Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2004 6:49:00 PM EDT
I'm tired of seeing the same M4 guns at the range and in my gun safe so I'm looking to add a Dissipater/Eliminator style Carbine to the collection. How versatile is this rifle. Please post your pics because I've never seen this rifle up close before and most pics I sometimes come across are poor quality...post ‘em up, doesn’t matter if it is tricked out, tactical or plain Jane...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is mine.  I tried to copy the image in, but nothing appears but the dreaded "red X".  Copy and past into another browser window.
Oly pre'94 ban lower, Oly upper with their version of the Dissy(Stainless barrel).  Phantom flash hider, Cav arms yellow furniture, which makes it distinctly "un tactical".

http://www.gunsnet.net/album//showphoto.php?photo=40085
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Those hand guards look fatter and more M4 style. The stock looks a little short also. Is this the case or is it photo distortion?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure what an "Eliminator" is but here's my Dissergy

ETA:Wrong pic
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Eliminator is OAIs proprietary name for what Bushmaster calls a Dissipator.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Eliminator is OAIs proprietary name for what Bushmaster calls a Dissipator.

Ahh CJ thanks, As long as Nobuddy tries using the name "Dissergy" without my express written consent, Or they'll owe me a case of Coronas...........Udog
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Those hand guards look fatter and more M4 style. The stock looks a little short also. Is this the case or is it photo distortion?

Cav Arms C1 stock(A1 length) and C5 hndguards(M4 type profile in a 20" handgard).  So yes, the stock is shorter, and the handguards are fatter....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's mine, it's a little Dissipator, a little Super Lightweight, and a little SPR.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HBSimpson/RRA/DSCN0365.jpg

Model 1 Super Lightweight Barrel 16" 1:9
Bennie Coolie Muzzle Brake
RRA Upper, Lower, Carrier, Bolt, & Parts kit.
RRA 2-Stage trigger Reworked by WOA (3.75 lb)
RRA 6-Pos Collapsible Stock
YHM Customizable Forend w/ 4 Rail Sections, Spectre Gasblock
YHM Fold-down Front Site
ARMS #40L BUIS
Hogue Pistol Grip
Harris Bipod
LaRue M4 Scope Mount w/Super Sniper 16x
LaRue M68 Mount w/Aimpoint M2L Red dot

I personally like the balance and handling with the lightweight barrel. It shoots 2.5" groups @ 200 yds.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Kinda RECCE, and alittle bit SPR.

Bushy Dissipator
OPS INC Brake
EOTech 552
ARMS SIR #59
PRI front sight
ARMS #40 rear sight

SIG 226
Safariland 6004 Holster

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's mine:

FB
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:40:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here's mine, it's a little Dissipator, a little Super Lightweight, and a little SPR.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HBSimpson/RRA/DSCN0365.jpg

Model 1 Super Lightweight Barrel 16" 1:9
Bennie Coolie Muzzle Brake
RRA Upper, Lower, Carrier, Bolt, & Parts kit.
RRA 2-Stage trigger Reworked by WOA (3.75 lb)
RRA 6-Pos Collapsible Stock
YHM Customizable Forend w/ 4 Rail Sections, Spectre Gasblock
YHM Fold-down Front Site
ARMS #40L BUIS
Hogue Pistol Grip
Harris Bipod
LaRue M4 Scope Mount w/Super Sniper 16x
LaRue M68 Mount w/Aimpoint M2L Red dot

I personally like the balance and handling with the lightweight barrel. It shoots 2.5" groups @ 200 yds.

man this is similar to what i just put together! slightly different though and i cant post any pics right now cause i dont have a camera but here is a run of the parts used

bushmaster superlight barrel (threaded)
yhm lightweight rifle length tube
yhm front and rear flip up sights
yhm front end cap
rra upper
rra bolt group and charging handle w/ pri big latch
mega lower
bushmaster lower parts kit
ace arfx e stock
fobus grip
soon to be phantom 5c1 but a2 right now
aimpoint m2 in arms mount
magpul panels

this thing is very light and not nose heavy at all

this was my substitute for a dissy since i had most of the parts and would end up throwing stuff on it anyway so i built it from scratch

i might be putting a magnified scope on it later after seeing your rifle that larue mount looks awesome on top of it too

did you have any problems indexing the tube? i mounted it once and sighted the irons in but had to remove it and now its slightly to the right. before i could mount the arms rail between the upper and yhm rail but now there is a substantial amount of resistance. i used the carry handle both times to index it.

well anyways sorry for the hijack
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Here is one of mine.  Nothing fancy.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

did you have any problems indexing the tube? i mounted it once and sighted the irons in but had to remove it and now its slightly to the right. before i could mount the arms rail between the upper and yhm rail but now there is a substantial amount of resistance. i used the carry handle both times to index it.

well anyways sorry for the hijack

Thanks for the kind words ekikwhoa. Your setup sounds very similar. In fact, before the AWB sunset, I had an ARFX stock too. I chose the YHM customizable forend because I wanted a slimmer profile for shooting offhand, but wanted mounting options for bipod, light, etc.

Aligning the tube/front sight took a little fussing, but it wasn't to difficlult. During intial assembly, I used a straight edge to align the edge of the rail on the upper with the rail on the tube. Then I went to the range and adjusted the Aimpoint. The irons were off about 10 clicks of windage. I wanted to try to keep the windage adustment centered, (Yes, I am anal!) so I l clamped the upper in my vise and loosened the tube and rotated it to align the front sight with the red dot. Went back to the range, and now the windage adjustment is within 2 clicks of center.

The LaRue M4 mount "is the heat". I experimented with 5-shot groups removing and remounting the scope between each shot. The results are identical to groups shot without removing the scope. Last weekend, I hadn't shot with the big scope for over two months. I pulled it out, put it on for my father-in-law to try. His first three shots were in the 10-ring @ 100 yds. It's expensive, but it is a great mount.

Get some pics of your setup. I'd like to see it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's mine.
Posted later with up to date pic.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is mine.  The upper is currently @ CMMG getting the bbl threaded, and a YHM ff handguard along with some other stuff.  I'll get it this Saturday at the Gun Show.  John at CMMG is going to meet me there with it.  They sure are good to work with.   If this thread is still around I'll post another pic after I get the upper back. Less the Surefire.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Just finished putting it together today.
Bushmaster A3 Dissipator 1/9 H BAR with TA31 ACOG, ARMS, A2 flash hider, LMT Crane stock (I put the standard CAR collapsible on my 14.5"), and Harris bipod stud.  Waiting on the new Troy BUIS, ambi-mag release, going to install my ambi safety on the factory trigger.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#21]
http://home.earthlink.net/~ljunatic/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mvc-126f.jpg

This may be a crap picture , but here is my 18 inch govt. profile . weighs the same a a 16" hbar

edit:
barrel work by ADCO
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got it back today from CMMG.  They did a great job on it.  I haven't shot it yet.  Judging from the quality of work, I'm sure I won't be dissapointed with this Dissy.

Sorry if this pic is big.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I made some changes to mine last week, here's the new improved version....
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#24]
The Dissipator style upper dosn't get enough respect, I think it's an awsome way to build.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I made some changes to mine last week, here's the new improved version....

Now, that is a "Bullet Hose" if I ever saw one !!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top