Page / 51
Posted: 1/12/2007 6:23:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
TAh-DAh!

I could get to likin' that alot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]
What are the differences between the Rainier Masada and the version Magpul is going to produce?
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
An AK lower!
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
When and how much?!
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh man, it looks like the AK mags don't drop free.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a cross between an HK lower and rail, and a Robinson XCR upper.  Interesting design.  Hopes it's more reliable than my XCR!

Pat
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this what Stick has been hinting at for a while?
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellant! Keep us updated John.

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#9]
God damn thats sexy!
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Oh shut up.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome. Thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh shut up.  

+1
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like a metal-recievered version of a certain HK product the Army DIDN'T buy...

IMHO, the more designs the better...

But it still won't do anything better than the AR (unless you MUST have a tactikewl folding stock)...
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is this what Stick has been hinting at for a while?

Its been killing me!

I bet man... one day I will be getting one from Ranier Arms. The MASADA is gonna rock!

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Price?!
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Looks like a cross between an HK lower and rail, and a Robinson XCR upper.  Interesting design.  Hopes it's more reliable than my XCR!

Pat

What problems has your XCR had?  Mine has been flawless, and this is the first I've heard of anyone that hasn't been very happy with their XCR.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Why does one prototype take the new polymer AR mags and one take 5.56 Bulgy poly AK mags?

The lowers are interchangeable, the AK magwell will also receive 7.62x39mm mags, and the quick change bbl system will allow the rilfe to be chambered in that caliber as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Soooooooooooooooooooo  when are you going to send me one.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Shit I'd like to get my hands on 1 or 2 of those....
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#22]
very nice
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Price?!

No shit!  Price?

AK and AR mags?  Yes I know the barrel must change.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#24]
New advertising campaign?

"If the HK G36 makes your man nipples hard and the thought of the M16 makes you want to rub yourself....   YOU'LL LOVE OUR NEW RIFLE."

Seriously, most impressive out of the blue thing that has finally come along to make me want to own something other than just AR15s...
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#25]
MASADA

WOW. Just WOW.

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Price?!

No shit!  Price?

AK ans AR mags?  Yes I know the barrel must change.

Rumor mill says ~$1400, we'll see what happens in 18mos or so.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't want to start a flaming of the XCR, I think it's a good design...but here ya go.

Well I know of two that had issues. I atteneded a PSD course with another guy who had one. His was around #175, and mine was around #275. During extended firing both of our barrel locking bolts came loose causing malfunctioning. A minor issue we both fixed with loctite.

Later during extended rapid firing the other guys firing pin broke. Minor issue, he got a new one in the mail. Shortly after that during another rapid fire session his bolt blew apart. Apparently there was some sort of timing issue from the factory (bulletin issued on the website). This caused the bolts firing pin to fire the round before it was fully in the bore. Robinson replaced the firing pin and bolt for him at no charge.

During the same course I purchased 500rds of Remington green box .223 that would not fire. It worked in all the other rifles, but for some reason my firing pin was not hitting the primer.

That same session my safety lever came loose and fell off. I loctited it and put it back together, after that no problem. A few days later the folding stock came loose..same deal, just loctited the bolt. I kinda thought that sorta stuff would have been taken care of at the factory.

At the next course I attended the ejector apparently came loose and fell off, the rifle would not work after that. I sent the rifle back to Robinson and they put another ejector on and fixed up the bolt with some sort of a warranty upgrade.

After that I fired a few mags thru it, and it functioned well. The barrel did not come loose as before.

So I can't speak for all of the XCR's, but I was pretty dissatisfied. It may work very well for others. I do know that my basic Rock River M4 fuctions well all the time...well unless it's completely filthy.

I can say that the XCR functioned well for about 2800rds. After that is when I had the issues.

I really like the design. The only things I'd change is the location of the sling loop in the rear (charging handle gets in the way), and a longer safety switch.

All told I've put 5300 rounds thru it.  My Rock river has 7200 rds thru it and only manfuctions are fromm it being filthy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 4:18:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Seriously, where do I sign up for one two of these?

I am not kidding.

I would sell some of my guns and my Acog to have them.

I have that much faith in Magpul to do this right.

And I don't have a lot of faith to go around for the gun industry.....

Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:53:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh shut up.  

+1

'Cuz there's never any room for improvement in a prototype design, right?

Link Posted: 1/13/2007 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#30]
WooHoo! I'm first on the list for Beta Testing the Masada!!! Hooray for me!!

Link Posted: 1/13/2007 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh shut up.  

+1

'Cuz there's never any room for improvement in a prototype design, right?

+3

You could make this thing hot pink and I'd still be pre-ordering at least 2!
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Don't want to start a flaming of the XCR, I think it's a good design...but here ya go.

Well I know of two that had issues. I atteneded a PSD course with another guy who had one. His was around #175, and mine was around #275. During extended firing both of our barrel locking bolts came loose causing malfunctioning. A minor issue we both fixed with loctite.

Later during extended rapid firing the other guys firing pin broke. Minor issue, he got a new one in the mail. Shortly after that during another rapid fire session his bolt blew apart. Apparently there was some sort of timing issue from the factory (bulletin issued on the website). This caused the bolts firing pin to fire the round before it was fully in the bore. Robinson replaced the firing pin and bolt for him at no charge.

