BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 1/4/2004 3:12:51 PM EDT
Please add your personal experience with WOLF ammunition to this thread. When you do, please give information about:
1) Ammunition used (55gr, 62gr, FMJ, HP)
2) Firearm used in
3) Approximate number of rounds fired.

From chasmcg's post:
Velocity: 2765fps, StdDev: 33.69 (20" barrel, 62gr FMJ)
Velocity: 2720fps, StdDev: 34.97 (16" barrel, 62gr FMJ)

This review is for the NEW style Wolf ammo with the gray polymer coating. If you would like to review the older green lacquer coated variety, please refer to this post.

For more information about this ammunition, check out the Wolf website

Let's limit this to .223/5.56 ammunition, since this is an AR-15 forum. No offense to the guys with AR's in other calibers, but we all know that .223 chamberings are the most sensitive.

I am trying to solicit only information about your PERSONAL experience with this ammunition. If you haven't used it, then please don't clutter up the thread. Information about proper functioning (or lack thereof) is obviously the most important, but factors such as the accuracy or other peculiarities you've noticed are informative also. If you have had problems with this ammo which were severe enough to cause you to stop using this ammo, then please describe them. And one more minor request: keep your reviews objective.

This post is part of a larger information-gathering effort I'm trying to start about ALL ammunition popular in AR's:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=169729.
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 3:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
*THIS INFO IS COPIED FROM PORTIONS OF MY POST ON THIS AMMO PRIOR TO THIS REVIEW BEING CREATED*

I fired 400 rounds of this stuff the first day at the range with it after I got a case of it at a gun show for $85 per 1000 rnds.

The poly coating on the ammo is not soft and can not be easily scraped away with a finger nail like the old laquer version. It is very hard and is comparable to nickel coated casings like that of Silver Bear. However, it does leave a slight bit of gray residue on your finger tips when loading magazines.(but then again, so does brass that is not brand new)
It did not leave any gummy residue or anything else that would be considered "fouling" of the chamber after firing.

[B]I even left one in the chamber of a hot barrel and let it cool for 45 minutes while I ate lunch, which was a HUGE no-no for the old laquered ammo. After lunch I picked the rifle up and fired off about 15 rounds in rapid succession with no failures.[/B]

I am sold on this ammo. I will be buying a lot more of it as I am about as happy with it as I could expect to be with just about any ammo that I do not use for duty purposes (75 gr Hornady TAP).

--Upated

I just finished firing the last of the 1000 round case that I got when I first made this post and the results have been this.

1000 rounds fired through a Colt LE6920 and a total of 3 failures to feed. Thats it. A .03% failure rate. I will take those odds with any ammo. The clean up of the ammo shows to be obviously a little dirtier than most ammo but it's nothing that is too extreme. It cleans right off and there was no fouling of any of my rifle's components.

I have closely inspected my bolt face, ejector and extractor since having fired all 1000 rounds of the steel cased ammo. There are no visible marks, scratches or signs of damage whatsoever.

I will be using this ammo as my plinking staple from now on.
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a link to a previous discussion of the new Wolf ammo just for reference: NEW BRAND OF WOLF ammo with NO LAQUER
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
1) 55-grain FMJ
2) 16-inch Armalite upper (chrome-lined 1:9 barrel)
3) 7 boxes/140 rounds

No problems experienced, which is more than can be said for the old laquer-coated Wolf. (With the old stuff, my upper wouldn't run a complete box before suffering a failure to extract. Did this on both boxes I'd purchased so I crossed Wolf off my shopping list until I heard about the new version and decided to try it.)

For plinking, I don't think the new Wolf is a bad option at all. [:)]
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
this is being posted because of an email request for it.

*THIS INFO IS COPIED FROM MY POST ON THIS AMMO PRIOR TO THIS REVIEW BEING CREATED*

1) Ammunition used    - 55gr FMJ
2) Firearm used in    - 16" HBAR Bushamster
3) # of rounds fired  - 1,170 (39 mags)

!!!RANGE REPORT!!!

