Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 6:43:32 AM EDT
Anyone have a close up photo of how the Colt/RRA 9mm extractor is mounted in the bolt carrier?

I need a close up picture of the breach face also.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Happened to have this on a server, hope it helps some...

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, how does the extractor stay in the bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a small roll pin that goes top to bottom of the bolt carrier about an inch or two back.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
the 9mm extractor doesnt work like std. ar15 one, those use a spring for tension and the 9mm ones is like spring steel.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks, how does the extractor stay in the bolt carrier?

Roll pin :

"IF" you by chance have a  RRA  9mm bolt.......  knock out the whatever is holding the extractor in place, if it is indeed a split type roll pin, good for you.

"IF" it is what looks like a rolled up piece of soup can, throw that out in the yard to never be found, and go buy a split type roll pin at LOWES and re-assemble.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm looking at the possibility of converting the Oly bolt carrier assy to use and ejector like the Colt/RRA 9mm setups.I have 2 options, modify a RRA 9mm bolt carrier assy and make a .45 barrel that sets back in the upper receiver like the 9mm barrels do or just cut a deep grove in the bottom of the Oly bolt carrier assy and make a new ejector like a 9mm one. The grove will probably cut into the Oly bolt as well but it might still work as the cam pin holds the bolt in.

I am looking into doing this as I think the "J" hook ejector is stronger than the Oly spring ejector.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm looking at the possibility of converting the Oly bolt carrier assy to use an ejector like the Colt/RRA 9mm setups.I have 2 options, modify a RRA 9mm bolt carrier assy and make a .45 barrel that sets back in the upper receiver like the 9mm barrels do or just cut a deep grove in the bottom of the Oly bolt carrier assy and make a new ejector like a 9mm one. The grove will probably cut into the Oly bolt as well but it might still work as the cam pin holds the bolt in.

I did this same type of thing a while back with a .40S&W Oly upper.

I used a Hahn bottom-loading block and .41AE Uzi mags.  I initially sent the bolt to M60Joe to mill out the channels for the ejector and feedramp sidewalls.  When I got it back, it still required a bit of tweaking so I took the dremel to her.  I also took a bit off the block's feedramp walls for bolt clearance.  In the end it ran 100% with anything I fed it.

But, like the dumbass I am, I ended up getting rid of it because I couldn't get over the lack of the last round bolt hold-open feature.... Derrrrrrrrr

EDITED TO ADD:  I think this pic is mid-build when I was still using the Olympic's original ejector set-up with the Hahn block (removed the block's ejector).  It was a bit later that I increased the depth of the channel in the bolt to clear the original Hahn ejector.  That's a RRA 9mm receiver mated to the Oly .40S&W barrel.  There was no work done to the barrel itself.  Oly barrels mount in the upper just like RRA/Colt barrels do.  It's only the breechface and bolt-face that differ.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the finished bolt.  Again....  Derrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#9]
How deep was the channel in the bottom of the Oly bolt carrier?

Did the new channel extend into the hole where the bolt resides?

Did M60joe change the angle of the ejector slot in the Oly bolt/bolt carrier?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top