Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/15/2004 6:23:44 PM EDT
When you guys get your grips post'em here so we all can see. If there are any q's I can try to help .

Most of the orders should be in your hands tomarrow or Friday.  Lets hear the updates when you recieve yor orders!

P.s. There probably won't be any post until tomarrow night after you guys get these, I'm just excited to see everyone get there's
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
WOOHOO! Got mine today, can't wait to get'em installed!
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Howard Dean voice: Yeeeehaaa!

-and 9 days BEFORE Christmas!!!!

This is the first setup:  The A1 grip: c. 2005

Verrrrrry cooool Richard. Thanx...
•more pix 2 come•
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Be sure to post pics of OD Green and Coyote.

Black is passe.
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

.......Black is passe.

Black IS beautiful!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagged
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.......Black is passe.

Black IS beautiful!!

Right on!
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
BTT • Pix 4th from the top!

Link Posted: 12/16/2004 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Got 2/3 of my grips in today. I order another one a few days later so I am watting on that. did not open the pacakages just yet but they look good.

PA should be getting your grips.

order id was verry low 2000's both of them
if this helps anyone good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Um, not to be a party pooper here, and while I certainly have nothing to complain about with this deal.  Is there supposed to be a screw in  the bag with the metal trigger guard.  It came with a roll pin to instal in the rear of the trigger guard, but nothing in the front.  I installed it, but it hinges open about 1/2 inch.  When I look at it, I can see where it has been tapped for a screw, but no screw to be seen.  Any help?  If it is missing, then can someone please tell me what size the screw is so I can get a new one at the hardware store.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.......Black is passe.

Black IS beautiful!!

Right on!
rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=star+jones/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=1276u1dov/*-http%3A//www.thekristenbuckleyshow.com/images/2004_starjones_kbs.jpg

edit this nasty hoe out dude
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Um, not to be a party pooper here, and while I certainly have nothing to complain about with this deal.  Is there supposed to be a screw in  the bag with the metal trigger guard.  It came with a roll pin to instal in the rear of the trigger guard, but nothing in the front.  I installed it, but it hinges open about 1/2 inch.  When I look at it, I can see where it has been tapped for a screw, but no screw to be seen.  Any help?  If it is missing, then can someone please tell me what size the screw is so I can get a new one at the hardware store.  Thanks.

Call Richard and ask to have Doug send you one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#13]
WAHOOO!!!!! CHRISTMAS IS HERE!!!!!!

Miad was waiting in the door when I got home, thought it was going to jump right up and bite me!  Didn't even wait to come in the house to open the box.  As I started to cut through the tape a blinding white light started coming out of the seam, flooding my porch with brilliance.  I heard gospel music, and people clapping and oohing and......

Well, okay I embelish a little.

BUT IT DEFINITELY WAS THE COOLEST THING I'VE SEEN AND HAS MADE MY WEEK!!!!!

THANKS RICH!!!!

Crap - gotta wait till the weekend to put them on....
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#14]
reminds me of the grip on the SIG Pro
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Dammit people quit posting pics of irrestible stuff that I must spend money on .  I'm trying to buy a house for crissakes .  If ya'll keep this up, I'm going to be forced to leave ARFCOM!

ETA: well, I'm back  Just couldn't stay away.  Oh, that's an awesome looking grip, especially the modular storage compartment.  There should be more grips available that have a storage cap.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#16]
So, are all these the ones with the molded texture? Are the ones with the grip-tape cut-outs still in the works?
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So, are all these the ones with the molded texture? Are the ones with the grip-tape cut-outs still in the works?

i believe the pre order (which is what everyone is getting right now that are getting them) include both
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No, they came too.  We just don't have the template to cut out the skateboard tape yet.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Does magpul have any plans to add finger grooves, I like to be grooovy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Got mine... But I got 2 of the B3 Textured backstraps, but NO B1 textured! Did anyone get 2 B1 textured?

Magpul, Can I somehow get an exchange on a B1 textured backstrap?
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Houston (Magpul), I have a problem.