First off, I fired 1170 rounds in one shooting session.... with NO cleaning during the day. I used a Bushmaster 16" HBAR, chrome lined bore and chamber, the only mod to the weapon was a D-Fender.

The ammo used was the new 55 grain FMJ wolf, with the polymer coating, (I know this is what the thread is about, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows).

There were NO failures to feed, NO failures to extract, & NO failures to fire during the WHOLE day. I THOUGHT (I have no hard evidence) the ammo ran cleaner than the reg wolf. I did NOT shoot at paper, but had no problem shooting at gallon jugs and 2 liter bottles at 50 yards. Accuracy was VERY acceptible for me. I did NOT clean the weapon at all during the shooting session.

MOST IMPORTANTLY....not ONE case got stuck in the chamber, not ONE. I have pounded MANY fired wolf cases (the old ones) out of the chamber with a hammer and cleaning rod, I have actually RUINED 3 rods doing so. This new ammo DOES NOT GET STUCK, let me say that again, it DOES NOT get stuck. I even performed "the test." I shot 8 mags, as fast as I could pull the trigger, got the barrel nice and hot, then put a round in the chamber (YES, I KNOW, I POINTED THE WEAPON IN A SAFE DIRECTION, IN CASE OF A COOK OFF) and kept it pointed in a safe direction. Then I let it sit for 5 min. Usually, when using the OLD wolf, this would cause a case to stick to the chamber and fail to extract when fired... BUT NOT THIS TIME. The NEW wolf fired and ejected like any other round.... I was VERY happy.

The ammo was purchased at Sportsman's Guide and was item number WX2-52591.

A quick word about sportsmans guide. I am very happy with the prices and service, but I ALWAYS use the coupons when I order. They are EASY to find online. You can always find the $5 off $50, $10 off $100, $15 off $150, and $20 off $250 coupons some place online. If you can't find them start a thread, some one on here usually knows the current coupon codes and is always more than happy to share.

I HIGHLY recommend this ammo. For around 9 cents a round DELIVERED it is GREAT plinking ammo. I will DEFINITELY buy more of this.

Stainless
Link Posted: 1/13/2004 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems my results are similar to others who've tried this ammo: GOOD STUFF!!

Ammo: 55 gr Wolf Polymer
bbl: 16" RRA

Total of 500 rds fired without cleaning.

Zero Failure to feed or fire. No problems at all. The chamber area appears clean (for 500 rds!) No more of the red crap present.

Recoil similar to IMI 193. No science here.... I fired a mixed mag and could not tell the difference.

Not tested for accuracy.

Bought 4K from Sportsmans Guide. Total with memebership was approx $370.00 to the door. Price is great and the ammo is very acceptable, especially for speed work.

My 193 goes on the shelf for a rainy day.

Good shooting, all

Paul
Link Posted: 1/13/2004 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Spent a week shooting rabbits/coyotes in eastern Nevada during the holidays. Finished off 500 rounds of the old Wolf, blasted through a 1000 round case of the new polymer-coated stuff. No problems with either and that was after leaving both in the truck overnight with the temperature around -10.
Link Posted: 1/13/2004 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyplace sell these online cheap yet?
Link Posted: 1/13/2004 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Is this only being made in 223 or is it also coming out in other calibers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2004 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyplace sell these online cheap yet?
View Quote

Go Here for a coupon:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=ff64ff383b63ebf1f2a59de9d09a7fc1&threadid=86579

Then go here to purchase, its the cheapest I've found:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=78244

Yes it is all polymer now.

B.
Link Posted: 1/13/2004 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw .223 and .762 at a local show in H-Town, TX, and the Wolf Dealer said that they are going to convert ALL of their products to the new coating.  I could be wrong, but that is what he said.  It seems to be a good decision on Wolf's part.  They would only have one coating process to deal with, buy coating products for, etc., but who knows.

B.
Link Posted: 1/13/2004 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw .223 and .762 at a local show in H-Town, TX, and the Wolf Dealer said that they are going to convert ALL of their products to the new coating.  I could be wrong, but that is what he said.  It seems to be a good decision on Wolf's part.  They would only have one coating process to deal with, buy coating products for, etc., but who knows.

