Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2009 7:58:34 AM EDT
Do NOT buy any ammunition from TSGCOM.com or any of it's affiliates (Waltherpistols.com, GotRifle.com, Ameriglostore.com, SigPistols.com, ConcealGun.com, AmmoSupply.com). They do NOT treat their customers honestly.

I recently made a purchase of 1000 rds of Magtech .45ACP from Waltherpistols.com.  The website clearly said the ammo was in stock at the time of purchase, but 4 days later I checked the website again to see if it was still in stock and I couldn't find the product on their website at all, so I called.  The number on their website connects directly to TGSCOM.  I was told by the representative on the phone that the item was NOT in stock, my order was backordered, and they had no idea when more would come in, so I asked to cancel the order, and I would just buy it somewhere else.  The representative said the order was canceled and that was that, or so I thought.  I bought the ammo from somewhere else.  I was out for a few days, and when I returned three days later, I had my ammo (purchased from Luckygunner.com; I recommend them).  When I checked my email, I had an email from TGSCOM saying the ammo was now in stock, asking if I still wanted to cancel the order!!  I promptly replied saying YES cancel the order (AGAIN) as I had already purchased (and received) the ammo from someone else.  The rep emailed me back to say the order was now (finally) canceled, and I now owed $57 in restocking fees!!  The fees were never mentioned by that rep or the one I originally spoke to.  After reading the fine print on the website I originally tried to purchase from (waltherpistols.com) it mentioned there MAY be a restocking fee if you RETURN ammunition (which I didn't, since I never received it).  I called the company and spoke to a rep who said the original person I spoke to when I called to cancel the first time was completely wrong and the ammo was in stock at that time.  Because the ammo was in stock when I canceled it, I owed the $57 in restocking fees.  I told them the mistake was THEIRS and not mine, so I should not have to pay for their mistake.  Their manager agreed it was their mistake but she REFUSED to refund the restocking fee unless I made the original purchase!!

I SHOULD have said no and called my credit card company to report them, but I made the purchase to avoid paying the fee and then reported them to the Wisconsin Better Business Bureau, as I told them I would.  Of course the manager didn't care I was unhappy about being treated unfairly, nor did she care that I was going to report them to the BBB.  

Wow.  Avoid TGSCOM at all costs.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks man, but thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Do NOT buy any ammunition from TSGCOM.com or any of it's affiliates (Waltherpistols.com, GotRifle.com, Ameriglostore.com, SigPistols.com, ConcealGun.com, AmmoSupply.com). They do NOT treat their customers honestly.

I recently made a purchase of 1000 rds of Magtech .45ACP from Waltherpistols.com.  The website clearly said the ammo was in stock at the time of purchase, but 4 days later I checked the website again to see if it was still in stock and I couldn't find the product on their website at all, so I called.  The number on their website connects directly to TGSCOM.  I was told by the representative on the phone that the item was NOT in stock, my order was backordered, and they had no idea when more would come in, so I asked to cancel the order, and I would just buy it somewhere else.  The representative said the order was canceled and that was that, or so I thought.  I bought the ammo from somewhere else.  I was out for a few days, and when I returned three days later, I had my ammo (purchased from Luckygunner.com ;I recommend them).  When I checked my email, I had an email again from TGSCOM saying the ammo was now in stock, asking if I still wanted to cancel the order!!  I promptly replied saying YES cancel the order (AGAIN) as I had already purchased (and received) the ammo from someone else.  The rep emailed me back to say the order was now (finally) canceled, and I now owed $57 in restocking fees!!  The fees were never mentioned by that rep or the one I originally spoke to.  After reading the fine print on the website I originally tried to purchase from (waltherpistols.com) it mentioned there MAY be a restocking fee if you RETURN ammunition (which I didn't, since I never received it).  I called the company and spoke to a rep who said the original person I spoke to when I called to cancel the first time was completely wrong and the ammo was in stock at that time.  Because the ammo was in stock when I canceled it, I owed the $57 in restocking fees.  I told them the mistake was THEIRS and not mine, so I should not have to pay for their mistake.  She agreed it was their mistake but REFUSED to refund the restocking fee unless I made the original purchase!!

I SHOULD have said no and called my credit card company to report them, but I made the purchase to avoid paying the fee and then reported them to the Wisconsin Better Business Bureau, as I told them I would.  OF course, the manager didn't care I was unhappy about being treated unfairly, nor did she care that I was going to report them to the BBB.  