With the MIAD installed on my early PWA receiver I have a large gap between the front of the grip and the rear of the trigger guard. It presents a fairly significant cosmetic problem.

I experimented with both textured and non-textured grips, and with the trigger guard frontstrap and a plain frontstrap, without improvement. It appears the location of the screw hole in the MIAD is not right.

I also tried the MIAD on a more recently manufactured PWA lower with the same results.

I then tried my SECOND set of MIADs (I ordered two black which came today and one OD which hasn't arrived yet.) Same results. I have not had any gap problems with the grips I've had on it before. (Ergo grip.)

Also, on the triggerguard frontstrap, is there supposed to be a spring and pin that secures the front of the triggerguard? The old spring and pin from the original trigger guard do not fit, and the plastic triggerguard is not tapped for the included setscrew.

Here's a pic the MIAD installed. This grip feels great! I've been waiting for a decent AR grip for years!

Here's the gap -- eww, cosmetic glitch! SO CLOSE to perfection!

And here's why there's a gap. This picture snapped with the grip pushed forward and the gap eliminated.

Link Posted: 12/16/2004 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You can always return the grips if you want

HELL NO!

But there is another problem resulting from the gap -- the front triggerguard hole doesn't line up either.

Rather than fill the gap I'd be interested in your thoughts re: filling the hole with epoxy and re-drilling. Or maybe I could get one before it's drilled?
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#25]
vandal,

What's up with your selector?
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
vandal,

What's up with your selector?

That's the new HSLD 30-round burst setting for use on zombies.

(Just testing the grip fit, left the detent spring out.)
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Still waiting on the truck to show up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 5:15:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Still waiting on the truck to show up.hr

Dude, its goin to be a long night if your thinking FedEx is going to show at 0200.

JK

Link Posted: 12/17/2004 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Rich, got them yesterday.. great stuff!!
when installing the bevertail (B2) strap I get a very small gap between the B2 and the main body. No other gaps to report. I like how it feels and it took me a while to decide which strap to use.

oh, the template url at http://www.magpul.com/miad.html is not working as of 10:32 central time.
thanks for all the innovation!

Link Posted: 12/17/2004 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Rich, couple of quick questions:

What is the frontstrap marked F3 used for?
What is the thread size on the front hole in the aluminum trigger guard (I think it's a 4-32)?
Does the frontstrap with the molded in trigger guard need to be attached to the lower receiver at the front hole? If so, how does it attach (screw, spring & pin from old trigger guard, etc.)?

Thanks!

M590man

Link Posted: 12/17/2004 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Mr. Smith, you have one very nice rifle there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#33]
On that frontstrap I'll bet you can tap it with the screw supplied for the al tg.

Link Posted: 12/17/2004 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Where can I purchase this new magpul grip?

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Where can I purchase this new magpul grip?

Thanks!!!

You can't!  They post these pics here to tease those of us that missed the pre-order!

AUgh!
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Has anybody tried the bolt holder insert? My spare is pretty loose in it and rattles quite a bit. How does your's fit?
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#39]
What is the expected price on these once they are available?
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Has anybody tried the bolt holder insert? My spare is pretty loose in it and rattles quite a bit. How does your's fit?

same here. i'm gonna use a rubber band on it and see what happens
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Is there anyway to get a CAD accurate drawing of the template so I can cut them out on my CNC machine?

Quoted:

oh, the template url at http://www.magpul.com/miad.html is not working as of 10:32 central time.
thanks for all the innovation!

Ok now try the link

or go to

www.magpul.com/miad/miad_grip_template.pdf

Link Posted: 12/17/2004 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone else cut the shit out of their fingers trying to find their favorite configuration?  Damn these things are sharp!
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine finally arrived!!!!!  

I just spent half and hour playing with my new Lego toy and really like it.

Initial impressions:
- the texturing is a little too smooth IMO.  Looks like I'll be putting some skate board tape on the smooth ones and using those, which is what I expected to do anyway.