B.
View Quote

Thanks, I would like to see it in all calibers that way, the 7.62 makes a mess from the laquer in my AK and SKS.  I will probaly pick up some at the show next week if they got any at a
reasonable price.

I checked wolf site looks like thet are going to have it in most calibers, and they are making 308, I havent seen wold 308 before.

[url]http://www.wolfammo.com/polymer_no_logo_jacki.gif[/url]
Link Posted: 1/14/2004 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, the new coating is on 7.62x39 ammo also. I bought a case of it at a gun show the weekend before Christmas. It still has the red bullet sealant however. $74 for a case of 1,000. Not bad at all.
Link Posted: 1/14/2004 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I just recieved my new wolf P, 1000rnds from SG. The stuff looks really good, looks and feels clean, lol even matches the color of my mags. It still has the red sealant in the primer pocket, but none around the bullet, which is where the problem with red crap every where came from anyways....as soon as I get a chance to shoot it I'll review it as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2004 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#14]
How to tell the new stuff from the old when buying online?
Are the boxes marked different?
Link Posted: 1/15/2004 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How to tell the new stuff from the old when buying online?
Are the boxes marked different?
View Quote

Ammunitionstore.com has the new stuff listed seperately than the original.

Others have stated that sportsmanguide is sending out the new stuff but the picture on the website is of the old stuff. I have an order enroute so i will find out more soon.

Link Posted: 1/15/2004 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#16]
My question also.  

Is this readily identified??
Link Posted: 1/15/2004 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My question also.  

Is this readily identified??
View Quote

Yes, but you might have some trouble explaining it.  The boxes I have are a lighter color of card board than the old ones (let me finish), and there is a 3" tall block letter "P" stamped on the top (and side) of the box.  I just get it at toy shows here in H-Town, TX so that I see what I get.

B.
Link Posted: 1/15/2004 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone see thier 308 yet, I would like to find some to give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/16/2004 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Anybody test the accuracy of this new WOLF yet??  How hot is it loaded?  As hot as XM193?

Link Posted: 1/16/2004 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Anybody test the accuracy of this new WOLF yet??  How hot is it loaded?  As hot as XM193?

This is Russian ammo. Do NOT expect:
1) Hot loadings
2) Fragmenting bullets
3) Great accuracy

Do expect to pay less for blasting ammo. If you want/need M193, then buy XM193 or Q3131A.
Link Posted: 1/16/2004 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I have to say this..Why? I don't know but there always seems to be one guy that says this about wolf so I might as well be him. I am a college student so I dont have much money(go figure [beer] ). I own an ak pattern rifle (sar-1) that I bought through a friend for 300 bucks including tax. I only shoot wolf through it...why? Because I don't care. My ak shoots this sh*t 20 yards to the right..usually pissing off the guy 6 stalls down from me. Now, I payed close to 850 for my ar-15 plus all of the add-ons that people are obsessed with. So, I guess in total..give or take $50 bucks, around $1250. Shouldn't you be nicer to your ar-15 and feed it some quality brass? Because if there is one thing I learned in college steel is typically harder than aluminum [nono] and we all know what happened during the ice age with the glaciers [banghead].So why not treat your rifle with a little love and effection and drop an extra 15-20 cents per round. Not planning on converting anyone by posting this but I guess I will use my constitutional right and say what I think. [argue]
Link Posted: 1/16/2004 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have to say this..Why? I don't know but there always seems to be one guy that says this about wolf so I might as well be him. I am a college student so I dont have much money(go figure [beer] ). I own an ak pattern rifle (sar-1) that I bought through a friend for 300 bucks including tax. I only shoot wolf through it...why? Because I don't care. My ak shoots this sh*t 20 yards to the right..usually pissing off the guy 6 stalls down from me. Now, I payed close to 850 for my ar-15 plus all of the add-ons that people are obsessed with. So, I guess in total..give or take $50 bucks, around $1250. Shouldn't you be nicer to your ar-15 and feed it some quality brass? Because if there is one thing I learned in college steel is typically harder than aluminum [nono] and we all know what happened during the ice age with the glaciers [banghead].So why not treat your rifle with a little love and effection and drop an extra 15-20 cents per round. Not planning on converting anyone by posting this but I guess I will use my constitutional right and say what I think. [argue]
View Quote

