Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 11:03:21 AM EDT
brownells has them for $4 .  wandering if there as good as the  jp kit at $8.  i dont want to do the 15 min trigger job.  anyone know what the pull sposed to be with them.  it didnt say in the book.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used them-light primer strikes abound.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Try cutting down a old hammer take of the back of the hook like this and it will run fine. I am using he JP yellow spring kit in one of my guns with my cut  down hammer and had no light strikes at all even a Beta dump
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
made your own jp low mass hammer huh?  to get of fthe subject, is that a cut down 20" of a factory dissy.  i want to make one of them too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes saved me alot of money when all they do is the same thing and sell it for alot of cash. The upper is a Bushmaster Dissy 16" with the M4  barrel setup. The trigger pull is very nice for only $10 . Just let me know if you want some picks of my hammer if you want to go the cheap and affective way.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Pics please.  What did you use to cut it?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#6]
A diamond cut off disc. U could use just a dremal with cut of disc or a good hacksaw then just clean it up, when done oil it and your done. I will get pics up soon but it look just like the JP one in my pics.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I might have to try that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#8]
i just went to jp's site and they want $49 bucks for teh speed hammer. granted the new one is all laser cut and hardend and whatnot.  its also for n jp website, "The JP Speed Hammer is not compatible with standard M15 trigger parts. "  what good is that for a POOR mans trigger job.  im going to get alot of springs and hammers and cut them on the mill and sell them.  mine will be compatable with m15 parts.  dont colt make a competition hammer that is the same thing.  50 bucks for a hammer
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Here U go.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
brownells has them for $4 .  wandering if there as good as the  jp kit at $8.  i dont want to do the 15 min trigger job.  anyone know what the pull sposed to be with them.  it didnt say in the book.

As a quick check when I first saw these, I loaded up 1000 55gn soldiers with CCI military primers and equiped one of my rifles with these springs.  Zero, I repeat, ZERO failures in that first 1K.  Since then I have put over 7.5K rounds through that same rifle, same springs.  Not one recorded (and I'm in aviation maintenance, and I keep ANAL log books) light primer strikes.  This rifle is my test mule for ammo.  

They work fine, last a long time.

Tom  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a cutting attachment for my dremel and lopped off part of the hammer-looks just like M4's pic-I expect good things out of this setup-now off to the range.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top