Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a large hole Colt A2  and a PWA but I do not See it as a "gouge" to ask 1000 or 1100 $$  

Well, it is a gouge.  

I'm with you. My preban is going to be a yankee in a week or so!
Bob

I agree w/ KyBob and QuietShootr

Quoted:
It is about supply and demand. If I cannot get what I paid then they can sit in the safe with the other 8 ARs.

As far as supply and demand goes, the demand is gonna drop big time tonight (only those poor unfortunates in states w/ their own ban), and the supply is gonna go sky high (all those in the rest of the states.).

Quoted:
If I cannot get what I paid then they can sit in the safe with the other 8 ARs.

Hold out for that $1100. I'm bettin you'll still be asking for that amount this time next year. Nothing like a cabinet queen.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a pre-ban OLY lower and am willing to do some tradeing.

Let me know what you have.

cruizer
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a pre ban M4; SGW forged lower s/n T47xx with bushmaster internals.  Upper is a Bushmaster 14 1/2" with KKF 1 1/2 flash hider and Tac-Latch. Upper and Lower were fitted by KKF. New (700 rnds) Rock River 6pos collapsable. DPMS single point sling plate, Fobus M44 forearm, Bushnell Holosight, 1-30rnd Kay Ind. mag included in a Winchester luggage grade lockable case. All in 95%+ condition and I can email pics to those interested. Looking to get $1100 for a new Colt/LMT. Let me Know
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have several *so called* preban lowers that I will trade off to someone stuck behind the lines. If anyone is interested email me at: [email protected]

Note, these are indeed preban but are not like new, they are in need of a refinish job as they have been painted. I painted all my ugly lowers. If you plan on painting yours, these would be perfect.

Also, you will have to send me a collapsible stock to retain the preban status as I have no extra ones.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, I said when this came up before, that I would. I still am willing. Have a PWA in the '89 vintage, will trade for a Bushy or small pin Colt.

Nick
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I will do a lower for lower trade.....Essential arms for a MEGA?

(trade pending  return of a E-mail...will repost in 12 hrs. if it fell through)
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a large hole Colt A2  and a PWA but I do not See it as a "gouge" to ask 1000 or 1100 $$ It is about supply and demand. If I cannot get what I paid then they can sit in the safe with the other 8 ARs.

Oh shit. Its the "me first" guy. When the SHTF, and your out of ammo, one of those guys you screwed might be holding the last 2 boxes of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#8]
What states will have their own bans?  I gotta rule out states I might move to with my job.  If the silly preban status of my BM lower won't be needed, I'm still willing to even swap it with no gouging.   I've had a few email replies.  Any Accuracy Speaks trigger fans willing to trade me a new BM/LMT lower with an AS trig, or money for new trigger with the lower?  I think that would be fair since my used BM preban lower has a AS trigg installed that I'd rather leave in since its fitted perfectly.  IM or E [email protected].
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have what was a pre-ban Colt Sporter that I might be willing to trade. Let me know if you are interested.
Huck
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a PREBAN 1979 SWG lower cnc milled from ONE pice billet lower i will sell it is a slick side with no auto block for drop in auto sear if you have one make me offer or trades
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have several *so called* preban lowers that I will trade off to someone stuck behind the lines. If anyone is interested email me at: [email protected]

Note, these are indeed preban but are not like new, they are in need of a refinish job as they have been painted. I painted all my ugly lowers. If you plan on painting yours, these would be perfect.

Also, you will have to send me a collapsible stock to retain the preban status as I have no extra ones.

Here is the first one offered up on the block: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=98&t=224682
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Pre Ban Essential Arms lower I am willing to trade.

I will be willing to trade straight up, stripped lower for stripped lower.

Email if interested.
[email protected]

Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:54:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, I thought I had a deal but the trader has stopped responding to emails. He probably thought it was a trap.

I won't mention his name but I find it hard to believe someone would not want to do this. Oh well I still have my preban PWA if anyone is interested in a trade. You need to be from a restricted state.

Bob

Trade in progress. Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:02:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What states will have their own bans?  I gotta rule out states I might move to with my job.  If the silly preban status of my BM lower won't be needed, I'm still willing to even swap it with no gouging.   I've had a few email replies.  Any Accuracy Speaks trigger fans willing to trade me a new BM/LMT lower with an AS trig, or money for new trigger with the lower?  I think that would be fair since my used BM preban lower has a AS trigg installed that I'd rather leave in since its fitted perfectly.  IM or E [email protected].