ya...but you are talking old wolf (BAD) vs new wolf (good) and yes saying just pay 15 cents more a round sounds...hell incredibly cheap...I dont go out and shoot just one round...I ussualy have a full load of 10mags+1 in the gun...so 330 rnds...at least! per outing, 15 cents per round does add up to ALOT! esp. when I ussually buy a few thousand at a time...and yes I would have given ya the why feed that crap in yer expensive gun routine also...but there really isnt any quality cheap ammo anymore since the S. African stuff dried up, so i was at a loss for good plinking ammo for a good price, till they came out with this new wolf.  And as far as price on ammo goes...if you shoot ALOT, you will end up wasting enough money in the long run on buying more expensive ammo then just using cheaper stuff...that you could BUY another AR-15!! now think about that for a second.  The way I figure, cheaper ammo equals more trigger time, and thats the bottum line.
-brian-
Link Posted: 1/17/2004 3:49:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're trolling and I'm hijacking the thread [:D], sorry.....

1. AK shooting 20 yards to the right is not an ammo issue. That's the bottom line. You either have a dimpled bbl crown, sights are off, etc or are experiencing a shooter induced error.

2. Hard training means lots of quality dry fire as well as live fire. Read that as 1-2 k/ month. Wolf suffices for all but tack driving and saves you a significant amount of cash (for more ammo)

3. A firearm is a tool, pure and simple. It has no "feelings" about what type of ammo you shoot through it. You feed it and it works. If it doesn't work, you fix it. If you feed it crap ammo and shoot the bbl out then you replace the bbl sooner.

I know most are able to shoot 1/4 MOA groups   but my experience has shown that 1-3 MOA groups, prone unsupported, is damn fine shooting. If that's your game then go to the feed store and by your beast some sweet feed 193. Mine runs just fine, all day long, on straw....

Link Posted: 1/17/2004 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This is Russian ammo. Do NOT expect:
1) Hot loadings
2) Fragmenting bullets
3) Great accuracy

Do expect to pay less for blasting ammo. If you want/need M193, then buy XM193 or Q3131A.
View Quote

Yeah I know what not to expect from Russian ammo.  But I am still wondering about the accuracy.  Just b/c its Russian doesn't mean that it won't shoot straight.

If anybody has shot paper with a bench what kind of groups are you getting??

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2004 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#25]
And the one person who voted "I have had problems which will preclude me from using this ammunition again" did not bother to say WHAT his experience with the new Wolf was that caused him to vote thus.  Typical of a person who just hates Wolf and doesn't want to justify his vote.
Link Posted: 1/17/2004 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#26]
the wolf website said there was also hp, as opposed to fmj.

anyone seen it, know where to get it online?

TXL
Link Posted: 1/17/2004 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry, I should have clarified what I meant when I said 20 yards to the right. I guess I just got on a roll with my preaching. [banghead]
What I meant to say is the empty shell casing were flying 20 yards or further to the right, meaning that the ak will eat just about anything you throw in it while the ar-15 doesnt extract the spent brass as forcefully. I didn't mean that the rifle was shooting 20 yards to the right, (im not that bad of a shot).
Link Posted: 1/17/2004 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I think the brass deflector on the AR is what keeps the brass from flying so far out.  correct me if Im wrong.

as for the WOLF hatred...I too once hated the stuff, and preached it loudly to anyone I knew who shot it....But times change...They (wolf) took a known problem (laquer coating) and fixed it (new Polycoat) that to me was reason enough to change my old train of thought.  This whole thread is meant to kill off some of the misconseptions between the old stuff, and the new...just cause ya had bad luck with the old stuff doesnt mean you should still hold a grudge.  Bottum line if this stuff is cheap, and functions well....then maybe this will drive the current high prices of XM193, Q3131, and 855 DOWN! who knows.  Im just happy to have good cheap ammo to use and practice with.
-Brian-
Link Posted: 1/17/2004 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
<snip>Shouldn't you be nicer to your ar-15 and feed it some quality brass? Because if there is one thing I learned in college steel is typically harder than aluminum and we all know what happened during the ice age with the glaciers .So why not treat your rifle with a little love and effection and drop an extra 15-20 cents per round.<snip>

There's a couple of things wrong here - first of all, the chamber of an AR is steel, not aluminum. The receiver is forged aluminum, but the only aluminum the steel case will come into contact with is the brass deflector.

