Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2005 7:54:11 PM EDT
what is the difference between traditional and the m4 feedramps?  Pros and cons.  are they only available on 14.5 and 16 inch barrels?
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 2:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey , don't overlook the TACKED threads located stragetically at the top of many of the specific forums here.....

They're placed there so they can be easily found and to get folks up to speed, of course YOU have to look at them in order for them to be of any benefit.

Welcome aboard,

Mike
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I try and look around before asking questions.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
SEARCH!!!!  DUPE!!!!  DAMN NOOBS!!!!!
Welcome.
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
why would you waste the time to post that?  not much going on?
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
why would you waste the time to post that?  not much going on?

Cause I'm the class clown, post whore.

WTF are you, the posting nazi????
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't recommend them since I got them on the ARF mid-length group buy barrel.  The ramps don't match the LMT upper such that when running a pencil up the ramp, the pencil tip hangs up on the seam between the upper and barrel.  In other words, the M4 ramps on the barrel don't match those on the upper causing a significant snaggy shelf on the assembled ramp.  

They're probably fine on a matched set e.g. LMT upper and barrel.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#8]
just messing around.  I expected it.  my search results never work out for me.  not very good with computers
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Hehe......non-members can't search....so easy there turbo!

Members are a different breed......

Link Posted: 10/20/2005 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought my post was dripping with irony, but next time I'll just spell it out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought my post was dripping with irony, but next time I'll just spell it out.

Mongo, you big jerk - and I'm told I have no people skills

We have something in common, then.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mongo, you big jerk - and I'm told I have no people skills

We have something in common, then.

Link Posted: 10/21/2005 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't recommend them since I got them on the ARF mid-length group buy barrel.  The ramps don't match the LMT upper such that when running a pencil up the ramp, the pencil tip hangs up on the seam between the upper and barrel.  In other words, the M4 ramps on the barrel don't match those on the upper causing a significant snaggy shelf on the assembled ramp.  

They're probably fine on a matched set e.g. LMT upper and barrel.  

Who did you get the barrel from and were they using real M4 barrel extensions or did they machine "M4" feedramps standard rifle barrel extensions.

Personally I prefer the extended feed ramps.  I've also found that the type of barrels I want pretty much have them already...
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 5:58:03 AM EDT
[#15]
i have never had any problems with or without them.
and this thread just helped my post count
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't have M4 ramps on any of my ARs...

With that being said, will the M4 feedramps be covered up by the front of the magazine when the mag is installed? If they are, than whats the point of them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top