Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2004 8:32:39 AM EDT
I'm considering purchasing one of their uppers - what is the quality like on their products ?
Any comments/experiences ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I purchased one a few months back.  IMO, excellent quality and service.
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm considering purchasing one of their uppers - what is the quality like on their products ?

Thanks.

A friend built an SR15 clone from one of their kits - he let me shoot it a couple of times. It shot like a champ.
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Ordered my M4 parts from them.  Very nice product!!!  I just ordered another barrel from them.  I recomend.
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all for the responses.

I talked to them on the phone the other day, and their customer service seems to be top-notch.
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 10:01:46 AM EDT
[#5]
they recently started offering chrome lined bores. That is something I require on all my new purchases that aren't SS.
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#6]
My one and only AR is a Bushy lower with 16" Model 1 upper.  No problems since I got it (~4 years ago).

Link Posted: 7/17/2004 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]
SNorman,

That's the build I was thinking of doing. A Bushy lower with the XM177 Model 1 Upper....

I hope I have the legalities right, but I am assuming that if I order the Pre-Ban XM177 Model 1 Upper now, and then buy a standard Bushy lower from my dealer - after the AWB sunsets in September, I can assemble the two parts into a legal rifle with the Flash Suppressor, Bayo Lug (although this seems useless on the XM177), and Collapsible Stock. Am I right about that ?
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#8]
One lone dissenting opinion: it's fucking junk.  Save your money until you can buy GOOD parts from somewhere, Bushmaster as a minimum.
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
SNorman,

That's the build I was thinking of doing. A Bushy lower with the XM177 Model 1 Upper....

I hope I have the legalities right, but I am assuming that if I order the Pre-Ban XM177 Model 1 Upper now, and then buy a standard Bushy lower from my dealer - after the AWB sunsets in September, I can assemble the two parts into a legal rifle with the Flash Suppressor, Bayo Lug (although this seems useless on the XM177), and Collapsible Stock. Am I right about that ?

Yes that will work.  Of course some will argue just having the parts is going to get you busted, but in all seriousness I think most of us have preban parts in the closet right now.  If the ban doesn't expire, just replace the FH with a brake and remove the bayo lug.

Now, as far as QuetShootr thinking Model 1 parts are junk, I believe that the assembled upper is going to be OK.  If you get a kit with the lower parts, I'm not sure.  I did purchase the 16" CAR kit at the time, but just put the upper on a complete Bushy lower.  So, I have all the lower parts still sitting here.  I have no way to tell if they are junk or not, they seem OK to me but it's possible they are substandard.
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks again for the info.....If I bought the Pre-Ban upper now (I noticed Bushy has a pre-ban XM177 style upper - so I might go that route, but the price is quite a bit more), and waited to buy the lower until after the ban , would that matter (would dates on any of the receipts make the least bit of difference in "proving" my rifle was legit, or not legitimate AFTER the AWB sunsets) ?

If I go with the Model 1 Upper, I would be buying a complete Bushmaster Lower from my local dealer.
Link Posted: 7/18/2004 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine has about 12,000 rounds through it.  Still shoots great.  The trigger was awful.  I replaced it with RRA two stage.  The trigger required some work after about 10,000 rounds.  I would deffinitely buy again.
Chuck
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#12]
my experiences with them has been good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thanks.

instead of buying just the upper buy the kit and get the spare parts its not much more money for a lot more parts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
There parts are iffy, but price is good.

I'd rather go with J&T for abit more.

Out of the 6 Model 1 kits I did a while back, 2 broken bolts in under 1500 rounds, 4 bent bolt catch, Loose front sight post, a bunch of little stuff that made the gun unreliable.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had really good luck with them.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Good stuff
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#17]
There is a thread in the Class 3 forum on the Model "1" Sales kits.  Reports were good.  If they will work full auto, you should be able to shoot as fast as you want with no problems.

My lightweight from Model "1" strings shots as the barrel warms up, but I'm pretty sure a Bushmaster lightweight would do that too.

If you get your lower from Eagle Firearms, it will only cost about $10 more to get one assebled.  Putting them together is not that hard, but it will take you about an hour or more, and you may scratch the finish in the process.  I bought an assembled lower the 2nd time.

Edit: I had to dial my BUIS all the way to the right to get it to zero.

With a 3 moa red dot I get about 4" 20 shot groups at 100 yards with Lake City XM193, and Winchester Bulk Pack from Wal-Mart
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#18]
the quality on them is pretty good for what you pay for them, but diffinaitly get the chrore lined barrel for $50 more, my brother has built several with out it and the chambers tend to get sticky with surplus ammo after several hundred rds. are put through them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top