User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone out there have some close up pictures of a Colt LE6920 lower? Both side if you got them please. Do they use standard mil-spec parts or do they use the larger pins?
Thank you, Phessor
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does anyone out there have some close up pictures of a Colt LE6920 lower? Both side if you got them please. Do they use standard mil-spec parts or do they use the larger pins?
Thank you, Phessor

They use the larger fire control pins and mil-spec takedown pins.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
XM777, those are some damn good pics!!!!
I bought the 6920 because it comes with the factory M4 16.1 upper. i think that once the supply of already made 6920s get bought, colt wont make any more of this model. thats if the ban goes. if at some point the ban comes back, colt will never be able to use the design again unless they change the wording slightly. i seriously doubht that colt will continue this model if the ban goes.
so if you are a betting man, these guns have a high collector potential.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Not a hijack, but is there any talk by Colt or Colt dealers about producing the same rifles after Sept. 14th made but with the "LEO" markings on one side of it?

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
colt is the most PC AR maker out there. profit means nothing to them, they never listen to customer demand. if the ban goes, kiss this model bye bye IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
colt is the most PC AR maker out there. profit means nothing to them, they never listen to customer demand. if the ban goes, kiss this model bye bye IMHO.

No offense but i think your missing the point. LEO models will be legal to buy and own by civilians on Sept. 14th, as dealers here are already taking preorders for them.

Just wondering if Colt will wise up and drop the extra verbage on the lowers.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Colt will continue to make the same models, simply without the LE/GOV lettering.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LEO's are 100% exempted in NY. I will be ordering a 6520 thru a dealer in *NYC* after the 13th.

but that gun is still federally illegal. *IF* I had one thats VERY similar to that one I wouldnt post it until after 9/13.... or at least I'd say the lower is pre-ban until then.....

Seriously tho, ATF has not actively prosecuted the AWB the entire time its been in effect, I dont think they're gonna start now.

After 9/13 we should have a poll on how many people actually followed the stupid ban.

The NYC assault weapons ban has Zero exemptions for Personally owned 'assault weapons' for LEO"s. I've not looked into what the state is doing on this, but.. you won't be 'legally' ordering anything for your personal purchase in NYC whatsoever.

THe city AWB is a bullshit local law..... and who is the only agency who enforces it? oh yea, thats right, NYPD.

second of all, the exemption for LEO's to ALL weapons laws is in the NYS penal law. Bottom line, a LEO cannot be charged with a weapons offense in NY UNLESS that weapon is used illegally.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#9]

THe city AWB is a bullshit local law.....

So is the Federal one....
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

THe city AWB is a bullshit local law..... and who is the only agency who enforces it? oh yea, thats right, NYPD.

second of all, the exemption for LEO's to ALL weapons laws is in the NYS penal law. Bottom line, a LEO cannot be charged with a weapons offense in NY UNLESS that weapon is used illegally.

Heh, you're really sounding like a rookie with his head up his ass...  

By the way, when you buy that new 'leo' weapon and if you think you're actually correct on the law, why don't you just 'inform' the department of your purchase. You'll hit the trial room so fast your head will spin, and you'll be lucky if you just get off with getting your ass fired!

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just wondering if Colt will wise up and drop the extra verbage on the lowers.

Yep, some bean counter will figure out that it takes X-amount of time for employees to stamp it on the side, and by eliminating that step they'll save time/money in the long run.   Don't think Colt started selling Hbar's to the public because they were "more accurate" now hehe...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow,  my Dad can see that from across the room!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#16]
got my colt LE6920 today!
Very strange differences from other posts and pictures on this site.
1. my rifle says colt defense not colt mfg.
2. my rife says safe and fire not safe and semi.
3. my rifle says law enforcement carbine one side and four lines of restricted info on the other.
4. my rifle has M4 feed ramps but upper has no M4 marking.

what is the deal. are there two versions of the same model?

would a "colt defense" model be more or less collectible than the "colt mfg model"
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
got my colt LE6920 today!
Very strange differences from other posts and pictures on this site.
1. my rifle says colt defense not colt mfg.
2. my rife says safe and fire not safe and semi.
3. my rifle says law enforcement carbine one side and three lines of restricted info on the other.
4. my rifle has M4 feed ramps but upper has no M4 marking.

what is the deal. are there two versions of the same model?

would a "colt defense" model be more or less collectible than the "colt mfg model"

Because the LE and military colts are made and inspected by different people at colt.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#19]
one other thing to note on the LE6920 model.
Colt uses the new ribbed telstock yet uses the old 4 position tube. mine is like this and i confirmed this is how colt built them. they come four position not six.
came with 2 colt 20rnd mags void of ar-15 name.
the buffer is the H version. the upper HAS the M4 ramps but NO M4 markings. upper HAS the RAS numbers.
plastic rifle bag has March 04 markings.
i measured the fire control pins and they are slightly larger than bushy. lower does have the colt sear block which is the unmilled receiver type.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#21]
from colt web site.

