Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Posted: 1/10/2009 7:37:39 PM EDT
Anyone order from Model 1 lately?  Any idea how many weeks behind they are?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine ordered a kit on 11/20/08 and hasn't got it yet.
He called them and they said he'd have it by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered one they told me 14 weeks, I will see both my lowers I ordered from EA in 7 to 10 days so I get to stare at 2 stripped lowers for 12 weeks .I know alot of people are going crazy buying AR stuff but don't you think these companies can bump up personnel or pay a little over time and get some better turn around time seeing as they are selling lots of product and making so much more money than they normally would?
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I placed my order on Nov 10 and should have it thursday if the tracking info is good. They told me 8 to 12 weeks when I ordered and it was about 10.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered an LPK and a stock from them on December 16th, it shipped the 30th, and got to me January 6th.

For the current situation, it was pretty fast, and quality isn't terrible.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a barrel Dec 15th, havent heard anything and havent got an answer back on the email I sent about it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 6:32:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a punch set on 1-2-09. I hope those aren't held up too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Just got my LPK on Thursday... ordered the Friday before Christmas.  I don't mind the wait, given the price not being jacked up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#8]
ordered an upper 11/10/08, not recieved yet, no word on if or when it will ship.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered a rifle kit on Dec 8. Was told 10-12 weeks. Haven't heard anything in the interim, so am assuming no news is good news.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry but most of the problem isnt assembly of the parts ie buying an upper.. Model 1 or anyone else cant assemble an upper for you if they dont have the parts Everyone is out of the basic parts...

You dont just 'bump up the personel' and get any idiot off the street to do a skilled job.. Takes a long time to train folks unless you want to get guns looking like they were made  china-mart...

Quoted:
I just ordered one they told me 14 weeks, I will see both my lowers I ordered from EA in 7 to 10 days so I get to stare at 2 stripped lowers for 12 weeks .I know alot of people are going crazy buying AR stuff but don't you think these companies can bump up personnel or pay a little over time and get some better turn around time seeing as they are selling lots of product and making so much more money than they normally would?

Link Posted: 1/11/2009 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a varmint kit November 16. I called them a week ago and they said 3.5 to 4 more weeks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I walked up to their table at the Indy gunshow on Saturday and walked away with a 5.45 X 39 kit and 4 C products mags with no waiting. Super crowded gunshow though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Orangedotfever is right about Satureday as it was the same here for us.  They had plenty of parts kits Saturday and we went back Sunday and decided to pick up a couple of extra kits and they were sold out.  He is also right about the crowd...you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a hundred people on Saturday.  I was getting tired of being hit in the head with rifle front sights and people jammed in the isles you couldn't move.  Midwest looked as if they were giving away pistols.  Now Sunday was a different story as there wasn't as many people there.  Model 1 had plenty of loose parts but just not packed to sell as parts kits.  Paul was nice enough but wouldn't put any kits together and gave us a discount on several hammers, triggers, and springs, etc....  You could tell those guys were worn out!
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#14]
This is not the first time i have read that model1sales is selling kits at gun shows.  And I don't like it.  They should be filling the orders that they have instead of taking time out to travel around to gun shows.  The more people they have at the gun shows the less they have at the offices to fill existing orders.  The more kits they set aside for the shows. The longer we are waiting.

I've heard the argument before that they HAVE to show up at gun shows and have products for sale.  I think this is bunk.  It shows a huge amount of disrespect for their phone and internet orders.  This would be like making people with reservations at a restaurant wait behind the walk-ins.  I can almost hear the hostess right now.  "You will have to come back next week for your reservation. We have 20 walk-ins we are going to seat before you."

