Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 11:02:47 AM EDT
Due to the recent California legislation outlawing the sale of rifles chambered in the .50 BMG caliber, we are now taking orders for our AR-50 rifles.  Orders placed for California customers will be given the highest priority and shipped as quickly as possible.   We have a limited capacity but are accepting orders now.

Please contact your local ArmaLite dealer, or ArmaLite sales representative at 1-800-336-0184 for further details.

ArmaLite Sales
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#1]
good deal
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
How about a 50% off sale for residents of Kalifornistan?    Do it to irk off the gun banners in Ca. and as a promotional tool, I'm positive you'll sell more rifles....

Well, it was worth a try.
Link Posted: 11/28/2004 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How about a 50% off sale for residents of Kalifornistan?    Do it to irk off the gun banners in Ca. and as a promotional tool, I'm positive you'll sell more rifles....

Well, it was worth a try.

You have it backwards.  It's newyorkistan, and the peoples republic of califonia.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate to say things like this because it makes others see me as mean. But people generally get what they deserve. Californians and New Englanders are basically lazy and self-indulgent they want someone else to “do it” while they (this blurred mass of humanity) focus on whatever lifestyle suits them. Often it is too late when you find out the “someone else” is the werewolf at the well. Except for Arnie and Rudy the politicians in those areas are monuments to failure.
Wake up slackers, take some responsibility, clean out the garbage at all political levels and take your life back. Then you could have a nice AR or 50 of any variation; let the criminals sweat for a while.
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#6]
FYI, Arnie signed AB-50
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#7]
It is disgusting what politics and living with Maria will make a man do......

Steve
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I am just curious what the excat laws are in Cal. for owning Ar-15 or similar types of rifles,I dont really know what the laws are,but If I moved there I sure wouldnt be giving up my AR-15 rifles,since I have owned them for almost 20 years,any info on this would be help full

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/doomhead/MyAR.jpg

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#9]
correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Arnie and Rudy both pro gun-control? I don't know that others will see you as mean for this statement, but I see it as an ignorant statement. Do you know enough Californians and New Englanders to lump them all in the category of "lazy and self-indulgent"? This statement is in itself intellectually lazy. I consider other issues when I vote, but my overwhelming concern is how a candidate stands on gun-control. I will vote, and have voted for Democrat candidates who are pro-gun. There's only so much you can do. Often I feel like a voice crying in the wilderness, but I know there are plenty of others in Connecticut who think as I do.

Quoted:
I hate to say things like this because it makes others see me as mean. But people generally get what they deserve. Californians and New Englanders are basically lazy and self-indulgent they want someone else to “do it” while they (this blurred mass of humanity) focus on whatever lifestyle suits them. Often it is too late when you find out the “someone else” is the werewolf at the well. Except for Arnie and Rudy the politicians in those areas are monuments to failure.
Wake up slackers, take some responsibility, clean out the garbage at all political levels and take your life back. Then you could have a nice AR or 50 of any variation; let the criminals sweat for a while.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess according to 60 min they have banned the  50 cal rifle in Cal,saying that it to pwerful a weapon  for the average person to own,also having some stuff on there about terriosts shooting jet liners at LAX and they also showed the NYPD doing a test at 300 yds with a 30 cal sniper rifle thats is being used by NYPD and the 50 cal ,making a point to show that the 50 cal went through the half inch steel plate and the 30 cal didnt,you would think with all the problems in CAL like the million crack heads ,and countless numbers of street gangs that gun people down for looking wrong at them,or for 5 bucks,It seems they would do better to fix those problems first then making gun laws that are just stupid ,at least in my point of view, example the CPL {concealed pistol license } which I have that allows me to carry my loaded handgun in 25 states,but not in CAL,or WashingtonDC.I guess the thing that gets me the most is the fact that less then 1% of people who have regestered guns ever commit a crime. Oh and If I had the cash and a set of dies to do my own reloading for the 50 cal  I would love to have that semi auto Barrett,I dont know if anyone else saw the 60 Minutes show tonight,but I am sure it will be posted on there web site  if anyone wants to check it out.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/doomhead/MyAR.jpg
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Guess they used the wrong 30cal , cause the 30-06 will go through 1/2" as well as numerous  others .
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#12]
You mean the 50 BMG Barrett they use to have. Check out the pdf file link. I laughed my ass off when I read it in my NRA mag. Enjoy!   I bet that one hit hard!!!

PDF from Barrett Rifles
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Guess they used the wrong 30cal , cause the 30-06 will go through 1/2" as well as numerous  others .

I agree , I kinda thought that my self, the 30 cal packs a good punch but on the tv program the 3 rds he fired just dimpled the steel plate at 300 yds all I can tell you is what I saw on the TV,and I do know they make 30 cal armor pericing,but maybe they just staged it also to make a case against they 50 cal

I read the pdf file, I also have that same magazine,I get them once a month from the NRA,just wanted to add that to my post
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Never believe the crap the media tries to feed you.  They'll just fix the outcome to their liking.  Media is the
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I shot a 1/2" plate of steel with my30-06  M1 Gurand on a bet , my friend said it wouldn't go through 1/2" , he lost , FMJ's went right through , soft points didn't quit make it . I have seen  300 win mag drill throught 5/8" steel with silver tip's , ( looked like it was drilled on a drill press )
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#16]
this doesn't quite compare to a 1/2" steel plate, but I once fired an SKS at a birch tree (roughly 4" diameter) at fairly close range (maybe 25 feet). The Norinco 7.62 x 39 went right through it.

Quoted:
I shot a 1/2" plate of steel with my30-06  M1 Gurand on a bet , my friend said it wouldn't go through 1/2" , he lost , FMJ's went right through , soft points didn't quit make it . I have seen  300 win mag drill throught 5/8" steel with silver tip's , ( looked like it was drilled on a drill press )

Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#17]
pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5
pic6
pic7
pic8
pic9
pic10

Sorry for the rust.  These are .223. .308 and 7.62x39 all shot at a railroad base plate at 50 yards.  7.62x39 HP was the only one that had trouble punching through....
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top