The other thing is this whole anecdotal evidence thing. "It must be bad because it was cheap" or "I know it's good because I paid a lot of money for it." There's certainly cases where this is true, but if you don't have any first-hand experience, then your opinion is useless.

If you shoot the stuff, and it gums up your gun, causes all kinds of MALFs, horible accuracy, whatever, then you have good reason not to use the ammo. There certainly are people who have had that experience, and they are obviously justified in giving this ammo a bad review.

[Edited 'cause I can't spel]
Link Posted: 1/17/2004 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#30]
To reply to the question regarding accuracy with russian ammo. I fire wolf throught the ole AK and have never fired anything else. I get great accuracy! Most people comlain about the inability of the 7.62 x 39 round but I hit steel plates (about 1 foot by 1 foot) at 200 meters all day long with my SAR1 eating Wolf (old school laquer Shiat). In other words mine shoots about as good As I can.
Link Posted: 1/19/2004 4:24:27 AM EDT
[#31]
[img]http://www.wolfammo.com/polymer_no_logo_jacki.gif[/img]
here you guys go
Link Posted: 1/19/2004 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#32]

I tried the new 62gr today. Worked for me, but the old stuff did also.

Personally, I don't care if anyone else likes it or not.
Link Posted: 1/19/2004 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#33]
I like the new stuff----very good value for the money.  Not my SHTF ammo, but great for weekend plinking.
Link Posted: 1/19/2004 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#34]
So who has the best online deal for Polymer Wolf?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2004 5:34:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Centerfire Systems, Inc. has wolf 55/62 grain FMJ 1000 rounds delivered to your door for $99.97.
[url]www.centerfiresystems.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/20/2004 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Centerfire Systems, Inc. has wolf 55/62 grain FMJ 1000 rounds delivered to your door for $99.97.
[url]www.centerfiresystems.com[/url]
View Quote

Doesn't say anything about it being the new stuff on their website.
Link Posted: 1/20/2004 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#37]
sportsmans guide has it...and its the new stuff. Just use coupon code spg743 for 5 bucks off a purchase of 50 or more.
-Brian-
Link Posted: 1/20/2004 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#38]
couple things....

#1 i wanna know who the TROLL was who checked "had problems, wont use it" and then DIDN'T explain anything... like number of rounds used, problems experienced etc. etc.!!  don't do something like that again, without reason!!  you aren't helping anyone by making statements without proof.

ok rant off, i got a little fired up there.  sorry guys.  just frustrates me that some one would say that.

#2 i emailed wolf about the 308 and their EXACT reply was......

"Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Unfortunately no, WOLF does not have the .308 available yet.  We still expect to have it available this year.

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in WOLF Performance Ammunition.

Sincerely,

WOLF Ammo"

there ya'll go

Stainless
Link Posted: 2/2/2004 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Added another vote for Used and had ZERO problems.

I shot 250 rounds of the new stuff:

16" Fulton armory non chrome lined barrel. Ate it up like candy wanting more.

250 rounds of the new stuff:

20" Bushmaster chrome lined.
It couldnt get enough. Had to put the rifle down due it being too hot to shoot!

Will definetely be buying more soon.

Link Posted: 2/2/2004 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Another update.

