Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2005 5:41:59 PM EDT
Anyone happen to have any experience with BOTH??? I was really curious as to which one was the better performer. I here the JP is shipped with the trigger pull set at 3.5 pounds. What's the weight for the McCormick model?

ETA I read a review today that stated the McCormick had a trigger pull of 2 3/4 pounds measured on a digital trigger gauge. Sound about right?
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm really surprised- no answers for this one!
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag.

I have a JP trigger and love it.  The weight is about 3-3.5#.  I have a CMC drop in trigger on order for my new build, so I'll let you know how it compares.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the straight two stage CMC and I like it a lot. I chose the CMC because I liked the drop in ease and Mr. McCormic is just down the road from me, I like to spend my money close to home. It is about 2-3 pounds with a very short reset. So far it has been reliable but I have only put about 300 rounds through it, I plan to flog the crap out of it in carbine matches and just plain shootin', well see how it does.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you considered a "Accuracy Speaks" FCG?
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you considered a "Accuracy Speaks" FCG?

Single stage with no adjustment....., because it dosen't adjusting!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#6]
i like my cmc
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two CM single stage straight drop ins and one JP drop in. Both are fine triggers and I have a tough time deciding which is better. I've checked pull weights with a Lyman Digital Pull guage but can change the reading by varying the location of where I put the guage on the trigger. The weights shown are my best guess estimates:
CM#1  2lbs 10 oz
CM#2  2lbs 12 oz
JP        3lbs 2oz

Neither trigger has been adjusted and both were a no brainer to put in. The JP has the advantage of locating the safety on either side for southpaws like me or making it an ambi for another 20 bucks. Been to busy to shoot any volume and make a reliability call.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have two CM single stage straight drop ins and one JP drop in. Both are fine triggers and I have a tough time deciding which is better. I've checked pull weights with a Lyman Digital Pull guage but can change the reading by varying the location of where I put the guage on the trigger. The weights shown are my best guess estimates:
CM#1  2lbs 10 oz
CM#2  2lbs 12 oz
JP        3lbs 2oz

Neither trigger has been adjusted and both were a no brainer to put in. The JP has the advantage of locating the safety on either side for southpaws like me or making it an ambi for another 20 bucks. Been to busy to shoot any volume and make a reliability call.

Less than three pounds for the CMC? WOW!! That thing must be fun to shoot, especially rapidly!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tag.

I have a JP trigger and love it.  The weight is about 3-3.5#.  I have a CMC drop in trigger on order for my new build, so I'll let you know how it compares.

What's the good word?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top