User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/11/2006 6:38:42 PM EDT
Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hi Guys:

I just got back from this SHOT Show this afternoon and while there, I spent about one hour talking to Mr. Joe Shoer, Vice President of Operations, SIG Arms, carefully examining the SIG 556 (several versions were displayed), and talking to other shooters looking at the SIG 566 and gauging their reactions.

All I can say this that the SIG 556 is HOT! This rifle is the best and truly new 5.56 mm caliber para-military type rifle to hit the market in many long years. The quality of manufacture is excellent with all of the design features of the Swiss SIG 551 and 552. I examined the SIG 556 samples carefully and they are built at the SIG New Hampshire plant to the usual SIG quality.

Mr. Shoer explained to me and other SHOT Show attendees that all preliminary production design and production set up has been completed, the design has been approved by the ATF, and all that is needed finalization of minor design details such as: the height of the accessory rail, will the accessory rail have in integrated emergency flip-up rear sight r not, etc. Mr. Shoer seemed somewhat frustrated that he was ready to start production but could not while the SIG management remains undecided as to these minor details. Mr. Shoer and the other SIG staff were very insistent that the SIG 556 will enter production this summer (July or August at the latest). Price will be compatible to other AR-15 type rifles

Other shooter’s reactions were very positive, many very and truly excited about this rifle and being able to purchase it. All complemented the SIG Staff on the quality, design, pricing, and availability of this firearm. All I can say this that the SIG 556 is SUPER HOT!

SIG is going to offer a polymer magazine (standard AR15 / M16 type magazines will work). Mr. Shoer challenged me to destroy or damage this sample magazine. I threw this magazine onto the floor and stomped on it with both feet and then jumped up and down on it. (I am 6-4, about 210 pounds). No damage to the magazine, nothing, not even a scuffmark!

After leaving the SIG Booth I went to RSR Distributors booth and asked the sale persons there if they were taking orders for the SIG 556. All stated yes they were, and numbers were already in the thousands. I saw my local FFL dealer there and placed an order for two SIG 556s with him.

This Tuesday I am putting up for sale (on consignment) two of my AR15s. The SIG 556 makes AR15s junk, trash, obsolete! All the people on this and other website trashing the SIG 556 are full of bullshit and do not know what they are taking about!

Take Care Guys…

MP5 Machinenpistole

PS: Oh Hay! I almost forgot. Also at the SHOT Show was display the HK 416 rifles. Guess, what, the HK representatives told me that the HK 416 are NOT AVAILABLE and will not be for several years to come. Also, Colt had on display their Advanced Law Enforcement Carbine (LE1020), a gas piston operated AR 15 / M16 / M4 type firearm. Oh, you guess, this weapon will NOT BE AVAILABLE to the civilian market. So all of you guts who badmouthing the SIG 556 that will be available verses the Colt and HK gas piston rifles that will not be available, are not making a lot of sense to me.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure it is

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you inquire about alternate stocks and handguards.  How much user modification is possible with the    SIGTAPCO 556
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
While I'm excited about the new SIG - I don't consider my AR-15 obsolete.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#5]
AR Discussion Forum on a SIG 556?  

How about General Firearms Discussion?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
  IMHO it was a cheap piece of front heavy shit compared to the FN SCAR.    Does it have Swiss quality? NO.  The mags are Orlite from Isreal.    Plastic, plastic everywhere.   Nope not getting the foldering stock on it either.   Was going to order 2 but after shot not impressed.   I would really think about buying one for a few years until the get all the problems worked out of it.  \

But in all in all, I do have to say thanks to SIG for bringing something new to the market.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
are you on the SIG payroll?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Got back from the show last night and have to say the sig was high on my priority list of things to see.  Unfortunately I was disappointed with the samples they had on hand, I didn't like the look or feel.  I'm sure it will be a great rifle, but I wouldn't trade any of my AR's for the samples they had there.  Hopefully sig will make some changes to the final product.  As for now I'll wait a couple of years and then look into a gas piston upper for the ar's I already have.  I was very impressed with the SCAR though, if we could only get a civilian version of that I would be all over it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

PS: Oh Hay! I almost forgot. Also at the SHOT Show was display the HK 416 rifles. Guess, what, the HK representatives told me that the HK 416 are NOT AVAILABLE and will not be for several years to come.

This we knew.

Also, Colt had on display their Advanced Law Enforcement Carbine (LE1020), a gas piston operated AR 15 / M16 / M4 type firearm. Oh, you guess, this weapon will NOT BE AVAILABLE to the civilian market.

