Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2005 1:16:53 PM EDT
Brownells is out of their single stange triggers but they do have the two stage.  I've never used a two stage..........could I get use to it for 3 gun matches and be able to do double taps?
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
yes on 2x tap
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yes on 2x tap

If you want to go play and act like a smart ass kid then go to the Air Soft Fourm.    This forum is for mature serious adult shooters.  Does your Mommy know you're on the internet?  

I'm looking for people who have used two stage triggers in 3 gun matches to give me some input.    
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagged cause I want to know the same thing...
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Rambosky,

I have a RRA NM lower that has a two stage trigger and all of my others have single stage and even though the single stages are rough and still need some working in, I will take a good, crisp, single stage trigger  over a two stage any day.  

I do believe for three gun a good single stage will be better.  I shot a CMC single stage about two months ago and it was awsome.  My RRA NM is great for punching paper, but my good friend who shoots three gun, realy likes his CMC single.  I also feel it will give you better control.

Just my thoughts.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a few of both single and two stage triggers in a couple AR's. I can tell you it is possible to use a 2 stage in comp. match shooting, a few guys at out club prefer them. I myself cant standa 2 stage when action shooting. Now a 2 stage is great for paper or doggin slow things. But when it's time to pour lead downrange fast a single stage i feel gives you faster, more accurate shots on the move. You feel trigger prep and bang. Almost like a long double action pistol versus say a single action 45. Really comes into play on double taps at close close range. Yes you can use it but odds are you would like a single better. i'd wait for the single to come into stock than buy a 2 stage just to use in the mean time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]
forgot to add you might try the "old" version of JP Enterprises single stage trigger. I have used one in my 3gun AR for years with zero problems and it's light...ohhh man it's light.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Got two "CM DROP INs"  on the way - I will let you know in a week.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't know JP had a "drop in".   Now I'll look into that also.  Thanks C4.

GETSUM.....so you're the one buying up all the MC triggers.  

Years ago I did the 15 min trigger job, that was just OK.  Then I got an Accuracy Speaks.... worked for a while but started to release the hammer again when I let off the trigger.  That's fine for fast double taps but not safe.  

Anyway..........thanks for the input guys.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yes on 2x tap

If you want to go play and act like a smart ass kid then go to the Air Soft Fourm.    This forum is for mature serious adult shooters.  Does your Mommy know you're on the internet?  

I'm looking for people who have used two stage triggers in 3 gun matches to give me some input.    

he said yes to double taps, how is he being a smart ass, your the one acting like a smart ass
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yes on 2x tap

he said yes to double taps, how is he being a smart ass, your the one acting like a smart ass

Maybe in your mind I might be.  Apparently his shallow thought process and yours is lacking.  My six year old granddaughter gave me a more in depth answer than he did.  Unless you have anything to contribute to my question I suggest you go and start an argument with your wife or whomever you have around that's apparently not paying you enough attention.    
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:26:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yes on 2x tap

Maybe in your mind I might be.  Apparently his shallow thought process and yours is lacking.  My six year old granddaughter gave me a more in depth answer than he did.  Unless you have anything to contribute to my question I suggest you go and start an argument with your wife or whomever you have around that's apparently not paying you enough attention.    

didnt see anything wrong with his post, hell he didnt even post much to begin with

but anyways back to the topic.

i have the two stage and love it!! double taps arent hard but not as quick as the single stage,

i have the triggers in my precision guns which i usually take my time getting the shot off but i do want a single stage for my other fun"who cares if its accurate" gun.

i would believe that the single stage would be quicker to get the follow up shot out.

Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yes on 2x tap

didnt see anything wrong with his post, hell he didnt even post much to begin with

i have the two stage and love it!! double taps arent hard but not as quick as the single stage,

i have the triggers in my precision guns which i usually take my time getting the shot off but i do want a single stage for my other fun"who cares if its accurate" gun.

i would believe that the single stage would be quicker to get the follow up shot out.

Thanks for your input.

By the way, eklikwhoa..............did that response by Kal-El give you enough specific details in order for you to make an informed decision about buying a single stage or two stage?   Yes or no?

In your own words "he didn't post much"...... or meaningful and I took it as a smartass remark.   It looks like he is just wandering around trying to up his post count.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 3:39:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yes on 2x tap

Thanks for your input.

By the way, eklikwhoa..............did that response by Kal-El give you enough specific details in order for you to make an informed decision about buying a single stage or two stage?   Yes or no?

In your own words "he didn't post much"...... or meaningful and I took it as a smartass remark.   It looks like he is just wandering around trying to up his post count.  

though it didnt help the topic any i still feel that your reply was a bit harsh. thats just my opinion though.

usually when there are replies like that they turn into pissing matches and the thread gets locked, so nothing gets solved or answered. just my .02
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 3:43:50 AM EDT
[#17]
forgot to mention

i have a niw two-stage curved laying around if you decide on getting the single stage and dont like it.

would trade you
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

"though it didnt help the topic any i still feel that your reply was a bit harsh. thats just my opinion though."

usually when there are replies like that they turn into pissing matches and the thread gets locked, so nothing gets solved or answered. just my .02

I was trained that way.    
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]

and be able to do double taps?

