User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 51
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
forgive me for not reading all 30 pages again, but was a price range discussed?  

not like it matters a whole lot,  i will still  own one

~$1400 IIRC

Tex78
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well the injection mold for the Masada lower was just commissioned last week and I double checked the writing on the side. It says Magpul Industries Corp with our CAGE code.

That said feel free to knock yourselves out on speculation.

Well that's really nice Rich, but the injection molded lower is not the serialized part and therefore can say anything, putting an Ergo grip on an AR does not make it an "Ergo Rifle" now does it?

So to put this thing to bed, has Magpul discussed the marketing, manufacture or assumption of liability of the Masada with S&W? Yes or No.

LS

I'll put this to bed, a topic of this nature is not something you see anyone from a respectable maunfacture "chatting" about in a forum.  We don't post in public forums to air dirty laundry, talk shit, start rumors, continue hearsay talk or conduct private business.  It appears by your tact in the IM you sent me in addition to your comment's here that this is why you post.  

There are about a dozen of foregin and domestic weapon manufactures that have approached us about the Masada.  Would we disclose the details of those conversations to anyone in a public forum?   You heard someone say something and have been playing Angela Lansbury to figure it out and decided to ask a pointed question in a public forum. Get real Bro, where do come off with this nonsense?  

The molds are in process, T&E is going great and thus far, Magpul is building the Masada.  There you go, sleepy time and into bed.

Link Posted: 9/28/2007 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well the injection mold for the Masada lower was just commissioned last week and I double checked the writing on the side. It says Magpul Industries Corp with our CAGE code.

That said feel free to knock yourselves out on speculation.

Well that's really nice Rich, but the injection molded lower is not the serialized part and therefore can say anything, putting an Ergo grip on an AR does not make it an "Ergo Rifle" now does it?

So to put this thing to bed, has Magpul discussed the marketing, manufacture or assumption of liability of the Masada with S&W? Yes or No.

LS

I'll put this to bed, a topic of this nature is not something you see anyone from a respectable maunfacture "chatting" about in a forum.  We don't post in public forums to air dirty laundry, talk shit, start rumors, continue hearsay talk or conduct private business.  It appears by your tact in the IM you sent me in addition to your comment's here that this is why you post.  

There are about a dozen of foregin and domestic weapon manufactures that have approached us about the Masada.  Would we disclose the details of those conversations to anyone in a public forum?   You heard someone say something and have been playing Angela Lansbury to figure it out and decided to ask a pointed question in a public forum. Get real Bro, where do come off with this nonsense?  

The molds are in process, T&E is going great and thus far, Magpul is building the Masada.  There you go, sleepy time and into bed.

Geez, LS.  They are NOT required to tell you SHIT about how they run THEIR BUSINESS.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There are a number of people/companies out there who do not like Magpul. Starting rumors is just one way of trying to cause them aggravation and grief. I have heard some crazy stuff, and some not so crazy stuff. Regardless, I personally believe very little of what I hear/read unless its coming from Rich or Drake regarding anything to do with Magpul.

YMMV.

Amen
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#8]
So back on to the important questions ....

When can I place my order again ???  I REALLY want one if these before .gov forbids me from getting one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Has any decision been made as too where the barrels are coming from? or I am to expect nice little Magpul logo on the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Has any decision been made as too where the barrels are coming from? or I am to expect nice little Magpul logo on the barrel.

S&W
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There are a number of people/companies out there who do not like Magpul. Starting rumors is just one way of trying to cause them aggravation and grief. I have heard some crazy stuff, and some not so crazy stuff. Regardless, I personally believe very little of what I hear/read unless its coming from Rich or Drake regarding anything to do with Magpul.

YMMV.

As it should be.

Some people just can not STAND someone else being successful in their endeavors.

Sad really.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#12]
So First Samco won't be making the plastic parts, Hesse won't be making the receivers, and the completed rifles won't be sold through a company called Speshil Wepins?

Damn! Colt isn't selling any of their products to civilians now and Heckler and Koch is still getting bought out by Loricin though, right? This info came from credible sources!  
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread took a turn for the idiotic when people started expecting MAGPUL to release confidential business information in a public forum.  MAGPUL is, first and formost, a business.  What kind of assclown would expect them to release this kind of information?!?