This we weren't sure of, but it doesn't surprise me in the least.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
  IMHO it was a cheap piece of front heavy shit compared to the FN SCAR.    Does it have Swiss quality? NO.  The mags are Orlite from Isreal.    Plastic, plastic everywhere.   Nope not getting the foldering stock on it either.   Was going to order 2 but after shot not impressed.   I would really think about buying one for a few years until the get all the problems worked out of it.  \

But in all in all, I do have to say thanks to SIG for bringing something new to the market.

Wrong wrong wrong

At 6.8lbs that isnt heavy at all
The mags are made by SIG and are stackable like 55x series mags, and will even come transparent
Plastic? where? The handguards, pistol grip and stock. Arent AR15's plastic in the same places
And it takes 55x folders with an adaptor
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#13]
That rifle is not a SIG... its a SIG/M4 whorechild.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This Tuesday I am putting up for sale (on consignment) two of my AR15s. The SIG 556 makes AR15s junk, trash, obsolete! Also I am  full of bullshit and do not know what I'm  talking about!

Hey man, I believe every word. Thanks for the report.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#15]
i came back from shot this afternoon, and i also was psych'd about examining the 556...
i have mixed feelings about the 556:
pros: kudos to sig for giving the civvie market the 55x rifle.  and given sig's engineering stds and outstanding customer service, and responsiveness to public input on products, im sure that the rifle will be well built and have features that just plain make sense (ie, ar15 mag compatibility, etc.)  but.....
cons:  its ugly, and not very sig like.  the new furniture is too techno imho (lots of pic rails, which i don't really care for), and i don't care for the ar15 collapsible stock on anything other than an ar15.  the top facing pic rail is welded onto the receiver (w/ no rear irons), and it rises about an inch.  didn't care for that either...i'd prefer a low profile pic rail, and a traditional 550 rear iron sights (its a well designed rear sight and it should be on there).  also, its a really nose heavy rifle esp w/ all the doodads attached to the hg pic rails (but thats inherent in the design, sig usa really cant do much about it....the orig 550 is also very front heavy).

while i am quite the sig fan, i was kinda disappointed with the sig 556 (maybe because it was sooo hyped before i got to the show today....)  im sure its a great rifle, but i guess im a purist (i am a c&r collector) and i like the original incarnation of the sig 550 w/o the techie look.

i did pickup similar fn scar-l and the robinson xcr, and i liked those better (as far as ergonomics and weight distribution are concerned)....they were also more "understated" in styling compared to the 556....even the fn, which i expected to be quite raygun like if the f2000 and p90 were to be the insipiration....
as it stands, im leaning twds the robinson xcr over the 556 right now.....but that would change if the scar-l becomes avail.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Its FRONT heavy and unbalanced.  FACT.   Did say over all weight.   The mags are NOT made by SIG they are made in Isreal as told to me by the SIG rep.  Asked about the getting a folding stock and he also stated its not going to happen because LEO like the AR type stock.   Also that lower is no way close to the quality as the 550.   Trigger seemed alright but would have to live fire it.

The Swiss stamp the upper receiver 14 times in production.    Also have heard from a good source,  that has worked with Swiss Arms on the 550 in the US,  that SIG arms would like to have every 550/551 recalled so that we wont have the two to compare too.  

I was looking forward to this rifle more then most.  But after it was in my hands and in front of my eyes,  did not like it.  Looking for a 10 and came away with a 4.5.    This thing could not carry the 550/551 or the SCAR's jock strap.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i came back from shot this afternoon, and i also was psych'd about examining the 556...
i have mixed feelings about the 556:
pros: kudos to sig for giving the civvie market the 55x rifle.  and given sig's engineering stds and outstanding customer service, and responsiveness to public input on products, im sure that the rifle will be well built and have features that just plain make sense (ie, ar15 mag compatibility, etc.)  but.....
cons:  its ugly, and not very sig like.  the new furniture is too techno imho (lots of pic rails, which i don't really care for), and i don't care for the ar15 collapsible stock on anything other than an ar15.  the top facing pic rail is welded onto the receiver (w/ no rear irons), and it rises about an inch.  didn't care for that either...i'd prefer a low profile pic rail, and a traditional 550 rear iron sights (its a well designed rear sight and it should be on there).  also, its a really nose heavy rifle esp w/ all the doodads attached to the hg pic rails (but thats inherent in the design, sig usa really cant do much about it....the orig 550 is also very front heavy).

while i am quite the sig fan, i was kinda disappointed with the sig 556 (maybe because it was sooo hyped before i got to the show today....)  im sure its a great rifle, but i guess im a purist (i am a c&r collector) and i like the original incarnation of the sig 550 w/o the techie look.

i did pickup similar fn scar-l and the robinson xcr, and i liked those better (as far as ergonomics and weight distribution are concerned)....they were also more "understated" in styling compared to the 556....even the fn, which i expected to be quite raygun like if the f2000 and p90 were to be the insipiration....
as it stands, im leaning twds the robinson xcr over the 556 right now.....but that would change if the scar-l becomes avail.....

