Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2006 6:18:36 PM EDT

I just received a C1 buttstock kit.  It was one of the factory seconds from DSG Arms (a great value if your looking for an A1 OD green buttstock dsgarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=762&CFID=139300&CFTOKEN=89834854)

First off, I'm not exactly sure why it is a factory second.  There are no scratches or discolorations at all.  Fit on my AR10 is perfect so I am very happy with it from that standpoint.

My question is to the overall quality of the parts.  Keep in mind, my rifle is used mostly for target shooting and will probably never see much if any kind of abuse.  

The C1 buttstock itself seems a little thin.  I can squeeze the sides and get quite a bit of movement where as the A2 from Armalite doesn't have much flex to it at all.  In defense of the C1, the compartment in the buttstock is bigger due to the lack of foam which may be one reason the A2 seems beefier.  The trapdoor and buttplate are made from a rubbery material rather than the hard plasitc that I am acustomed to.  Very little effort is needed to open the trapdoor which is a concern as to its accidental opening.  The buttstock screw does not have a hole in it like the mil-spec one from Armalite...this is not a big deal to me, just more of a curiosity.  I guess that's all I have to say.  

Anyone else have any comments or experiences with Cav Arms furniture they would like to share?
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several of their stocks, handguards and now a MKII lower. I've never had a problem with anything from them and don't see many complaints around here either. Good stuff in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
As the other guys said, the stocks are top of the line.  Most people don't like the rubber-ish rounded A1 buttplate and use the flat, hard plastic A2 butt plate.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a stock a couple months ago for a new build & was not impressed.  It's in the parts box & I ended up buying a Colt stock. I won't go the Cav Arms route again.

My .02.
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 4:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As the other guys said, the stocks are top of the line.  Most people don't like the rubber-ish rounded A1 buttplate and use the flat, hard plastic A2 butt plate.

As of now that is basically what I have done.  I installed the C1 and used my existing A2 buttplate and trapdoor.  I guess I'll use it for a while and see what happens.

Thanks to all for their input.

Any more opinions and comments are welcome.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top