Seriously, what the f##k is it to you, what companies have approached them or who they might be dealing with?  MAGPUL has been extremely generous with information and details as it is.  And what are people doing?  They're turning around and getting in the face of these guys, demanding confidential information!  It's like we have a bunch of immature 12 year olds around here!

Would you expect a major player in the auto industry to realese business information before they were ready?

Some of you need to shut the hell up and let them make their rifles!

Link Posted: 9/29/2007 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#14]
What he said.

Magpul.....I've got cash in hand.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry magpul I won't ask questions with the exception of this one; Can I get mine before the other fellas?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm just hoping they can get a bunch built before anything bad happens with the gov.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Got to thinking about barrels last night.

Now looking back at the pictures of the collar, piston etc, I started to wonder about the various AR barrels available out their...contours etc.

Are we only going to be able to buy select lengths/styles through Magpul or is there a way for us to "press" the collar/piston onto whatever barrel we choose to use? Say a Noveske, Denny's Operator, Kreiger etc. I'm not sure I've ready any detail on this topic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#18]
height=8
MAGPUL has been extremely generous with information and details as it is.  And what are people doing?  They're turning around and getting in the face of these guys, demanding confidential information!  It's like we have a bunch of immature 12 year olds around here!

Because of the assclowns, we probably wont get the same generous information in future releases. What good does it do them to help us out if it is just going to get slammed in their face.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
This thread took a turn for the idiotic when people started expecting MAGPUL to release confidential business information in a public forum.  MAGPUL is, first and formost, a business.  What kind of assclown would expect them to release this kind of information?!?

Seriously, what the f##k is it to you, what companies have approached them or who they might be dealing with?  MAGPUL has been extremely generous with information and details as it is.  And what are people doing?  They're turning around and getting in the face of these guys, demanding confidential information!  It's like we have a bunch of immature 12 year olds around here!

Would you expect a major player in the auto industry to realese business information before they were ready?

Some of you need to shut the hell up and let them make their rifles!

That's par for the course around here.  A company releases a prototype at a trade show on a Friday and everyone is lined up at their local gun shop Saturday morning wondering where it is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
A company releases a prototype at a trade show on a Friday

It was displayed on a Thursday -- well really Wednesday and I am first in line ...
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A company releases a prototype at a trade show on a Friday

It was displayed on a Thursday -- well really Wednesday and I am first in line ...

I think I should be first in line! I was first to put a pic of the SHOT Show flyer up here after all and break the MASADA story to ARFCOM. I hope SHOT 08 is as good as 07 for Magpul. The amount of folks at their booth was amazing. People from every end of the business from all over the globe just couldn't get enough MASADA.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'll take a 13.7 with a perm Krink attached......5.56 and 6.8. (hands his menu back)

Damn that cracked me up!
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Magpul,

Just wondering when you will have some new/updated photographs of the Masada to keep us all going?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#24]

I did not read all 31 pages of this....

what is the time frame that we are looking at here?

I too...am very interested. Very nice. thank you.

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Thing is ugly.  I'll wait for the SCAR.  In the meantime I'll stick with my ARs, FAL, M1A, and XCR.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#26]
You think the SCAR looks better than the MASADA!? Are you high?
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 6:53:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

your right, SCAR does not look better.... it looks way way way better.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

your right, SCAR does not look better.... it looks way way way better.

Get both.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#29]
I really liked the Scar when it first was pictured a couple of years ago.  
now it just looks like an XCR with an ugly plastic stock.  The Masada has a better look, like my Jonny seven OMA that I had as a kid.  (Oops!  dated myself, anybody here old enough to remember those?)
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't hate me, I just thought it was funny!

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

render1.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxqpD0-Wt0frj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQPexaJGxGa0xv8uOc5xQQQJl0QaPQanlqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPan%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

We will talk....

It was joke. It was planed by someone else that did not want to use there real name.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Eh, not funny.

Insulting, and borderline tampering with intellectual property and copyright laws.

AR15.com is lucky to have a Magpul presence here at all, with crap like this and all the bitching about time frames, nagging etc... I wouldn't blame them if that didn't last.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Eh, not funny.

