

@fadedsun
Just an original mod0

80% clone lower arrived

Some build progress:

https://www.cqd.net/store/CQD®-Rear-Sling-Mount-p201128433

The make a front mount as well.  Are you putting together a Mod 0?

There’s a subtle difference between commercial and mil A2 grips if you care about the minutiae.

You don’t want this line:

Vs. Colt:

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:29:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#23]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

There’s a subtle difference between commercial and mil A2 grips if you care about the minutiae.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/349FC0D3-367A-42B8-B10D-58FF6BB8AC1E-3122898.jpg

Vs. Colt:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/8F745E5D-8EB4-4891-A099-BC02E109D234-3122899.jpg
View Quote

Fuck my life
So this is commercial?
Source for Colt?

Attachment Attached File

80% lowers

ORjeepguy provides the 80% blank and engraves how you wish. Super quick turnaround
@fadedsun
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#24]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/349FC0D3-367A-42B8-B10D-58FF6BB8AC1E-3122898.jpg

Vs. Colt:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/8F745E5D-8EB4-4891-A099-BC02E109D234-3122899.jpg
View Quote

Ummm kind of

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Fuck my life
So this is commercial?
Source for Colt?
View Quote

https://coltparts.com/colt-ar15-m4-pistol-grip/

https://wetworxoutfitters.com/surplus-colt-a2-grips/

https://wetworxoutfitters.com/colt-m16a2-fatty-grip/
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Fuck my life
So this is commercial?
Source for Colt?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184182/IMG_6416_jpeg-3123008.JPG

80% lowers

ORjeepguy provides the 80% blank and engraves how you wish. Super quick turnaround
@fadedsun
View Quote

To my eye, that looks like a Colt “F3” grip.  Peek inside by the screw and see what the marking is.

Colt has gone through a bunch of A2 grip variations.  Old and shiny, fat and chalky, then a cheap version that was the same as Damage Ind. was using.

@fadedsun

Basically, avoid that pronounced straight slanted line in the first pic I posted.

I know we’re mortal enemies in Uke threads, but not actually though.  I’ve got a shitload of Colt A2 grips laying around.  If you’re in need I’ll send you one gratis.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#27]

I was actually going to tag you as a reference on Colt grip variants.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:21:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#28]

View All Quotes

Like you said,  it's a shit show when it comes to Colt's grips.

ETA:
1983-1998 / Slightly wider and a different contour than current production. #SP6457

Current Colt/ #SL00005
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

ETA:
1983-1998 / Slightly wider and a different contour than current production. #SP6457

Current Colt/ #SL00005
View Quote

Thanks, Tig! That’s the kind of knowledge I was looking for.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#30]

ETA:

Current Colt/ #SL00005
View All Quotes

ETA:

Current Colt/ #SL00005

Thanks
So a 6457 should be correct for an original mk18 mod0 that woulda been sourced from existing guns?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Thanks
So a 6457 should be correct for an original mk18 mod0 that woulda been sourced from existing guns?
View All Quotes

ETA:

Current Colt/ #SL00005

Thanks

I would say that a Colt A2 grip , regardless of flavor, would be correct personally. (As with one of the various subcontractor grips.)

Both Colt grips were available on issued guns and I'm fairly certain that both are still in the supply chain.

@Combat_Diver would know for sure. I'm just a civvy spectator..
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:03:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#32]

I would say that a Colt A2 grip , regardless of flavor, would be correct personally. (As with one of the various subcontractor grips.)

Both Colt grips were available on issued guns and I'm fairly certain that both are still in the supply chain.

