Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2006 7:25:09 AM EDT
just ordered 18 mag bodies from c products to put the extra springs i have into use. i have 11 of the green USGI followers but am contemplating buying the grey magpulls, however they fetch a 2-3$ a piece price.
annyone know where i can get them for less than this?
most of my mags have magpulls as they are new, but a few do not, should i upgrade?
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
should i upgrade?

No.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry about that,
thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Use the green. If you have a problem with a mag feeding, change the follower to a Magpul. Or sell me the greens for cheap.............
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Use the green. If you have a problem with a mag feeding, change the follower to a Magpul. Or sell me the greens for cheap.............

I used the BLACK in the last class I took.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want to train eventually malfunctions, get the black follower.

If you want to use the mags for range only, use whatever you want.

If your life depends on them, why do you ask?

I have Magpul followers in all my rounded mags. As range mags I use ( after testing each and any mag ) mainly 20 rounders.

ITSHTF I use 30 rounders with Magpuls - I don´t want to take any chances ... there are 15 stacked away, some more on order , with pouches to carry them. Of course that´s too much for one rifle, so I have to find a solution .. hmmm, maybe I´m ill - BRD?

;-)

H
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you want to train eventually malfunctions, get the black follower.

Damn it!  I couldn't get my black followers to MALF at all in last month's Patrol Rifle class!

I must be doing something wrong!
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
just ordered 18 mag bodies from c products to put the extra springs i have into use. i have 11 of the green USGI followers but am contemplating buying the grey magpulls, however they fetch a 2-3$ a piece price.
annyone know where i can get them for less than this?
most of my mags have magpulls as they are new, but a few do not, should i upgrade?

If your rifles run reliably with black followers, leave them be.

If your rifles malf. with black followers, upgrade to green (practically free if you look around).

If your rilfes malf. with green followers, upgrade to Magpul.

If your rifle malfs with Magpul followers, your rifle is a piece of shit!

Seriously, magazine related issues make-up the majority of malfunctions in semi-automatic weapons.  Reliability is something I try to keep as close to 100% as possible.  If a good rifle becomes a crap rifle with mags with black followers, then I'm gonna change the followers (simplest and cheapest solution).  YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#9]
hmmm, well my followers are the green ones that come in standard C products mags.
are these better than the black ones you guys refer to? i have never heard of black followers, only grey 5.56 magpull ones and orange magpulls
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#11]
thanks for the pic/info
i think i will keep the green followers and use these as range mags.. i have 20 or so with magpuls and only one AR, so i guess i am ok in that regard
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#12]
The weakest part of any ammunition feeding system is the magazine.  Buying the Magpuls is cheap insurance.  Is it needed?  Use you're own judgement.  If we all followed markm's advice, then even Uncle Sam wouldn't have changed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If we all followed markm's advice, then even Uncle Sam wouldn't have changed.

Nah.  I like the green ones too!  They're nice.  I just have never had any issues with the black followers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Check the link for the mag group buy. Gen II grey or orange magpul followers are less than $2.or $3. Definitely do the upgrade.

Edited to remove price for magpul followers - not supposed to post group buy pricing......Oooops

Edited again to say you have to go to the group buy link and then go to the 44mag link. I didn't see them offered by Copes or CProd, may be just didn't see them there.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top