Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2004 1:33:42 PM EDT
Savage 10FP-LE2B 26" bull barrel w/ McMillan stock, 2.5# set AccuTrigger .
Caliber: .308Win
Ammunition: Hornady Custom Rifle .308Win 150gr. SST (Super Shock Tip) interlock bullet.
   . Muzzle vel: 2870fps from 26" barrel.
Scope: Simmons 3.8x12x44 IR
   . The Illlum. Recticles (bright red) will show up well on dark-black colored hogs.

The in-laws have been beggin me not to disgard the hearts/lungs/livers or avoid shooting in the heart/lung area, so I've decided to take the big boy along w/ my M4gery on my Labor day hog hunt. My hunting partner will lug this 12lbs rifle for me since he doesn't have a decent rifle, poor bastard
I will try at all cost to aim for head shots if possible, anything within 60yards, my M4gery will play, else my .308 will have its chance.
Just went to the range to make sure my .308 is still zeroed, holy smoke, .3" MOA
I've used the 150gr. SST in past hog hunts, and it's devestating.  Awesome mushrooming & penetration.

10FP-LE2B & RR M4gery

.3" MOA

Q3131A & .308Win 150gr. SST

Link Posted: 7/25/2004 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
GOOD LUCK!

hope to see some more awesome pics

Link Posted: 7/25/2004 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
tagged for future ref
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You're .308, or you, are a shootin-mutha

But I still wouldn't call a .308 a big boy
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You're .308, or you, are a shootin-mutha

But I still wouldn't call a .308 a big boy

Many of my guides seen me take head shots from 150+ yards, and they do call me a shooting-mofo

I guess I refer the .308 as big boy compared to the Q3131A  I've seen lots of hunters shoot those Weatherby Magnum stuff, my .308 would be under powered, but never missed yet
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you use that SST, please try to recover a bullet and post pics.

I'd like to know how it performed.

All my past hunts, all of the SST exited w/ big wound channel. If the bullet is recovered, I'll take close up pics... I always keep recovered bullets from hunts for future references, my wife thinks I am a freak for doing that...  
My last hunt using the SST, was 90 yards frontal head shot on an exotic doe, cause that's the only exposing target from branch covers, the head pratically exploded, of course no recovered bullet. My guide/spotter noted that the head exploded w/ blood mist in the air... A scene to be seen,  but under recoil, i didn't see jack
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you use that SST, please try to recover a bullet and post pics.

I'd like to know how it performed.

All my past hunts, all of the SST exited w/ big wound channel. If the bullet is recovered, I'll take close up pics... I always keep recovered bullets from hunts for future references, my wife thinks I am a freak for doing that...  
My last hunt using the SST, was 90 yards frontal head shot on an exotic doe, cause that's the only exposing target from branch covers, the head pratically exploded, of course no recovered bullet. My guide/spotter noted that the head exploded w/ blood mist in the air... A scene to be seen,  but under recoil, i didn't see jack

now thats what I would like to see on a hunting shows

BTW where you huntin?
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

now thats what I would like to see on a hunting shows

BTW where you huntin?

We'll be heading out to my friend's relatives' chicken ranch again, lots of hog problems out there.
About 3 hours east of DFW.

Link Posted: 7/25/2004 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I had a good place to go and shoot hogs like that.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top