Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 6:14:31 PM EDT
Good news:

I bought my first new Bushmaster M4 today. YAY!

Bad news:

While I was checking out, I asked if I could get some magazines. i don't know much about mags, but I asked for Colt mags w/ the green follower. He brought them out and put them in my bag.

So while I was shooting, I was having horrible malfuctions with these mags. Finally the baseplate flew off half way through and made all the ammo drop out of the magazine! Unreal! So, I looked at the magazine more closely and didn't see Colt written anywhere on them. So I went back to the car and looked at the package and found they were made by National Magines. What a generic name!

I just did a search on here and found that they are indeed poor quality magazines. People say you get what you pay for, but these were $25/each! I feel like such a sucker. I called the store and the guy said all sales are final. Great.

Now it's time to move on. I have my Bushmaster 30-rd magazine, but I would like to purchace 3 other high quality magazines for now. What brand should I choose to get the best quality for the money?

Thanks in advance,
Rekced
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't stop at a phone call.  I pay them a visit and demand either better mags or a refund.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd tell the store owner to give you a fucking refund. If you asked for Colt mags he should have given you Colt mags and not some generic shit.
This guy has some excellent mags for sale. Reputable too unlike that bottom feeder that ass raped you.
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=326949
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Where did you buy them at?, a similar situation happened to me at a local gunshop in Oregon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
When you get the refund, come back to the Equipment Exchange, and check out the Magazine section.  Lot's of great deals on the D&H Teflon Coated Mags.  Best out there IMO.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=24
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I went through all that. He was very defensive before I could even politely get my point accross. Obviously I wont be shopping there anymore.

As for choosing new magazines, what should I go with?
Also, is the Bushmaster magazine I received decent?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]
CLee0507- I'll PM you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Smoke the cheat on this add. At least a location....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Go here and get two almost three for that price. here
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I went through all that. He was very defensive before I could even politely get my point accross. Obviously I wont be shopping there anymore.

As for choosing new magazines, what should I go with?
Also, is the Bushmaster magazine I received decent?

The bushy mag is fine and name the shit stain shop that screwed you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Check out DSG arms.  I just got (5) grey teflon D&H 30rd mags w/genII magpul followers for 10.95 ea.  Oh if all that doesn't make sense.  Take my word these are sweet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#12]
any of the mags at www.44mag.com will be top of the line mags for about $10-$14 each depending on what features you want. most people hear would buy the teflon ones made by D&H and many incliding myself also like the mag pull fallower option they offer. if offerd i would pick CS springs over standard but either will work just fine. again any of their mags will work just fine but these are some of the options that are open to you.
sorry to hear about you bad mags but the good news is that top of the line mags are plentiful and as cheap as you will ever find them right now so buy while the buying is good. also 44mag.com and many other bord members that sell hear will take care of you if by chance you do have a problem with a mag you bought from them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Is a AR15.COM fire mission is in order? I think so! Bring them in on his busiest day & show them to everyone who's there! Tell them what " great service" you got
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#14]
www.44mag.com/

TAPCO

DSGARMS

The Equipment Exchange is always a good place.

Did you get your money back from the shop that sold you the mags?  Don't waste your money on Colt marked mags as that is exactly what they probably are.  Mags with a baseplate stamped Colt could be any manufacture as baseplates are easily replaced.

The 44mag.com site looks like a great place to get mags.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the tips guys.

This whole this has me a little paranoid now. I'm wondering if my upper/barrel is even made by Bushmaster. Is there any way to check?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't give up on trying to get a refund/exchange.  You specifically asked for Colt mags he gave something you didn't ask for and it was complete shit to boot.  If you paid $10 a piece than I would let it go but at $25 a piece you got ass fucked.  This gut probably made $20 off of each mag you bought.  Like one of the above posters stated go to the shop during a busy time and demand a refund and if he doesn't give it to you show the other customers how this guy treats his customers.

Does this guy have a website?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#17]
The name of the shop is called "The Gun Broker" located on SE 82nd Ave in Clackamas.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#18]
C Products mags great mags.  You can get them direct from C Products, 44mag.com sells them also.   C Products backs up their...well, products...  And the asshole who sold you the mags and gun.  Ask in the AR Discussions forum about numbers and other identification on whether your Bushmaster really is a Bushmaster.

TS
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Thanks for the tips guys.

This whole this has me a little paranoid now. I'm wondering if my upper/barrel is even made by Bushmaster. Is there any way to check?

What is stamped on the barrel? It should say B MP 1/9 or something like that on top in front of site.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine says 8 MP Nato 5.56 1/9.