Ram,

Give me a break.

He answered your question; seems it did not require a lengthy explanation.  The guy wasn't rude or, in any way, a smartass.  Being trained to be harsh is not an excuse for being an asshole - these forums are here to exchange info in a relevant, useful, and enthusiastic manner.  

I, for one, am gratetful to know that one can double tap w/ a 2 stager.

Cheers.

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

and be able to do double taps?

Ram,

Give me a break.

He answered your question; seems it did not require a lengthy explanation.  The guy wasn't rude or, in any way, a smartass.  Being trained to be harsh is not an excuse for being an asshole - these forums are here to exchange info in a relevant, useful, and enthusiastic manner.  

I, for one, am gratetful to know that one can double tap w/ a 2 stager.

Cheers.

"He answered your question..........
No, he did not answer my question.  Apparently my question went over your head as did his.  

"seems it did not require a lengthy explanation."
Yes it did require more details.  Apparenlty you haven't a clue.

"I, for one, am gratetful to know tht one can double tap w/a 2 stager.
What are you planning on doing with this new founded piece of information?

"Being trained to be harsh is not an excuse for being an asshole "
You have no idea what I've been trained for.   I've been worse than an asshole.

"these forums are here to exchange info in a relevant, useful, and enthusiastic manner. "
I wanted relevant and usefull into.  Kal-El did not supply this.  I am very enthusiastic about not putting up with short, smart ass answers.  Haven't you noticed that?  

It seems my questions have been answered and I've gotten some good feed back.  Thanks guys.

This has turned into a "you hurt his feelings" liberal BS.  I think this thread has run it's course.  Sorry for being an asshole but they drew first blood.

Mr. Moderator you can shut this down anytime you want.

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Question

I've never used a two stage..........could I get use to it for 3 gun matches and be able to do double taps?

"He answered your question..........
No, he did not answer my question. Apparently my question went over your head as did his.

"seems it did not require a lengthy explanation."
Yes it did require more details. Apparenlty you haven't a clue.

Now for the lengthy explanation part for our slow friend Ram.  Please, allow me.  Seems your question had two parts:  1.  a two stage - could I get use to it for 3 gun?; AND, 2.  a two stage - be able to do double taps?

The guy answered the second part of your question.  Tell me how that requires a more lengthy explanation - should he have said make sure you hold on to your purse while double tapping.  What more is there to explain with regard to this part of your question?  Do you need him to explain HOW to double tap?  If so, then YOU need to be more precise in the language you use.  

This has turned into a "you hurt his feelings" liberal BS. I think this thread has run it's course. Sorry for being an asshole but they drew first blood.

Horseshit.  Third post down, second reply, you refer to someone who is answering the second part of your question as "a smart ass kid.""...they drew first blood" - at least your true to your screen name. Hahaha

Good luck in finding what you are seeking.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey, the guy likes details...what's done is done, move on.

RAMBOWSKY,

The "Sportsmans Guide" has the single stage CM triggers in stock for  $152.97 plus shipping if you ar part of the buyers club. I have purchased both straight & curved versions of this trigger in Single Stage, and I highly recommend the Straight trigger for any type of competition shooting that envolves speed. For some reason the straight trigger "Feels" like it resets quicker than the curved and has almost zero overtravel.  In comparison I have RRA's 2 stage trigger system in another one of my AR's and I don't like it. The take-up before the break makes the trigger feel sloppy to me being that I was/am used to an AR having a singlr stage trigger stock. I've been told that the RRA trigger can be cleaned up to be real nice, but I would just as soon get another CM trigger before I do that.

Anyway here's the link to the trigger: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148190

Good luck.

Oh, one more thing before I forget. For some reason CM requires you to use oversized pins with their drop in triggers. The pins that are supplied are good enough I guess, but they use e-clips to secure the pins in place. I chucked these pins in favor of the K&S "Barbell" locking type trigger pins (oversized) . The set up looks better and the pins are less likely to spin in the reciever holes over time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's a reply that has nothing to do with your original question;  It seems to me that you'd also bitch if no one answered any part of your question.  And if you wanyt to get so technical, damn near any trigger system can do a double tap, since a double tap is simply firing twice into the same target.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#24]
RAMBOWSKY has issues

Wow dude chill out, "you will live longer"

Kal -El wrote, "Yes" sounds like an answer to me.

-and just in case your small North Carolina brain forgot what the topic was, he reminding you by typing, " on 2x tap".

ASS

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 2:26:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Answer received, locked at authors request.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top