Have the same feelings about the subject.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#18]
The 556 does make anything obsolete.  The AR15 is the same generation of rifle.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe he ought to create SIG556.com
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm interested in seeing the DIFFERENT variations of it, rather than the pics posted on Sigforums.  THAT rifle sucked!  

I'm hoping the SWAT will be what I'm looking for.  Otherwise, Oh well...  Sig gets no money from me.

I'm hoping for a short folding stock, receiver mounted rail (mounted directly atop the receiver, NO spacers), fixed rear diopter sight (ala 55X), and a 4 rail short handguard.  I don't need an extra long handguard throwing the weight all the way out to the end.  This will give me a shorter sight radius, but that's alright.  While I appreciate them giving us a threaded barrel instead of the one-piece barrel/flash hider of the 55X series, I LIKE the 55X flash hider look.  Give me one of those with AR threads!  Of course, the REAL trick will be to make the rear sight and front sight co-witness with an Eotech.  I think this last part will be impossible, but nice!  

If they did this, then maybe I'll have to pick one up.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The mags are NOT made by SIG they are made in Isreal as told to me by the SIG rep.

WTF?

Orlites?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Its FRONT heavy and unbalanced.  FACT.   Did say over all weight.   The mags are NOT made by SIG they are made in Isreal as told to me by the SIG rep.  Asked about the getting a folding stock and he also stated its not going to happen because LEO like the AR type stock.   Also that lower is no way close to the quality as the 550.   Trigger seemed alright but would have to live fire it.

The Swiss stamp the upper receiver 14 times in production.    Also have heard from a good source,  that has worked with Swiss Arms on the 550 in the US,  that SIG arms would like to have every 550/551 recalled so that we wont have the two to compare too.  

I was looking forward to this rifle more then most.  But after it was in my hands and in front of my eyes,  did not like it.  Looking for a 10 and came away with a 4.5.    This thing could not carry the 550/551 or the SCAR's jock strap.

I made a bet that the AR15 crowd would be more pissed than the HK crowed over the 556, but never did I think people would start making shit up.

So now we should believe that Sig is engaged in a conspiracy to hide the 551/550/552 from public view, george orwell style, so the masses will accept the 556, even though SIG has a contract for several million dollars with the federal .gov to supply the DHS/DOJ/FBI

This gets better by the minute

And how are the mags outsourced to Orlite when SIG hasnt even finalized the design yet. R&D is still ongoing in NH and will be manufactured in the USA in NH at the SIG plant.

The new official campaign for 556 haters. Associate it with all the companies ARFCOM hates: Oralite, Thermold, TAPCO. haha, priceless

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Until they give me something that looks like a SIG and not a bastardized rifle full of TAPCO shit, I ain't buyin' it, and I know a lot of people feel the same way.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Until they give me something that looks like a SIG and not a bastardized rifle full of TAPCO shit, I ain't buyin' it, and I know a lot of people feel the same way.  

+1

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The new official campaign for 556 haters. Associate it with all the companies ARFCOM hates: Oralite, Cheaper Than Dirt, First Samco, Fobus, Thermold, TAPCO. haha, priceless

Get it right
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2. Can't believe this is what Sig is giving us..........
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
are you on the SIG payroll?

+1
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#28]
The 556 is another wanabe that uses AK technology to try to make the AR15/M16 look obsolete.

How many more of these rifles are there going to be?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+1
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I like the rifle sig 556. But don't like the m4 stock they have on it. I sure a ace stock will fix that. The parts they added the grip and stock look like a tapco parts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+1

+ ELEVENTYBILLION.  I was hoping for a semi version of the LEO model I've shot.  I loved that carbine.  From the photos, this rifle definitely does look like it came from Tapco.  I would have sold at least one AR to fund one of these (because I have plenty of ARs, not because I think they're obsolete), but after seeing the pics, I'm THROROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED.  Maybe the final product will be more impressive, but this version will not be the source of a light wallet for me.  I'd rather have beer and AR stuff.  

I really hope things will be different later on with the SIG 556, because this isn't the Swiss Arms beauty I played with.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Hmm, lots of misinformation and misunderstanding about the 556, what it is and what SIG intended.