Well If i can get a kit from somewhere else I will cancel my order. If i keep hearing about gun shows where they are selling kits i might not wait till i find another kit to cancel.  As far as I am concerned it's bad business.  Del-ton had the respect for their customers to stop going to gun shows till they get caught up on phone, internet and walk ins.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#15]
JUst spoke with Model 1 sales, I ordered 11-10-08, it appears that at this point in time everything is "possibly 2-3 weeks out"  seems to be the standard answer, it really stinks when a company cant give you at the very least a tentative ship date.  I have been told 2-3 weeks the last couple of weeks starting in the week between xmas and newyears.  really tempted to  cancel and try somewhere else.......
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I think It depends what you order. The carze for all the standard AR stuff is probably taking quite a while (LPK,Uppers,Kits, etc) I ordered a dedicated .22 lr upper got it 5-6 working days after ordering it. So far it looks good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think It depends what you order. The carze for all the standard AR stuff is probably taking quite a while (LPK,Uppers,Kits, etc) I ordered a dedicated .22 lr upper got it 5-6 working days after ordering it. So far it looks good.

When did you order the dedicated 22lr upper?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Any day now...
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered some parts from Model 1 on 1-4-09.

Got an email with a tracking number today 1-12-09.

I have no idea if the entire order shipped or not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered a dedicated bbl only with the Ciener dedicated collar. It's now ready to swap on my auto or SBR. It took about 7 weeks. At least I can shoot cheap ammo and get better accuracy with the correct twist if it turns out good. I got a reduced spring pack I want to try out as well as several BDM mags from elsewhere before it got too crazy. Knew it was coming..........
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#21]
im not refering to model1, i ordered from another online vendor.  i ordered mine 11/15 and was told 2-3 weeks which was MUCH better than the 12-14 weeks from everybody else.  well, guess what, its been almost 8 weeks and when i call i get the "dont know, we are waiting on parts"

dont know if im gonna wait or cancel the order.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Tig,
Who did you order from with the 2-3 week wait? Thanks.
Andrew
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#23]
AR15gunkits.com

or

AR15-kits.com

Link Posted: 1/13/2009 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Ordered on 11/17. I called last week and they told me 6 more weeks.
They told me 6 weeks from the time I ordered it.
So there guesstiments suck!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#25]
For everyone waiting on Model 1 sales to send them their shit, I thought you might like to know they had a booth set up at the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show and they were selling a bunch of rifle kits that they had with them for a slightly inflated price in stead of shipping them to people who have already paid for them.  FYI  This is bull shit!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered 2 barrels from Model 1 and was told 12-16 weeks before I see them......typical
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For everyone waiting on Model 1 sales to send them their shit, I thought you might like to know they had a booth set up at the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show and they were selling a bunch of rifle kits that they had with them for a slightly inflated price in stead of shipping them to people who have already paid for them.  FYI  This is bull shit!!!!!!!!

It's not BS. I'm sorry that you know nothing about business. Vendors pay (sometimes a year) in advance for booths at these shows and have to have something there. They keep seperate inventory for shows. If you don't like it, go to the show. Your style of writing tells me all I need to know.

Link Posted: 1/15/2009 3:15:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Ordered my stuff december 26th and just got it tuesday  just a lower parts kit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 3:28:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I just ordered an M4 kit 2 days ago.
Was quoted the standard 14 to 16 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 6:21:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not BS. I'm sorry that you know nothing about business. Vendors pay (sometimes a year) in advance for booths at these shows and have to have something there. They keep seperate inventory for shows. If you don't like it, go to the show. Your style of writing tells me all I need to know.

+1

And not to mention, their prices weren't gouged either at the show. Picked up the same barrel from them for the same price as waiting on their online backorder.

Link Posted: 1/15/2009 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone been recieving any buffers, buffer tubes and/or charging handles?

I ordered a bunch of misc. items, I recieved everything except those parts.  It concerns me because it so happens that these were the last 3 items on my order so it looks like the order picker may have f*&^ked up and missed those..  Why couldn't they include a packing slip or something?

Repeated inquires to M1S have gone unanswered.  I'm thinking I will contact my CC company and contest that charge for that order, should be on this month's statement.  That's the only way I can think of that I can get an audience with them.  Sounds like an underhanded thing to do, but anyone have a better idea?
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I called them and e-mailed them within the last 2 days and both the call and the e-mail were answered quickly....
I'd try and call them again.