@Combat_Diver would know for sure. I'm just a civvy spectator..
View Quote

Another that you just take for granted and don't pay attention to.  Only those that stand out have been worn done smooth and shiny!
Old Colt has campaigned hard
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Another that you just take for granted and don't pay attention to.  Only those that stand out have been worn done smooth and shiny!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0935_jpeg-3123176.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0934_jpeg-3123177.JPG
View Quote

I still find that grip cool. I remember when you first posted pics.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

This one was in Syria.  Other well worn smooth was on serial number W000489.  Under first 500 in 94' as I posted in Astan several years ago.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#35]
Since these guns belonged to the 82nd ABN DIV, wonder how many jumps they made?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#36]

This one was in Syria.  Other well worn smooth was on serial number W000489.  Under first 500 in 94' as I posted in Astan several years ago.
View All Quotes

My mistake, I assumed they were one and the same.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#39]

The real flex in that pic is the glock. lol
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#40]

17 or 22?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#41]
What do we think the light is on this middle rifle?

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Mine only went with me about 6 times in 2 years, but I was a staff puke. I rode my weapons case in one time when the tie down tape didn't pull out on my way down. It wasn't a problem and I had planned if I ever had to jump in a real world event that I would drop my ruck, but keep my rifle next to me. I also jumped with TAPS and all of my mags ready to go for combat equipment jumps with a follow on mission. It kept weight out of the weapons case which sucked on racetracks or in general because it would be at the top of the case.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#43]
What are the chances of finding/getting an NT4 these days?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
What are the chances of finding/getting an NT4 these days?
View Quote

$3-5k depending on condition on gunbroker.

The last time I heard about anyone getting one from a retailer was @eyekhan and I think it was a few years ago.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Zeroed Ole reliable last weekend

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:26:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#46]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

17 or 22?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#47]

To my eye, that looks like a Colt “F3” grip.  Peek inside by the screw and see what the marking is.

Colt has gone through a bunch of A2 grip variations.  Old and shiny, fat and chalky, then a cheap version that was the same as Damage Ind. was using.

@fadedsun

Basically, avoid that pronounced straight slanted line in the first pic I posted.

I know we’re mortal enemies in Uke threads, but not actually though.  I’ve got a shitload of Colt A2 grips laying around.  If you’re in need I’ll send you one gratis.
View All Quotes

@fadedsun

No worries, this ain't about Ukraine or anything else, this is about CQBRs and Mk18s

I already have a PG on the way, so don't worry but thank you for the offer! I ordered it about an hour before I posted the pic you responded to.  

It will go on my 99% clone correct CQBR block 1.5

I used to have a ton of them around and I got rid of a bunch before I started cloning and used the rest on my a2 projects. Now I actually had to go on GB to get one. Shame on me

$3-5k depending on condition on gunbroker.

The last time I heard about anyone getting one from a retailer was @eyekhan and I think it was a few years ago.

I looked and found one. WTF

4k for a can that's technologically behind something 1/4 of the price?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0935_jpeg-3123176.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0934_jpeg-3123177.JPG

That grip has more TIS than I do. Bloody hell.

Fuck my life
So this is commercial?
Source for Colt?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184182/IMG_6416_jpeg-3123008.JPG

80% lowers

@fadedsun

That's super cool. It's a shame I already have a surplus NFA lower to use otherwise I'd do that.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:16:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Armadillon] [#48]
Attachment Attached File

This build is the reason why I joined ARFCOM in 2019.  Special thanks to Combat_Diver for technical questions answered in the thread.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:50:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#49]
Originally Posted By Armadillon:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/502479/CQBR_jpg-3127197.JPG

This build is the reason why I joined ARFCOM in 2019.  Special thanks to Combat_Diver for technical questions answered in the thread.
View Quote

Cheers!

Attachment Attached File

Waiting to install the:

SF4P
A2 PG
H2 buffer + new spring (it's a used lower, bought new in 2016)
SSA-E..supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Are front side sling swivel mounts correct?

Is the SOPMOD on it a gen 1 or 2?

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#50]

Cheers!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/426984858_914212740238153_91678730904375-3127486.JPG

Waiting to install the:

SF4P
A2 PG
H2 buffer + new spring (it's a used lower, bought new in 2016)
SSA-E..supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Are front side sling swivel mounts correct?

Is the SOPMOD on it a gen 1 or 2?

View Quote

The one in your pic? That is a Gen 2 (QD attachment instantly lets ya know)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1567
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1 of 1567)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top