Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2007 9:46:38 AM EDT
Does Dick's do the ammo coupon on a regular basis?  I bought some UMC .223 for about 0.26/round and was hoping I could get some more from them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2007 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2007 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#2]
we don't right now and not for awhile i reckon but ill keep y'all posted on sales and what not.
Link Posted: 10/17/2007 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/17/2007 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
i used to work there too, i was a lodge employee for like 3 months, we didnt even get a discount on guns or ammo.

Theres very little they can do for you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2007 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/18/2007 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They were out of it last week before the coupon expired. I got a raincheck.

I don't think it is a frequent occurence. I seem to remeber them doing this around the start of hunting season last year too.

They told me they didn't issue rainchecks! I didn't press the point as he had calld the other store nearby and they were also out.

Does this raincheck policy vary from state to state, or were they lazy?

Thanks,
Walsh
Link Posted: 10/18/2007 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Lazy.

Contact the corporate office and tell them which store you visited.  Ask them for the rain check.
Link Posted: 10/18/2007 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/18/2007 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lazy.

Contact the corporate office and tell them which store you visited.  Ask them for the rain check.

I tossed the coupon on the way out the door

Walsh
Link Posted: 10/19/2007 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Aw shoot, now I see the coupon.  I just picked up some shotgun shells from Dicks today during lunch, I could have saved ten bucks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2007 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/19/2007 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:[

Just used the $10 coupon with their case discount and got a hell of a deal.  Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 10/19/2007 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They were out of it last week before the coupon expired. I got a raincheck.

I don't think it is a frequent occurence. I seem to remeber them doing this around the start of hunting season last year too.

They told me they didn't issue rainchecks! I didn't press the point as he had calld the other store nearby and they were also out.

Does this raincheck policy vary from state to state, or were they lazy?

Thanks,
Walsh

The guy told me "they" don't issue rain checks. By "they" he meant the hunting section. He told me to head down to the main register where they gladly did it.

Anyone know if that expired coupon is available anywhere? I remember what the guy looks like and I'll try to get a rain check if I can print another one.

Thanks,
Walsh
Link Posted: 10/19/2007 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I tried that buy one get one half off coupon (limit 6 boxes).  A 200 rnd value pack is considered 10 boxes of 20 rnds, not 1 box of 200.  Every register I went to, they told me that they would only take half off 3 boxes out of the 10 inside.  What a rip off!!  This was later in the week when I had heard stories all week of people getting great deals on ammo.  Son of a bitch!
Link Posted: 10/20/2007 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I tried that buy one get one half off coupon (limit 6 boxes).  A 200 rnd value pack is considered 10 boxes of 20 rnds, not 1 box of 200.  Every register I went to, they told me that they would only take half off 3 boxes out of the 10 inside.  What a rip off!!  This was later in the week when I had heard stories all week of people getting great deals on ammo.  Son of a bitch!

Which store in NY?  They tried to tell me the same thing in Albany.  They tried to tell me the box was a case  Which is BS because if it was a case then each 20 rounds would have to be packaged for resale, which they are not. I argued with them untill they finally relented.  Unfortunately they only had 3 boxes.  I only bought 2 because the third was at full price anyway.
Link Posted: 10/20/2007 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I was at a Dicks on Friday in Syracuse,,,,,not much Love there in the AMMO Dept ! the 200 rd Value Pack was $70 bucks,,plus good ole NY tax on top of that,,Hmmmmmm,not much Value in my eyes !!! hinking.gif With the $10 dollar Coupon that wouldn't of been to bad I guess,,,$6 bucks a box,,which is pretty fair !!! They had Wolf for $6 bucks,,,,, I'll keep checking my Local Paper for coupons and see if I can grap a deal !! I been pretty happy though,,I been buying Braunal for $3.99 a box,,but all good things must end and thats gone now !! Oh well I'll keep scanning the local shops and sporting goods places !!
Link Posted: 10/20/2007 6:16:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which store in NY?  They tried to tell me the same thing in Albany.  They tried to tell me the box was a case  Which is BS because if it was a case then each 20 rounds would have to be packaged for resale, which they are not. I argued with them untill they finally relented.  Unfortunately they only had 3 boxes.  I only bought 2 because the third was at full price anyway.

They where probably doing that since they realized the coupon was too good and where trying to damage control. Its amazing what clever use of coupons can get you. I recall seeing a thread on somethingawful where a guy managed to use a badly-worded coupon to fill 2 shopping carts full of 2-liter sodas for under $10 or something insane.
Link Posted: 10/20/2007 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought their 4 boxes of 25rds Win Xpert shotgun load "value pack" and got the 2nd value pack for half off.  Each store must have their share of clueless staff.  Mine just worked in my favor.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top