User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Isn't it great to live in America?

It is.  That's why I choose to order from AIM Surplus.  Great prices, great service, no asshole personality or anti-social behavior, no history of screwing over arfcommers or purposefully misrepresenting products.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm not aware of any screwing I ever got from Eric.  Many years ago he mistakenly sent me the incorrect type of Federal LE 12 gauge slugs.  When I brought it to his attention, he sent me the correct ammo, gratis.  And that was the worst experience I had with him.  
So I really wish y'all would not shine your experiences on my world, thank you very much.  If you as an individual received treatment you did not like, make it known.  I would strongly suggest you start with the individual/organization you feel wronged you.  If you want them to be upright and honest, you should abide by that philosophy as well.  Don't we get enough crap from the antis trying to shut us down, that we shouldn't run down our side over someone else's slight, real or perceived?  Heck when I got back from my last hitch on the ship I saw the Republicans were shying away from a fund raiser because it was being held where machine guns would be available to rent.  And the state version of the NRA was talking smack about doing away with EBR's, as a token gesture.  And these folks are supposed to be on our side.  I really think we are in troubled times, indeed.

Sorry.  It wasn't a slight, it was fraud. Period.  Scammoman burned a lot of bridges here when he fucked a gentleman over bad, and that wasn't the first time.  I haven't bought a thing from him since, and have no intention of EVER buying anything again from him.

AIM is my main go-to for ammo now.  They are pleasant to deal with, will correct a problem without being rude, and actually seem to appreciate our business.  That's mainly where my money goes now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm not aware of any screwing I ever got from Eric.  Many years ago he mistakenly sent me the incorrect type of Federal LE 12 gauge slugs.  When I brought it to his attention, he sent me the correct ammo, gratis.  And that was the worst experience I had with him.  
So I really wish y'all would not shine your experiences on my world, thank you very much.  If you as an individual received treatment you did not like, make it known.  I would strongly suggest you start with the individual/organization you feel wronged you.  If you want them to be upright and honest, you should abide by that philosophy as well.  Don't we get enough crap from the antis trying to shut us down, that we shouldn't run down our side over someone else's slight, real or perceived?  Heck when I got back from my last hitch on the ship I saw the Republicans were shying away from a fund raiser because it was being held where machine guns would be available to rent.  And the state version of the NRA was talking smack about doing away with EBR's, as a token gesture.  And these folks are supposed to be on our side.  I really think we are in troubled times, indeed.

i just love it when new members freshly registered come out of the woodwork to defend known crooks.

as i've already said once in this thread...

FUCK AMMOMAN!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Everything scammo man does is questionable ethically and morally.

In the business world we call people like him "douche".
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Isn't it great to live in America?

Yes it is. You choose to do business with who you want and I'll do likewise.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Aren't businesses in the business to make a profit?  And who gave you the authority to tell me when I am paying too much?  I certainly did not see you on the ship earning my paycheck.  You are sounding like an anti, telling me what I need to think.  Next thing you'll be saying I was ripped off when I bought the AR's I bought.
Like I said, if YOU don't want to purchase from Eric, its all good.  And if I want to, that's all good, too.  You drive your truck, and I drive mine.  If you don't like me saying you have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to mine, maybe you need to get some MOD to boot me from the site.  That would certainly be the American thing to do, hunh?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Aren't businesses in the business to make a profit?  And who gave you the authority to tell me when I am paying too much?  I certainly did not see you on the ship earning my paycheck.  You are sounding like an anti, telling me what I need to think.  Next thing you'll be saying I was ripped off when I bought the AR's I bought.
Like I said, if YOU don't want to purchase from Eric, its all good.  And if I want to, that's all good, too.  You drive your truck, and I drive mine.  If you don't like me saying you have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to mine, maybe you need to get some MOD to boot me from the site.  That would certainly be the American thing to do, hunh?

You obviously don't know his history.

It's not about how much he charges for ammo, or anything like that.

He falsely represented an item and when the buyer tried to get satisfaction for being ripped off, Scammoman told him to "fuck off" and lawyered up.