10-4. Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#3]
The lack of customer service amazes me these days. Imagine if they had admitted there mistake and offered you the ammo at cost. This would be whole different thread. Instead that $57 cost them god knows how much. For a manager to acknowlede one of her people screwed up and realizing you had been through the ringer already and then stick you again is simply just amazing.

We should start another section on ARFCOM called "Customer Service" and "Customer Non-Service". The threads would be endless in both directions im sure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like they are just a drop ship company...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Not saying you shouldn't call the BBB, but if it was me I would be filing a consumer fraud complaint the with Wisco Atty General's office.  That seems to get people's attention when the BBB doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I recently made a purchase of 1000 rds of Magtech .45ACP from Waltherpistols.com.  The website clearly said the ammo was in stock at the time of purchase, but 4 days later I checked the website again to see if it was still in stock and I couldn't find the product on their website at all, so I called.  The number on their website connects directly to TGSCOM.  I was told by the representative on the phone that the item was NOT in stock, my order was backordered, and they had no idea when more would come in, so I asked to cancel the order, and I would just buy it somewhere else.  The representative said the order was canceled and that was that, or so I thought.  I bought the ammo from somewhere else.  I was out for a few days, and when I returned three days later, I had my ammo (purchased from Luckygunner.com ;I recommend them).  When I checked my email, I had an email again from TGSCOM saying the ammo was now in stock, asking if I still wanted to cancel the order!!  I promptly replied saying YES cancel the order (AGAIN) as I had already purchased (and received) the ammo from someone else.  The rep emailed me back to say the order was now (finally) canceled, and I now owed $57 in restocking fees!!  The fees were never mentioned by that rep or the one I originally spoke to.  After reading the fine print on the website I originally tried to purchase from (waltherpistols.com) it mentioned there MAY be a restocking fee if you RETURN ammunition (which I didn't, since I never received it).  I called the company and spoke to a rep who said the original person I spoke to when I called to cancel the first time was completely wrong and the ammo was in stock at that time.  Because the ammo was in stock when I canceled it, I owed the $57 in restocking fees.  I told them the mistake was THEIRS and not mine, so I should not have to pay for their mistake.  She agreed it was their mistake but REFUSED to refund the restocking fee unless I made the original purchase!!

I SHOULD have said no and called my credit card company to report them, but I made the purchase to avoid paying the fee and then reported them to the Wisconsin Better Business Bureau, as I told them I would.  OF course, the manager didn't care I was unhappy about being treated unfairly, nor did she care that I was going to report them to the BBB.  

You should also call the Attorney Generals  office and tell them about TGSCOMS business practices.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I would aggree with the suggestion to call the Attorney Generals office. Filing a complaint with the BBB might do somethig only if the company is a member of the BBB. Odds are the company is not a member, so the BBB has no power to do anything for you other than register your complaint.

Unfortunatly the Attorney Generals office is unlikely to really do anything specifically for you either as this does not sond like anything criminal has taken place, just some really shitty buisiness practices. If the Attorney General gets enough complaints about them, they will probably look into them though.

I would just take every opportunity to warn people away from this group of businesses as you are doing here.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Appreciate the heads up.  I have purchased from them occasionally over the last few years.  That patronage ends now.  It truly does amaze me as well in this day and age.  We don't even need a thread for these types- just from ARFCOM I have a list sitting up there in the 'ole noggin.  Funny how the names tend to stick.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Unfortunatly the Attorney Generals office is unlikely to really do anything specifically for you either as this does not sond like anything criminal has taken place, just some really shitty buisiness practices. If the Attorney General gets enough complaints about them, they will probably look into them though.

It's worth a shot.  I reported Soyo to the California Attorney General's office because they refused to honor a $50.00 rebate.  Filing with the CA BBB did absolutely nothing.  Some time a later detective called me and stated he was pretty fed up with all the complaints about Soyo.  I told him my story and faxed over all my documentation.  A couple weeks later he calls me, he's at the Soyo office and wants my address.  He told me and Soyo he is not leaving their office until my rebate check is cut.  I get the check about a week later and a letter from the Attorney General's office.  Nice work.  I sent a letter back thanking them too.

