Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2005 4:12:25 AM EDT
Or would that be Beowulves?  Anyways, I will finally have enough money scraped together in 2 days to place my order.  I am leaning towards ordering from Competition Shooting Sports - prices seem fair, but 6-8 week wait for the upper.  Does anyone have anyplace else I should check out first?  I looked at all of the links on the Alexander Arms website, and CSS seemed like the way to go.  I don't mind the wait if that's what it takes to get this(and I'm pretty sure it is) but obviously would order from someone who has it in stock if the price is right.  I plan on checking out the local Cabela's on saturday before I order - but I'm not expecting much from them.  All of the guys I've dealt with there either don't like or don't know anything about EBR's - or both.  Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Erud
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Midway USA has them in stock, but CSS whould be much cheaper.

Also, Midway is not going to be able to offer any post-sales support, while Arne at CSS is great at helping you figure out any problems you have even if they are your fault.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I got mine through my local gun shop, but he tells me that orders are back logged something fierce.
If you gotta have it now, get it from Midway, otherwise get it from CSS and just wait a bit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Competition Shooting Sports.  Arne is a good guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
there are other active dealers in the ee that sell them

my first and last order from css has kept me from even thinking about them.

heres one with buis already

another

another

a dealer that has some

a decked out one
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]
If someone has them in stock you will pay more.  I found two sources at $581 for the overmatch upper:

Competition Shooting Sports and Impact Guns  

I placed my order on 6-11-05 and was told that it  should ship next Friday.    Good thing is that my CC won't be charged until it ships.  Bad thing is I've been waiting for10 weeks and have had too much time to buy accessories for an upper that I don't have.  

Evidently the problem is a shortage of bolts/bolt carriers.

ETA I've been talking extensively with Arne.  Just so ya don't think that I'm dogging on CSS, he is at the mercy of the manufacturer, who in turn is at the mercy of his suppliers.   They (CSS ) has been doing everything they can to get the orders out.  I just have to be patient for a little while longer.

I would guess that anyone that has the guns backordered is going through the same thing.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info, all.  Placed my order with CSS last night for upper and accessories.  Sounds like more good experiences than bad with them.  If it is 6-8 weeks, at least it will be right around my birthday!

Erud

P.S. eklikwhoa - Can I ask what kind of bad experience you had with CSS?  Sounds like most have been fairly happy with them - hopefully a fluke with your order?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info, all.  Placed my order with CSS last night for upper and accessories.  Sounds like more good experiences than bad with them.  If it is 6-8 weeks, at least it will be right around my birthday!

Erud

P.S. eklikwhoa - Can I ask what kind of bad experience you had with CSS?  Sounds like most have been fairly happy with them - hopefully a fluke with your order?

well i was told that his apt burnt down right after i place my order, but the thing is i live in the same city as they reside and am actually less than 15minutes away from them.

no pick ups not meeting him no nothing, he shipped it ups and it was suppose to take a week for it to travel 15mins away. it ended taking almost two weeks and the item ordered, AA muzzle brake was supposedly in stock ready to ship. card was charged and everything.

i phoned in my order and was assured that it was in stock and ready to ship.

emails and all were not responded to, but arnie (think thats his name) replied to a thread i started close to the end of the two week wait and explained himself. no harm done but i just wont order from there anymore.

i know if i had a shop(internet only) and someone(customer) was only 15minutes away it wouldnt be a problem at all to meet up of have him come pick up his order.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If someone has them in stock you will pay more.  I found two sources at $581 for the overmatch upper:

Competition Shooting Sports and Impact Guns  

I placed my order on 6-11-05 and was told that it  should ship next Friday.  At the time I was told that 3 weeks was normal wait time.  Good thing is that my CC won't be charged until it ships.  Bad thing is I've been waiting for10 weeks and have had too much time to buy accessories for an upper that I don't have.  

Evidently the problem is a shortage of bolts/bolt carriers.

dont see how that could be the holdup

standard ar15 carrier and std. 7.62 bolt
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top