That's the problem people have with him.  If you were a member you could read about the whole sordid episode in the archives.

I choose to spend my money with those who aren't out to rip me off.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
at the risk of being newly registered and defending what has been described as a "known crook", I was looking around for a while for some good surplus. I bought a k of the lc 855 from ammoman, have dealt w/ him before and always w/ the fast delivery. Ignored the leo warning, as he did, got it in a week.

What has me wondering is the description of ammo loose in the box as pd. ?? this seems all bright, and every headstamp I have looked at said 07. Looks like new production. Is there something supposedly wrong w/ this ammo? other than the price and the source, they seem to have been discussed.

btw where do leo get there bullets from? I suspect the feds would order direct from the source, cant police departments also?

sam
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Bullshit.

Scammoman's lining his pockets.  He sells ammmo for profit...he ain't doing you a "favor".  

Read Brian Flannagan's post on page 2.

Call me when AIM will take orders without needing a faxed copy of your DL, like ammoman does.

Call me when AIM will IGNORE dumbass MANUFACTURER rules and sell "LEO only" ammo to us peons, like ammoman does.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#11]
For all those who now hate LC for there business practices and don't want to have there product on you hands any more please send me an IM and I will take that horrible product off your hands so you can feel better about your self.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#12]
And I'll split it with you, if you're straight with that.
As far as collecting ID's; I'm sure if you checked your recent transactions, you find my D/L in the heap.  I buy from whomever I feel has what I want, at the price I want to pay.  If they don't have what I want, I look elsewhere.  If they want more than what I want to pay for it, I look elsewhere, or do without.  I'm thinking the American system operates that way.  
I certainly don't begrudge AIM the copy of my D/L; I have a number of friends who buy only FTF, only cash transactions.  I'm all good with that as well.  It would seem I let others pick their own deals more than some, and I'm all good with that, sas well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i just love it when new members freshly registered come out of the woodwork to defend known crooks.

as i've already said once in this thread...

FUCK AMMOMAN!

What he said.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.

Scammoman's lining his pockets.  He sells ammmo for profit...he ain't doing you a "favor".  

Read Brian Flannagan's post on page 2.

Call me when AIM will take orders without needing a faxed copy of your DL, like ammoman does.

Call me when AIM will IGNORE dumbass MANUFACTURER rules and sell "LEO only" ammo to us peons, like ammoman does.

+1  Nothing against Aim, but Ammoman has never treated "me" wrong.  I'll buy whatever I can buy, when I feel that I need it, at a price that's reasonable, in the "easiest" way possible.  The faxed drivers license policy messes with my paranoid meter.    
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#15]
What makes LEO ammo different?  Isn't the difference that there is no excise tax?  So if, some one sells LEO ammo to non LEO wouldn't  there be tax issues?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well, last night I ordered a K of the restricted ammo.  Need to increase the depth of my stash.  This morning I got an email with a UPS tracking number; my K will be on my doorstep by the end of the week.  
I'm betting when ATK imposed the restriction that got y'all riled, Eric did just like someone surmised, posted it on his website, and paid it as much attention as I did last night.
So I guess y'all must some deep stocks to bash the guy like you have, when in actuality you could have ordered it, too.
Its all good.

Eric is that you?  Thanks for showing up  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
at the risk of being newly registered and defending what has been described as a "known crook", I was looking around for a while for some good surplus. I bought a k of the lc 855 from ammoman, have dealt w/ him before and always w/ the fast delivery. Ignored the leo warning, as he did, got it in a week.

What has me wondering is the description of ammo loose in the box as pd. ?? this seems all bright, and every headstamp I have looked at said 07. Looks like new production. Is there something supposedly wrong w/ this ammo? other than the price and the source, they seem to have been discussed.

btw where do leo get there bullets from? I suspect the feds would order direct from the source, cant police departments also?

sam

AMMOMAN's Proxy account. Note the Join Date and Post number.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#21]
some one want to bump the ammoman accounts from the archive?  They may need a re reading for the newcomers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:48:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't know if this smart-ass comment was meant for me since it was posted right below mine, but I never said anything about who you should or should not buy from. I responded to your question about living in America by saying you buy where you want and I'll do the same. If your comment was directed at me you are way off base, I never stated or even insinuated that you are paying too much for anything. The fact is you brought up a topic that was sure to rekindle the flames of bad experiences that a lot of guys here have had with Ammoman and you didn't like what you were hearing.