During the same course I purchased 500rds of Remington green box .223 that would not fire. It worked in all the other rifles, but for some reason my firing pin was not hitting the primer.

That same session my safety lever came loose and fell off. I loctited it and put it back together, after that no problem. A few days later the folding stock came loose..same deal, just loctited the bolt. I kinda thought that sorta stuff would have been taken care of at the factory.

At the next course I attended the ejector apparently came loose and fell off, the rifle would not work after that. I sent the rifle back to Robinson and they put another ejector on and fixed up the bolt with some sort of a warranty upgrade.

After that I fired a few mags thru it, and it functioned well. The barrel did not come loose as before.

So I can't speak for all of the XCR's, but I was pretty dissatisfied. It may work very well for others. I do know that my basic Rock River M4 fuctions well all the time...well unless it's completely filthy.

I can say that the XCR functioned well for about 2800rds. After that is when I had the issues.

I really like the design. The only things I'd change is the location of the sling loop in the rear (charging handle gets in the way), and a longer safety switch.

All told I've put 5300 rounds thru it.  My Rock river has 7200 rds thru it and only manfuctions are fromm it being filthy.

That's cool.  I understand that there were a few issues that reared up with the bolt/firing pin and FCG in the first 400 or so rifles.  There's always a few bugs to be worked out on the first production run of a new design.  I'll be sure to Loctite all the bolts on mine.  I'm sure your input will save me some headache in the future.  It sounds like Robinsons customer service will be there if I need it though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Cook me one of those cupcakes in .308 and you'll be getting my cash faster than a hooker in an eight-ball thong.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Looks like a serious competitor to the new SIG rifle. I'm gonna need a boatload of $$ to buy these:

SIG 556
Masada
STG 556
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#36]
It looks nice, but I don't see what it can do that can't be done with an AR.

IMO, one of the biggest flaws in the "modularity" of all these new rifles is that the magazine well is part of the lower receiver, not the upper.

If it was part of the upper, you could go from a .22LR rifle up to (theoretically) a .50 BMG with a swap of uppers. Yeah, that's a bit extreme, but let's face it, with the magwell as part of the upper, you Could swap between .223, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, even 7.62x54R, and use the readily available magazines from the original rifles chambered in those cartridges. It would also make cartridge feeding a no-brainer, as you wouldn't be trying to feed from a separate lower to the upper.

Other than that, I don't see what these new, fairly over-priced (most of them anyway) offer that the AR platform doesn't. Unless you just HAVE to move the charging handle or a folding stock.

Seriously, why doesn't anyone made a new rifle with the magwell as part of the upper?  You could have uppers that take cheap FAL mags in .308, cheap AK mags in 7.62x39, or AR mags in .223?  Is it really that difficult?
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Seriously, why doesn't anyone made a new rifle with the magwell as part of the upper?

If they did that, then the BATFE would probably consider the serialed part to be the upper (like the FAL or the HK9x series).  Then since buying a new upper would effectively be buying a new gun, a lot of the convenience of just buying a new upper and slapping it on would be lost.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Seriously, where do I sign up for one two of these?

I am not kidding.

I would sell some of my guns and my Acog to have them.

I have that much faith in Magpul to do this right.

And I don't have a lot of faith to go around for the gun industry.....

Same here I think I could sell one or Two of the 27Ar's I have..Post Bans that is..I will not part with PreBAns in NY
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Any chance it will come out in 6.8 SPC
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#40]
tag
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#41]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Seriously, why doesn't anyone made a new rifle with the magwell as part of the upper?

If they did that, then the BATFE would probably consider the serialed part to be the upper (like the FAL or the HK9x series).  Then since buying a new upper would effectively be buying a new gun, a lot of the convenience of just buying a new upper and slapping it on would be lost.

OK, that makes sense, thanks.
Although if this is to be marketed primarily to LEO and military, that wouldn't matter.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#42]
good pictures here,

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=31683#post31683
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, that makes sense, thanks.
Although if this is to be marketed primarily to LEO and military, that wouldn't matter.

I had that feeling about the marketing part to LEO and .mil.  The brochure at SHOT lists an 11", 14" and a 18" SPR with a stock that doesn't fold.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Great looking gun. Too bad the Dems will have banned civilian ownership of such a weapon by the time it's available for release.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Great looking gun. Too bad the Dems will have banned civilian ownership of such a weapon by the time it's available for release.

go home doom and gloom....
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#47]
This thing is killin me
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I seen it for my self in person, Its is every bit as nice as it looks, quality is top notch and so is the design. alot of though was put into this by the Magpul team. And Rich is also cool as hell. I will definitly buy one as soon as there avilable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#49]
My buddy is in Orlando...he saided he got to finger it.....nice!!   sig 55 what??  

Pre-order group buy?  I'm in for 2!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
My buddy is in Orlando...he saided he got to finger it.....nice!!   sig 55 what??  

Pre-order group buy?  I'm in for 2!!

I would Run past a Sig 556 to get to a Masada!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 51
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top