ETA:  I actually still have the rebate and Attorney General's letter.  Looks like it took a year to get my money out of Soyo:

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#10]
It is a known fact that TGSCOM is source of SCAMs. They hold many names, to spread the suckyness.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:42:15 AM EDT
[#11]
What would you have spent, over their price, had you bought from a reputable supplier?  Do business with GOOD, ESTABLISHED businesses even if it costs you a few $ more.  Not to say there are not some great start up companies out there but business longevity says a lot about someone.

My brother buys based on lowest price and he usually gets lowest q.c. and c.s.

P
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:10:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Call you Credit card company. I am sure they will credit you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the heads-up; I've never bought from them but have seen their name posted here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

At this point, he has ordered (and presumably received) product from the company.  It's too late to dispute as long as the product was delivered in "as advertised" condition.  The time to dispute it would have been when the cheats were saying "Oh, you owe us a $57 restocking fee."  At that point, he should have said "I'm not going to pay that and my very next phone call will be to my credit card company to dispute any and all charges made by your company."  Followed by calls to the BBB and the Attorney General in the state the business is registered in/operating from.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point, he has ordered (and presumably received) product from the company.  It's too late to dispute as long as the product was delivered in "as advertised" condition.  The time to dispute it would have been when the cheats were saying "Oh, you owe us a $57 restocking fee."  At that point, he should have said "I'm not going to pay that and my very next phone call will be to my credit card company to dispute any and all charges made by your company."  Followed by calls to the BBB and the Attorney General in the state the business is registered in/operating from.

I have never done this you might be right.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for sharing. I'll keep that in mind. Sounds like a shady deal at best.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the info. Good to know bad companies, when word like this gets out doesn't take long for them to go bye, bye.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The time to dispute it would have been when the cheats were saying "Oh, you owe us a $57 restocking fee."  At that point, he should have said "I'm not going to pay that and my very next phone call will be to my credit card company to dispute any and all charges made by your company."  Followed by calls to the BBB and the Attorney General in the state the business is registered in/operating from.

+1

Sounds like they're the Vulcan of internet retailers
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#19]
You guys are absolutely right –– I should have said no and called my credit card company to dispute the charge, but I didn't think of that while I had them on the phone –– I was just shocked at what I was hearing.  I did file a report with the BBB in their home state, but I will call the AG office to file a complaint as well, even if there's nothing to be done about it at this point.  Hopefully others will do the same until some action is taken against them and/or they change their ways.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Sucks to hear, i would have called my bank (credit card company) tell them what's going on. And have them deny the claim.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#22]
––-Quote (Originally by wompster)––- on GlockTalk.com 09-21-2009, 14:42

I ordered from TGSCOM, Inc. before joining this forum. They got my order wrong. I complained. They got it wrong, again. I ended up with large box of gun solvent leaking all over my porch.

Steer clear of all TGSCOM, Inc. websites. They all look the same. My impression is that the company is run by teenagers. Do they really have an FFL? Typical.

Here's a handy list to avoid:

www.thegunsource.com
www.topglock.com
www.gunsatcost.com
www.shotgunworks.com
www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com
www.amerigloweaponsights.com
www.lasermaxstore.com
www.ar15pro.com
www.hkperfection.com
www.xdpistols.com
www.allglock.com
www.waltherpistols.com
www.bersapistols.com
www.sigsauerpro.com
www.glockworld.com
www.gunandhunting.com
www.rugerlcp.com
www.gsg5rifle.com
www.fishinggearpro.com
www.17hmrpro.com
www.rifle-scope-store.com
www.1911pistols.com
www.ak47rifle.com
www.keltecpistols.com
www.sks-rifles.com

Link to thread:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908440

Added from the op:

www.GotRifle.com
www.SigPistols.com
www.ConcealGun.com
www.AmmoSupply.com

TGSCOM's own official list:
http://www.tgscom.com/Content.aspx?ckey=RetailPartners
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered one of the ammo cans with chocolate bullets in it for a gag gift for my wife. They were ok on that. Now I get their e-mails 2-3 time a week.
certex
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What would you have spent, over their price, had you bought from a reputable supplier?  Do business with GOOD, ESTABLISHED businesses even if it costs you a few $ more.  Not to say there are not some great start up companies out there but business longevity says a lot about someone.

My brother buys based on lowest price and he usually gets lowest q.c. and c.s.

