Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:48:55 PM EDT
Yeap purchase a lower parts kit at a local gun show and when I opened the package the hammer was missing called them and they did not belive me, the package was factory sealed the guy I spoke to told me they was going to send me one ,well they never did...oh well my loss but I tellyou this I will never ever buy any thing with the DPMS name........yeap they suck and they lie good customer service.......F--- them
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks man.  

I've only used two DPMS products, in two seperate builds.  A lower and a LPK.  Luckily I didn't have your luck.  I generally stay away from them because of all the bad press.  The builds were for other people I was helping.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I once had a bad selector (too much finish).  They made it right immediately.

I like 'em.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice post -you got ripped off at a gun show and you blame the manufacture
If you wanted a factory sealed package buy it from a factory or authorized dealer not some asshat at a nickel and dime show. -
Don’t even consider the fact that your decision of who to buy from had any thing to do with the outcome of the transaction.

Maybe this post should say "I got ripped off at a gun show and its my fault."
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you wanted a factory sealed package buy it from a factory or authorized dealer not some asshat at a nickel and dime show. -
Don’t even consider the fact that your decision of who to buy from had any thing to do with the outcome of the transaction.

+1

I've bought a bunch of stuff from DPMS and it's all been fine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
A guy at Cabelas was looking at a used AR from the used gun rack.
It's on the floor not behind the counter and basically you can fondle the guns.
He said "do you keep the bolt carriers units behind the counter?"
Somebody had stolen the entire bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice post -you got ripped off at a gun show and you blame the manufacturehorizedDon’t even consider the fact that your decision of who to buy from had any thing to do with the outcome of the transaction.

Most of the guns show I go to have respected dealers at them. I don't know where you've been going or how the guns shows are in your area. It could have easily been overlooked by DPMS when packaging the product.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
The dealer that you bought it from should be responsible for making it right with you.  You cant blame the guy's at DPMS for not believing you.  If you bought it straight from DPMS and there was a problem then yes by all means put the blame on them, but you cant in this case.

Weazer
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
like I said the package was a blister type factory sealed, so that been said the the jury reached a unanimous desision they suck.........
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Some of you are unbeleivable.  DPMS shorted my brother 2 parts in his POS parts kit.  Neither of us will buy from them anymore either.  It's not the dealers fault DPMS can't put all their parts in their bag.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
like I said the package was a blister type factory sealed, so that been said the the jury reached a unanimous desision they suck.........

Please tell me this wasn't the type of "blister pack" you're talking about?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#11]
looks like it but only had all the parts on one bag and only  the grip was separed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/THR-Thumper/Lowers1536x1152.jpg

I'm not quite sure, but to me it would be very easy to tell if the hammer was there before the purchase.  If it was indeed the same packaging.  

Weazer
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not quite sure, but to me it would be very easy to tell if the hammer was there before the purchase.  If it was indeed the same packaging.  

Weazer

no the package was diferent
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Well..................................what kind of package was it????????????????

ETA I have bought two of the above pictured blister packs and one had the disco spring missing.  I called DPMS and the sent me one with no questions asked.  AS to why they would not believe you and risk your business is strange to me.  It seems like there have been quite a few of the "gun show DPMS LPK's" which have been short a part or have a part which is out of spec.  Maybe DPMS needs to go on the record and say that if it isn't in the DPMS blister pack it isn't a DPMS LPK.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Did you really pay $69.95 for those LPK's? They're only $59 direct from DPMS with free shipping...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you really pay $69.95 for those LPK's? They're only $59 direct from DPMS with free shipping...

No.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the same thing but didn't have the heart to ask.  I paid $45 direct from them at a gunshow.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the same thing but didn't have the heart to ask.  I paid $45 direct from them at a gunshow.

I paid less for those.

Be nice...the guy who priced those is a member here.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I have two DPMS rifles and have never had an issue with thier service. ....on my second rifle, i notice a slight crak in the lower mag well about 7 months after purchase. They mailed a new lower to my dealer, he swapped it with the old one, no questions asked. They didn't even charge me for shipping.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
looks like it but only had all the parts on one bag and only  the grip was separed.

your joking right. dude all DPMS parts come in the packs above your post. so dont come bitching about how you got shorted a hammer from DPMS stay away from the gun shows and there is a better chance you wont get jacked with
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#21]
If you really want it I got a dpms hammer sitting right here doing nothing.. free to you if they allow me to throw it in a regular envelope to ship.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Nice post -you got ripped off at a gun show and you blame the manufacturehorizedDon’t even consider the fact that your decision of who to buy from had any thing to do with the outcome of the transaction.

There are numerous Factory dealers at the gun shows I go to. You sound like one of those expensive ass fatcory dealers thats to good to go to a gun show cause everyone would see how expensive you  are. One would still be better off buying the gun missing the part and then buying the part than pay your rip off prices. I have quit buying from all the ripoff gun stores with the exception of one in my state. And even then I get all my ammo and dudades on line.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Most of the DPMS factory kits at our local gun shop are shrink-wrapped to a cardboard backing, so you can SEE everything in the package!! How do you miss a hammer??
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#24]
georgejetson,

Ok, you bought a lower parts kit at a gunshow that was missing the hammer and blame DPMS because they don't send you a hammer.

Lower parts kit from DPMS $59.95

Missing hammer from kit $20.00

Please keep in mind that the kit was not purchased directly from DPMS but from some guy selling them at a gunshow.

