Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/9/2005 6:48:40 AM EDT
So since there's always someone asking about the Masterkey shotgun for ARs, I thought this would be interesting to some. I came across it on another forum:

Idaho Integrated Breaching Shotgun

It's a magazine fed, AR mount shotgun that uses a rather unique action. The bolt is stationary and the receiver and barrel move forward, much like an M203. It's not in production yet, but according to the article, they are talking with "a gun manufacturer" about that.

While it does look neat, and with the design of the action, it has a longer barrel than the Masterkey, I'm sure it will be outrageously expensive and nearly impossible to get, and I still can't seem to find where the trigger is in the pictures, maybe it only slam-fires ;)

Mike
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 6:55:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Make the barrel move forward on cycling to shorten the action so it is more compact...that is pretty ingenius!
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
i wonder if these will be legal to civilians? the pictures that i have seen, the barrel looks shorter than 16". which would make it LEO/MILITARY only....right?hug.gif
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i wonder if these will be legal to civilians? the pictures that i have seen, the barrel looks shorter than 16". which would make it LEO/MILITARY only....right?

18" from breech face to muzzle is the cutoff for SBRs in shotguns.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
i bet that thing is front end heavy as hell

cool looking though
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i wonder if these will be legal to civilians? the pictures that i have seen, the barrel looks shorter than 16". which would make it LEO/MILITARY only....right?

So it'd be completely legal for "regular old" civilians, provided you lived in a friendly state.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So it'd be completely legal for "regular old" civilians, provided you lived in a friendly state.

If a shotgun's barrel length is > NFA minimum, it doesn't matter where you live.  It's legal.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If a shotgun's barrel length is > NFA minimum, it doesn't matter where you live.  It's legal.

Correct.  That shotgun's barrel does NOT look like 18".
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#10]
This can be bought as an SBR

www.serbu.com/shorty.htm

Why wouldn't that other shotgun be able to be purchased as SBR?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if it comes in black and how much that damn thing costs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]
uglier than a two legged cat and just as usless.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Isn't the guy in the second photo holding an HK416? Anyway, it's some sort of piston-driven upper for sure.

ETA: Never mind, I think it's actually an HK SMG with a railed handguard.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a HK-53 with strait mags, Its a Force Recon guy and I know thats not their TO weapon so it must be the experimental platform for the breech gun that day from the breech gun Manufacture
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#15]
If that breaching shotgun was made with an adaptor to fit your AR and never had a shoulder stock wouldn't it be an AOW requiring a $5.00 tax stamp rather than a SBS requiring a $200.00 tax stamp?  It doesn't attach directly to the AR's shoulder stock but rather to the under side of the AR barrel.

We have a guy that shoots a 12" SBS in our monthly 3-Gun Matches.  If I had one of those under my AR it would make my transitions from rifle to shotgun very fast.

MadDog
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It's a HK-53 with strait mags, Its a Force Recon guy and I know thats not their TO weapon so it must be the experimental platform for the breech gun that day from the breech gun Manufacture

Look again.  Those are straight pistol cal magazines.  I would guess a MP5-40 (.40 S&W) or a MP5-10 (10mm).  If it is a MP5-10 that most likely is an FBI HRT.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If that breaching shotgun was made with an adaptor to fit your AR and never had a shoulder stock wouldn't it be an AOW requiring a $5.00 tax stamp rather than a SBS requiring a $200.00 tax stamp?  It doesn't attach directly to the AR's shoulder stock but rather to the under side of the AR barrel.

MadDog

Exactly what my first thoughts were.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dawg180, haha hell, I think SIMPLYDYNAMIC is right, except I think the gun is a sub gun, not a 53.  It is hard to tell.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#20]
It may be an AOW if it's never mounted, but as I understand it when you attach the "stock" (the AR) so it's shoulder-fired it becomes an SBS.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#21]
What I'm really wondering is if I can mount the my Glock to my shotgun to my AR? Anyone good with Photoshop? This platform could be great for the ultimate in weight and praticality.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top