Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:52:07 PM EDT
Of the two orange colors of the Magpul followers, which do you like or prefer?

Current Orange?

Or

Early Production Red-Orange?

TS  

BTW: I can't make this a poll.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to get some of the red-orange ones.  I was very disappointed when my followers showed up because I do not like the look of the current orange at all.

Anyone with some of the red-orange magpul followers want to sell me a few?

-X
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's a pic of red-orange:

Here's the current orange:

TS  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Red Orange looks strong like Bull Penis...

Orange looks fruity like tang.......

Me like Bull.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We went with the lighter Orange as it is a stock color so we thought the lead time and cost would be less.

It turns out however that the custom color actully costs the same and takes less time to get in so if you really like the old red/orange we could probably get back to something close to it.

Sweet!!!!

TS
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We went with the lighter Orange as it is a stock color so we thought the lead time and cost would be less.

It turns out however that the custom color actully costs the same and takes less time to get in so if you really like the old red/orange we could probably get back to something close to it.

yup-yup!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#8]
If you're gonna make a poll, make sure one of the options is :

WHO GIVES A FUCK

Unless you're as into fashion as Paris Hilton and are showing off for your man friends, as long as it works, they could make 'em bright fucking pepto bismol pink for all I care!

Mag bling, who would've ever though!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#9]
If you don't give a fuck, why did you bother to read and even worse..reply to this thread
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#10]
So Harv24, what's your vote?

TS
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 for red-orange
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#12]
i like the red-orange and the newer grey ones.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
+1 for red-orange

+2
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 for red-orange

+2

+3
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 for red-orange

+2

+3

+4
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Magpul, there's your sign!    Honestly, I was going to order a few dozen for my black mags until I saw that the orange was no longer red-orange.  

TS
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought the red-orange were prototyps and early production.  I like the newer ones being different for ID purposes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I like the red-orange color myself.... and when I convert about 25 mags over, that's what I'll choose for color.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I could care less about mag folower colors but DAMN...

MAGPUL has to have about the best customer service of any company on this site to even consider changes to product line for things as minor as lipstick shade!!!

hail2.gif Magpul is tops in my book.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#21]
1+ for the pink ones
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
1+ for the pink oneshr

+2
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the red/orange ones better.  I had the later production burnt orange ones and sent them back.
The burnt orange ones appear darker than the posted pic in this thread, not really bright.
Rich, how about a fluorescent orange?   I also like the glow in the dark ones.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#24]
After much thought and consultations with buddies, having two of the red, and now 5 of the burnt orange I vote hot pink.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I haven't seen any in person or used them(have some on the way from a friend) but I'd say Red-Orange, then Grey.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 for red-orange

+2

+3

+4

+5
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:55:06 AM EDT
[#27]
After a few weeks of this color follower thing I am beginning to think that Magpul should be really, really glad women aren't the biggest purchaser of their products.   Us guys aren't supposed to be interested in these things.  I'm guilty here too.  But think of the following scenario:

Honey.  Does this color Magpul follower make me look fat?  Remember it's fully loaded so choose you answer carefully.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:10:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I installed the orange ones in some of mine, and they work incredibly well (the anti-tilt aspect)

Best followers this side of the Hk Enhanced Reliability magazine's hard-chromed, steel version

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#29]
At the risk of starting a huge fight, is there any chance of Magpul offering a high visability fluorescent green follower in addition to the red-orange and gray?

Putting asthetics aside for a moment, have several color choices for followers does make sense for differentiating magazines used for different purposes or for different rifles.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Putting asthetics aside for a moment, have several color choices for followers does make sense for differentiating magazines used for different purposes or for different rifles.