1. The raised rail can be removed. It's held by four screws and can be mounted high or low depending on if you use an inline M4 stock or Folder. It can take the 55x folder with an adaptor. Cheek weld will change if you use an inline M4 stock (higher rail) or folder (lower rail) so a moduler rail system was needed.

2. The handguard can be swapped for the classic 55x handguard. They are compatible, no adaptor is needed. The current handguard, grip and stock are provided by FAB Defense and isnt finalized. They were added for illustrative purposes only

3. You can swap out front sight for the 55x frontsight with tritium

4. The 55x folder can not be directly mounted without an adaptor

5. SIG hasnt decided if they want to use 55x barrels with integrated flash hiders or 556 barrels that accept ar15 muzzle devices

6. You can use 55x FAL style grips, no adaptor needed

7. The lower is anodized aluminum, not plastic

8. SIG is designing and doing the R&D for the 556 mags in Exeter, NH. They are not made in Israel

9. No plans for a 55x 1913 drum sight for the 556 is planned yet

10. The only elements that are near finalized are the steel upper, anodized aluminum lower with M16 mags (mag release fence and safety markings not added yet), modular upper rail system, and action

11. The 556 is legal for sale in the USA and is made in Exeter, NH, and is stamped accordingly.

12. The upper is the serialized weapon portion. It is unknown if it will fit the 55x lowers
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:05:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

This Tuesday I am putting up for sale (on consignment) two of my AR15s. The SIG 556 makes AR15s junk, trash, obsolete!

Take Care Guys…

MP5 Machinenpistole

If this is your ad for selling your AR's, - I will give you $10.00 each for them.
I mean, if you know they are obsolete, trash &  junk, surely you would not misrepresent them as something else.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:30:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Can someone tell me if the 556 will have a chrome lined barrel?  I suspect it will not since the originals were not chrome lined.  But who knows, since Sig put alot of AR stuff on the 556 then maybe they will add the chrome lining too.  I wish the rifle would have been more like the original, but I'd still buy one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:45:21 AM EDT
[#35]
I see Colt is still up to its "Civilian" friendly ways
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:51:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
12. The upper is the serialized weapon portion. It is unknown if it will fit the 55x lowers

That's going to be a problem.  You will need an FFL transaction (paper) every time you want a new configuration.

ARs can be built off paper so easily it's not even funny.  And once you have a lower, uppers come in the mail direct to your house.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hmm, lots of misinformation and misunderstanding about the 556, what it is and what SIG intended.

1. The raised rail can be removed. It's held by four screws and can be mounted high or low depending on if you use an inline M4 stock or Folder. It can take the 55x folder with an adaptor. Cheek weld will change if you use an inline M4 stock (higher rail) or folder (lower rail) so a moduler rail system was needed.

2. The handguard can be swapped for the classic 55x handguard. They are compatible, no adaptor is needed. The current handguard, grip and stock are provided by FAB Defense and isnt finalized. They were added for illustrative purposes only

5. SIG hasnt decided if they want to use 55x barrels with integrated flash hiders or 556 barrels that accept ar15 muzzle devices

8. SIG is designing and doing the R&D for the 556 mags in Exeter, NH. They are not made in Israel

10. The only elements that are near finalized are the steel upper, anodized aluminum lower with M16 mags (mag release fence and safety markings not added yet), modular upper rail system, and action

11. The 556 is legal for sale in the USA and is made in Exeter, NH, and is stamped accordingly.

All I gotta say, is you BETTER be correct!  If this post is more "misinformation" I'm going to puke!  Finally, I'm getting good news!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#38]
I think the misinformation about the mags comes from the fact that the furnature in it's current incarnation comes from FAB Defense which is Israli.

Personally I can give the 556 a pass for the ugly furnature but I am most disturbed by the AR stock/absence of a folder (and adaptors never work well).  Of course if they had done the standard Sig 55X folder I GUARANTEE folks would be whineing about it not having an AR type collapsing stock (just look at the feedback for the XCR). A SCAR style stock would have been much more in order as it seems to combine the best of both worlds.

Still I'm glad to see a piston driven assault rifle that isn't another damn reverse engineered AR upper.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey the horse's mouth at the shot show said the were made in Israel.  and they look exactly like the orlite I use to have.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#40]
SIG 556 the new COOLAID
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Is SIG shitting their pants over this latest version of "Give people what we want them to have, instead of what they obviously want" and trying to spin this?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey the horse's mouth at the shot show said the were made in Israel.  and they look exactly like the orlite I use to have.

Who gives a crap what magazine it comes with? For 10 years everyone shipped guns with retarded 10-rounders too.  If it comes with a cheap mag, just use regular AR mags and get over it.  

