Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2008 11:58:38 PM EDT
hi guys got this today by trading my smith and wesson MP15a, gotta say I am very happy I did it..got a good price on my trade just added $100..here she is..

Link Posted: 3/16/2008 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#1]
RRA?  Looks good!
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice RRA.  Entry Tactical??   So, what is the upgrade?  Did your M&P not work well, not drop mags free, poor accuracy?  Did you buy both rifles from the same dealer?  Maybe the upgrade was to the dealers wallet
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 5:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]
nice rifle, what was wrong with the S&W/STAG?
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 5:53:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice Rifle!

I don't understand the upgrade part?
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
IMHO this rifle is probably have better parts, and it seemed more accurate and some how very nice to shoot..the upgrade part is personally i think RRA is better than the smith and wesson MP15
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]
yes i got both in one dealer but i know when i bought the smith MP15 i only paid $50 more than the trade he gave me and i shot probably close to 500 rounds on that one so i figure i rented it for $50..
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IMHO this rifle is probably have better parts, and it seemed more accurate and some how very nice to shoot..the upgrade part is personally i think RRA is better than the smith and wesson MP15

What makes you think RRA probably has better parts than S&W? Can you qualify this statement with any facts, or at least tell us why you think RRA's parts are better? S&W meets far more MilSpec requirements than RRA.

I personally think you downgraded. But hey, you did get a snazzy handguard mounted vert grip.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd like to know what you're doing, if you need a rifle that exceeds DEA standards.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#9]
What makes him think its better..like he said its his personal opinion..im tired of the back it up with facts crowd...a personal opinion is just that..how you feel doesnt need to be backed up by fact...so maybe the ready to jump crowd should relaxe.Nice rifle man if you feel good and feel you got a good deal for how you felt well thats all that matters..either way nice rifle.Feel and function is everything in an AR,if it works better and feels better than what you had then you made the right decision for you.

And here we go with closest to mil-spec requirement...unless it was made by Colt or FN is select fire and US Govt marked then nothing is mil-spec no matter how many mil-spec parts are used in a build.You can come close but nothing is more mil-spec than US Military issue.Unless an AR is made according to the TDP then its just an AR15.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#10]
looks the same as the  S&W except for the tactical carry handle..the info i have heard is that S&W uses top quality parts where's the upgrade?that being said nice RRA
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice rifle.  Congratulations.  Hope you like it.

Don't listen to them.  RRA is good stuff.  Older S&Ws had issues.  I think you did good.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What makes him think its better..like he said its his personal opinion..im tired of the back it up with facts crowd...a personal opinion is just that..how you feel doesnt need to be backed up by fact...so maybe the ready to jump crowd should relaxe.Nice rifle man if you feel good and feel you got a good deal for how you felt well thats all that matters..either way nice rifle.Feel and function is everything in an AR,if it works better and feels better than what you had then you made the right decision for you.

And here we go with closest to mil-spec requirement...unless it was made by Colt or FN is select fire and US Govt marked then nothing is mil-spec no matter how many mil-spec parts are used in a build.You can come close but nothing is more mil-spec than US Military issue.Unless an AR is made according to the TDP then its just an AR15.
Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

well said.  opinions require no justification or proof.  give it a rest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd like to know what you're doing, if you need a rifle that exceeds DEA standards.

Can you explain your statement a little bit more?
It was my understanding that RRA was used to supplement Colt rifles, until production could catch up.
Just like Mossbergs were used to supplement the 870 for the military.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#15]
i"m curious of the "older"S&W ar15's had issues? rock river lowers are CMT also STAG. i'm glad the fellow got what he wanted and upgraded that's his preference. i think we were asking(at least i was) what was difference? i do agree that the mil.spec. arguements get old, almost as old as 3 to 5 threads a week on the "best or cheapest" lpk's. that said when the title of the the reads "literally" i guess we thought something earth shaking
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#16]
tag..LMAO...this place...

Link Posted: 3/16/2008 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#17]
This place is so full of retards and "experts", it sickitates me.

If you don't like people criticizing your choices, then don't post on the internet. It's that simple.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#18]
congrats, i guess.

actually, all i really wanted to say was : rra sells some goofy ass cases.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#19]
here ill clear it up. smith and wesson is a govt ass kissing organization. remember the big controversy they caused, by signing on to that al gore gun control thingy a few years ago to try to be exempt from prosecution , when the big "lets sue the gun manufacturers" drama was starting?? yeah they make good guns, and i would happily own one because its a high quality weapon, i can enjoy the quality and design of a weapon even if i dont like the manufacturer all that much, ( ak-47 comes to mind) however i am suspect as to their loyalities,  i LOVE my rock river arms, and as of yet have not heard them activily wanting to join a gun control/ban. no i cant remember the exact issue im refering to, ( my memory sucks since iraq) however im sure there are plenty of guys here can relate the exact issue.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
hi guys got this today by trading my smith and wesson MP15a, gotta say I am very happy I did it..got a good price on my trade just added $100..here she is..

There is only one opinion here that matters, its the OP's He thinks he moved up. I think he moved up too. I have held the STAG thing and a RRA. I chose RRA.