Quoted:
Has anyone been recieving any buffers, buffer tubes and/or charging handles?

I ordered a bunch of misc. items, I recieved everything except those parts.  It concerns me because it so happens that these were the last 3 items on my order so it looks like the order picker may have f*&^ked up and missed those..  Why couldn't they include a packing slip or something?

Repeated inquires to M1S have gone unanswered.  I'm thinking I will contact my CC company and contest that charge for that order, should be on this month's statement.  That's the only way I can think of that I can get an audience with them.  Sounds like an underhanded thing to do, but anyone have a better idea?

Link Posted: 1/15/2009 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#33]
i called ar15kits.com  about getting a kit and they told me 10-12 wks then i asked if they did the gun show here in oct, they said yes but sold out quickly? there pretty shitty. bunch of lowlifes like model1. ;[
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#34]
[>:/]
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 4:05:11 AM EDT
[#35]
At first a majority of us were patient and understanding when this gun rush began.  I guess the patience runs out after 2.5 months.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

And not to mention, their prices weren't gouged either at the show. Picked up the same barrel from them for the same price as waiting on their online backorder.

That is the typical scenario when it comes to gun shows. You walk around looking for a great deal on all the stuff you’ve seen online. Only you can’t pick the items up and play with them to see if you like it online. Then you find that you could have just stayed home and purchased online for the same price (including shipping) and you wasted $10.00 - $15.00 in gas.

I LOVE GUN SHOWS

I’m sure Model 1 Sales is just filling orders as fast as they can. If they were selling junk or lower quality than the usual then I’d be pissed. It’s just business.

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#37]
thats one thing im glad about when ordering thru AR15kits, you place your order, but you dont pay until it ships.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I ordered a 24 inch fluted 1:8 s/s parts kit from Model 1 a couple weeks ago, they said it would be about 12 weeks.  I didn't know anything about this Obama terror thats got everyone freaked out untill I started calling parts vendors.
I just moved to a place with lots of coyotes and decided to buy a coyote gun. Imagine my surprise when I found out everyone lost thier goddamn minds and bought up everything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The same with the DFW shows
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#40]
They answered the phone the first time I called them today. Hopefully they ship out my small parts pretty quickly. The lady said they would try to get them out next week.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Any news? I'm expecting an email any day. HA HA.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered an upper today and was told 16 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#43]
ordered an upper  11-10-08, was told 12 weeks then, still nothing,  they are quickly losing my faith in them along with any further purchases..
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Ordered Nov. 9th.  
Received Jan. 19th.
Received missing hammer spring Jan. 22nd.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I think they could and should take orders and let them be shipped in the order received at the shows just to show a little respect for those of us that gave them A BUNCH of $$$ 2.5 months ago. Take some things to display what they sell and then take orders for those items. As far as I am concerned they sold some of MY KITS at these shows, They have had over $1500.00 of mine for over 2 months!
TAKE THE ORDERS BUT PUT THEM ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PILE!
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#46]
called them today and asked what the wait time is: 5 MONTHS! if ordered today
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#47]
If company files bancruptcy it is allowed not to pay anybody. Do you guys think about this possibility? If ban comes tomorrow all companies will go bankrupt. Owner of  company can pay himself 100K bonus and very next day file bancruptcy. It is legal! You are all out of money. I am in kind of same position but I was promissed receiver to be shipped in 2 days and kit in a week. I have to admit that I ordered not what I wanted but what they had. I paid extra for SS barrel and I will have to buy handle because they only had flat tops. Maybe it is better, it is my first one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 12:52:19 AM EDT
[#48]
5 months.... It's getting a bit surreal.

Quoted:
called them today and asked what the wait time is: 5 MONTHS! if ordered today

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Hi,
I ordered a 20" varmint upper on 11/12/08.  My CC was charged this morning......

More info to follow I hope.

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Sorry I doubled
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top