I wasn't at shot, and haven't handled it, so if it handles poorly and has a bunch of crap added to it that doesn't belong, then I probably won't like it.  But since the magazine isn't a part of its mechanism, and is easily replaced with the eleventy billion AR mags out there, I can't understand why you'd make such a fuss.

I am more interested in the SCAR and XCR anyway, but I'm happy to see more stuff hit the market.  It's about freakin' time!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#43]
i dnot think that sig is really ignoring what the public wants on the 556...but rather is just offering a flashy prototype.   i didn't seem to recall anyone on sigforum.com (which has some sig usa employees as members) starting threads on us made civvie 55x features desired......only threads mentioning that there was great interest in a us made 55x.  if sig was monitoring the threads, then they'd be kinda brainstorming in a vacuum because there wasn't much discussion of what deviant features people wanted (i think most silently assumed it would be just like the 550)....
i can understand (though i dont like most of them) the features they put on...
ar15 collabsible?  leos and the homegrown "chevy" ar15 crowds are used to the manual of arms for this type of stock....plus its got several versions out there that are compatible with the buffer tube....so its eminently modular in that respect.  compatibility w/ existing hardware is a good thing as a selling point and quicker to get to market if its one less thing to engineer/mfg.
pic rails all over?  well, rail mounted accessories are all the rage.
"tapco" styling?  hmmmm, ill bet that sig needed furniture with impact for the prototype at the shot show, so i bet they took stylistic liberties for the show only (hopefully).....hmm, this aint the sema show, and marketing to teenagers isnt on the future program.....sig prolly is saying..."oops"
right now....
while i was diappointed in the prototype offering, i really do think that sig will be responsive to public opinion before release of the product....unless they signed the contract w/ fab for production of the furniture
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Some of the bashing of this  rifle from SIG is unnecessary, we should be welcoming them back from this long hiatus (1989) when they left the market due to Bush EO and later import ban.  If I recall correctly they cost nearly $3000 for the 550 series back then.  To get us something in the $1300 to $1800 range with more functionality is really remarkable. There are a lot of ARFcom folks who have spent what, $1000+ for a LW or POF gas piston upper.  Those systems have not been tested for more than 20 years like the SIG system has, and I think SIG has proven themselves with their handguns to be able to make things well here in the USA by good ol' US workers just as well as they do in Germany or Switzerland. So you SIG bashers looking at the leaves and not the forest take a close look at the heart of this gun and it is every bit the SIG the 550/1 is.  The rest is cosmetics.  

I like the 556 and ordered up the SWAT version with railed forearm, flush receiver rail.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's going to be a problem.  You will need an FFL transaction (paper) every time you want a new configuration.

ARs can be built off paper so easily it's not even funny.  And once you have a lower, uppers come in the mail direct to your house.

How so? Why couldnt you just build any configuration around a 556 upper, just as you could with a AR15 lower.

Example: Would there be any issue with me buying a non weapon-55x lower to mate with a serialized-556 upper. Why couldnt the 55x lower come to my house in the mail  just like an AR15 upper?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All I gotta say, is you BETTER be correct!  If this post is more "misinformation" I'm going to puke!  Finally, I'm getting good news!

It's all true verified and posted on SIGforum.com which is the best resource for SIG information, not ARFCOM GD where most of wrong info has come from
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's all true verified and posted on SIGforum.com which is the best resource for SIG information, not ARFCOM GD where most of wrong info has come from

I'm not in the habit of pre-ordering stuff, so I'll have to wait until I get to see/hold a SWAT version.  But if it's as good as I am hoping, I will be getting one.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Not even a scuff on the plastic mag huh... did you throw it down on carpet or something???

I might buy one if they are priced right.  I have to see one first though.  I'll wait for a few range reports as well.  I'm not going to spend $800-$1200 on a jam-o-matic...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so? Why couldnt you just build any configuration around a 556 upper, just as you could with a AR15 lower.

Example: Would there be any issue with me buying a non weapon-55x lower to mate with a serialized-556 upper. Why couldnt the 55x lower come to my house in the mail  just like an AR15 upper?

Think about it.  There's little one can do to customize a lower.  Change stocks is about it.  Uppers are a different story.  Different barrel lengths, different forearms, different sights.  With an AR, I can buy one or two lowers (off paper if I want to, since they are available everywhere from private citizens) and from there on, every new upper is a non-firearm purchase (unelss you get an SBR).

The SIG is the other way around.  Got a 16",  want a 20"? > FFL transfer.  Want an 18"? > FFL transfer.  Want two of the same length, with different forearms? > FFL transfer.

No thanks.  They put the serial number on the wrong half of the gun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top