Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2004 4:50:21 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about the quality of Model 1 Sales kits?
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#1]
There's several threads about them here you should be able to find to get more info but I'll give you what I usually post about them.

I've built-up over ten of the Model-1 kits for friends and buddy's in my unit and have always had good luck with them.  I'll buy from them again. They've treated me pretty decent and I like the finish on their kits when mated up to Mega/stinger lowers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 4:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I am pleased with mine. Haven't shot it yet due to it being a "pre-ban" upper...I have it stored at a safe location not anywhere near my post-ban lower.

However...I can tell you from my initial impression, it has a very uniform color, no discernable machine marks...no glaring blemishes other than the scratch I put in it when I tried to get the hand guards off.

The sights (A2) appeared to be close to center, and not cranked to one side or the other.

I can't tell you more until I am legally able to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I built a 16 inch kit no problems and shoots great hippie.gif
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I've built two rifles using thier kits already and have another one on the way now . I have put plenty of rounds through mine and never had a problem .
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm pleased with the barrels and parts I have bought from them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Got an 11.5 Shorty from them and runs like a damn champ on my M16.
No tweaking or anything it's rate of fire seems somewhere between an MG34 and a GE mini gun.
Good customer service if you have a problem.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#7]
As I said I've got a new kit from them on the way . I ordered it on monday  expecting it next week but I called and got a tracking number and the UPS site says I will have it on friday . This is one of the good things about Model 1 , when they say they are shipping it right out that is exactly what they do .
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Godd stuff Maynard.........................
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one of their lightweight 16" barrels and so far, no complaints...
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I was surprised to find out that my flat-top upper w/20" barrel came with an A1 (round, 5 notch) front sight post installed.  Also, for some reason there's a gap between the upper and lower halves of the hanguard on the left side, but not the right.  I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Got 2 kits from them and the quality ang price is great.  Very happy with it and would buy from them again.

556man
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:13:49 AM EDT
[#12]
i have gotten a few kits from them, they all work fine, fit and finish is not bad either

remember, you are buying a lower priced kit, you are doing this because you are either cheap, a tightwad, short on cash, or like some here, want a beater to let other people shoot so they do not bang up the woa gun, so do not complain about quality when you buy cheap stuff

but, model 1 stuff i have gotten is

nicely finished
fits rra, and pwa lowers perfectly
barrels are accurate
forged uppers
forged front site post
wirk great
price is right

i will say that on one a2 i got, it did have an a1 sight post, 5 positions, i was happy actually, a finer adjustment for accuracy....
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#13]
All I can say is that they sell a lot of standard stuff at extremely good prices.  ACE buttstock $85.00 compared to Bushmaster's $105.00.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Bought several kits from them years back... ISTR that they were under a different name then, though
I can't recall right now what it was.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I just put a model 1 upper on my mutt lower....no complaints. Finis is good, and it fit up nicely, good and snug......Plan on getting some trigger time with it this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#16]
i have a 20 inch stainless/painted black 1/8 twist flat top, and removable handle that i just spent a day at the range with, broke her in

500+ rds, zero jams

easy hits with irons at 500 yds
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top