P

There's nothing wrong with that strategy as long as you go into knowing the risks.  I have bought a lot of stuff from "low cost providers" over the last 20+ years and I can count on one hand the number of issues I've had.  Keep a second or third credit card with a low limit specifically for dealing with "unknown businesses" so you can dispute the charges and cancel the card if necessary if/when an issue arises.
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 2:01:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Bookmarked..

I've had an AA 22 kit for my G34 on order from Glockworld for about 7 months. Based on this thread and especially some of the discussion in the links I'll shop elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/30/2009 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#26]
btt
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#27]
BUMP!!! i ordered an armalite stripped lower from them, waited 4 weeks to get it shipped and it arrived at my FFL, and it was an "ardel engineering" . however on the invoice it was listed as an armalite. OHH was I steamed, and if i had shipped it back I would be out shipping(30 bucks(alaska rate) FFL fees(25 bucks), and whatever restocking fee existed. I wasnt too happy. guy at the office heard about it and offered to trade me for a cav arms lower(took it in a heart beat, and i like my cav15 mkII it goes nice with my 5.45).
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#28]

thanks for the heads up.

I probably won't be making any purchases from them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

––-Quote (Originally by wompster)––- on GlockTalk.com 09-21-2009, 14:42

I ordered from TGSCOM, Inc. before joining this forum. They got my order wrong. I complained. They got it wrong, again. I ended up with large box of gun solvent leaking all over my porch.

Steer clear of all TGSCOM, Inc. websites. They all look the same. My impression is that the company is run by teenagers. Do they really have an FFL? Typical.

Here's a handy list to avoid:

www.thegunsource.com

www.topglock.com

www.gunsatcost.com

www.shotgunworks.com

www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com

www.amerigloweaponsights.com

www.lasermaxstore.com

www.ar15pro.com

www.hkperfection.com

www.xdpistols.com

www.allglock.com

www.waltherpistols.com

www.bersapistols.com

www.sigsauerpro.com

www.glockworld.com

www.gunandhunting.com

www.rugerlcp.com

www.gsg5rifle.com

www.fishinggearpro.com

www.17hmrpro.com

www.rifle-scope-store.com

www.1911pistols.com

www.ak47rifle.com

www.keltecpistols.com

www.sks-rifles.com

Link to thread:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908440

Added from the op:

www.GotRifle.com

www.SigPistols.com

www.ConcealGun.com

www.AmmoSupply.com

TGSCOM's own official list:

And i was about to order from 17hmrpro till I saw this....

Link Posted: 12/4/2009 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Better Business Bureau is a joke.

Dispute the charges with your credit card.

No problems.

John
Link Posted: 12/7/2009 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Better Business Bureau.
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#33]
bump
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Tag for later to block all those sites at the router so I don't forget and place an order.

And thanks for the posts and bump.
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#35]
bump
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#36]
btt
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#37]
It seems they are running quite a bit of websites.  According to the WHOIS on their domain name, TGSCOM, INC. owns 70 domain names.  This doesn't include the domain names he is running under the front Thompson Development.

Avoid any website with a mailing address of...

1449 S Broadway

PO Box 22044

Green Bay, WI  54305

US

They list quite a few of their websites here.

Link Posted: 1/23/2010 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#38]
That sucks, Top Glock has been great to me, ordered from them cose to 15 times in the last five years without an issue.

Link Posted: 1/24/2010 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  You dispute the charge when you get the credit card bill.  You tell your card company that the charge was improper since you never returned anything.  Also, file a complaint with your credit card.  Those CC's are the ones that'll turn up the heat.  That vendor NEEDS to be on good terms with the CC companies in order to do business.
Link Posted: 1/24/2010 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Im actually quite surprised. I bought both my AR (Stag Model 2) and a Marlin XS7 (.308) from TGSCOM and both arrived within good time to my FFLs. I also just purchased a Magpul MOE grip which should be on the way. I have no problem buying from places as long as I can get a hold of them. The only two pet peeves are the VERY long waits to talk to customer service, and the fact that I dont get email conformation for my orders. I am not saying that its a great company, but all my purchases have been handled well, and when I had an item on backorder, I was able to cancel it fine. I may or may not buy from them in the future, and Im sorry that you had a bad experience.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Nothing like charging a restocking fee for something that's out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top