Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2006 1:57:40 PM EDT
I have had the oppritunity to test two of there stainless steel magazines. Some of  my comments Larry has already posted.I recieved the mags on Saturday and have been trying to think of test that you guys would want to see other than the normal use test.Reading what others have written already about the mags we seem to be doing the same things.I think this is good and I am sure FullAuto will do his drop test.
 So far I like the mags. I have been comparing USGI, H&K and other mags.The weight is the funny thing.You pick it up and it feels like it should be heavier,But has a solid feel.If they are resilient,which has yet to be seen they could be the deal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats a good idea.Have someone like H.P.White Laboratories test differant mags.I 'm not sure of the cost. Maybe all the major magazine companies would challenge each other and split the cost. Nice gun room by the way!
When it comes to doing a drop test I'm not a scientist but I am a Marine and If you want something broken Marines can do the job. Not to say that another branch of the service couldnt break it just as fast. I would bet that a private citizen at the range or in his garage could do it also.I have two magazines to conduct ''test'' on and Iam seeing if they work. Dropping the magazine was just a flicker of brain cells and it was done.I took a USED usgi mag and did it also.Two of the tabs at the back of the mag bent .I bent them back.The mag dumped several rounds.The back of the feed lips are cracked anyway so no loss.The drop test on the SSmag had no bent lips and one round popped out. Scientific no but it was interesting.
  I believe that the magazine will get alot of use,many range visits,lots of round.I'm sure that the others that have these mags to test will do the same.The true test will be time and usage.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:54:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I took a trip to the range and shot the CP SSmag that I had dropped no problem thru 120 rounds. Full-Auto went further on his drop test than I did. I felt that with the floorplate tabs bending out on the usgi mag it would not take but another drop or two for it to break.I do think it has alot to do with how it lands.I will try and get back to the range and have an extended session.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:38:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. Just got back from the Shot Show and the SS magazine orders are just off the chart. This is a very good magazine and will only get better. Thanks for all your help, we will get more to you for your training.

Larry
CP
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone got a pic? Or do they look like GI but made in Stainless and teflon coated?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out the post "Checking out new' ..... by Eric page 1.

CP
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry no pics but check out Full-Auto's report on the same mags. Some pictures are there along with pics of the follower.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw these at the Shot Show yesterday. They looked nice. I have some ordered.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I put another 500 through both mags and no problems. Even the unfinished mag has not stopped since the one failure.I would think that someone would want the raw stainless look. Maybe a limited run? Once everyone gets there order out of the way I want to order my own.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:40:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, just checked out the review.

What is really needed is a reliable, quality  40 round magazine. This is necessary for the increasingly popular Multigun/3gun shoots which are growing every year.  I am aware of the DPMS 45 now available and all of its drawbacks - which include an asking price of around $90 (too high IMHO).

As proof of need for these, just look at the guys headed to IronMan & Mystery Mountain who are planning to sell used Sterlings for that price or higher. These are must-have items. The Beta has some limited use (Miculek uses one) but its unweildy. A reliable 40 would be perfect.

Any plans to fill this important market gap with a stainless .40?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I just bought 10 of the chrome-silicon regular 30 rounders, and they are great.  

I am also eagerly awaiting the release of the 7.62x39 mags, as I have always wanted one of those uppers but never bought one due to the rarity of decent mags for it.  South Carolina Whitetail watch out!

Now what's this 40 rounder business?  At the risk of sounding like a paid promoter, it appears that C Products really is listening to shooters regarding what they want to see available.

Please keep this up!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Thank you very much for the fast reply Larry. Also, thank you for recognizing & addressing the matter in the future. We appreciate your consideration!

As for the demand & the why, take a look at these two threads over on brianenos.com    's exclusive 3-Gun forum section:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32804

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25632&hl=

In brief; our sport focuses on the AR-15. Scoring is a little like the Olympic Biathalon sport: you MUST shoot BOTH accurate AND fast.  Because we use the AR-15 so much, and most all magazines are only 30 rounds, its typical to have stages that are just over 30 rounds, thus forcing you to use up extra time doing a reload. If you have a 40 round mag, you can often skip that reload.

How much time will a 40 round mag save you? Though it depends on the stage, it could be from 2 to 5 seconds. DId you see some of the Biathalon finishes? Some of those guys won by a nose (they won by inches over the competition). In that case, 2 seconds is a very very long time.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Larry,

I have placed an order for 8 of the 7.62x39 mags and can't wait to try them out. My suggestion is a 30 round (or more) .22 rimfire mag for the Ciener kits. I would think there would be a fair market for these, especially if you could keep the price under $30. Of course I could be wrong?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#20]
What would you suggest for the spring - stainless or chrome silicon? what advantages of either?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Do you plan on producing any 20 round stainless steel magazines?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top