No, it was funny, especially since they used Scotch tape & scissors instead of Photoshop.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:10:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:47:15 AM EDT
[#36]
We were not making fun at Magpul but the coment were a poster said Smith & Wesson owns the Masada, that is all. Im 110% behind Rich and the gang at Magpul, I have been from day one. It takes alot of time and research to make something out of nothing. Take your time guys, im in no hurry, at least it when it is done I bet it will not be like the 556 Sig that alot hate now. OUT. Tuna. BUST UM.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Eh, not funny.

Insulting, and borderline tampering with intellectual property and copyright laws.

AR15.com is lucky to have a Magpul presence here at all, with crap like this and all the bitching about time frames, nagging etc... I wouldn't blame them if that didn't last.

Eh, still funny.  Constitutes fair use under parody.  Coupled with the fact that all parties involved have personally met Rich and know he has a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
So First Samco won't be making the plastic parts, Hesse won't be making the receivers, and the completed rifles won't be sold through a company called Speshil Wepins?

Damn! Colt isn't selling any of their products to civilians now and Heckler and Koch is still getting bought out by Loricin though, right? This info came from credible sources!  

I can see you have been here before.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

render1.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxqpD0-Wt0frj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQPexaJGxGa0xv8uOc5xQQQJl0QaPQanlqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPan%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

We will talk....

It was joke. It was planed by someone else that did not want to use there real name.

I had to look at the picture twice before I saw what you did tuna...
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Eh, not funny.

Eh, still funny.  Constitutes fair use under parody.  Coupled with the fact that all parties involved have personally met Rich and know he has a sense of humor.

Tell'em Johnny.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Coupled with the fact that all parties involved have personally met Rich and know he has a sense of humor.

I think the baghead guy at SHOT seemed to indicate the presence of a sense of humor...
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Baghead guy was my favorite thing at Shot Show, next to the Masada, of course.  I have several pictures of him, and have repeatedly begged Magpul to sell the posters.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Coupled with the fact that all parties involved have personally met Rich and know he has a sense of humor.

I think the baghead guy at SHOT seemed to indicate the presence of a sense of humor...

We don't care, so long as
no one sues us.
Hey so uhm, I've decided to be the first kid on my block to have the Masada.  And I want like, every different part for it, like the different barrels and such.  I'm gonna have a lotta money.  So how bout we talk around March, or I sue you

5.56 and .308 are all I need.  Yes I'm serious.  This is how much I love Magpul.  I troll the threads about Pmags not working in S&W AR's, and anytime someone owns some, I IM them and offer to buy or trade for the mags.  I have ten on the way right now

I tell people pretty regular to buy p mags, if you don't like em, I'll buy em at full retail.  I be faithful y0!

I envision a big pelican case like in the Larue Screen saver just chock full of Parts for this thing, different barrels, optics, etc.  Full kit.  I'll buy it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone seen the Guns & Ammo 2008 Buyers Guide?

The Masada is on the cover and there is an article about it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Does it have an updated price and release date?

Seriously Magpul, are their plans to sell a big package, not just single configurations and individual caliber groups of parts?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#47]
I still have money set aside for a Masada....waiting patiently.

I have been tempted to buy an Ares piston kit, but I am resisting.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I still have money set aside for a Masada....waiting patiently.

I have been tempted to buy an Ares piston kit, but I am resisting.

I have a tad over 8 grand coming in by the end of Febuary hopefully.  And I'm busting my ass between now and then to earn extra money.  I'm going to finish the two AR's I'm building, and finish my IPSC open class Glock. That's it,  if it all goes as planned, my accountant, me, and his dad will all be going at the same time to pick up our new Masadas
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$1,400.00/Spring 2008.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$1,400.00/Spring 2008.

Looking at that piggy bank now which has a enough to buy both the Masada and Scar.....in true ARFCOM fashion I plan to get both....

Magpul, not sure if this has been asked but since the bolts are a bit different I was wondering if a Ciener .22 kit would work w/ the Masada?  I'm doubting it but if it doesn't I think you guys would make some serious money if you whipped one up for the Masada.
Page / 51
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top