- the finger bump on is in the same position as on an A2 grip but is sharper.  On an A2 I often find my finger riding up and over the bump and on this grip it's less comfortable than on the A2.  The great part about being modular is that I can just use F1 which doesn't have the bump on it, but what I'd really like is an F4 panel minus the bump.  I may just file the bump off my F4, but the F1 with the aluminum trigger guard feels very nice.

- the coyote brown isn't a perfect match for my Magpul stock and rail covers but is close enough that it doesn't matter.

- the grip with the B3 and F1 panels in place is a perfect fit for my hand and is very comfortable,

- the quality of both the material and the overall design of this grip and its parts is excellent.  Contgratualtions to Rick on another excellent product that is sure to be successful.

- Pics of my rifle will follow once I find some fresh batteries for the camera.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#44]
the screws that come with it dont seem to have any kind of locking washer. is one neccessary?
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#45]
anyone install the grip tape yet? I think i'm gonna go pick some up and try that out. It looks liek it will be a pain in the ass to cut right tho.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#46]
ok, Santa came early this year.  I played with my lego set for 30 mins last nigh.

I assume that the two long roll pins are for the back of the grip.

and can you tell me how to install the allumium trigger guard.  I have what looks like a long roll pin for the rear and a spring for the front.

Thanks,

ear to ear

Badredfish
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Look close at the "spring", it may turn into a set screw.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Vandal,
I've had similar issues with other grips on my PWA lower.  I've found that if I recontour the round upper corner, the grips fit better.  It appears that the PWAs have a slightly different contour there.

Link Posted: 12/17/2004 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Im pretty sure Im going to be retiring the TD VFG and put that ARMS mount on and use that as a new VFG. I now can carry 11 surefire batteries on my rifle
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow, you guys have all sorts of 'problems'.  I fiddled with mine for so long all of my "problems" went away by themselves.  

1. the grip was a tight fit.  
2. I had a tough time inserting the trigger guard roll pin
3. I couldn't figure out which straps i liked
4.  i was too stupid to understand the dovetails for the storage inserts.

of course, none are problems and all were my fault or my imagination.

A PDF file is NOT a CAD template.  think before you speak.  last time i checked, CNC machines do not work with adobe acrobat or windows XP.

There should be no springs supplied or needed.  the catch mechanism for the front of the trigger guard does not change.  the small "spring" is a small allen head set screw that threads through the hole in the magwell portion and engages in the aluminum trigger guard.

M590man- The full length front strap is for using the MIAD on any of the vertical foregrip adapters made for the regular A2 grip- like the Z3 and A.R.M.S. grips.  The 'plastic' trigger guard will probably accept the small allen screw if you are careful.  

No washer is needed because of the nature of the SS screw and the material of the grip, and also the countersink.

the textured grip has no texture (AFAIAC) but I look at it this way- it looks better like it is than it would plain and a strong sticky grip is what the recessed panel version is for.  get out and buy some 3M non-skid or pink electrical tape if you want.

Vandal- you should be able to hold your upper in between your knees while sitting on your shins with your rifle pointed through and out behind you.  you should be able to use your left hand to push down (what would normally be up) on the grip and then tap the backstrap of the grip with the palm of your right hand to make sure it is seated.  if it is your PWA lower, then you have a reason to buy another lower.  then unfortunately, you will then have a reason to build a whole new gun.  p.s.- get your selector, detent and spring in correctly before whacking your fist against your grip.  

CB1-  I have the same space as your rifle/MIAD.  If too much time was put into getting the grips to fit perfectly flush, a lot of time would be wasted and more noticeably would be the very sharp edges of that part of the grip.   the edges would be extremely prone to deformity and then you'd end up with an UNEVEN gap.  

for the guy with 2x B2 backstraps and no B1- be happy that you can build two grips with the B2.  to me, the B1 was nice to try but sucks compared to the larger ones.  

NewbHunter- it was once mentioned that the body would/could be $25.  I am not sure if that is including one front and one backstrap of your choice or if each and every piece needs to be paid for and ordered separately.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top