Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2008 10:12:49 PM EDT
I put over 600 rounds through this carbine in an hour or so one day. It was a lot of fun, but in the process I melted my Cav Arms handguards. This was a long time ago, and I have since shot it many times and this weapon has yet to malfunction. In fact, despite how hot the barrel got this gun still shoots under 2 moa with good ammo.

Disfigured handguards.

Anywho - when I saw the new DD omega rail I decided it was time for an upgrade.

How do you like your handguards, regular or extra crispy?

About 3 minutes later, installation was a piece of cake, seriously - and it's on there pretty good. We'll see if it holds up. I still need to refinish this. Oh, the handguard also came with three ladder rail covers, which is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. I like how the top rail is seamless to the upper.  Is the Omega Rail as light as it's touted to be?
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty light, especially compared to my KAC RAS II, but mine is mounted on my Beowulf so she still has some weight to her.  It is super easy to install and seems to be really solid.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome.  I'm planning on going the same route, with one difference: CMMG Middy >> melt my C6 handguards >> and then find the funds for the Omega 9.0  

Steve-oh:

1) How does the profile of the Omega 9 compare to the CavArms handguard?

2) Are you going to Krylon the DD rail to match the rest?
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Awesome.  I'm planning on going the same route, with one difference: CMMG Middy >> melt my C6 handguards >> and then find the funds for the Omega 9.0  

Steve-oh:

1) How does the profile of the Omega 9 compare to the CavArms handguard?

2) Are you going to Krylon the DD rail to match the rest?

It's thinner. I have big hands so I may get the Tango Down rail covers or something. And yeah, I plan on refinishing that guy. Thw whole rifle needs it, it's not krylon though, it's Norrels.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top