CA, CT, HI, MA, NJ, and NY.  MA and NY allow grandfathered "pre-ban" weapons.  NY has no registration or licensing requirement (however, stay out of NYC and Rochester).
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#15]
still looking to buy a pre-ban Bushy lower!!!
please IM or e-mail me if you got one
[email protected]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a preban Colt that has been converted to an M4-gery.  The lower does not have the raised fence around the mag release and does have the block.  It has a 4 position collapsible stock.  The upper is a FN contract A3 upper with removable carry handle, M4 handguards, 14.5" barrel with permanentely attached phantom flash hider--just under 500 rounds fired through it.  I have over $1300 invested.

I would love to trade it now that I am in the process of "building" a new M4 just because I can.  I would like a DCM/CMP legal AR with the floated barrel sleeve etc.  My rifle is very nice and deserves a good home.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
SNIP....
Lets see what I don't like (but can live with) about most prebans vs current production -

Colt - nice lowers before 1990s except for the large hole, then came the stupid sear blocks and odd size fire control pins.

Bushmaster - nice lowers but purplish in color.  What's up with that?

Essential Arms - odd looking casted lowers that need some fitting.

Oly/SGW - good lowers, need fitting on some.

PWA - I actually don't have anything negative to say about these.
SNIP....
C'mon guys, don't put down the idea of helping us unfortunate ones.  No one said it was mandatory to do it.  

WHAT THE FUCK?  Have you seen an Essential Arms lower?  More than one?  That's a pretty broad statement you are making, even though you state that they are only your personal observations.  I know several people here who are arranging deals with folks in CT and their goofy looking EA lowers.  I don't think you've seen too many of them.  I don't know what's so goofy looking.

I've got more pics if anyone wants them.  And no, it has not been sold yet.  People are still "rearranging" their offers.

-=SPF=-
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#18]
KY_Bob, IM and email sent regarding your PWA preban receiver.

Notice, I live in the fine, abhorrent state of Connecticut.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a pre-ban Colt lower with SN MH00xxxx in VG cond. that I'm willing to trade for a Colt AR15A3 Tactical Carbine Lower that's not LEO marked. SN series is BD000135 and higher.

Probably a longshot, but thought I'd throw it out here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I am a New Yorker hopefully moving back to my roots in PA but that cant happen for quite a few years, so I am hoping for a kind soul to swap ANY verifiable pre-ban lower no matter what condition except for broken or worn out for a like new Eagle Arms lower, I dont have much cash at the moment for boot but can offer other items as needed to seal a deal.

Let me know if you have one to deal with.

Thanks

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I am a prisoner here in NY also havePlease email me if interested....thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm in Konnecticut and want to buy or trade someone for their nice Preban Bushy lower .
I will be happy to purchase a new lower from the For Sale Board and have it shipped directly to your ffl if you prefer a straight trade for a particular lower.
I will obvioulsy pay all shipping and transfer fees.
PLEASE HELP!!  btw - I can't own COLT AR-15 or Sporter  WTF !!!
This state ban sucks!
Please e-mail me with all questions.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll trade an SP-1 lower with two uppers for a Bushie or RRA lower and flattop upper to a person in occupied areas. IM me if interested for more details, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#24]
timJ

..a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And...an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

that is gold.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I live in Ct and am interested in doing a trade for a pre-ban Bushmaster lower. If anyone has one for trade, please send pics.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Hi all.

As a refuge living in Connecticut. I need a pre-ban receiver and I'm not going to be fussy about the brand except it CAN NOT be Colt.  Connecticut won't allow any Colt receivers, period. (Interesting considering Colt is right in downtown Hartford! Go figure)  So, PWA, OLY, etc, will be fine as long as it's a pre-ban for sure.  Here's what I'll trade.

I've got a brand new Eagle/Quantico Arms lower receiver I purchased from Quantico back in January.  It has about 250 rounds on it.   I installed a high-quality set of lower parts in it from J&T for which I paid $70 with shipping.  I'd be happy to trade this virtually new, ready-to-go, high quality lower with all the parts installed for your stripped pre-ban lower receiver and I'll even throw in a couple of 30 round military mags that a friend who just retired from the reserves gave me.  I'll also provide copies of all my receipts showing purchase dates.

I really appreciate this thread.  Maybe I'll finally be able to marry up the really nice parts I've got into an "official" preban.  I'm not going to be fussy about condition, either.  I'd prefer something that will work with a new parts set installed in it but wear marks are just fine by me.  

Email me directly at [email protected] if you're at all interested.    

Thanks for even considering this offer.