Colt splits in two companies
Effective November 4, 2002, Colt completed reorganizing its operations into separate military and commercial businesses. As a result Colt Defense LLC was established to conduct the business of manufacturing and selling military products while Colt’s Manufacturing Company, Inc. will continue to manufacture and sell commercial products. The ultimate goal of this reorganization is to better position and equip each business to compete in it’s own marketplace.

I think the defense marked model 6920 is pretty cool. what do you think?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Colt uses the new ribbed telstock yet uses the old 4 position tube. mine is like this and i confirmed this is how colt built them. they come four position not six.
the buffer is the H version. the upper HAS the M4 ramps but NO M4 markings. upper HAS the RAS numbers.
i measured the fire control pins and they are slightly larger than bushy. lower does have the colt sear block which is the unmilled receiver type.

My 6920 has "M4" stamped on the top if not mistaken. Will have to check again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My 6920 has "M4" stamped on the top if not mistaken. Will have to check again.

Yes, mine does "M4" stamped on it. I will try to take some pics. Plastic bag is Aug 02. I picked up this 6920 around October 2002 if not mistaken... so not really 'new'

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#25]
wow. you learn something new every day.
i didnt know thats where the stamp was. i rechecked mine and found it marked M4.
thanks for the stamp picture!

the only other thing i want to find out is why some are marked semi and some fire, some defense and some mfg . like i said my gun packed at colt on march 2004.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I always thought the Colt handguards looked the best.  BEEFY
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
LEO's are 100% exempted in NY. I will be ordering a 6520 thru a dealer in *NYC* after the 13th.

but that gun is still federally illegal. *IF* I had one thats VERY similar to that one I wouldnt post it until after 9/13.... or at least I'd say the lower is pre-ban until then.....

Seriously tho, ATF has not actively prosecuted the AWB the entire time its been in effect, I dont think they're gonna start now.

After 9/13 we should have a poll on how many people actually followed the stupid ban.

The NYC assault weapons ban has Zero exemptions for Personally owned 'assault weapons' for LEO"s. I've not looked into what the state is doing on this, but.. you won't be 'legally' ordering anything for your personal purchase in NYC whatsoever.

Thanks Jefferson. About 8 of us LEOs purchased/ordered stripped lowers and picked them up in a prominent NYC (Manhattan) gun store several months ago. LEO's are also exempt from the NYS ban and none of us has had a problem with pre-ban config. ARs on post-ban receivers (post 9/14/04 builds) with the State Police/Troopers.  The State Troopers are in charge of enforcing NYS law unless your local jurisdiction has tougher firearms laws which local PD would have to enforce also.  We are all firearms enthusiast here so lets not bicker about who's right or wrong. If you use any firearm in an unsafe or illegal manner, it doesn't matter who you are. You're gonna get hung out to dry at Riker's or be a guest of the 'State'.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Jefferson. About 8 of us LEOs were able to buy stripped lowers and pick them up in a prominent NYC (Manhattan) gun store. LEO's are also exempt from the NYS ban and none of us has had a problem with pre-ban config. ARs on post-ban receivers (post 9/14/04 builds) with the State Police/Troopers.  The State Troopers are in charge of enforcing NYS law unless your local jurisdiction has tougher firearms laws which local PD would have to enforce also.  We are all firearms enthusiast here so lets not bicker about who's right or wrong. If you use any firearm in an unsafe or illegal manner, it doesn't matter who you are. You're gonna get hung out to dry at Riker's or be a guest of the 'State'.

yep... but dealers are being shaky about  recieving LE marked rifles (like the Colts everyone is going crazy for) or even full rifles in pre-ban (no ban?) form. Form what I've seen they all think it has to be for "official" use only (even tho it doesnt say that in NYS law at all). Whatever... its new, so I'm sure in tiem the dealers will figure out whats going on.

BTW I went to the dealer you are talking about and he said as of now he wasnt able to transfer a "no ban" Colt.... but when he figures out whats up he might be able to. Of course the city ban is another obstacle for him. Anyway, I've given up on the Colt for now... I have other issues... like trying to get my aimpoint to work
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I could understand a dealer being shaky about receiving a 'no' ban configured rifle in NYS. Of course if you have to have that Colt 'LEO' marked gun, you gotta have it. Me on the other hand will just purchase a stripped lower and order a complete no ban upper from MSTN, ADCO, Legal Transfers etc. If I have to sell the gun to another LEO, I'll leave it as is (collapsible stock etc.) or sell it out of state otherwise I'll have to de-caffeinate it to sell it to a NYS civilian. I'm thinking of 16inch Krink 74 build and I will want my side folding stock functional (not pinned opened to make it NYS legal). I've already inquired and that will not be a problem but than again, I will be sending my receiver and Bulgy kit to them directly for the build and a dealer is not needed
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I could understand a dealer being shaky about receiving a 'no' ban configured rifle in NYS. Of course if you have to have that Colt 'LEO' marked gun, you gotta have it. Me on the other had will just purchase a stripped lower and order a complete no ban upper from MSTN, ADCO, Legal Transfers etc. If I have to sell the gun to another LEO, I'll leave it as is (collapsible stock etc.) or sell it out of state otherwise I'll have to de-caffeinate it to sell it to a NYS civilian. I'm thinking of 16inch Krink 74 build and I will want my side folding stock functional (not pinned opened to make it NYS legal). I've already inquired and that will not be a problem.