The thing is I don't give a shit where you buy your ammo nor do I give a shit how much you pay for your ammo. That IS the American thing to do now isn't it?

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Sure is.
And just because my reply followed yours doesn't mean it was directed to/at you.
As far as bringing up Eric's past history with someone else here; I am not one to sit in judgement of anyone else.  Had he done me wrong, I would deal with it in my way, and spend my money elsewhere.  He hasn't, so I don't.  I certainly wouldn't try to suggest to y'all who you should buy from because I had a bad experience.  
Y'all infer Eric has a history of bad dealings within this community.  Am I just fortunate in the many transactions I've done that I've never had a real issue?  The one instance there was something amiss y'all had greater heartache with it than either Eric or I had, and y'all certainly weren't involved.  Go figure.
I'd be willing to bet there have been far more instances of abuse/issues with UPS, than Eric, but I certainly don't see signs of y'all dealing with Fedex's crap to deprive UPS of your patronage.  Again I say, go figure.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

sam

Hi, My name is Eric and I am a..........................................................................

Can you post pictures of this beautiful ammo showing us the beautiful brass and '07 headstamps? I've never seen "bright" ammo from LC and I have shot plenty of it. Bright is a term I associate with commercial ammo that is tumbled for aesthetic reasons.

Anyone can buy whatever ammo they want from whomever they want, at any price. Like I said, I recently paid $400 for a K off WCC Q3269(M855) in twenty round boxes from a reputable dealer. So I won't rag at you for what you paid. Rather, my issue is with a vendor that has a documented history of cheating people and telling them to fuck off when given the opportunity to make it right, that bothers me. I would rather see us police ourselves of scoundrels, our hobby is under enough fire without having jerks like Scammoman make the situation worse.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I believe I mentioned the ammo should arrive by the end of the week.  If you can wait until I get back from my ship, I would be more than happy to post pics of it.  I get back just after Labor Day.  While I do have access to the internet onboard the ship, I don't think UPS will reroute delivery to Mobile for me.  
And I believe if you feel Eric's past behavior with you or those you know warrants you not spending your money with him, it may have the policing effect you desire.  After all he is in business, and without customers, he can't stay in business long.  And while I remain free to spend my money where I see fit, if I am one of very few to patronize him, he won't last much longer with that, either.  And one less purveyor of ammo is really what we need now, I see that clear as day.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Sure is.
And just because my reply followed yours doesn't mean it was directed to/at you.
As far as bringing up Eric's past history with someone else here; I am not one to sit in judgement of anyone else.  Had he done me wrong, I would deal with it in my way, and spend my money elsewhere.  He hasn't, so I don't.  I certainly wouldn't try to suggest to y'all who you should buy from because I had a bad experience.  
Y'all infer Eric has a history of bad dealings within this community.  Am I just fortunate in the many transactions I've done that I've never had a real issue?  The one instance there was something amiss y'all had greater heartache with it than either Eric or I had, and y'all certainly weren't involved.  Go figure.
I'd be willing to bet there have been far more instances of abuse/issues with UPS, than Eric, but I certainly don't see signs of y'all dealing with Fedex's crap to deprive UPS of your patronage.  Again I say, go figure.

Then learn how to use the 'quote' button.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:49:06 AM EDT
[#27]
And why would I want to do that?
Did you mention anything about business?  If you look back a number of replies prior, you would see the reply my reply is very germaine to.  I rekno you need to learn to use the scroll wheel on your mouse.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#28]
And now you'll be telling me to learn how to run spell check
Shoulda been learn
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:03:30 AM EDT
[#29]
OOpps, shoulda been think
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:30:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
well, i never had an issue with buying from aimsurplus.

And i even got a free t-shirt on my last order.

Why, no idea, but I like it.

TXL

Hey.... I never got a free t-shirt....

