User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The El Paso paper has been all around on this story for the last few weeks.   Seems to me, if I remember correctly, the consensus is that the guys that appeared (in a single shooting incident) in Mexican Army uniforms were actually cartel members in conterfeit uniforms?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
From kfox:
"After this latest incident on Tuesday night, the U.S. Border Patrol reports that they were contacted by Mexican authorities who admitted the men were Mexican soldiers. Border Patrol Assistant Chief Robert Boatright told KFOX "Mexican officials got in touch with our Mexican liaison unit to advise us that they had requested the assistance of the Mexican military and that they were down in Hudspeth County." But he tells us this contact only occurred after the Mexican soldiers had been spotted by the Sheriff's Deputy."

http://www.kfoxtv.com/bordersecurity/6666879/detail.html
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
thats what they want you to believe, I saw first hand on how the Mex military is corrupt as it can get.  Our own Represenative here in EL Paso thinks that we are just blowing smoke up his ass and he doesnt think that there is a problem at all.  I wish we could get all the eqmt that you guys are suggesting but in REALITY i have to arm myself to make sure that i make it home everynight.  Thats why i am open to any suggestion that you guys might have for me on where to get some of the eqpmt i need.  Thank you again for all your support, its really a blessing to know that many people understand my situation and are hoping for the best.  Thanks guys, you are my release valve to all the BULLSHIT that i have to put up with here.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks so much for doing such a dirty job!  You guys are truly doing the work of american heros.

More power to ya!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
TOT would be nice
Law Dog a 4x ACOG would be perfect for you terrain. Take Troy's advice and find some good ammo, 75 gr HornadyTAPS for 1/7 twist barrels or  Federal TRU 69 SMK - Black Hills 68 gr for 1/9 twist barrels. A Surefire handguard rail with G2 light would be nice. A good sling like a Viking Tactics is a great choice. Also Viking makes a great light mout for the G2. Buy a crap load of a MAGS and something to carry them with. Be sure to convince your SGT that your will not try a Alamo reenactment.

ACOG

Ammo

Surefire handguard

Light

Light mount

Sling

MAGS
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I say we get some real badasses from Iraq. Just a few.... enough for..

(3) Hummers w/.50s
(2) Abrahms
(1) AH-64 Apache
(3) Strikers

Imagine that shit rolling up on some cartel members... or better yet... tack on a A-10 flying border patrol.

But in reality, where do I sign? If it was an option I'd go down there to kick some ass if required.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
C130 spectre anyone?  Even some armor, haul it around by truck and shoot from the trailer.  What about predator?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
LAW_DOG, I'm local at Bliss, IM sent...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#9]
thankyou!  for your patronage!  you guys are the part of the backbone of our country and are knee deep in shit every day! as for the Ar.   buy at least 10   labelle/ D&h  mags . practice shooting!  also consider a M1A as a option!  hard hitter and shoots sweet.  i have both and would never go into a situation without  either one!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Go across the pay bridge and torch all the clubs on the strip, and then the "Pheonix" pyramid club farther in Juarez, and then dig yourself a foxhole and buy a VEPR K... cause the cartels will know you mean business.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#11]
You need a 16inch 3-9 power scoped Savage 10fp in .308  You are not gonna want to crowd the bad guys. They have firepower on their side and no real laws. In a fire fight with them you'll want to take the crew served turreted heavy weapons out of the fight immediatly. Learn to shoot portugese ammo accuratly at 100m+, Learn about cover ETC... Dont go out and get a 26 x scope for this. For battle you need a field of view. When you are mounting the scope use locktite on every screw. It is a short little package with a punch.... and have your partner cary the M4gery if he wants to support you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The El Paso paper has been all around on this story for the last few weeks.   Seems to me, if I remember correctly, the consensus is that the guys that appeared (in a single shooting incident) in Mexican Army uniforms were actually cartel members in conterfeit uniforms?

Mass graves are found all over Juarez periodically.

One of them, when i lived in ElPaso, was found in the backyard that was owned by a mexican federal policeman (federali). It was a small one though. Had less than 50 bodies.

Girls from the ages of 11 to 19 have come up missing, close to 800. And that was the known count as of 2 years ago. When they find them, their neck and chest are cannabalized.