This whole fucking milspec things needs to die off already. UNLESS the selector makes 2 clicks, it isnt milspec. No your colt isnt even hardly milspec... No, your bushie isnt either, same with SW stag RRA armalite and quite a few others
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
here ill clear it up. smith and wesson is a govt ass kissing organization. remember the big controversy they caused, by signing on to that al gore gun control thingy a few years ago to try to be exempt from prosecution , when the big "lets sue the gun manufacturers" drama was starting?? yeah they make good guns, and i would happily own one because its a high quality weapon, i can enjoy the quality and design of a weapon even if i dont like the manufacturer all that much, ( ak-47 comes to mind) however i am suspect as to their loyalities,  i LOVE my rock river arms, and as of yet have not heard them activily wanting to join a gun control/ban. no i cant remember the exact issue im refering to, ( my memory sucks since iraq) however im sure there are plenty of guys here can relate the exact issue.  

that's cool, i don't own S&W either because of all the backstabbing to the gun industry, i thought there was some crazy problem that i didn't hear about
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#22]
height=8
Quoted:
here ill clear it up. smith and wesson is a govt ass kissing organization...i LOVE my rock river arms, and as of yet have not heard them activily wanting to join a gun control/ban. no i cant remember the exact issue im refering to, ( my memory sucks since iraq) however im sure there are plenty of guys here can relate the exact issue.  

This place really cracks me up. You do realize that all that butt-kissing was done by the English ownership of S&W at the time.  S&W is now American owned again, you can't hold something against the current owners for the previous owners actions. If you wanted any proof that the current owners don't care what the gun grabbers want, just look at the 500 magnums and the M&P15s.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#23]
thanks for all the compliments and opinions like what i said before after i shot the rra it does feel better than my smith, i agree i probably loose some money($50 after shooting 300 to 400rounds is good in my book) but hey I know i made a good decision..for those who have both brands or shot both rifle what do you guys think??and about the milspec deal i dont even have an idea what you guys are saying i just like to shoot my guns, dont really care about the other stuff..
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#24]
The differing opinions above notwithstanding, I think we can all agree that RRA has one of the nicest triggers (NM 2 Stage) that is available as the stock setup.  Just feeling a gritty trigger may be enough to put off someone from even a high priced Colt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#25]
On a military type single stage trigger gritiness can be cleared up with some polishing..but I agree the RRA 2 stage is one nice trigger especially for drop in replacements.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#26]
should i go with or with  out the carry handle when i decide to use this scope??

Link Posted: 3/16/2008 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#27]
here she is with a friend

Link Posted: 3/16/2008 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I feel I am extremely fortunate and currently own an M&P15T and an RRA 20" Varmint rifle.  Of course they are different styles but both are great.  

My S&W has had zero troubles, works well with all mags and Pmags drop free.  Eats all ammo.  Earlier models had magwell trouble.

My RRA was my second AR.  Whoa nelly, certain  mags worked and others did not.  Had lots of FTF, FTL.  Magwell turned out to be shifted forward.  RRA fixed me up quickly and now she is a perfect shooter.

It doesn't matter what rifle you have as long as you enjoy it.  Now,...... arfcom is for facts, opinions and fun, that is what makes it so great.  When people post that they like a product we all want to know why so we then can make better decisions.
Thats all,... its not a battle over mil spec or my brand is better than yours.  Knowledge and opinions are all good stuff.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2008 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I HAVE BOTH. The RRA exceeds the quality of a S&W, noooooo I don't think so, and I have one of the early S&W's. Both are vitural tack drivers. I really don't understand where people get their basis for such claims.

S&W:

RRA:

This one exceeds the quality of the other two:  MY BUILD

NEVADASUN
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#30]
nice rifles..

Quoted:
I HAVE BOTH. The RRA exceeds the quality of a S&W, noooooo I don't think so, and I have one of the early S&W's. Both are vitural tack drivers. I really don't understand where people get their basis for such claims.

S&W:

i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/nevadasun/166-6654_IMG.jpg

RRA:

i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/nevadasun/164-6444_IMG.jpg

i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/nevadasun/165-6563_IMG.jpg

NEVADASUN
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
should i go with or with  out the carry handle when i decide to use this scope??

without.....that RRA "handle" is about useless
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#32]
The OP likes it better. That makes it superior. If I owned a F430 but hated it and liked a civic better, the civic would be a personal upgrade. For 99% of the people on this board, LIKE is what determines an upgrade/downgrade.

I have an Ergo Grip, PRI gas-buster, and FSC556 on my rifle. Now why would I trade my Mil-spec parts for these "upgrades"? Because I like them. Period.
Link Posted: 3/17/2008 2:30:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

S&W:

i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/nevadasun/166-6654_IMG.jpg

RRA:

i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/nevadasun/164-6444_IMG.jpg

i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/nevadasun/165-6563_IMG.jpg

NEVADASUN

Dude,I can see through your handguards on the S&W! What's up with that?! That's the first time I have ever seen that before.
Link Posted: 3/17/2008 3:30:56 AM EDT
[#34]
nvm...
Link Posted: 3/17/2008 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#35]
My Glock is not milspec, and I prefer it over other pistols.  So milspec is not the be all, end all.  The M9 Beretta is milspec, but I wouldn't buy one myself.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/17/2008 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#36]
+1 legionVI..the only thing mil-spec I have is the Govt marked Remington Rand 1911 my father bought from the Govt after Korea..50 years later its been Wilson combated and now it serves on...maybe I should have kept it stock but at the time I needed a good 1911 for carry and it volunteered
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top