Is there anything to look for on the receiver to make sure it's a bushmaster?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#21]
That's a Bushmaster barrel. If you call Bushmaster tomorrow and give the serial number they can tell you.
I googled this guys name and address. He is listed on alot of gun manufacture websites as a dealer.
See him in person if he's a smart dealer he will help you out.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The name of the shop is called "The Gun Broker" located on SE 82nd Ave in Clackamas.

My parents live near there, and I've been thinking of stopping by... guess I won't be now!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My parents live near there, and I've been thinking of stopping by... guess I won't be now!

Ouch!

WWW.44mag.com is in Oregon also, but down in Harbor next to Brookings.  If your gonna order online, they are closer and pretty damn good with the prices.  

I've bought 6 mags + 1 Beta C-Mag from 44Mag. Excellent.

But, sorry to hear you got shafted.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I've dropped by the gunbroker a few times.  Last time I bought some mags.  One of them was a Mini-14 mag (trying different ones until I get a few that work).  Didn't open it for a few weeks.  When I did (to load before the last ARFcom shoot), I couldn't get the rounds into it.  Feed lips were smashed.  I'll take the hit since I really should have known better than to buy mags from the bin next to the door without inspecting them.

Other thoughts:  Not much selection, prices kinda high.  I did meet the guy I bought my FAL from there.  Saw him again at the last PR match.  I believe he scored second place.

Was also the place where I found a DSA STG-58 Para-folder for $1100 on consignment.  Too bad I decided to sleep on the purchase.  Owner had sellers remorse and took it back the next morning.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Wow, I've shopped at the Tigard store a few times and have always been treated well.  I have never bought magazines there, but a few firearms.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I was in there on Saturday and the employee I heard was speaking to customers politely, taking time to explain things to an obviously new gun buyer, unlike some gun stores which can be rude and dismissive.

I haven't bought anything from them though so I can't comment on their returns policy.

edited to add this was at their Tigard store, not the one on 82nd.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Did you  pay w/ cash or visa/mc?? IF by credit card, dispute the charges.  BE A PITA 'til you get your money back.
FB
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#29]
stick to USGI mags--the floorpates can be changed, so watch it

h/w, its easy to spot USGIs when you get to see em a lot

check out the EE for some great mag deals and dealers

good luck on gettting a refund
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Duct tape the mags to a brick and throw it through his front window.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#31]
44 mag has em for less then $10 each!!!!!

I bought 10
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Duct tape the mags to a brick and throw it through his front window.

*If* he's a shitbird about it. HELL YEAH DO THAT!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#33]
hey rekced,

welcome to AR15.com!

im me your mailing address and i will ship you 4 30 round mags i used in the army.  we used Okay industries back in the day, so these should get you started.  no charge.  i've got 20 mags left over sitting in the closet and i havent even used half of them since i bought my LMT 16 inch.  Never had jams on these babies at all.  

romeo
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#34]
from what I know about mags as long as it is a USGI contractor they are fine. Look for names like Okay, Simmonds, Adventure Line, Sanchez, Colt, NHMTG, there are a few others. the only ones I have are two from NHMTG and they are fine. I think they come from the same factory as the colts.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#35]
If you specifically asked for Colt Mags and you were sold what you thought to be Colt Mags, then there was definitely a misrepresentation of product and the dealer can be held liable for that.  I wouldn't take "no" for an answer and would return to that dealer and not ask, but DEMAND satisfaction.  He sounds like he doesn't care about repeat business to me, and this case he certainly wouldn't receive any either!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#36]
I was going to say things like ... go in the store and raise hell, demand a refund, and become his worst nightmare, but after reading the rest of the postings i really like the brick idea.
3 mags = 3 bricks = 3 windows.

Do try and get your money back first though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Romeo, you're one helluva nice person.  That's a great gesture on your part and the type of kindness that makes me very proud of our traditions......God Bless.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#38]
The brick idea would definitely be JUSTICE, but the bad thing about that is that one would lower one's self even lower than that scumbag!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#39]
The guy that owns the Gun Broker is named Royd.  Not a bad guy but the management of the Clackamas store is not him.  They have been screwing people for decades.  For example, I had a woman working for me that went to them to purchas a pistol for personal defense.  She was 5'1" and weighed about 110 lbs.  She showed up for range qualification with a .44 Charter Arms Bulldog.  That's what you get there for service.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Romeo, you're one helluva nice person.  That's a great gesture on your part and the type of kindness that makes me very proud of our traditions......God Bless.

Thanks dude!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
hey rekced,

welcome to AR15.com!

im me your mailing address and i will ship you 4 30 round mags i used in the army.  we used Okay industries back in the day, so these should get you started.  no charge.  i've got 20 mags left over sitting in the closet and i havent even used half of them since i bought my LMT 16 inch.  Never had jams on these babies at all.  

romeo

Damn, what a nice guy !!!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top