nah... it was just gonna be an impulse buy.. I just wanted a rifle that said COLT AR-15 on it. I already have a M4gery I built from a bushy lower/ LMT upper (bought from C4igrant of G and R tactical).

Of course, my RNC money is still buring a hole in my pocket and I was actually thinking of an AK variant too since I dont have one. I 'm considering a pre ban Poly legend (fixed stock)... but who did you ask about recieving the no-ban krink? same dealer? if he can accept that he will definately except one of those Vector underfolders.... I'll probably still end up just getting the Legend tho just because of how beautiful they are (for an AK)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Jefferson. About 8 of us LEOs purchased/ordered stripped lowers and picked them up in a prominent NYC (Manhattan) gun store several months ago. LEO's are also exempt from the NYS ban and none of us has had a problem with pre-ban config. ARs on post-ban receivers (post 9/14/04 builds) with the State Police/Troopers.  The State Troopers are in charge of enforcing NYS law unless your local jurisdiction has tougher firearms laws which local PD would have to enforce also.  We are all firearms enthusiast here so lets not bicker about who's right or wrong. If you use any firearm in an unsafe or illegal manner, it doesn't matter who you are. You're gonna get hung out to dry at Riker's or be a guest of the 'State'.

The NYS penal law 'exempts' LEOs from most, but not all 265 subsections. It's not a 100% weapons exemption even with regards to what's in the penal law and it DOES NOT exempt personal ownership for anyone in NYC. The NYC ban even forbids LEO's from personal ownership of rifle mags with a capacity of over 5 rounds. Violation of both is  a unclassified  misdemeanor and will, without doubt, be considered a career ending move for anyone in the NYPD at the very least.. Of course if you're living outside of NYC and employed by NYPD you won't have to worry about criminal charges, but when/if the department gets wind of it you'll have to deal with the trial room , and that's a complete kangroo court. No chance of winning there.

Also, saying that ONLY NYPD enforces the NYC ban is plain foolish. There are dozens of Local/State agency's that can and will enfoce those 'Admin' laws, that I would not want to risk loosing my job over. Some being TBTA, TLC, Probation, Sanatation Police,  etc. I'm sure you guys have seen them before in Central Booking/PreAraignment. Not to say that they would be actively looking to collar up for this, but..  situations arise where it might present itself to them and they won't have a choice.

Ditto for the NYS ban, lots of city, state, or local law enforcement agencys that 'enforce' penal law subsections. It's not soley reserved for State troopers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok.
I started this before the ban expired.

Let's see everyone's LEO marked babies.

All manufactures!

Link Posted: 12/30/2004 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Specs:

Bushmaster XM15 E2S M4A3 Type LE Carbine w/1 in 7 twist 14.5" barrel and Phantom 5C2
KAC 4.5lb Two Stage Trigger with KNS pins
EOTECH 551.A65 REV.F
LaRue Tactical QD EOTech Mount
LaRue Tactical BUIS
LaRue Tactical 7.0
KAC Rail covers
Ambi-Safety
Magpul Trigger Guard
Magpul M93A Tactical Stock
Magpul MIAD Grip
Surefire M900A
GasBuster/PRI Mil Latch Charging Handle
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Guess I'll post some updates.....all 3 of these are now wearing the new Magpul trigger guard and the new Troy Ind dual apeture BUIS

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#38]
taggarino
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#39]
You mean to tell me, of all the guys going ga-ga over LEO marked guns (present company included) this is it for post AWB sunset!
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Got one from SAW

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#41]
02Overlander,

I don't think I have ever seen a more purple LaRue. Regardless. Beautiful rifle!

Sammy
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys have some smooth looking Colt's out there and I mean it literally. The finish on mine isn't nearly as nice as yours. Must have been assembled in a real hurry to meet the sunset crush or orders.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#43]

can ya guess what this one is? it's a factory Colt.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's my Armalite lower/LMT upper set-up. Soon to be replaced by a MRP

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL366/498052/5478468/77425835.jpg

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#46]
USMC 03 ok fess up, where did you get those snake prints on your AR, or did you do it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:10:02 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you've been doing your homework  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top