Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2010 1:36:56 PM EDT
Talked with Jason over at Ident Marking  he says that with school out they have extra hands helping and the production time has been drastically reduced. Now is the time to send in that lower for engraving if, like me, you were born with no patience at all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! Now you won't have to rely on the Photoshopped pics. Did you go with the M16A1 markings?
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't able to get them to put the Colt AR15 markings on  mine. Are they doing that at all? Or was it just in my case.
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not aware of Ident having any issues with retro markings - they are the ones that use the slightly altered (copyright issue) Colt logo. They have done some awesome magwell roll markings that look spot on. They put the Prancing Pony logo as well as the M16A1 text on mine. Now, on the other hand ... Orion-Arms will not put the Colt logo on a weapon, they just don't care to fool around with the copyright issue at all. Could it have been Orion you are talking about?
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 2:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
OK Now I am kinda miffed. I got them to put the USGI markings and the Colt prancing pony, but they refused to do the Colt AR15 markings on them even though I did specify them. After some phone calls they said something about their lawyer could not protect them if they did that or something like that. I am willing to send another one  if they will do it correctly. Honestly guys, thats all I want is what I have been seeing in the photos. They look good!
Link Posted: 6/14/2010 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2010 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Dodger,IM sent,please read.
Link Posted: 6/14/2010 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not aware of Ident having any issues with retro markings - they are the ones that use the slightly altered (copyright issue) Colt logo. They have done some awesome magwell roll markings that look spot on. They put the Prancing Pony logo as well as the M16A1 text on mine. Now, on the other hand ... Orion-Arms will not put the Colt logo on a weapon, they just don't care to fool around with the copyright issue at all. Could it have been Orion you are talking about?

Here are some examples of ident's work on with roll marks on NDS lowers:
http://www.dreamscraps.com/misc/ident.jpg

Larger Pic

I don't see the rollpin hole on the GX-5857.

Link Posted: 6/14/2010 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OK Now I am kinda miffed. I got them to put the USGI markings and the Colt prancing pony, but they refused to do the Colt AR15 markings on them even though I did specify them. After some phone calls they said something about their lawyer could not protect them if they did that or something like that. I am willing to send another one  if they will do it correctly. Honestly guys, thats all I want is what I have been seeing in the photos. They look good!

"Colt" and "AR15" are copywrite protected.  I don't think they can do it without get sued.
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 12:41:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"Colt" and "AR15" are copywrite protected.  I don't think they can do it without get sued.

They make very small, almost imperceptible changes to the logos to stay within legal copyright boundaries.

I just got one back for my 653 - they do great work!! And the turnaround was shorter than expected!

The new engraved areas appear darker and stand out a little due to the aluminum black - it will fade with a tweaking and blend right in.

Link Posted: 6/15/2010 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Cool, I guess I'll have "COLT" added to mine when I get it done.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top