Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 10:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro]
I noticed this for sale and it came PW on a few uppers chambered for 5.56

https://www.primaryarms.com/dead-air-armament-556-muzzle-brake-suppressor-mount-1-2x28

Looks like a .30 cal bore. With such a large bore does this basically become a flash hider unsuppressed at that point?

It should have less blast and concussion. For those in less than free states would this be a good alternative to a flash hider?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:30:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#1]
as an over bore brake it will be fine

If you mount a 30 cal can on it,
It will not be as quiet as a dedicated 556 suppressor, but it should drop the dBs reasonably with subsonic loads

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:07:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#2]
Typical allowance for exit port of a brake is .020" give or take, so you would not get the recoil mitigation of proper sized exit port, being over 10x larger.  For use inside a can I don't think there will be much difference in report, provided the can is 5.56

All brakes are loud, the larger port isn't going to help much with that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
They work fine. There’s a tiny performance loss that most people won’t realize. I think MDT just did a video on oversized brakes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
I noticed this for sale and it came PW on a few uppers chambered for 5.56

https://www.primaryarms.com/dead-air-armament-556-muzzle-brake-suppressor-mount-1-2x28

Looks like a .30 cal bore. With such a large bore does this basically become a flash hider unsuppressed at that point?

It should have less blast and concussion. For those in less than free states would this be a good alternative to a flash hider?

View Quote

It has NOTHING in common with a flash hider. Its a brake. It will be freaking horrible.
Top Top