Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2004 3:47:07 PM EDT
shot 260rds today in my AR.  i've never had a failure in it until today.  but it was just one and i think it was mag related.  if i don't have any more in the remaining 240rds i will buy more of it.

good stuff IMO.

i also shot 100rds of the .45 with no problems in my SA 1911.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot lots of Wolf in my Bushmaster.  The only real problem with the Wolf is the laquer coating they put on the steel casing.  During sustained fire, this can, and probably will, gum up the works.  Not sure about acellerated wear on the extractor being steel case and all.

I'd shoot it, just don't depend on it.  Make your stash good old brassed cased stuff.

Link Posted: 6/26/2004 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
i've read about it being underpowered but i don't think that's what caused my failure.  the bolt was partway open, the spent case was still half in the chamber and the next round had popped partway out of the magazine.  i rebuilt this mag a few months ago...i think there's something wrong with it though.

if it was underpowered the next round would have still been completely in the mag.  that's the only explanation i came up with.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
well, you know, any assembly line ammo is as only as good as the quality control of the factory.

If you research it, you'll find Federal ammo with no powder and Remington doing recalls for overcharged ammo.

That's why we don't load till we're ready to fire, and wear eye and ear protection
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
no powder!  i've seen pics of 1911forums where someone had a couple rds where the bullet was put in backwards.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
works good for me, a bit underpowered
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
no powder!  i've seen pics of 1911forums where someone had a couple rds where the bullet was put in backwards.

I certainly hope you don't mean the cartridge was put in the chamber backwards!!!!

Link Posted: 6/27/2004 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I certainly hope you don't mean the cartridge was put in the chamber backwards!!!!

no, the bullet was put into the case backwarsd!  it was UMC .45acp.  i saw the pics of 1911forums.  someone else replied that they had found one or two as well.  whoops!

shot more of the wolf today with no problems.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top