Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:27:30 AM EDT
Anyone use this, and what do you use it in?

About to order some from Widener's and any help is appreciated
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
There has been quite alot of talk on this ammunition in past treads.  Basicly it is +P++++++ 9mm ammunition(No my keyboard did not stick!)  
Do all your home work first before you buy this ammo.  It will damge some guns and may even hurt you if you do not use it properly.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Ultra high pressure sub-gun Ammo IIRC. Not sure its a good Idea to feed it to pistols.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I use it in an open bolt Uzi SMG and a Ruger P85 pistol. Both handle it well.

What are you going to use it in?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
My G17 when I get it and my semi uzi
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:26:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A G17 can take a lot of abuse, but understand that even if it functions fine, you are greatly accelerating the wear on that pistol by running such overpowered ammo in it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#6]
the uzi will like the Hirtenberger +P+ 9mm .
my mini uzi loves it.
chris
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I got it in this afternoon, now I just have to get a chance to test it out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi guys,
    Here are some fired L7A1 cases with a Winchester white box case at the top for a comparison. Weapon was an open bolt Erma MP40 SMG. Cases all fired same day with temp around 70 F. You can see the same bolt mark on each case. Note round primer on Winchester vs flat cratered primers on L7A1. Also note the discoloration in the center of the primer from the increased temp & pressure. Nothing like that in the center of the Winchester primer.
    I have had L7A1 primers blow during the summer right where you see the discoloration. On two occasions, hot gases and small metal particles have hit me in the face when the primers have  blown on L7A1.  So I shoot the Winchester during the summer heat & the L7A1 during the rest of the year. Even then, I only fire L7A1 ammo in open bolt subguns.The L7A1 ammo was developed for use in open bolt subguns in Arctic conditions. It is very good ammo at a reasonable price. Use it as it was intended.
                                                                          Carey

Link Posted: 10/22/2005 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A G17 can take a lot of abuse, but understand that even if it functions fine, you are greatly accelerating the wear on that pistol by running such overpowered ammo in it.

So he will only get 200,000 rounds out of it instead of 250,000?
Link Posted: 10/23/2005 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I love when people post pics.  I bought some from Wideners recently (the ammo cans were badly dented but ammo was intact) but only intend to shoot it in a semi-auto Uzi.  Even though a Glock can take it, why risk it?  

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey all,

I saw a decent price on a case of this stuff, and was wondering if there would be any known problems with me putting it through my Oly 9mm upper?  If it's made for subguns, then a 16" barrelled blow-back ArRshould be fine you think?  I have the MGI RRB buffer in use with the Oly Upper on a MEGA lower.

Thanks,

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey all,

I saw a decent price on a case of this stuff, and was wondering if there would be any known problems with me putting it through my Oly 9mm upper?  If it's made for subguns, then a 16" barrelled blow-back ArRshould be fine you think?  I have the MGI RRB buffer in use with the Oly Upper on a MEGA lower.

Thanks,

No Expert

I'd find some one with some to try first before buying a whole case of it and finding that its too hot. Personally, I wouldn't use it in a closed bolt firing gun with a long barrel.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey all,

Thanks,

No Expert

I'd find some one with some to try first before buying a whole case of it and finding that its too hot. Personally, I wouldn't use it in a closed bolt firing gun with a long barrel.

I can order a single box to try out...cots a little more than case pricing of course....
But you think the longer barrel would be a bad thing with hotter ammo like the Hirt?

No Expert
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top