Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2006 7:01:23 PM EDT
I started discussing some of this ammo in this thread. Today, I went back and bought a couple of thousand rounds of some for my rifle I've also added some pics of the 9mm from the previous thread.

Their headstamps say the following:

Geco Dynamit Nobel 123 gr 9mm: Geco 9mm Para
Federal 123 gr. 9mm Luger: FC 9mm Luger

PMC 223 Rem. 64gr PSP: PMC 223 Rem
PMC  5.56 MM Ball M193: 556 (then somewhat illegible)
PMC 5.56 MM Ball M193 (in camo box): PMC 223 Rem

I'm somewhat confused with these headstamps, as both boxes of PMC say "556," yet the rounds in the brown paper box say 556 while those in the camo box say 223. I have a couple of brand new plastic ammo cans in a case of the PMC, with five or six bandoliers loaded with of the PMC, all on stripper clips.

As far as the 9mm goes, I've gotten some good feedback on the Geco 9mm, but have never seen any 123 gr Federal. All of this stuff was boxed and stored carefully in a large safe, as all the boxes and bandoliers are bone dry. I think I did pretty good here, but would apreciate comments from folks more learned on ammunition than myself, so thanks in advance.

One things for sure, I've never bought so much ammo in a two day period in my life!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Should all be good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless I miss my guess, most of that looks like late eighties, early ninties packaging
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Both the brown box and camo box are M193 spec ammo.  5.56 pressures.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:19:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input-much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:56:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you find a deal and you're holding out on us?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did you find a deal and you're holding out on us?

Yes I did, and no I'm not.

PM or email me, or call me if you like, for details.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top