You could always do the old school way of identification, color tape!

don't get me wrong about different colors for followers, all my mags have MagPul followers in some color, Beta Red, Gen I coyote and Gen II gray & orange.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
At the risk of starting a huge fight, is there any chance of Magpul offering a high visability fluorescent green follower in addition to the red-orange and gray?

thats what these are for: from the magpul website Range Safety -Ranger Lock Plates
Description:
Range Safety -Ranger Lock Plates replace the standard black Ranger lock plate with a high visability version that can be seen from 4 different places when installed on a magazine. Useful for marking magazines containing different types of ammunition.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#32]
JL7 and Apple_Tech,

I appreciate the suggentions.  However, I still would like the option of a fluorescent green follower.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm gonna have to choose the red/orange.  The orange/orange is a bit tropical and clashes with my skin tone, never mind my wardrobe.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats what these are for: from the magpul website Range Safety -Ranger Lock Plates
Description:
Range Safety -Ranger Lock Plates replace the standard black Ranger lock plate with a high visability version that can be seen from 4 different places when installed on a magazine. Useful for marking magazines containing different types of ammunition.

I was hoping that the magpul followers were this color because I have some of the red lock plates.  Why does it matter if I want my followers to match the lock plates?  Because I want them to.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Magpul, you gonna run some red-orange?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'm gonna have to choose the red/orange.  The orange/orange is a bit tropical and clashes with my skin tone, never mind my wardrobe.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#37]
and then there is always magpuls new mag design.

just another way of telling ammo.

side note:  as long as you guys suggest colors to magpul, well, they will make them and then i have to buy them.  Damn you scuba steve!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey magpull,

Is there any chance you could purchase all the overstocked, leftover polymer coloring agents from your supplier for real cheap and mix them all together to make rainbow followers and sell them for cheaper? ;-)

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#39]
ok, no rainbow!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#40]
While I appreciate the humor and can take the shots questioning my manhood.  I would like to know if anyone is interested in a switch back to the red orange color of the early production GenII followers so that Magpul can decide if it is their interest to switch back to this color.  To me it is more visible and would help in finding mags dropped on the range or in the woods...

TS
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't mind the current orange.  Not a big fan of the gray, too dull.  Still have my heart set on the early pink-red color.

TS: so ya, i like the early Gen2 red/orange.  (don't have any in my bag of tricks here, got every other color including the glow in the dark ones {well, they are on the way}, hint hint rich)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I have the 1st Gen CB followers and they are no different than the 2nd Gen ones. I wish that Magpul would make them color matching, like their stocks (black/OD/CB) for those of us that just have to have matching colors on everything, from stock, to rail covers to pistol grip to followers on the mags.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#43]
You would think they'd offer all sorts of colors.. black, red, red-orange, fluroscent green, neon pink..whatever.. if it's a good product, i think we'll buy them all the same..

personally, the red-orange looked quite nice.. nice way of distinguishing your magazines once you've dropped them.. they stick out better than the greens/blacks/browns when they're on the ground..
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I have the 1st Gen CB followers and they are no different than the 2nd Gen ones. I wish that Magpul would make them color matching, like their stocks (black/OD/CB) for those of us that just have to have matching colors on everything, from stock, to rail covers to pistol grip to followers on the mags.

what do you mean by Gen 1 is the same as Gen 2?  There is molding differences.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#45]
I really didn't care which shade of orange it was.  I just wanted ORANGE.  I replaced my old orange followers (the ones that were identical to the green followers except color) with the new orange magpul followers.  For me, orange is easy to see through the ejection port, to check for an empty mag.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#46]
RED-ORANGE  !  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

WHO GIVES A FUCK

BOTH SHOULD BE BANNED FROM CIVLIAN USE!!

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
For me, orange is easy to see through the ejection port, to check for an empty mag.

What about the fact that the bolt is locked back?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#49]
The current orange is more conducive to being seen (you know, the same color as 'hunter safety orange!').  Besides, this newer color is 'orange' , not reddish-orange.  I too replaced all my regular milspec oranges with Magpuls orange b/c they seem to be smother and function better, even though I never had a problem with the milspec ones.  Vote for the orange (like it matters), because it is closer to the color of the UT Vols!  Go Vols!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
While I appreciate the humor and can take the shots questioning my manhood.  I would like to know if anyone is interested in a switch back to the red orange color of the early production GenII followers so that Magpul can decide if it is their interest to switch back to this color.  To me it is more visible and would help in finding mags dropped on the range or in the woods...

TS

red-orange gets my vote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top