Then you get mad because you call DPMS and say "I bought a lower parts kit from a gunshow missing a hammer, give me one free".

If I had a company and someone demanded parts with no receipt or proof of purchase I would tell them to get bent!Just my 2 pennys.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yeap purchase a lower parts kit at a local gun show and when I opened the package the hammer was missing called them and they did not belive me, the package was factory sealed the guy I spoke to told me they was going to send me one ,well they never did...oh well my loss but I tellyou this I will never ever buy any thing with the DPMS name........yeap they suck and they lie good customer service.......F--- them

The DPMS LPK factory seal is a bunch of staples. I bought a DPMS LPK with the plastic "GI Joe" blister packaging and all of my parts came with the LPK. Of course, I did buy it from a reputable vendor (Brownells).
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:11:14 AM EDT
[#26]
I just got a new Bushy, . . . . the trigger guard is plastic!
I emailed them and told them I want a metal one. . . (free of course)
They emailed me back that same day and asked for serial number and an address. . .
Its on the way. . . . .

Just be nice and ask nicely. . . . always works for me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most of the DPMS factory kits at our local gun shop are shrink-wrapped to a cardboard backing, so you can SEE everything in the package!! How do you miss a hammer??

That is NOT factory packaging.

This is factory DPMS packaging:

If you got a plastic bag with a bunch of parts in there, chances are it is any generic LPK, UNLESS it was from a reputable vendor who may have done this to save on shipping costs (a small bag is much smaller than a big honking blister pack).
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Yet another example of some gun show jerkoff packaging up cheap chinese parts and selling them as name brand.

If you don't know what you are looking at  or looking for gun shows can be the worse place in the world to buy parts.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:24:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I've bought a bunch of stuff from DPMS and it's all been fine.

+ another. Love my Southpaw. Will be using more of their stuff on my next build.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.redpulsar.us/~coldfusion/ARFCOM/DPMS_LPK2.jpg
www.redpulsar.us/~coldfusion/ARFCOM/DPMS_LPK1.jpg

If you got a plastic bag with a bunch of parts in there, chances are it is any generic LPK, UNLESS it was from a reputable vendor who may have done this to save on shipping costs (a small bag is much smaller than a big honking blister pack).

The DPMS lower parts kits I bought from Brownells came in a plastic bag, not on a cardboard backed blister pack like you have shown.

It's actually a plastic blister pack with a paper insert, and I did mention that some reputable vendors may just ship it in a bag to save on shipping costs. The DPMS standard hammer does not have a notch. That's a good way to tell if you got DPMS or something else.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I was surprised to get the pack like that. It'd be kind of neat for a dealer to stock LPKs like that on a rack
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I can hear it now:

"dude you sold me a parts kit without the hammer"

Gun show dealer:  "that is the way the SEAL teams are using 'em"

"without a hammer?"

Gun show dealer:  "yea, that's why we had to go up on the price"

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#36]
DPMS rocks.  I just bought 2 lpk's and no issues.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The picture is exactly what I meant!

www.redpulsar.us/~coldfusion/ARFCOM/DPMS_LPK2.jpg
www.redpulsar.us/~coldfusion/ARFCOM/DPMS_LPK1.jpg

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The picture is exactly what I meant!

oh ok!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Is it just me or are alot of shady DPMS hate stories going around.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm pickin up what your putin down.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I've never even seen that packaging before, though there aren't a lot of gunshops that keep LPKs on the racks, unfortunately.

Fulton Armory started doing that as well.  I have one of their new LPK's and it's looks very similar (only with the Fulton Armory logo & name).  I hope all the parts are in it.  I bought it to go with a lower I got for my son.  The package won't be opened till he's ready to assemble the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Word.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I don't hate them, but they are no longer my favorite.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
How do you miss a hammer??

+1
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I've used two DPMS kits to good effect. I was worried about the second one coming in an unmarked plastic bag. I still wonder if it's generic but the hammer and trigger are exact matches for the known DPMS and it works great so I'm 90% sure I got what I paid for. It does seem odd for them to jeoperdize future sales and customer satisfaction by not sending you a hammer. My next kit will be DPMS ordered direct from them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I can't believe we took up two pages of webspace discussing a missing hammer and debatable customer service.  

I personally have at least 3 to 5 sets of stock DPMS trigger parts that you can have.  I took them out and replaced them with RRA two stage triggers.  They are unused.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

the hammer of the dead can easily be missed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

the hammer of the dead can easily be missed.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
. . . purchase a lower parts kit at a local gun show . .

This should explain your problem.  

If you don't want to use thier stuff because of a middle man screwing up, great.  That'll teach 'em.

Good thing you have let emotion overcome sense.  Always a good policy.

Tell your daughter Judy I said , 'Hi.'
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I recently sold a DPMS LPK in a blister pak.  Customer brought it back out of the blister pak , just a bunch of loose parts, saying it was missing the hammer????????????

Another purchased a new factory rifle, when we sell a new factory rifle, we inventory everything in front of the customer, everything.  So, he comes back claiming it didn't have the two magazines, sling or cleaning kit??????????????????

Another purchased a tricked out factory new DPMS.  He and I discussed all the features on it, I gave him a receipt with it clearly marked as a .223 - 5.56 MM.  He brings it back the next day because he thought it was a .308?????????????????  I halfway believe him because he traded it for a .308.

In my experience there are far more rip off customers than dealers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top