Mexican military drug runners probably have time cards and law-mandated coffee breaks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#14]
href=.458 SOCOM

href=Trijicon Reflex

href=GripPod

href=.458 SOCOM FAQ

If everything fails than use General Electric XM214 Minigun (Mounted on Crown Vic) http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Machine-Guns/GE_XM214_Minigun-2.jpg

Thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to the board.  When I was on Active Duty I was once stationed at Fort Bliss and there is no way, given the current resources and political will to seriously enforce the border.  It is absolute fantasy to think that Law Enforcement officers could successfully engage a trained military.  This is not only a Federal disgrace but I would bet that if LE did engage, your department and the local courts would hang you out to dry.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:14:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe Knob Creek can buy some land along the border?
Whats better than free reactive targets?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#17]
To reply to stick out congress man is Slyvestre Reyes  he has been in office for the past 6 yrs and now the people of El Paso are tired of his shit especially of what he said about the situation but we are going to have to have a write in contender to compete with him.  
Plus i am a full-time Deputy Sheriff on the force have been for the past 4 yrs.  We are only allowed to carry our Glock 22, an Ar-15. Thats it thats all that policy allows us to carry
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#18]
"the congressman are so blind that our represenative from here in my town told Gov. Rick Perry that we were making too much of the situation, he said that there is no way that the Mex Military would help the smugglers cross the dope."

Rather than checking your represenatives eyesight you might be better to check their pockets, you might be supprised at what you find. Be careful who you piss off on both sides of the border. This whole drug thing is WAY deeper then you want to believe. Be careful and trust few.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Didn't the feds just pass some huge bill that is going place a multi billion dollar fence across the border?

There is a "fence" there now - it is a -4 strand barbed wire one - with lots of holes in it & in washes you can do the limbo right under it !  ,   fences wont work - in places like AZ., N.M. -- terrain is to rugged for a fence - of any type !

NO BUT MINES WILL!!! my personal opinion is that they should mine the border; i grew up in texas (near Brownsville) so i have my feelings about mexico which i will no discuss in this forum.

as far as a weapon, personally you don't stand a chance against a .50 cal unless you're running a MK19 grenade launcher (good luck with that).  Snipers w/ M21, 24, 40's would be a good idea also record this shit and if your dept has there hands tied send it to your congressman.  An M4, 16, ar, whatever really does nothing for you; take iraq or somalia for example kids would laugh at you when you pointed your M4 at them, but boy if you pulled that billy club out or piece of pipe and proceeded towards them they could run like hell and if you caught one make sure you beat this shit out of them good for them to go tell there buddies. i have no patients for people like that or drug dealers personally if that .50 cal gunner had that gun pointed at you; that is a show of force and in most instances would require drastic action; thus if you're gonna shoot smoke that fawker first.  now i will get off my soapbox--i get pretty heated about mexico topics...laters, Eric
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#20]
This I believe.

Quoted:
"the congressman are so blind that our represenative from here in my town told Gov. Rick Perry that we were making too much of the situation, he said that there is no way that the Mex Military would help the smugglers cross the dope."

Rather than checking your represenatives eyesight you might be better to check their pockets, you might be supprised at what you find. Be careful who you piss off on both sides of the border. This whole drug thing is WAY deeper then you want to believe. Be careful and trust few.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#21]
LAW_DOG, I am a LEO on the Arizona/Mexico border. I've made it a policy to deploy my AR everytime I'm out of the car near the line. We've had random shots fired at LEO's here too, but the brush around the river makes it impossible to tell where the BG's are at. And BLM won't allow us to burn the NON-NATIVE brush so we can see them We have a low water level and get delta tango's all the time.....

For light vehicles I would prefer to use a 7.62 platform, and given a choice I'd use a M1A Scout. I don't have a choice so I use a 11.5 inch AR topped with an AimPoint, light and plenty of batteries. Duty ammo consists of 55 grain Winnie PowerPoints and I have several backup mags loaded with 75 grain Hornandy TAP.