I only got the ammo that I ordered, well packaged & delivered quickly.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:34:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
well, i never had an issue with buying from aimsurplus.

And i even got a free t-shirt on my last order.

Why, no idea, but I like it.

TXL

Hey.... I never got a free t-shirt....

I only got the ammo that I ordered, well packaged & delivered quickly.

I did

You must not have gotten the memo?

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I did

You must not have gotten the memo?

I didn't get no memo, either......
I guess 2000 rnds did not qualify me for a t-shirt  

Oh well, maybe next time.......
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Hey, save the Ammoman flames for the winter. I like to warm my hands by them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
And why would I want to do that?
Did you mention anything about business?  If you look back a number of replies prior, you would see the reply my reply is very germaine to.  I rekno you need to learn to use the scroll wheel on your mouse.

I know how to use the scroll wheel, and I can spell.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I've been a satisfied customer of ammoman for many years.  I would love to hear the facts of the alleged misdeeds.  One customer once?  It's disapointing to read profanity without reasoned facts. I really like the way ammoman posts photos of the ammo you are buying and i've always received exactly what was pictured.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I've been a satisfied customer of ammoman for many years.  I would love to hear the facts of the alleged misdeeds.  One customer once?  It's disapointing to read profanity without reasoned facts. I really like the way ammoman posts photos of the ammo you are buying and i've always received exactly what was pictured.

Eric you have many accounts, thanks for joining us again.  The booze may have gotten to you, forget the vietnam bring-back deal?  Forget scamming the hundreds of customers and shipping the wrong ammo, then say fuck and you and hanging up and banning their emails and phone calls?  Forget saying you will sue anyone who says they didn't receive the ammo they paid for and want their money back for not getting what they ordered at all?

hmm scammoman, lay off the
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#37]
So those are facts?????
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
So those are facts?????

those are the facts.

Everyone makes mistakes...it's how you fix or don't fix them that determine my future business dealings with you.

scammoman chose to take the dirtball douchebag approach.  I will not purchase from him in the future.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So those are facts?????

those are the facts.

Everyone makes mistakes...it's how you fix or don't fix them that determine my future business dealings with you.

scammoman chose to take the dirtball douchebag approach.  I will not purchase from him in the future.

I think cetmesofnh is ammoman. Same shitty attitude and same witty replies.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, I reckon y'all can think whatever you like about who I might, or might not be.
And if the SKS was intentionally mis-advertised, why the hesitancy not to take Eric to task?  
I would certainly agree if that had happened to me.  As I indicated previously, Eric has had exactly one mistake in my orders.  And he made it right.  I'm going to flame him for that?  Not likely.
And I guess if I don't agree with you on other things I'll be castigated as the instigator of them, in camoflage?  Intriguing outlook on life.  Don't deal with the issue, deal with the messenger.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Learn to read the post carefully for once. The guy in SKS deal did "Take Eric to the task" and Eric proceed to tell him to fuck off and lawyer up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#43]
He is listed in the hall of shame, that should be more than enough for people.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Did the purchaser "lawyer up"?  Was a court involved?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Well, I reckon y'all can think whatever you like about who I might, or might not be.
And if the SKS was intentionally mis-advertised, why the hesitancy not to take Eric to task?  
I would certainly agree if that had happened to me.  As I indicated previously, Eric has had exactly one mistake in my orders.  And he made it right.  I'm going to flame him for that?  Not likely.
And I guess if I don't agree with you on other things I'll be castigated as the instigator of them, in camoflage?  Intriguing outlook on life.  Don't deal with the issue, deal with the messenger.  

"Birds of a feather"  Enjoy eric and your SPECIAL relationship
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#47]
cetmesofhn, Not sure if you can't read, or just playing dumb.  Eric is the one that lawyer up and tell the customer to sue him.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Surely
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Well when I asked if the purchaser took him to task, I was referring to holding him to the legal standards he chose to break.  Now when I ask if the purchaser took him to task, and you come back saying Eric is the one who lawyered up, am I to gather that act on Eric's part dissuaded the victim from following through to the legal limit of his options?  
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top