Rome
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll swap my Preban PWA lower(which I love!) to anyone in in a state who needs it, in exchange for a complete RRA U.S. Property marked lower. If anyone's interested, IM me or email me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks to this thread, I'll have a pre-ban reciever swapped for an EA J15 from JC in Indiana.    This is precisely what this thread was designed to do: put those of us who are still hamstrung by a continuing AWB in touch with those who are looking to upgrade their recievers.  My SP1 upper will now have a new and properly legal home.  

Thanks, again.

Rome
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#29]
JC is from Indiana?  wow.  I didn't know that.  

My EA pre-ban is going to be heading over to CT in the next few days.  Worked out quite a nice deal.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I would ask that all those seeking EXTRA money  e.g. compensation/incentive/undeserved-blood-money-profitting-off-the-misery-of-others,
PLEASE TAKE YOUR HIDES ELSEWHERE.

Kiss my ass, I paid $1200 in cold hard earned cash for my preban EA15 Coal Valley at the height of the ban. How is recouping my money and at least breaking even undeserved just because you are unwilling to pay the price? It seems to me you are the one who wants to profit from the circumstances now. Nobody offered me a free ride when I wanted a preban, I had to fork out the cash. So take YOUR "proffitting-off-the-misery-of others" bs elsewhere.

I'm not above helping out where possible, but not with this kind of Holier-than-thou rhetoric.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#32]
-DR, while I can understand your sentiments having spent a ton of bucks on your preban, there is a lot of precident for things like this happening all the time in our hobby.  I've talked to lots of guys who've spent a lot of money for a rifle that, today, goes for gas money.  The MAS49/56 is a good example.  One guy I've communicated with told me that he spent $1200 in his about ten years ago.  At the hight of the "glut" of those rifles, you could pick one up for about $250 with all the accessories, totally rearsenaled, and a half dozen mags.  The same is certainly true about the SKS and FN49 and a bunch of other originally high-priced, rare pieces.  The market changes on a dime, however, and all of a sudden something that you've scrimped and saved for cost 80% less.  

Right now, there is a rumor that there is a warehouse of G43s sitting in Russia.  Those rifles regularly sell for $1500+.  If 10,000 of them show up on our shores, the narjet and price will plummet.  What can one do?  There's not much to do but just suck it up and continue.  You certainly have a nice weapon and no one can ever say that you shouldn't keep it for yourself and continue enjoying it.  Some guys are looking to upgrade their equipment, however, and this is an opportunity for them to improve their rifle and, at the same time, help those of us out who are not so fortunate.  

Over the years I've been collecting, I've been extremely fortunate to have found that my fellow collectors have all been very generous and fair.  In return, as my collection has grown, I've tried to repay those who've helped me by assisting others in a similar fashion.  While we each have our own individual collections, we are all in the same boat, in a sense, and helping the next guy out goes a long way to keeping things going.  

So, don't feel compelled to participate in this swap.  I'm just fortunate to have found someone out there who was willing to improve their rifle and at the same time improve mine.  So, it's a win-win all the way around for us.  

Rome
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#33]
I am interested in either trading or paying cash for a preban lower.  Currently I have two like new Bushmaster lowers that I could trade.  I am in Albany, NY.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
-DR, while I can understand your sentiments having spent a ton of bucks on your preban, there is a lot of precident for things like this happening all the time in our hobby.  I've talked to lots of guys who've spent a lot of money for a rifle that, today, goes for gas money.  The MAS49/56 is a good
Rome

Thanks for the economics lesson.  Noone needs to hear it.  DR is on this thread because THIS thread is for him to sell his preban.  And, because he has a right to want what he wants for it, he is doing his job by THOROUGHLY explaining himself.  

Are you here to buy DR?  No? get out.  YES? then stay and find someone willing to take what you have to give.  

Do you go through the WTB threads and tell people that they have unobtainable dreams?  you probably do.

You have friends who have paid $$$$$ for rifles and now sell them for $ ?  Maybe those that you speak of are the stupid ones and not DR.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I would be interested in buying an excellent condition Eagle Arms or Bushmaster verifiable preban lower for the same price as you would pay for a new one... IM me with what you have!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#36]
So, what is the going rate for a pre-ban rifle in NY?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

??? Good question ???

I have had a few people ask me about mine, and I was only going to give it up to one person, with one guy in back up....( in case #1 dont work out)..

Im starting to think that a few people from the slave states are hoarding to sell off at a huge mark up later down the road.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#38]
I would think in time "pre-bans" here (NY) would be near the price of "post bans", being that there are so many "pre-bans" in the rest of the country I amsure a major amount of themwill eventually influx to NY and the few other states with permanent bans.

I amalso sure that there will be unscrupulous dealers who will try to buy as many as possible and rape the rest of us on price, fortunately there seems to be plenty of people that are aware of this and are doing there best to make sure there "pre-bans" go to individuals.