I'll second Stick's suggestion that you have designated marksmen set up for any incidents within sight of the border, deploy them to watch your ass and take action if necessary.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Law_Dog:

1. Thank you.
2. I hope that you are not alone when you are out there - sure would be nice to have at least one 7.62 cover man.
3. As I am sure you have - think probabilty of what you might encounter, think worst case - do what you can for both.
3. The minimum things I would want if I exited the car:
- Chest harness - rollout ready with:
- Min of 4 quality (tested) 30 round mags
- Quality (tested) ammo
- Quality optic that I was confident with (any of the following ACOG, Aimpoint, EOthingy) a BUIS would be prudent as well
- Communications

Things that would be nice:
More loaded mags
Plates
White light
First aid / blow out kit
Navigation
Water
Binos (small)
Note book / pencil
Snivel

Worst case - isolated, alone, outgunned, being hunted, and being on foot - esp on the wrong side of the line.

Clear your gear / thoughts with your department - while we all appreciate what you are doing, you also need to think about your family and your future. Don't mess that up just b/c some fat cats in D.C. don't see the need.  Although they will once a few backpack devices are detonated in metro USA.

Good luck / be safe

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Where the F*CK is our MILITARY!?

I mean, of all the reasons we even have a military at all, protecting our borders is the FIRST and FOREMOST!

Congress and our other leaders better make this top priority! We need to do our part as citizens and call them and email them, but it SHOULD NOT take us to encourage them to protect us.

Can't we at least get some friggin snipers down there?

LAW_DOG, thanks for all you and your fellow troopers do for us! God Bless you! We appreciate your efforts to keep us safe!

It's time to build a "shitty" wall!!!

sorry for the hijack, but this type of shit is so blatantly unacceptable
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#24]
The minutemen seemed pretty effective in the areas they covered.  Now if a similar militia were given permission to fire on anyone crossing the border, i'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#25]
How about some  extra training in addition to good quality gear. I am on Trident Concepts mailing list and noticed this is being held in TX.

Trident Concepts, LLC

Carbine Operators Course (COC)

Upcoming High Intensity Training...

San Antonio, TX March 6-8, 2006 We will be conducting are rigorours carbine training
program, the Carbine Operators Course (COC) in San
Antonio, TX. This will be an excellent
opportunity to get some time in one of the most
demanding and challenging training classes currently
available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Carbine Operator's Course is a 3-day course
designed for the tactical operator that will
reinforce the combative fundamentals with the
service carbine by habituating correct technique
through our unique approach of static then dynamic
training. We emphasize “excellence in technique”
through zero defects mechanics. It is structured to
use extended range sessions to reinforce proper
technique and establish conditioned responses. The
methodology of our programs is to introduce, develop
then refine training techniques through quality
instruction, structured training and high repetitions.

The operator is held accountable through performance
standards that are graded evolutions which emphasize
the combination of accuracy and speed. The
individual will be required to perform in the most
realistic setting safe training will allow, so
standard equipment and loadouts will be worn at all
times. The various drills become progressively more
challenging forcing the individual to continually
improve by refining their own technique. Minimum
qualifying score will be 80% and successfully
passing will be 70% or better on the final
performance standards test.

Learn more... - rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=cvrb8sbab.0.9i7he6n6.fnjbb8n6.3002&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tridentconcepts.com%2FFirearms%2FCarbine%2FCombative%2520Carbine.htm%23Carbine%2520Operators%2520Course%2520%28COC%29
About Trident Concepts, LLC

Trident Concepts, LLC. specializes in researching and
developing reality based training. We provide
our training programs under the watchful eye of our
qualified staff whose goal is to better your combat
readiness. We have brought the same high intensity
training mindset and success from Naval Special
Warfare and offer it here in our training programs.
Drawing from our extensive experiences we provide
battle proven techniques that when mastered give the
end user the decided advantage. Constantly
testing and evaluating new techniques, tactics and
procedures (TTP) ensures the end product is the
best. We are the clearinghouse for effective
strategies used today by the nation's elite.

Trident Concepts, LLC
Jeff Gonzales
Director of Training

email: [email protected]
phone: (928) 925-7038
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#26]
First of all, Thank You, SIR! You do a job that is paramount to our country's survival, yet overlooked by the populace AND our government.    Secondly, does anyone else here think that a group of armed citizens should be allowed(with some broder patrol supervision) to take on the task of guarding the borders of our country?  If the government doesn't want to pony up to hire more full time people, I think there are many people that would be willing to lend a hand.  BTW, an ARFCOM shoot down in that area would be to some good effect too, I'd wager....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I can believe that they are cartel members.  I don't believe that they are pretending to be mexican army.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top