Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2024 7:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy]
BCA upper is 5.5 lbs so hell no to that weight just for an upper.

I want to either buy a complete 22LR pistol upper (8" or so barrel) or just build an upper myself.

Any budget complete upper options that don't weight a ton for no reason or should I just build? If build, what barrel should I go with? It will be run suppressed.
Just a range toy build so not willing to spend a fortune.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Friends don't let friends buy BCA

RTB
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

RTB
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I was wanting another 22 LR AR-15 upper and I couldn’t assemble an upper cheaper than I could buy an upper from Right to Bear.   This upper has been gtg and I really like it.   I don’t notice any difference in weight between my 16” CMMG with plastic A-2 style hand guard.

This is my most recently purchased 22 LR AR-15.  The upper is from Right to Bear, the lower is one I assembled with LaRue MBT 2S.  There is a fifteen round BDM mag in the well.

Below is a picture of a CMMG complete upper I bought in about 2008 and paired to a lower I assembled.  There is a CMMG 25 round mag in the well and has a RRA NM trigger.

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]

RTB
View Quote

I've owned plenty of their uppers. Never had a problem
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
My RTB upper has been awesome
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

RTB

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, you could spend 2x-5x building versus buying. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecondAmend] [#8]
NVM
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]
As stated elsewhere, the hands down best AR22 is no longer made.  Tactical Solutions (Tac Sol).  100% reliability.  Extreme Accuracy.  Came in Pistol length (9", IIRC).  It's a damn shame they quit making it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out borebuddy.com or taccom3g.com

good affordable options at both.  Taccom is of a different bolt design though.  They have what I call the Nordic pattern and Borebuddy offers an improved ciener (cmmg) style bolt and a number of barrel lengths.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I would just buy a tippman for 500 bucks.  Complete gun, 100 percent function.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Renaissancemann] [#12]
OP: BoreBuddy is releasing a 7" barrel at the end of the month that seems to fit your use case.  Price point is going to be right around $120.  Uppers will be available and likely cheaper than building.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I built one in the past 12 months or so. Hard part of course was sourcing the barrel. Wound up with something inexpensive around 8". Used a CMMG bolt kit on it with their mags and it runs flawlessly suppressed and unsuppressed. Way more reliable feeding them our 10/22's.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered a complete RTB upper :)
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
I ordered a complete RTB upper :)
View Quote

Post pictures and a range report when you get it.   My RTB took a couple hundred rounds to season and the more rounds I shoot the better the accuracy.   I’ve seen this with other 22 LR barrels.   My RTB upper has been totally reliable except for a few Federal cartridges that had no priming compound in the rim and failed to fire.   That sure can’t be blamed on the gun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:

Post pictures and a range report when you get it.   My RTB took a couple hundred rounds to season and the more rounds I shoot the better the accuracy.   I’ve seen this with other 22 LR barrels.   My RTB upper has been totally reliable except for a few Federal cartridges that had no priming compound in the rim and failed to fire.   That sure can’t be blamed on the gun.
View Quote

Will do
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top