Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Not a chance. For one thing, I haven't tried to sell you an upper at all, let alone this setup. This leads me to believe that you (or someone) are simply trying to start some SH*T.

For another thing, baffle strikes are a possibility with any mount, any suppressor, anytime,anywhere. I'm never going to guarantee that it won't happen.

Im not trying to start some shit, but if you think asking for you to stand behind your work is starting shit, then yes I am starting shit.  

A KAC can or even the GemTech HALO which uses the KAC QD comp are not cheap nor easy to get if you are not in real "need" of them at the moment.  If you wont stand behind your work then there is no reason for us to do business, nor will I ever send any business your way.  I wish you well with your market of paper punchers, but those of us who use these weapons on a daily basis need a bit more re-assurance.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A KAC can or even the GemTech HALO which uses the KAC QD comp are not cheap nor easy to get if you are not in real "need" of them at the moment.

I wish you well with your market of paper punchers, but those of us who use these weapons on a daily basis need a bit more re-assurance.  

I think PSYWAR-0 forgot that he was NOT saying this on SOCNET's forum.   I would hope he would have more respect for us "paper punchers".
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#4]

but those of us who use these weapons on a daily basis need a bit more re-assurance.

My thoughts - why would you want this set-up?  
HFG
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Bandit, any follow-up from LMT on the extraction problem?  Would be interested to hear their response.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

but those of us who use these weapons on a daily basis need a bit more re-assurance.

My thoughts - why would you want this set-up?  
HFG

So that I can train here in the states with the same upper that Im using on my field trips, without having to SBR a lower.  My current upper is set up for a M496D, but am considering getting a HALO since it uses the KAC QD, which is the supressor setup that most of the .mil guys I run into down range use.  I was intrigued when I heard about this setup, but looks like another tax stamp is in my future.  

As to the paper puncher comment, No Disrespect ment, only attempting to Re-inforce that to some of us, AR's are not just a hobby.  

Edited to add:

"Flying Leap", will do, from 14000 feet in the dark

And:  

I will just take my money and go home Boo Hoo

Link Posted: 5/24/2004 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
PSYWAR1-0,
I have a lot of respect for HALO, never jumped in the dark, but...I seem to remember a post you made in one of my ads in the EE. If I remember correctly, your post was deleted.

Don't go away mad...

I never went to HALO school, I just jump.  

I remember that post, it was done because you were posting on other dealers threads offering lower prices.  (Insert Scary Music) "OMG it was deleted"  

But enough of that, You have said your piece, I have the info I need, and will return everyone to their discusson of broke bolts.

Link Posted: 5/25/2004 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This thread wouldn't have anything to do with the ongoing feud/legal struggle between Leitner-Wise and LMT, would it?

You tell me.

More LMT bashing by Bandit

It looks to me like its more of a  pissing match between two dealers over prices.  One did not like the lower prices the other was offering and contacted KAC. That seems to have set this ball in motion.
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#16]
what if you got a pair of stronger springs for the extractor?  would that fix the problem all by itself?  and maybe fix the "if one breaks" problem?
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Bandit is telling as it is, we see a lot of LMT gear and quality is spotty - what is good is good but the rest is below par.  I don't have a dog in this fight just saying what we see and use which is at least 10 times more than anyone else.  Hopefully they will improve as their stuff is good and well thought out.  The short uppers are bullet-proof, but not fool-proof, the enhanced carrier has not proved its worth, the LMT bolt works well and the extractor springs go in the high 20 to low 30k range.  
HFG
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Bandit is telling as it is, we see a lot of LMT gear and quality is spotty - what is good is good but the rest is below par.  I don't have a dog in this fight just saying what we see and use which is at least 10 times more than anyone else.  Hopefully they will improve as their stuff is good and well thought out.  The short uppers are bullet-proof, but not fool-proof, the enhanced carrier has not proved its worth, the LMT bolt works well and the extractor springs go in the high 20 to low 30k range.  
HFG

Maybe we should be the judge of that.

If you told us who you work for/with that would help.  I'm assuming you are in the industry and work with LMT products since you've been on just about every LMT bashing thread I've seen in the last month.  

I'm in the market for some LMT gear, and I'd like to know the real story, however I want credible info, not just anonymous dealer bashing of competitors' products.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm not a dealer and I'm not in the industry.  We put weapons together for real world situations, I'm located in Florida, nuff said.  

I offer an opinion, nothing more and I say what I see.  If that helps people make up their minds then that's great.  We shoot upwards of 50k rounds a week so we see what works and what doesn't, LMT for example, produces a lot of gear that our operators use, some is good, some isn't.  I don't "bash".  

If you was kiss-ass opinions on "flavor of the month" products, don't read what I write.  If you don't like it, that's up to you.  I don't get into which commercial weapon is best type threads because we know those which are and those which are crap.  I want my guys in the front door and out the back, that's all.  
HFG  
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Fair enough.  I got the impression that you were a dealer or worked with a manufacturer.

Being the internet, it's hard to tell who's who and whether they have a hidden agenda or not.  Since you say you don't have an agenda, I'll take your word for it.

BTW I like to hear all sides of the story, so your opinion is valid, I'm not the type of person that dismisses someone's experience just because it isn't what I want to hear.  But I'm always caution because sometimes it's tough to weed through the BS on the boards.
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Since you say you don't have an agenda.......

We ALL have agendas.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top