I am still looking myself for a trade but cannot afford to pay a huge premium over what a like new or new receiver is worth that can be used in the rest of the country with no restrictions, if I have to I will wait till more float in to the state after the initial frenzy. It is unfortunate for owners of "pre-bans" that the prices have/will plummet but at least they will no longer have to put up with the AW ban BS that will be here forever.

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone interested in a swap for 2 Essential Arms J-15 preban lowers (consecutive serial numbers too!)? Nice gray finish, A2 stocks. Freedom first.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Hi All.  Let me put things from Connecticut into perspective.  

Please trust me when I say that the "dealers" in CT aren't interested in buying up prebans and turning them around for any type of profit.  There just aren't enough of them.  I'll bet there aren't 75 FFLs that advertise in this state.   Most of them have dried up and blown away over the years.  As it is, I have to drive 30 miles from my town in Northern CT to just find a place to browse at milsurps and if you drive 60 miles, you've driven across the entire state.  

Also, let me make this perfectly clear.  While this  preban "loophole" exists in the state regs right now, I can tell you with virtual certainty that some Democratic knothead legislator will be knocking at the AGs door within a week and they'll "reinterpret" the regs once again to stem the flow of the thousands of now-legal pre-ban lowers into out fair state of Connecticut.  It's just too easy to circumvent the stupid AWB law they've passed.   It's not far-fetched.  It took them YEARS to finally come up with a ban on any 7.62 x 39 AK47s.  Then, the failed to advertise the fact that anyone who owned one had to register it.  If you're caught with one with out the proper registration paperwork, it's confiscated and destroyed, period.  

Frankly, that's why we're all anxious to get these preban AR15 lowers while we can because before the year is out, someone will be proposing that the flood of pre-ban lowers must be stopped.  They'll say something like "the rifle must have been in the state before 2001" or some other crap.   As it is, we can't own any "Colt" marked lowers.  Sure, those of us who are successful will be grandfathered or will have to "register" our newly aquired weapons but it'll be worth it......not economically at all but just having the satisfaction.

So, unless you live in a state that still has onerous AWB laws on the books, please don't take it for granted that we're trying to guilt or "gold dig" the rest of the country into feeling that they should help us.  In a very short period of time, this too will disappear and we'll be back in the dark ages once again.  As it is, my CETME and FAL are still in pre-ban mode and will remain there for time infinatum as things look now.  Please understand that virtually none of us has any designs on benefiting from this time warp.  We'll all be back under the gun soon enough!

Rome
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That's a question that has been on my mind also. Could anyone post a real answer for this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Geez, nobody interested in my PWA? I'm fine with keeping it, but am also fine with swapping to someone that has to deal with state-level AWB (how could I be Commando Guy with out my Commando, though).

Nick
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I live about 70 miles south of Buffalo. The going rate for prebans in my area are $850- $1400, depending on the manufacturer...Colt is by far the highest. These are prices that I have found over the last 2 month from individuals as well as dealers.

I myself have over $1300 into my post-ban...M&A Parts 14.5" M4 Flat top with perm muzzlebrake to bring it to legal length, RASII, Built on a forged Stinger Arms lower.

I am looking to trade the complete lower for a preban. If you have one, Lets talk!
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Email sent commando guy!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#45]
ydduit,

Where are you located? I am in Cuba 60 miles or so south of Buffalo.

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Here's my offer for the states that are free.  I live in New York.  Find your local gun dealer and price a brand spankin new complete lower in the same brand as your pre-ban.  I will call that dealer and buy a new complete lower for you.  You give the dealer your pre-ban, 10 year old complete lower in exchange for the new one.  I pay all transfer and shipping charges.  Everybody is happy except for Hillary (sp).  How can anyone pass up this deal.  New for old.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm stranded in NY!  I have a post-ban bushmaster 20" A2 rifle that I would like to trade for a pre-ban.  I will even sweeten the deal with cash.  The rifle is less that two years old with about 100 rounds down the pipe.  It's in like new condition.  I will gladly pay all shipping and transfer costs.  please email me at [email protected] with offers.  All considered.  I can email pics.  Thanks in advance.

Schumer, Hillary and Pataki kiss my ass!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I will... buy a new complete lower for you.

Fed.

Looking to entrap someone from a free-state in a straw-man purchase.

Beware.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#49]
So if one was to consent to do this , what is the legal way? An FFL on both ends I presume?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#50]
My EA lower will be on it's way to CT as soon as I get the signed copy of the license of the  guy's FFL.  His FFL has no problem receiveing a lower from me and all he wants is a copy of my Driver's License.

Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top