I just fired 150 rounds of it in a 24" varmint AR in -2* temps.  No probs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2004 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#41]
I shot 150 rounds each of 55 and 62 grain with a Bushmaster Varminter.  No problems what so ever, I was very happy with how it shot and experienced no problems.
Link Posted: 2/2/2004 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#42]
240 rounds, really really cold day...15 degrees and snowing.  No problems with the 62gr fmjs

I'm sure that some [s]asshole[/s] jokester from Michigan, Minnesota or Canada will have something to say about 15 not being cold, but dammit, it is cold!
Link Posted: 2/3/2004 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#43]
I just got 3 cases of the stuff from Centerfire systems and it is the old stuff.  I am not complaining, and will probably order more, but don't order it if you are expecting the polymer stuff.   Oh yeah, 2 RRA, 2 Bushies, and one Oly lower/Colt upper.  All eat Wolf just fine.  

My SHTF ammo is the XM193, by the way.

Doc
Link Posted: 2/3/2004 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
240 rounds, really really cold day...15 degrees and snowing.  No problems with the 62gr fmjs

I'm sure that some [s]asshole[/s] jokester from Michigan, Minnesota or Canada will have something to say about 15 not being cold, but dammit, it is cold!
View Quote

Same as above with the following changes....

300 rounds, really really warm day....78 degrees and sunny [:)]. Collin I'm in agreement..15 is cold, in fact 65 is COLD [:D]

I'm at about 1200 rounds without cleaning. Still runs my RR like a raped ape.

Good shooting all
Link Posted: 2/4/2004 3:13:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Cut and pasted from my report in another thread:

Today I picked up two small packs of wolf .223 at the Birch Run fun show, one each of the 55 and 62.

I braved the cold and snow to shoot off 100 of the 62 at my club's rifle range. I did all shooting at 50 yards because the 100 yard path through the snow was not well tramped.

Three shot group (front and rear bagged) was under an inch. Thirty rounds from one mag, also off the bags but semi-fast fire, went into less than 4.

I used my fulton which has given me problems with regular wolf before, but does okay with silver bear.

No function problems at all.

Cases feel slick to the touch. Another shooter, who is a real sub-inch nut (bolt guns and sub-minute--note he was at the range during cold and snow) said it felt to him almost like the cases were molyed.

Note: I bought and shot the FMJ. The seller also had wolf HP in poly cases, but it cost more and I didn't get it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2004 5:56:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, hell..I may have to try some of this shit for plinking.  One more report of good cycling would about do it, I think.
Link Posted: 2/4/2004 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#47]
DocGP, what weight bullet did you get? Wolf said that they have been sold out of the old green stuff for a while in 55 gr. but still had a little left in the 62 gr. For your best bets, order 55 gr. if you are not sure about the stock they have.

Maybe Centerfire is offering that free shipping deal solely to clear out their old stock of the laquer coated ammo? Seems like it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2004 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#48]
1,000 rounds - ZERO problems.

500 ish through a RRA Std M4

500 ish through a RRA Std A2

at 50 yards - 1-2 inches no problem. I get that with the Green stuff from my AK also.

Delivered for $101.00 from Sportmans Surplus (w/coupon).  

Another 2,000 on the way.  Finally can afford to really go out and shoot my AR's now.  It's all good.  Usually shoot Q13 winchester - so this is great!!

good luck

Link Posted: 2/29/2004 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm brand new to this forum, but would like to throw my 2 cents in-
 I have a DPMS AR-15, a Ruger Mini-30, a Ruger P90, and a Springfield XD40. The only one I have not used Wolf with is the AR. The Wolf 7.62x39 is awesome. No feed problems, no FTF or FTE and I've put probably 400 rds at a time through it. (Don't get too much time to shoot my guns these days- I'm in the Army and gone a lot). Same with my pistols, maybe a little excess fouling with the .40 but not bad. I get my ammo from Sportsman's Guide and their service is awesome, I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 2/29/2004 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I shot about 300 rounds of the Wolf P 223 55 grn fmj today seemed decently accurate plinking cans, rocks and empty hulls. No failures to extract or any problems. Did not seem to burn as dirty or stink as bad as the Old style wolf did. I fired all rounds through a "parts rifle" RRA and Bushy mix 16" A2 Car Midlength post ban ejection was snappy to the right and back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top